2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:03:50 PM(UTC)
My posted times don't show up on the hardcore leaderboards. The lap time is clean and I've double checked to make sure all assists are off. 75% more pay with all assists off. I also don't get any progress on the "beat a rival with no assists" achievement or the "win a multiplayer race with no assist" achievement. What gives??

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:30:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: MM: title tag

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:07:41 PM(UTC)
The brake line counts as an assist. Have you removed that?

http://www.twitch.tv/tneagle
Twitter @V12TNEagle
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:08:31 PM(UTC)
can't be using any Mods either

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:10:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: reread initial post

#4 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:22:28 PM(UTC)
Do the boost mods not allow it? Like the gain more xp and/or money? I don't use any mods other than those and I definitely have all assists off.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:13:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightStaIker916 Go to Quoted Post
Do the boost mods not allow it? Like the gain more xp and/or money? I don't use any mods other than those and I definitely have all assists off.

No mods means no mods, regardless of what they are.

To get on the hardcore leaderboard you must have no mods equipped, no ABS, no TCS, no STM, no driving line of any kind.

The only "assists" that you may use are your choice of driving mode (normal or simulation), your choice of camera view, your choice of damage, and rewind.
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:26:58 PM(UTC)
Huh well that explains it, kinda silly that those mods would make your times ineligible for that leaderboard. Thanks for the help guys!
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:23:36 PM(UTC)
To register a time I hade to turn the map in the HUD settings to off. All assists off, I did use bumper cam and it worked. Not sure about steering having to be sim or not.
Dirty times do not count either I think☺

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:28:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:33:15 PM(UTC)
Steering does *not* have to be sim.
Same for the no assists achievements.
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:42:40 PM(UTC)
hud settings don't need to be off either
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:46:41 PM(UTC)
Does it matter if you use manual or is automatic ok?
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:59:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post

Can you specify all that is required to qualify?
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:04:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nelor Go to Quoted Post

Sure.
Suggest line: Off
Braking: ABS Off
Traction and Stability Control: Off
Shifting: Manual w/clutch

That's it.
Edit: no mods, clean lap.

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:03:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:05:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
hud settings don't need to be off either

Yes thank you for correcting me. I did a lap on indy with the map in E class and it registered.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:46:56 PM(UTC)

Yes, here.

Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

To get on the hardcore leaderboard you must have no mods equipped, no ABS, no TCS, no STM, no driving line of any kind.

The only "assists" that you may use are your choice of driving mode (normal or simulation), your choice of camera view, your choice of damage, and rewind.

===

Huh well that explains it, kinda silly that those mods would make your times ineligible for that leaderboard. Thanks for the help guys!

Why does that not make sense? Of course if your'e using mods that provide you with extra grip or more power or restrict you in some way make you ineligible for a clean lap. Basically, mods are treated as a if you used rewind or droe off the track... ...dirty lap.

#15 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:35:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lnin0 Go to Quoted Post

must be manual with clutch
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:38:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lnin0 Go to Quoted Post

must be manual with clutch

You're right. I forgot that on my list altogether - I play that way by default and didn't notice.
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:13:56 PM(UTC)

Yes, here.

===

Why does that not make sense? Of course if your'e using mods that provide you with extra grip or more power or restrict you in some way make you ineligible for a clean lap. Basically, mods are treated as a if you used rewind or droe off the track... ...dirty lap.

It's silly because I specifically said "I only use the mods to gain xp and credits." Not the ones that gain you more grip, power, weight reduction, of course those would make your lap time not count. Say you used the dare mod that makes you start from the back of the field, you are not gaining any advantage, so why would that essentially "dirty" your lap time? I think turn 10 should've just made the mods that literally change the game physically not allow your lap times to count. But any mod that gains you money, xp, starting grid position, forced driving style (camera view, manual transmission) should not effect your standing on the leaderboard.

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:33:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:31:08 PM(UTC)

Yes, here.

===

It's silly because I specifically said "I only use the mods to gain xp and credits." Not the ones that gain you more grip, power, weight reduction, of course those would make your lap time not count. Say you used the dare mod that makes you start from the back of the field, you are not gaining any advantage, so why would that essentially "dirty" your lap time? Think about it before you respond dude...

