10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bennoj61 Go to Quoted Post
While the rabbit drivetar is certainly an issue in races of the 3-5 lap length, I've found them very catchable in races of 10+ laps. For instance, last night I ran a free play 30 lap race on the Lime Rock circuit at Expert drivatar level in D-class cars. Two drivetars shot out to a big lead, but after 3 laps, I'd worked my way up to third and started putting fast laps with no traffic ahead of me. 2 drivetars hung with me for 10-15 laps and tried to capitalize on a few mistakes, but I was able to re-pass within 2-3 corners each time. From about lap 15-25 I was unchallenged and made up significant time on the 2 leading drivetars. On lap 25 I started lapping backmarkers and closed up on the leaders, who were being held up by traffic. On the final corner of lap 28, I passed for the lead and won the race by about 1.5 seconds. In both FM5 and FM6, I've had similar experiences in races over 20 laps and in general whether I won or lost came down to my own habit of overcooking corners as I close on the leader.

I am not sure they are technically drivatars as they aren't based on gamertags and therefore do not learn or mimic humans. They are the systems basic AI. Don't think they even have the liveries. I'm not sure a comparison with free play can really be made. However I'm sure it's much easier to catch the leaders in freeplay in longer races :)
 2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:05:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XPR Clutch Go to Quoted Post

I intended it to be insulting.

Which is precisely why it has been removed.

You can do better.

Alright, fair enough. My apologies.
 3 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:07:36 AM(UTC)
Getting through the field quickly is the key. I've had the lead car run off several times. Sometimes I run him down, other times I don't. If they patch it and it swings the other way then people will complain that the competition isn't strong enough. I'm having a blast with this game. I've had so many races that I've run several times before I win, or I'll even turn down the difficulty because I don't see any other way. It's not supposed to be a cake walk. Quit crying and play the "game" folks.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:11:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lou Slugnuts Go to Quoted Post
Getting through the field quickly is the key. I've had the lead car run off several times. Sometimes I run him down, other times I don't. If they patch it and it swings the other way then people will complain that the competition isn't strong enough. I'm having a blast with this game. I've had so many races that I've run several times before I win, or I'll even turn down the difficulty because I don't see any other way. It's not supposed to be a cake walk. Quit crying and play the "game" folks.

Doesn't need to be too easy for a resolution. All they need to do is ensure lower skill settings don't match up with as fast "rabbits" problem solved for all :)

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:12:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:17:26 AM(UTC)
Its to be pick up and play for everyone even newbies.

3 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:10:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Trouty65 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
The career mode is a joke anyway. Finishing 3rd in every race is not realistic and makes the career get stale very fast.

Lol you guys crack me up. You want the game to be more "Sim" and realistic yet you honestly think if you were racing for real you would "Win" nearly every race LMAO

GET REAL !

It's a GAME ! Enjoy it for what it is, a damn good racing game by all accounts ;-)

You are partially correct IMHO.

People shouldn't expect to get first place but a career mode starting you 12th on the grid shouldn't prevent you from progressing until you get third. - especially when you only have 2 or 3 laps to achieve it! Using a "realistic" analogy a race driver would be told to go back to his previous race each week until he achieved a podium ;)

I totally agree its a damn good racing game - best ever on console :)

If we actually had this little thing called QUALIFYING instead of being forced to start in the back of the pack every single race, this would all be much more realistic. Even the crazy drivatars would be less of a problem.

QUALIFYING ... what's that... this game is toooo realistic for QUALIFYING!!!!! We don't need that, though T10 did incorporate PRACTICE. How hard would it have been to put a button so you could QUALIFY !!!!!

1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:45:10 AM(UTC)
You don't buy Madden so that you can look at the players standing motionless in a room with sweat glistening off them.

Wait... You don't?!

*moves thumbstick*

OH MY GOD YOU CAN PLAY FOOTBALL!

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:45:19 AM(UTC)
Qualifying would be awesome. Really want qualifying. If you agree, make sure you post it in wish list.

I like the stupid fast drivatars... Smoked everyone on unbeatable in F5, had to scale the difficulty back in F6 because I kept placing 4th-5th... Kind of excited that once I knock the rust off and get back to normal pace I can bump difficulty back up and chase down that guy that finishes 20secs ahead.

Also... Join a multiplayer lobby pretty much guarantee if you start in 12th you will have no chance catching that fast guy that started in 1st...
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:46:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RMKip455 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Trouty65 Go to Quoted Post
The career mode is a joke anyway. Finishing 3rd in every race is not realistic and makes the career get stale very fast.

Lol you guys crack me up. You want the game to be more "Sim" and realistic yet you honestly think if you were racing for real you would "Win" nearly every race LMAO

GET REAL !

It's a GAME ! Enjoy it for what it is, a damn good racing game by all accounts ;-)

You are partially correct IMHO.

People shouldn't expect to get first place but a career mode starting you 12th on the grid shouldn't prevent you from progressing until you get third. - especially when you only have 2 or 3 laps to achieve it! Using a "realistic" analogy a race driver would be told to go back to his previous race each week until he achieved a podium ;)

I totally agree its a damn good racing game - best ever on console :)

If we actually had this little thing called QUALIFYING instead of being forced to start in the back of the pack every single race, this would all be much more realistic. Even the crazy drivatars would be less of a problem.

QUALIFYING ... what's that... this game is toooo realistic for QUALIFYING!!!!! We don't need that, though T10 did incorporate PRACTICE. How hard would it have been to put a button so you could QUALIFY !!!!!

Lol. I've already let my temper get the better of me here once today, I can't do it again. But I really do think qualifying would be a nice touch. I wouldn't have to be bothered so much with the slower AI cars that are just obstacles, rather than actual opponents.

Maybe someday.

