3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:01:16 PM(UTC)
So I purchased this game for myself and my partner to enjoy. But mostly as a gift. But only one has access to all the free cars. Both our profiles on the one machine are set to family. I have paid $151 au for this game. Why is the content not shared on profiles when it's the same machine? Can I transfer the free content to a second profile as it was bought for my partner but purchased on my profile.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:22:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:13:53 AM(UTC)
Any info on this? We got the ultimate edition too and only my brother has all the cars and I don't !:(
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:23:01 PM(UTC)
Same issue - except I bought the Ultimate version on wrong account...so now the Gamer Tag I actually use/play with doesn't have any of the content I shelled out for, it's stuck on my other.

Can someone please advise? On Forza 5 and any DLC content went to multiple accounts on same console.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:39:03 AM(UTC)
Forza (and other Xbox games?) seems to treat DLC on a shared console like the family car: Anybody can borrow the keys to use it, but the DMV registration is always in one person's name. The DLC asset can be used by shared accounts without multiple purchases, but the DLC benefits are only available to the account that purchased the DLC. Sharing ability may be affected by whether the owner/shared account is the one set to "This is my home console" so experiment with that. Contact Xbox Support about license transfer. See:

Originally Posted by: GandalfWhite659 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Installed car DLC should be available to buy from the [Autoshow] for any account on the DLC owner's console. What the other accounts would miss out on (presuming that nothing has changed since FM5 and FH2) is the one-time-free buy. So the DLC owner would be able to collect each DLC car for free from the [Autoshow] the first time while the other accounts would have to pay credits. (There's also an outside chance that the system is screwy and the first account to grab the cars gets them for free and then the DLC owner would have to pay credits).

I say that from observation but if you want a definitive answer you might have to get T10 and Xbox Support to give you the final word. User reports have given a picture of the game treating cars as code assets accessible to everyone while benefits affecting a game save (first-free, VIP icons/accelerator/gifts, and tokens) are only available to the DLC owner.

Spoke with Andrea at Xbox Support @ 9:53 EDT this morning for 20 minutes, and (no surprise) ManteoMax called this one correctly:
* Early Access and bonus cars (Mazda MX-5 and 10 year Anniversary car pack) limited to license holder (person who purchases game)
* First FM6 DLC pack (Fast & Furious) and digital SKU bonuses (Forza Horizon 2’s Pre-Order Car Pack, Alpinestars Car Pack, and Duracell Car Pack) free to license holder, in game credit purchase for other users of home system
* Andrea literally couldn't access Turn 10's website (blocked on XBS computers, cell phones not allowed on support floor) but suspects T10 will follow previous half-price VIP membership for prior Forza VIP players. Gamestop lists VIP price at $19.99
* Andrea also couldn't confirm that Forza Score bonus cars are based on your Tier level at the first time you log in FM6 (as opposed to score on 9/10 or 9/15).
I'll send an email to T10 regarding VIP pricing and Forza Tier bonus cars and post any response.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:43:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jamminatrix Go to Quoted Post
Same issue - except I bought the Ultimate version on wrong account...so now the Gamer Tag I actually use/play with doesn't have any of the content I shelled out for, it's stuck on my other.

Can someone please advise? On Forza 5 and any DLC content went to multiple accounts on same console.

My girlfriend redeemed the codes on the wrong account so I'm in the same boat.

I've tried contacting turn 10 to see if I could get it fixed.
How is there not a number or any way to talk to a representative?
#6 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 1:34:11 AM(UTC)
I also have ultimate version. I have my console set as my home. My son cannot access what my packs gave me. But when we have tried to purchase the packs vip etc for his gametag, it already says these packs, ViP, car pass etc are already installed on his name. So he isn't able to gain access to anything even if we want to pay the extra for him.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 2:19:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RotaryKing107 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jamminatrix Go to Quoted Post

My girlfriend redeemed the codes on the wrong account so I'm in the same boat.

I've tried contacting turn 10 to see if I could get it fixed.
How is there not a number or any way to talk to a representative?

Unfortunately there is no free solution for this, based on everything I've found, since it's on both Microsoft's and T10's end. It sucks.

The only option is to pay an additional $19.99 for the VIP the account you play with most often - or run in circles with live chat.

Originally Posted by: FurballPhil Go to Quoted Post
I also have ultimate version. I have my console set as my home. My son cannot access what my packs gave me. But when we have tried to purchase the packs vip etc for his gametag, it already says these packs, ViP, car pass etc are already installed on his name. So he isn't able to gain access to anything even if we want to pay the extra for him.

You have to buy the second VIP pass on the Xbox.com website, not through the console. The console thinks it's installed when buying through the console (because it is, for the other account).

Notification

Icon
Error