2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:26:44 AM(UTC)
Game is outstanding but I find that the gt350r has a really weird engine sound , like a v6 ?? Hopefully this is just a minor issue , & doesn't sound like that the rest of the game.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:14:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:32:09 AM(UTC)
Game is outstanding but I find that the gt350r has a really weird engine sound , like a v6 ?? Hopefully this is just a minor issue , & doesn't sound like that the rest of the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:33:27 AM(UTC)
Ive spent some time in the real thing, and it has a very unique engine sound. ive not used it on the game yet, but the new flat plane V8 doesnt sound like any other Ford V8.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:52:49 AM(UTC)
Flat plane V8 makes some nice sounds.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:54:12 AM(UTC)
The real cars exhaust note is adjustable too three settings from within the vehicle.
I think they recorded the quietest of the 3, which is a disappointment because the wide open setting is disgusting in a good way with lots of crackling and popping on downshifts.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:01:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobbyRocketz Go to Quoted Post

I think they recorded the quietest of the 3

Where did you get this information? Curious why in the world they would do that....
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:14:12 AM(UTC)
I'm basing it on how it sounds, pull a few YouTube videos concerning the different exhaust settings that can be made by the owner.
There are three settings you can choose from, each getting progressively louder than the last.
the last setting is basically straights pipes, very loud and aggressive.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:22:36 AM(UTC)
Does upgrading the exhaust make it sound different/louder in game or no?
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:49:44 AM(UTC)
Does upgrading the exhaust make it sound different/louder?
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:25:03 AM(UTC)
It definitely should have a very different sound, but I wouldn't say like a V6... at least not any V6 I can think of.

It should be impressive though. Aside from the big blocks from back in the 60s, that 5.2 is the most sinister sounding engine Ford has probably ever made. That thing is all different kinds of sick and wicked. Some flat planes kind of sound similar to a souped up 4 cylinder to me, but not this one. But I think, like someone else mentioned, Ford tinkered with it a bit to keep a slightly more traditional V8 sound.
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:16:04 AM(UTC)
I agree, i can see what kind of sound they're trying to achieve it just needs to be alot aggressive and loud
Kill First, Die Last,
One Shot, One Kill,
No Luck, Pure Skill.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:22:04 AM(UTC)
Flat planed cranks do indeed carry a different sound. Higher revving, throaty-sounding.

If it does have different exhaust settings, it would be similar to the 2006 and NEWER Z06/ZR1/GS cars with the factory performance axle back exhaust,...which is vacuum actuated, has different exhaust notes based on being open or closed. A HUGE difference in sound too. Makes sense on street cars or tracks that have noise restraints. ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:20:04 PM(UTC)
Was the first car I bought this morning because I wanted to hear it. Doesn't seem to sound anything like the real thing in the slightest. I can't imagine with the ford partnership that they couldn't get a hold of one for sound recording? As of now it sounds very wierd and putting a race exhaust on it made no difference.

Also only one color option from the factory? I'm fairly confident there are more colors available for the R package, what's the deal? Please patch these things turn10.

Also the hellcat has zero supercharger whine to speak of, what's the deal?
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:38:57 PM(UTC)
Ya I bought the ultimate edition 4 this car and am very disappointed with sound. Not even close 2 real thing
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:45:08 PM(UTC)
Anyone else notice the GT350R is super quiet? My Scirocco R makes more noise.

Hoping that's a bug, because the real car is absurdly loud.

I can't hear it over the surrounding cars, even when in cockpit.

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:46:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:05:42 PM(UTC)
There was another thread about this as well. It sounds terrible and nothing like the real car :( I tried putting a race exhaust on and got the exact same noise. No I haven't heard one in real life but every video I've watched on it sounds nothing like the forza version.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:10:24 PM(UTC)
Every now and then its loud but then the sound goes back to being super quiet. :(
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:12:49 PM(UTC)
Maybe it's the same problem the Rolls Wraith had back in FM5. It was super quiet then. I haven't tested the Wraith in 6 yet, but hopefully that's fixed from before. These sound bugs are a little irritating.
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
 3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:52:03 PM(UTC)
In todays 12 hour turn 10 stream, the sound designer (sorry i dont remember his name) said its a known issue and will be fixed soon with a patch.
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:05:10 PM(UTC)
really disappointed with how quiet the car I am driving is. They are all way to quiet. All sound settings setup correctly. Just doesn't have that nice center channel of my surround engine note that forza 5 did. Hope this gets fixed. The gt350r sounds like a Ferrari with like 5 quiet mufflers. The stock gt350r in real life is way loud. Even with race exhaust the car is not loud enough in game. Makes it especially hard to hear to shift when all my opponents are much louder. What do you guys think? I've been playing forza since the first one. I think this is by far the quietest. I want to really hear that raspy loud exhaust note for not just the gt350 but all of the cars need to be heard better.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:42:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGodfather308 Go to Quoted Post
In todays 12 hour turn 10 stream, the sound designer (sorry i dont remember his name) said its a known issue and will be fixed soon with a patch.

Good to know. Hopefully they patch the Hellcat's supercharger whine too. It sounds like a race transmission, and acts like it too... goes up with the speed, not the RPM's.
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:07:06 PM(UTC)
Good thing it's getting fixed, it definitely does not sound like a V6 though.. Was quite disappointed to hear that having spent so much money on the deluxe edition and vip, which I mostly bought just for this car. It doesn't sound bad at all, but should be better with the fix
#23 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:31:56 AM(UTC)

A fix to what, the GT350R sounding too quiet? Or not having the CORRECT sound? Can you provide a link to the stream where this was discussed exactly as i'd like to hear it myself?
#24 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 2:36:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post

A fix to what, the GT350R sounding too quiet? Or not having the CORRECT sound? Can you provide a link to the stream where this was discussed exactly as i'd like to hear it myself?

Here is the link to the stream http://www.twitch.tv/forzamotorsport/v/15359698

watch from around 6 hours and 50 minutes.

Edited by user Friday, September 11, 2015 2:37:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 3:04:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kitt40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post

Here is the link to the stream http://www.twitch.tv/forzamotorsport/v/15359698

watch from around 6 hours and 50 minutes.

Woah. Awesome! This is certianly not something after the many games I ever expected to hear at all, certianly not relative to actually adding updated or better quality sounds for cars, this is brilliant news! So glad that actually got to go and record the real car in Detroit that's fantastic...can't wait for that update!

I feel that Forza Community still has a massive comminication gap. There is not enough sticky threads relative to future updates, issues, patches, fixes, concerns etc that have come back directly from the developers to show/explain that they are or have been listening to feedback.

It would make so much more sense if there was a global, constantly updated sticky thread with "current issues, fixes, future plans/updates as of xx/xx/xx" and that way, it can contain feedback and resolutions to constant issues and be relayed back and forth between us, with said issues once fixed, removed and said posts and topics removed or archived too.

Really happ to hear that as this is a big deal and should be broadcast more publicly than just on Twitch, as great as it is, it's not a global communication and information platform like Twitter, Facebook or these forums.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error