#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:00:08 AM(UTC)

If people were crying about that on unbeatable difficulty you'd have a point. The majority if not all seem to be from people playing on Expert and under. Even what seems like alot mentioning it on new driver. Either way imo theres something not quite right with it all just yet. Although I think the drivatars are much improved over 5, hopefully that doesn't change now the game is out.
 3 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:08:07 AM(UTC)
Am i the only one who has no problem with the drivatars.
My settings are above average and the agression is turned off.
The first place drivatar is very fast, but in the second round i normaly can pass him.
In the third round i am in front and finish first.
The only time that i finish second or third is when i screw up.
I think its fine, it is a nice but clean batlle the best experince i ever had in a race game.
FORZA FOR EVER !!!
 14 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:09:39 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

As I mentioned in another thread, we are aware of this issue with Drivatars and are currently investigating. I don't have an update beyond that currently but rest assured we are looking into it and I hope to have more to tell you soon.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:20:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

As I mentioned in another thread, we are aware of this issue with Drivatars and are currently investigating. I don't have an update beyond that currently but rest assured we are looking into it and I hope to have more to tell you soon.

Thanks,
Brian

they perfectly fine imo.

just because some baby wines because he can't win is not an excuse to change quite clever and competitive ai.

i would personally love a higher level. i want to be humbled to help me really improve my driving. i don't have a problem starting 12th and finishing 10th if the quality of opposition is of a very high calibre.
 3 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:00:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Brian

they perfectly fine imo.

just because some baby wines because he can't win is not an excuse to change quite clever and competitive ai.

i would personally love a higher level. i want to be humbled to help me really improve my driving. i don't have a problem starting 12th and finishing 10th if the quality of opposition is of a very high calibre.

All they have to do is stop the lone car racing off at crazy speeds on the lower difficulties. Not going to effect you at all.
 31 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:49:07 PM(UTC)
No offense was meant by the tweet. Twitter responses are inherently limited. Here's a non-140-character-limited attempt: We are looking into this issue. We have ruled out rubber banding and other oddities. It appears to be a higher skilled Drivatar being pulled into the incorrect difficulty group and placed in pole, but we don't have it completely isolated yet. We do not see this as low priority. We hear the community and enter your feedback directly into our database. Rest assured that this will not effect the amount of CR/XP you will earn.
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:56:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nebuchadnezzar Go to Quoted Post
No offense was meant by the tweet. Twitter responses are inherently limited. Here's a non-140-character-limited attempt: We are looking into this issue. We have ruled out rubber banding and other oddities. It appears to be a higher skilled Drivatar being pulled into the incorrect difficulty group and placed in pole, but we don't have it completely isolated yet. We do not see this as low priority. We hear the community and enter your feedback directly into our database. Rest assured that this will not effect the amount of CR/XP you will earn.

Wow isn't this Dan the man himself posting? :)

Yup this is exactly what I've been saying numerous times the last couple of days - that the error is in drivatar selection process :)
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:56:54 PM(UTC)

Dan, thanks for popping in, we really appreciate the feedback.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:59:28 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Two thumbs up, I'm glad it's being looked into. Best of luck finding a solution!
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:27:42 PM(UTC)
Was that actually Dan posting???? If so.....NICE!!!! Thanks for clearing it up!

I sounded bitter in my first post...I'm not. I love Forza. I love the feel I get when I play it. I'm trying to do my part to help this game be better for everyone not just me.

Really, if they can fix the Drivatar AI, add some more options in Free Play and (for you online people) add some hoppers, this very well WILL be the best Forza game ever.
 1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:34:22 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Thank you guys and congratulations to an otherwise AMAZING game. Cheers
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/29/4753 5:46:11 PM(UTC)
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:35:29 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Quote/Thread #1
"I refuse to play online in any game."

Quote/Thread #2
"Just more reasons I won't buy this game"

Quote/Thread #3
"Yet another reason I won't buy this game."

Quote/Thread #1
"You just lost a customer T10"

If you don't have the game and don't intend to get the game, just what are you doing here? It's time to stop trolling.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:01:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:55:21 PM(UTC)
I've actually enjoyed racing the drivatars so far, the only times I've come up against really quick ones, happened to be from friends who are genuinely quicker than me in real life. They've usually started mid pack like me, so I've been able to follow them through the pack and either overtake them or just accept they're quicker than me (which in reality they are!).

Been loving my fm6 experience so far, long may it continue, thanks

D
#98 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:57:31 PM(UTC)
Please for the love of jebus dont nerf drivatars!

If you cant beat them, you arent fast enough, you have a multitude of options ranging from changing cars, learning to tune, learning to drive or just turning down the difficulty.

Here's an Experiment for the community;

Do the same race through turn 2 a bunch of times in a row trying to drive clean. Each time pause and write down the cars position at start and after 2 turns.

Seeing a pattern yet? Pole position is a thing for a reason. Motorsports have qualification days for a reason.

Then finish the race and compare the laptimes of the drivatar to the their human counterpart and the top 10 drivers in the world. Do you still think they are bugged and pulling away because of some shenanigans? or maybe it's because you are stuck in traffic and pulling lap times 5+ seconds slower because of it while the terrible AI is just consistently pulling away with terrible lap times you should be able to beat even in traffic.

You can't l honestly believe the car that got through turn one unscathed with nobody at his sides is pulling away because of a bug can you? have you ever even watched motorsports that dont involve ovals before?
#99 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:04:22 PM(UTC)
Awesome! Dan himself posts to shove my foot in my mouth. I couldn't be happier. I wish it didn't take so much to solicit a response, but awesome nonetheless. I've been a jerk about some of this lol, so I'll shut up now and see what the future holds...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:06:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:05:22 PM(UTC)
Thank you, T10, for the response. I really appreciate it.
10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error