#1 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:47:43 PM(UTC)
Hello and welcome one and all!

After a couple of years of taking Screenshots in my original passion, Halo, I thought I'd try my hand in using the much more extensively technical cameras of Forza Horizon 2 and take some Screenshots of my own featuring the beautiful racers of the game.
It's still very early days for me, finding my feet with the Camera, but I hope I've taken some decent snaps in my Gallery and with the ones featured below:

Firey Fury:

Firey Fury

One of the first conceptual pieces I tried, using my custom decaled Lotus Exige in the dawn's light to get that fiery texture behind the car from the hillside. One of my favourite pieces I've made thus far without going for a classic photograph look.

Vauxhall Emblem:

Vauxhall Emblem

This one I originally did for an emblem competition, using a recent rain to add to the texture. I'm really happy with my framing though for the Vauxhall Astra GTC piece, the grill shape was perfect for a close up look.

Sunrise Pickup:

Sunrise Pickup

I always seem to enjoy messing around in dawns and dusks, as with this piece I took with another racing vehicle with a simplistic look I created. Trying to get the motion of the foreground plus the stillness of the truck was very tricky, but I played around with the Focus enough to make this piece.

That truck also looks really nice in the night time in an urban environment I've found too:

Urban F-100

Orange Blurr:

Orange Blurr

One of my most recent pics after screaming past a Drivatar in in single player. The coincidence of orange was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, so I added some extra colour and contrast to make it look more vibrant with the blurring.

Dawn's Light:

Dawn's Light

Last one to haare with you all, where once again I borrow the power of a sunset/sunrise to make a slightly silhouetted look of my Astra GTC whilst racing. I love the orange look of the ocean in the back ground to counter the muted burgundy of the car.

++++++

And that's all from me for now! I'd appreciate any and all critiques/comments on my stuff and I hope they looked relatively decent for you all!

Thanks for checking this out!

17 out.

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2015 3:09:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
Fantastic shots! The Ford pickup at night is my fave, so far.
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 11:15:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sergi01978 Go to Quoted Post
Fantastic shots! The Ford pickup at night is my fave, so far.

Many thanks Sergi! That night shot of the F-100 is the best one I've done thus far I think, gonna be fun trying to top it.

+++++++++

After playing again last night, I finally managed to obtain the Ford Capri Barn Find, so naturally I immediately gave it a paintjob to match the Mark III Capri in the family garage and had a spin with it in free roam:

Classic Capri

Side Capri

I originally went for some slightly Retro-looking Screenshots with the two above, using the lights inside the Tunnel in the night time to help with the colouring. Happy with the first one, was difficult trying to hide the headlights' beams on the road, but a teensy bit still snuck in...

Glistening Night

Very, very happy with this piece in the rains of Nice in the night time. Not much else to say really, I just love it.

Amerimuscle

A fun moment too in the modern muscle race, when a 3 wide moment opened up. The contrast and motion was a fun thing to try and make work well.

B+W BMW

A slightly more monochrome attempt with a random BMW that passed me.

+++++++++

And that's it from me once again. Thank you once again for stopping by and taking a look see.

17 out

Edited by user Monday, February 9, 2015 5:14:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:13:42 PM(UTC)
They are really great well done.
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:04:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you! Coming from an accomplished Screenshot taker like yourself that means a lot! :)

Hopefully I'll get some fresh snaps this week and maybe I'll grab Storm Island to have a play with later for some wild Screenshots.
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:15:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RECEPTOR 17 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you! Coming from an accomplished Screenshot taker like yourself that means a lot! :)

Hopefully I'll get some fresh snaps this week and maybe I'll grab Storm Island to have a play with later for some wild Screenshots.

Haha if you can count my 5 days as accomplished lol. But thank you all the same. I really like your style some of the shots are really eye catching even my wife who usually tells me to turn it off likes seeing everyone's pics.