I saw what you said. I explained why [some] mods invalidate your lap time; however, the developers probably made the game so they wouldn't have to worry about which mod you do or don't have and made any mod dirty your lap time. Why? Because if you're using the mod you're gaining more money or more experience and it's still helping you out in a way...

It dirties your lap because that's how the developers made it and made it quite clear in at least 3 different news articles. It's silly because people don't read, people don't search, make multiple threads about the same thing, and then they get upset when others try to help them.
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:42:05 PM(UTC)
You do understand what I'm saying though right? Those mods aren't "physically" changing the game. Yes you do earn more money but every driver level you have a chance to earn a car you can't afford or a boat load of money to buy a car you can't afford. Money isn't an issue in this game (I dislike that) there is no grind for cash. Any mod that alters your vehicle's physical ability should not allow you to qualify for those leaderboards, any other mod should be ok to use. Money, xp, changes in starting grid, forced driver conditions such as camera view and such should be allowed. And on a whole other note, why can't I paint my brake calipers??? Just another thing turn 10 did to make me and probably other people scratch their head. Love the game, love it to death, but forza 4 is still the best forza game to date
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:56:58 PM(UTC)
I agree that ideally it would have been better to only count mods which directly affect the car. I guess a blanket ban for clean lap purposes just helps prevent any anomalies and makes a clear distinction. Most of the time when racing with mods you will get dirty laps from drafting anyway so I don't see this as an issue.

Personally I think setting laps during career pointless and more suited to time trials. I would have preferred either separate career leaderboards or complete absence of setting leader board times in career. As it stands you can go to a Time Trial and easily get a top 5% time for events duplicated in career due to 95% of the times set during career being dirty as hot lapping wasn't the reason they were set.
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:11:18 AM(UTC)
Hello,

So far clear for me, to get listed there you need a clean lap with no assists. But there must be something else, or i set up something wrong in my last attempt

- Has a couple of days ago some no assist runs in Daytona, got listed in hardcore.
- Was running at some other tracks in rival mode with no assists. had clean laps, was listed in leaderboards for clean lap, but not in hardcore.

Possible reasons:
- hardcore requires a lap time faster than XX:XX to be listed
- hardcore requires to NOT use a downloaded (locked) tune
- i set up something wrong in my game options.

anybody does know?

My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:20:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sevetamryn Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

So far clear for me, to get listed there you need a clean lap with no assists. But there must be something else, or i set up something wrong in my last attempt

- Has a couple of days ago some no assist runs in Daytona, got listed in hardcore.
- Was running at some other tracks in rival mode with no assists. had clean laps, was listed in leaderboards for clean lap, but not in hardcore.

Possible reasons:
- hardcore requires a lap time faster than XX:XX to be listed
- hardcore requires to NOT use a downloaded (locked) tune
- i set up something wrong in my game options.

anybody does know?

Have you really disabled all assists? no racing help line (no braking help line only either?) , manual with clutch, no abs, tcs and stm. The only setting that has not to be set specified is the steering (normal or sim is up to you). Another important note is too have emptied all mod slots in career mode.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:35:31 AM(UTC)
Hi @Bluesky0870,

Yes, I normally race:
- Breaking line only
- ABS off
- TCS and STM off
- Steering normal
- Manual with clutch
- rewind enabled (but this should not matter, if used, it does either dirten the lap)

So all I had to do (so I thougt) was to disable breaking line

For a test I even set rewind to disable and steering to simulated (last one does make racing for me much harder)

So my best bet in the moment, for sure i was using a downloaded tune in my second attempt, and for sure my own tune on Daytona.
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:40:08 AM(UTC)
Hmmm, other question .... Letts think the situation

1st. I have a listed, clean lap using some assists on in normal leaderboard
2nd I run on this track all assists of, clean lap but slower than my already listed time (what will usually happen when i race no breaking line, i will break often more early, having slower lap times)

Will i earn a hardcore entry?
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:44:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sevetamryn Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm, other question .... Letts think the situation

1st. I have a listed, clean lap using some assists on in normal leaderboard
2nd I run on this track all assists of, clean lap but slower than my already listed time (what will usually happen when i race no breaking line, i will break often more early, having slower lap times)

Will i earn a hardcore entry?

As far as I know only your fastest time will be posted to the lb, so you have to be faster with your hardcore settings than with braking line on to become registered on the hardcore board.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error