2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:24:38 PM(UTC)
Video, watch first

So you can see, it only uses the first few degrees of wheel turn. For some reason the full range is unused, as you can see with my poor cameramanship which I apologize for. I have played with the deadzones but can't seem to figure this out. The wheel is locked to 240 degrees of motion which is correct but it is still ultra sensitive. Wheel is a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel, and works great for Project CARS and Horizon 2. Anyone know how to fix this?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:29:36 PM(UTC)
Try increasing DOR. I usually use 540 but went up to 720 for the Audi S3.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:33:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post

The in-game options won't allow me to switch from 240, which is what I meant by "locked" sorry
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:39:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SLIP Hardrock Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post

The in-game options won't allow me to switch from 240, which is what I meant by "locked" sorry

Hm, well I am stumped then. Not sure why you can't change it!
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:14:20 PM(UTC)
Did you try changing it directly on the wheel? (hold the "mode" button and press digipad left/right)
#6 Posted: : Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:34:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Binurah Go to Quoted Post
Did you try changing it directly on the wheel? (hold the "mode" button and press digipad left/right)

This is the 458 Spider wheel, not the TX which has 900 DOR, as far as I know, the Spider wheel doesn't even have a mode button :/
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:40:15 AM(UTC)
Well theres your problem.
User is suspended until 8/29/4753 5:46:11 PM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:15:17 AM(UTC)
Same problem with my 458 wheel. I may buy the physical copy of the game now. Then I can return it if my wheel doesn't work on the full game.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:27:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MikesTow1301 Go to Quoted Post
Same problem with my 458 wheel. I may buy the physical copy of the game now. Then I can return it if my wheel doesn't work on the full game.

The weird thing is, it works perfectly in FH2 but not FM6(so far)
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:33:52 AM(UTC)

Agree. I am at 900 and still way to sensitive.
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:52:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post

Keep in mind that the game and the wheel both have DOR adjustments on the 458. And I think the 458 goes down to 120 DOR. Perhaps the 900 in the game is being overruled by the wheels 120. Maybe try several wheel settings and see if that helps. Just throwing you ideas but not sure if it will fix it. I had a TX but now I have a Fanatec
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:00:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Keep in mind that the game and the wheel both have DOR adjustments on the 458. And I think the 458 goes down to 120 DOR. Perhaps the 900 in the game is being overruled by the wheels 120. Maybe try several wheel settings and see if that helps. Just throwing you ideas but not sure if it will fix it. I had a TX but now I have a Fanatec

Yep. Made sure both in game and wheel are at 900. Seems any less almost undriveable for me. Something very strange about wheel physics in fm5 and continues in fm6. Hopefully a fix is on the way or we'll just have to try and get used to it. argh.
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:18:31 PM(UTC)

Yep. Made sure both in game and wheel are at 900. Seems any less almost undriveable for me. Something very strange about wheel physics in fm5 and continues in fm6. Hopefully a fix is on the way or we'll just have to try and get used to it. argh.

Is the game interpretting your wheel at a 1:1 ratio? As in when you turn your wheel irl, it's the same as in game? Or is it just sensitive? Because as you can see, it's not even 1:1 with me.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:28:42 PM(UTC)
I can tell you with my Fanatec I have it set at 540 in game and on the wheel and it feels AWESOME to me. I would think that if it was a problem with all the Thrustmasters we would have heard that already on Tuesday. Do either of you or both of you have the newest firmware? If so maybe it's something with the newest firmware and not a lot of people have upgraded yet to notice it. Just want to give you both ideas to try.
User is suspended until 8/29/4753 5:46:11 PM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:34:41 PM(UTC)
In my case it won't let me change to dor with the in game option.

Ill try to explain the sensitivity in my case.

Top of my wheel is at 12 o clock. Same with the car in cockpit view
Turn left to about the 10 o clock position and in the game the wheel is at full lock to the left.
Turn right to about 2 o clock and in the game it's at full lock to the right.

So on my actual wheel I can move it from 10-2 and the steering wheel in the game in cockpit view will move completely lock to lock left to right. I can take corners in the game by moving my wheel less than an inch.