Edited by user Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:17:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:03:19 AM(UTC)
Haha whoops, well for 5 days you're already showing off accomplished Screenshots. :P

Glad you like them and that your wife approves!
#8 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 9:10:25 AM(UTC)

Great shot!
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:23:16 AM(UTC)
Many thanks Nights Viper! Unfortunately yhe quoted piccy's now a dud as I re-shared it with Photocomp16 in the desfriprion to maybe get a spot in the new Photocomp.

I am gonna post up a decent bunch up tonight when I am back home, including some Venom, Mazda, Supra and LaFerrari shots, showing off some basic livery attempts of mine. They're in my gallery link on the first post if you want to see them before I put them here. :-)

So until then folks!

17 out.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:08:26 PM(UTC)
Right then, time for some fresh new piccies as promised of my recent exploits in FH2! Got a variety to display, using a bunch of cars and trying some abstract stuff along with my standard realism attempts.

So without further ado, here's the next batch:

Starting it off, I managed to get myself a free Mazda 3 and immediately decked it out in a custom livery of mine paying homage to a Transformers character I cooked up with my gf many moons ago. Not tried using tribal vinyls before but I was happy with the appearance and how the car looked racing in the wet in Nice:

Green Rain:

Green Rain

Kickflip Storm:

Kickflip Storm

The second one I am very very happy with. One of my best yet in my humble opinion. I also played around in the summer sunlight for a couple along the Riviera too and one in the tunnel to try and get a speedy action shot:

Angled Mazda:

Angled Mazda

Tunneled

Tunneled

After all that Hot Hatch nonsense, I wenmt a little more high octane and nabbed a Hennessey Venom and a LaFerrari for some speedy shots:

Sunset Venom:

Sunset Venom

Airborne:

Airborne

Foliage Blurr:

Foliage Blurr

The Venom's got another custome livery of mine, I'm only good for simplistic stuff, but I hope it looks relatively striking.

Sheer Speed:

Sheer Speed

With this one, the rims I chose that included the yellow walling looked fantastic when I upped the contrast and colour to add a strange feeling of stillness with the circles, despite the speed of the car itself.

Vibranto:

Vibranto

And finally, some wet shots (hurr hurr), featuring my Supra and a Fiat I was up against:

Abarth Charge:

Abarth Charge

Dawn's Rise:

Dawn's Rise

Drizzled Supra:

Drizzled Supra

Fiery Beam:

Fiery Beam

+++++++++++++

And that is it from me for now! My apologies if I spammed you with too many photos, I couldn't cut down much as I wanted to show them all...Sorry about that.

Hope you like some of them, any feedback as before is greatly welcomed!

17 out.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:39:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:02:17 AM(UTC)
Love this one,
Sheer Speed

Quality!
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:53:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sergi01978 Go to Quoted Post
Love this one,
Sheer Speed

Quality!

+1 That shot is awesome!
#13 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 3:27:56 AM(UTC)
Thank you both! I tjink that is the best stylised one I've done yet! I might re-share it this week and add "Photocomp17" to it to see if the folks at Turn10 also approve.

In other news, I bought Storm Island last night, so I am gonna have a lot of fun when I get home from work playing on that and taking more photos. Expect quite a number featuring that Volcano...
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:52:35 AM(UTC)
Good evening everyone! It's been a little while since I was here but I'm back with some fresh Screenshots, including some Storm Island creations!

So kicking it off, I managed to win a Lotus Esprit in the "Wheelspin" and decided to finally do something I'd planned on for years, which was to recreate the colour scheme of a Hot Wheels Esprit I still own in my collection. I think it came out okay as I'm still a very early beginner in Vinyl works but it did look super sweet with Screenshots:

Esprit Speed:

Esprit Speed

Sun Sheen:

Sun Sheen

Accel R8:

Accel R8

After all that, I managed to obtain Storm Island finally and managed to get a couple of good Screenshots whilst racing around and enjoying the jumps:

Night Run:

Night Run

Flyin Scooby:

Flyin Scooby

Dusty Scooby:

Dusty Scooby

This next one is not a vehicle I own at the moment, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of this Drivatar with the sunrise behind it and the treeline.

