#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 12:53:32 PM(UTC)
After having read ManteoMax's excellent list of FM6's DLC, I have a question regarding how much of the Forza 6 Ultimate Edition will be sharable with my wife and teenager (three of us sharing the same console).

For the VIP packs, I know we have to purchase VIP memberships and install separately (I assume we'll still need to use procedure from http://forums.forzamotor...8033_VIP-Pass-Issue.aspx), and that we'll each get the VIP cars. Will the Pre-Order Retailer Exclusive car be available to all players? The Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack? The Fast & Furious Car Pack? If not, is there any way to obtain these items for my loving family?

I'd appreciate any insights. After all, my annual Father's Day bottle of Old Spice may be riding on this. Thanks!
Haven't mastered hitting the apex, which explains my half fast comments.
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 1:05:00 PM(UTC)
Installed car DLC should be available to buy from the [Autoshow] for any account on the DLC owner's console. What the other accounts would miss out on (presuming that nothing has changed since FM5 and FH2) is the one-time-free buy. So the DLC owner would be able to collect each DLC car for free from the [Autoshow] the first time while the other accounts would have to pay credits. (There's also an outside chance that the system is screwy and the first account to grab the cars gets them for free and then the DLC owner would have to pay credits).

I say that from observation but if you want a definitive answer you might have to get T10 and Xbox Support to give you the final word. User reports have given a picture of the game treating cars as code assets accessible to everyone while benefits affecting a game save (first-free, VIP icons/accelerator/gifts, and tokens) are only available to the DLC owner.

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2015 1:05:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 1:16:46 PM(UTC)
Shame all can't get if in same family but if dlc included that's still good..... I wonder about early access.

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2015 1:17:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:31:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Installed car DLC should be available to buy from the [Autoshow] for any account on the DLC owner's console. What the other accounts would miss out on (presuming that nothing has changed since FM5 and FH2) is the one-time-free buy. So the DLC owner would be able to collect each DLC car for free from the [Autoshow] the first time while the other accounts would have to pay credits. (There's also an outside chance that the system is screwy and the first account to grab the cars gets them for free and then the DLC owner would have to pay credits).

I say that from observation but if you want a definitive answer you might have to get T10 and Xbox Support to give you the final word. User reports have given a picture of the game treating cars as code assets accessible to everyone while benefits affecting a game save (first-free, VIP icons/accelerator/gifts, and tokens) are only available to the DLC owner.

Spoke with Andrea at Xbox Support @ 9:53 EDT this morning for 20 minutes, and (no surprise) ManteoMax called this one correctly:
* Early Access and bonus cars (Mazda MX-5 and 10 year Anniversary car pack) limited to license holder (person who purchases game)
* First FM6 DLC pack (Fast & Furious) and digital SKU bonuses (Forza Horizon 2’s Pre-Order Car Pack, Alpinestars Car Pack, and Duracell Car Pack) free to license holder, in game credit purchase for other users of home system
* Andrea literally couldn't access Turn 10's website (blocked on XBS computers, cell phones not allowed on support floor) but suspects T10 will follow previous half-price VIP membership for prior Forza VIP players. Gamestop lists VIP price at $19.99
* Andrea also couldn't confirm that Forza Score bonus cars are based on your Tier level at the first time you log in FM6 (as opposed to score on 9/10 or 9/15).
I'll send an email to T10 regarding VIP pricing and Forza Tier bonus cars and post any response.
#5 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 9:38:27 AM(UTC)
Anyone know if I purchase the $99 FM6 deluxe version - will the car packs and add-ons run across the multiple accounts linked to the xbox one?
#6 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 10:48:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TURK 544 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if I purchase the $99 FM6 deluxe version - will the car packs and add-ons run across the multiple accounts linked to the xbox one?

4 Posted : 9 days ago
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Spoke with Andrea at Xbox Support @ 9:53 EDT this morning for 20 minutes, and (no surprise) ManteoMax called this one correctly:
* Early Access and bonus cars (Mazda MX-5 and 10 year Anniversary car pack) limited to license holder (person who purchases game)
* First FM6 DLC pack (Fast & Furious) and digital SKU bonuses (Forza Horizon 2’s Pre-Order Car Pack, Alpinestars Car Pack, and Duracell Car Pack) free to license holder, in game credit purchase for other users of home system
* Andrea literally couldn't access Turn 10's website (blocked on XBS computers, cell phones not allowed on support floor) but suspects T10 will follow previous half-price VIP membership for prior Forza VIP players. Gamestop lists VIP price at $19.99
* Andrea also couldn't confirm that Forza Score bonus cars are based on your Tier level at the first time you log in FM6 (as opposed to score on 9/10 or 9/15).
I'll send an email to T10 regarding VIP pricing and Forza Tier bonus cars and post any response.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 10:50:15 AM(UTC)
may be this help you!
#8 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 6:47:18 PM(UTC)
So my brother and I have been using Xbox Home Sharing for the last year or so. My Xbox is his home console. If he was to purchase the Ultimate edition would I receive all of the DLC. VIP pass, etc? Or is there anything that I wouldn't get that he does?
#9 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 6:56:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Daman Dash Go to Quoted Post
So my brother and I have been using Xbox Home Sharing for the last year or so. My Xbox is his home console. If he was to purchase the Ultimate edition would I receive all of the DLC. VIP pass, etc? Or is there anything that I wouldn't get that he does?

From what I have experienced, only the account to make the purchase gets the full benefits of DLC like VIP. The car packs may still work for you on your account, but not 100% sure. I would say probably not.

Edited by user Friday, September 4, 2015 6:57:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 10:40:26 PM(UTC)
Wish there was a definitive answer, entire purchasing decision rests on this. :(

Notification

Icon
Error