7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 11:39:37 PM(UTC)
Thanks for listing my review (2nd), it's been great to have access to the game early. I poured more than 27 hours into the game in just over 48hrs. I could have written much more, but I figured 3,300+ was probably enough. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 3:38:16 AM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 3:58:46 AM(UTC)
Gamespot gave it an 8 -___-

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2015 3:59:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:14:28 AM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:09:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post

A very reasonable score, although I'll admit anything lower would be a bit suspect.

GamesRadar gave it a mere 3/5, because the reviewer "only enjoyed one race" because he "can't keep up with the Drivatars". That one was more amusing than informative. :P
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:12:40 AM(UTC)

That score doesn't seem to match the written review. Its probably the most glowing review I've read with the cons limited to 30FPS clips before and after races, low res liveries in show room, and replays not being 60FPS.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:22:02 AM(UTC)
http://www.gamepro.de/xb...ort_6,51983,3236033.html
Gamepro.de - 93%
Fuel your fantasy
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:41:53 AM(UTC)
I know you all know metacritic, but it's been fun to watch that aggregate review score move around these first couple days.... now sitting at a very nice "89" metascore....

http://www.metacritic.co...x-one/forza-motorsport-6

While I appreciate the dedicated (and enthusiastic) fans' perspective on this forum, I also enjoy getting a perhaps broader perspective from the various publications that may be less hardcore about some of the details and who are more easily able to see the forest for the trees.

Looking forward to the big release for the rest of us
Cheers
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:45:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: techAU Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for listing my review (2nd), it's been great to have access to the game early. I poured more than 27 hours into the game in just over 48hrs. I could have written much more, but I figured 3,300+ was probably enough. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Just want to say that this is a good review.
One of "The 50"
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:49:55 AM(UTC)

That score doesn't seem to match the written review. Its probably the most glowing review I've read with the cons limited to 30FPS clips before and after races, low res liveries in show room, and replays not being 60FPS.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:53:14 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the review, enjoyed reading it. Just curious, do the graphics look better in the final game vs. demo? Jaggies/AA any better?
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:22:09 AM(UTC)
Jalopnik's review (not really a review, but, whatever). It being Jalopnik, there is some adult language there.
One of "The 50"
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:42:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

GamesRadar gave it a mere 3/5, because the reviewer "only enjoyed one race" because he "can't keep up with the Drivatars". That one was more amusing than informative. :P

Although I gotta say, what he said in his review worried me a bit: Whatever Drivatar difficulty he selected didn't change much in terms of their capabilities. He won races with lame Drivatars on the highest difficulty and lost races to very skilled Drivatars when they were actually set to the beginners level. Also the one car that always is ahead of the pack seems to annoy him and actually some other reviewers as well. Maybe the 24 cars on track situation changed something in the Drivatar behavior or they willingly let one car go it's rounds way ahead of the rest of the cars. Either way, sounds a bit weird.

Since I'm not hearing much of this from other reviews, I won't give it too much weight though, but I'll keep an eye on it, once the game arrives.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:53:04 AM(UTC)

Nice review. Very organized and easy to follow.

Only thing Id add is that Porsche is coming out in 2016.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:57:10 AM(UTC)

Hi...

I enjoyed reading your FM6 review, but there are a couple of things that just make me go "ugh."

1. When talking about the graphics, the reviewer writes:

- "The intro sequences look even better. We’ve seen tests on the Forza 6 demo that show a drop to 30 fps for those non-controllable sequences ..."

I think it's very important to note that Turn 10 *chose* to produce the intro sequences at 30 fps. The way you have it written makes it sound like the frame rate was not steady, which would be a flaw. Design choice is not the same thing as "it couldn't hold the frame rate"

2. Porsche. Surely, you know about the Porsche licensing issues? And, surely you know that Turn 10 has *already* announced that Porsche will be released as DLC sometime in 2016? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but that really makes it sound like the reviewer did NO research into the matter.

Please note, I do not work for nor am I associated with Turn 10 in any way, other than being a fan of the series. I've just been reading commentary from various forums, and incorrect information like this gets copy/pasted and re-posted over and over and over, in the most annoying fashion.
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:36:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ekkobelli Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Although I gotta say, what he said in his review worried me a bit: Whatever Drivatar difficulty he selected didn't change much in terms of their capabilities. He won races with lame Drivatars on the highest difficulty and lost races to very skilled Drivatars when they were actually set to the beginners level. Also the one car that always is ahead of the pack seems to annoy him and actually some other reviewers as well. Maybe the 24 cars on track situation changed something in the Drivatar behavior or they willingly let one car go it's rounds way ahead of the rest of the cars. Either way, sounds a bit weird.

This happened in Forza 5 as well, with certain Drivatars being significantly more skilled than others, notably among your friends list. It bugged me a bit to begin with, but as I began to learn the tracks and how far I could push each car, I didn't find myself having a problem. Getting to the front of the pack on tracks like Long Beach will always be tough though purely because the track has fewer overtaking points.

With how much you can customise the difficulty in Forza games though, I find it very difficult to beleive he was having such a consistently hard time.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:48:22 AM(UTC)

I've got a question, if you've gotten around to noticing it:

In FM5, forzavista looked great, but only somewhere between 50-70% of the cars had options to open the hood and look at the engine and such (I just made those numbers up, of course..). Is this the same in 6, or has that number gotten closer to 100%? I'm just asking in the event you happened to notice.. if not, don't worry about it :)
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:50:46 AM(UTC)

Wow, they gave FM5 a 9
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 8:42:12 AM(UTC)
gamespots review is odd. I mean the whole pros are filled and one con is replays aren't up to it? so it's a 8 but 5 was a 9?? Gamespot needs to figure out their scoring system. most of the time the reviews that are glowing don't show it in the score. That being said, a 8 is great and the reviews in general i've read so far are very favorable. TechAU's review was great.

just a few more days!

Thanks for putting up all the reviews
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:30:23 AM(UTC)
Here you have the review of gamona.de (german), which I wrote...
I gave it a 9 out of 10

http://www.gamona.de/gam...st-xbox-one:article.html

Notification

Icon
Error