Donker Dawn:

Donker Dawn

That's it for the moment from me, but I do have some Miuira Screenshots to share soon, once I've retagged them with this week's Photocomp tag to see if the boys and girls at Turn10 also like them.

Hope they look good! Any comments and critique is as always, most welcome!

17 out.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:37:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:33:01 PM(UTC)
Love those Lotus shots! Great work on the paint too.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:03:06 PM(UTC)

Nice work ^
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:35:25 PM(UTC)
Great shots. Love the paint job on the Lotus.
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 4:02:17 PM(UTC)
-casually blows the dust off of everything and gets the camera-

It has been some time now, hasn't it since I posted in here?

Just before Forza 6 blasts on through this month, I thought I'd revisit Forza Horizon 2 and look over the myriad of Screenshots I took since February and see if I should post them for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of their dedicated Photobucket Album.

But to save you all from trawling through, here are some of my highlights:

To start it all off, there is one car I wanted for some time in Horizon 2 and after getting the DLC needed, I finally owned the Jaguar XJ220. I tried something a little different with one shot, going for a portrait photo and then going for a more action based slanted shot to add some dynamism with a little muted vibrancy (oxymoron, ho!):

XJ220 Portrait

XJ220 Portrait

Slanted 220

Slanted 220

After all that, later on I got another old car I wanted, which coincidentally was one of my first ever Hot Wheels cars when I was 5-6, the BMW 850i. I took it out in the colours of the Hot Wheels car I had (a deep midnight blue with silver 'Spectraflame' silver flaking and golden intricate rims) and ran it into the afternoon and night of Italy:

850 Speed:

850 Speed

Sunset Away

Sunset Away

One car I also managed to earn after a nice batch of credits from the Rewards programme was the Bugatti EB110, which I decided to deck out with a custom livery job of my own, making a TRON looking circuit board design. Looked pretty nice with the field blur in front of it:

Circuitry

Circuitry

Not too bad in the dark either.

Night Circuits

Night Circuits

Now this next one I am at a loss at how I produced it, but it gave a fun abstract look to the free MX-5 we all got a while back.

Abstracted Lines

Abstracted Lines

My Sagaris, with its custom Pulse paintjob of mine has been sitting in my garage for some time, as it was one of my first Wheelspin car prizes. It's had many runs since then, but I decided to give it another drive out to try some new shots amongst the racing and I produced one of my proudest conceptual pieces after happening upon a poppy field mid free-roam:

Stylized Poppies

Stylized Poppies

There's a few other Sagaris ones in the album link at the start, if you want to see what else I put it through in front of the virtual lens.

Finally, with one last set of images before you all have died from boredom (apologies if you have already...), I did take part in one competition here in the "From Behind" category, using my Lexus LFA. Sadly it miserably failed to make any noise, but I had fun using it and trying some new techniques along with a new Portrait piece (remembering where the watermark would be too so it didn't get in the way...).

Downward Colour

Downward Colour

Next is the money shot I took for the aforementioned competition. I was aiming to get the 3 exhaust pipes visible against a dark contrast with the brighter road and night sky. Worked out well in the end I thought:

Contrasted Behind:

Contrasted Behind

And then one further view of the lakeside veranda, shame about the headlights though:

Lakeside Drive:

Lakeside Drive

++++++

Well, that is that from me, possibly until Forza 6, but I might go back in and give it one last hurrah in FH2 before September 18th (yeah, later release in the UK, sucks...). Hope you enjoyed the pictures guys and gals and it wasn't too much of a chore.

Until next time!

17 out.
#19 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 10:22:53 AM(UTC)

Nice shots of the XJ!
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:04:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

Nice shots of the XJ!

Thanks Viper! Hopefully I will make a few more Screenshots before Forza 6 on Monday night going on the theme of 'Final Run', so lots oglf sunset pieces with a myriad of cars. The XJ will get some attention though.

Notification

Icon
Error