I don't know how to change the setting on the wheel itself. Never had to. Works flawless in FH2 and Project Cars.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:45:20 PM(UTC)
I can tell you with my Fanatec I have it set at 540 in game and on the wheel and it feels AWESOME to me. I would think that if it was a problem with all the Thrustmasters we would have heard that already on Tuesday. Do either of you or both of you have the newest firmware? If so maybe it's something with the newest firmware and not a lot of people have upgraded yet to notice it. Just want to give you both ideas to try.

Appreciate the help Dan. I have latest firmware 49. I'll try some more settings later today. People are talking about in game wheel movement, forza never had more than 90 degrees of animation.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:19:53 PM(UTC)
After the first update of Forza 6 demo (75MB), my Thrustmaster TX 458 doesn't work in demo, in the first version I can game with the wheel. My preocupation is the complete version my Thrustmaster TX it's works fine or not?
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:52:22 PM(UTC)
LeandroCMelo, you may want to watch this forum closely to see if others have had that problem. Thrustmaster updates the firmware for the wheels by hooking it up to a computer and downloading it into the wheel. You may have the stock version with no updates. Perhaps there are very few complaints as most people have already updated their wheel. Just a possibility
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:50:23 PM(UTC)
IMHO force feedback - it has never been a strong point Forza Motorsport.
In fm5, fm6 - it's not that - that would be desirable. In fm4 I had a good feedback, but only if you use the GT2 (stock) Firmware rev. 681.
All newer firmware converted feedback nasty jelly, and make driving unacceptable.
Of course feedback in fm5, fm6 much better than the firmware for the 756 Fanatec. Yet feedback Thrustmaster TX - Forza in 5.6 is not very ideal. Too much resistance, illogical behavior of the steering wheel, sometimes refuses to return to the zero position, strong jerks and jolts. Feedback should be soft and intelligent, not as an old farm tractor
#20 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 12:01:47 AM(UTC)
TX owners: have you tried changing the sensitivity of the input as well (paddles + mode button)?

personally, i did not have to make any changes to get mine to feel OK (it's still forza, so i won't say it feels *good*) and track 1:1 with the wheel on the screen (until you hit 90 degrees, of course, which is a ridiculous limitation)
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 11:17:08 AM(UTC)
In my case it won't let me change to dor with the in game option.

Ill try to explain the sensitivity in my case.

Top of my wheel is at 12 o clock. Same with the car in cockpit view
Turn left to about the 10 o clock position and in the game the wheel is at full lock to the left.
Turn right to about 2 o clock and in the game it's at full lock to the right.

So on my actual wheel I can move it from 10-2 and the steering wheel in the game in cockpit view will move completely lock to lock left to right. I can take corners in the game by moving my wheel less than an inch.

I don't know how to change the setting on the wheel itself. Never had to. Works flawless in FH2 and Project Cars.

I have the exact same problem. I cannot find anything to change in the settings to correct this. played around with deadzones but cannot get the wheel to work correctly. full lock is like you say, 10 'o' clock and 2 'o' clock, making the steering so sensitive and unrealistic that tbh its undriveable with the spider wheel. I went back to the pad for this demo, hoping this issue will be sorted by the time of release.

#22 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:53:11 PM(UTC)
Same here as well. Just way too sensitive with the Spider wheel. On FH2 working great. Hopefully it will be sorted out on the full game, I will wait before buying.
#23 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 10:28:08 AM(UTC)
Exact same issue with the spider. Undriveable and no fun :/

Edited by user Monday, September 7, 2015 11:05:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

An Irish racer, drifter and painter.

"If you don't go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:59:45 PM(UTC)
Guys, I just hooked up a Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider wheel with the full game and it works just fine for me and is set to 240 degrees of rotation without any hyper sensitivity issues. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I don't know why it would not work.

Have you changed any settings on the wheel? Is there a way to reset it to factory settings and try again?
I'm happy to look into any issues there but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If you have specific details on how to make it happen please let me know.

Also do post if you're having issues with a different wheel. It seems like everyone having problems here is using the same 458 Spider wheel.

1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:13:29 PM(UTC)
Had some "issues" with my TX, and then realized I had started the Xbox One with my controller, then plugged the wheel in afterward. It seems sometimes the X1 itself doesn't properly generate recognition of the USB connector.

Shut down the console, removed the wired controller, connected the TX on a BACK USB port, connected the electricity, THEN booted the console and signed in with the wheel (and WITHOUT the controller). All my issues (except being fast enough) went away. Running at 540, manual w/auto clutch.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:14:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error