2 Pages12Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:40:45 PM(UTC)
I dont not own any other game except for forza. Ever.

I love the game. But how can you enjoy watching a replay when the replay video angles are so unrealistic?

I watch the replay for every free play I do.

The whole point of watching the replay is to be able to imagine yourself racing that car. How can we do that when the camera angles are all over the place?

If we can fix this for FM6, that would be amazing. This is it:

1. ALL VIDEO ANGLES SHOULD BE AT THE VERY LEAST 5 SECONDS LONG
2. ALL VIDEO ANGLES SHOULD BE AT EYE LEVEL
3. ALL VIDEO ANGLES SHOULD BE STATIONARY, HOWEVER TURING TO POINT AT THE CAR.

For example, in Road Atlanta, turn 6, 7, 8, and even up to the kink of turn 9 should be all the same video clip. Seeing the car turn into 6, braking into 7, the left hand kink turn 8 and then the car speeding away up the hill to turn 9 would be alot easier to appreciate the speed of the car more realisticly.

Please take this into consideration.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 5:08:43 PM(UTC)
Why eye level? Real race coverage has cameras higher then eye level.
Not to mention tech has advanced & there are camera on cables, also RC helicopter cameras.
Now keeping the car in frame would be good so that the reply captures all the action with out having to switch from reply cameras.
The 5 second rule would be rather limiting as track side objects might possibly block the view
I 'm not fast
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 6:14:44 PM(UTC)
What they really need for replays is the ability to set the camera setting and set your own camera angles for a set period of time. Integrating a more holistic "video editor" would be nice.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 8:49:03 PM(UTC)
Concentrate on what's happening on the track, not just my car. The reason I save replays is to watch the races, or hot laps I was in; not to drool over the car I am driving. That's what Forza vista is for.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2015 8:49:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:37:21 AM(UTC)
like this? https://youtu.be/D6PWd1ew1dg
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:40:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: uber understeer Go to Quoted Post
like this? https://youtu.be/D6PWd1ew1dg

yes! it would be great to have more cameras that follow the car, not just switch from 30 different stationary cameras. With the stationaries by the time it switches you are already almost past the camera, so it switches like every .4 seconds. I wish there were follow cameras that would pick up your car just before the corner, and continue to track you into the next corner like that video. I could definitely go without the wheel/fender cameras as well, unless i select that camera, because it is cool for drifting replays. They could take a few tips from AC's replays. Those are amazing. And the sounds are much better as well. Like on the Nordschleife, it sounds like it resonates throughout the forest, and I can hear the car before it's right in front of my face. Right now I'd say the replays are just ok, let's kick it up a notch for FM6 so guys like DomesticMango can put out even more amazing videos.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:04:17 AM(UTC)
Maybe some sort of camera editor. Where you can select the camera you want. Say you want to watch every car go through the corner. You would select the camera and have it stay for as long as you need or until the last car passes.
Or have it switch cameras were you want them to be. Like lets say the camera switches 100m before a corner, but you don't want to do that. You would go into some sort of camera editor. Then set the camera to change at a certain point f the corner. The last situation I can think of at the moment is if you want to do a fly by. But the cameras don't let you do that.
Another think is having different track cameras. Like a helicopter can that views the car for the entire lap, using 1-3 helicopters. (not the cheap one like Forza 4)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:07:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:08:49 PM(UTC)
Honestly I think the camera angles in the forza series has got worse since Forza 4. Forza 5 has about half the angles that forza 4 had. Even simple angles like a helicopter view is absent in forza 5. I do want more realistic camera angles than forza 4, but even if they revert back to forza 4's camaeras, I'd be happy because lets face it, any improvement in the camaera angles will make it way better than Forza 5.
#9 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 6:42:33 AM(UTC)
Forza 4's cameras weren't all that great either. All too often I remember getting an upclose fly by of the car I selected, when something interesting or chaotic happened on the other side of the car.

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#10 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 6:48:31 AM(UTC)
You know back in the fm2 days people used initiative. With so many cars allowed on track at once these days it would be quite easy to have a large race and still have some friends trackside to use as camera cars. Slightly more work involved but you would have almost complete control over where the camera is.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:04:34 AM(UTC)
What they also really need for replays are the focal point of the camera not being linked to the movement of the car.... For me that's the most important to make it look less floaty.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:53:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly I think the camera angles in the forza series has got worse since Forza 4. Forza 5 has about half the angles that forza 4 had. Even simple angles like a helicopter view is absent in forza 5. I do want more realistic camera angles than forza 4, but even if they revert back to forza 4's camaeras, I'd be happy because lets face it, any improvement in the camaera angles will make it way better than Forza 5.

I didn't notice the lack of helicopter replay shot in 5. (Guess I didn't watch many replays). That doesn't make any sense with the increase in helicopters flying overhead.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:19:29 AM(UTC)
Replays were a joke when you used the Lotus F1 car. Just a bunch of 2 second shots.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
I'd say the replay angles could definitely use work. That video above absolutely nails it - replays should actually feel like versatile race footage that captures the maximum amount of action.

FM5's replay angles might be more dramatic, but they only stay dramatic the first couple of times you see them. After that, you just wish the replay cameras let you see more of the race going on.

Edit: Actually, in fairness, the replay angles in FM5 aren't all that bad. But the static ones, hood-cam ones, and the ones that needlessly zoom RIGHT IN on the car really don't work in the long run.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:01:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:51:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Razhuul Go to Quoted Post
What they also really need for replays are the focal point of the camera not being linked to the movement of the car.... For me that's the most important to make it look less floaty.

^^^THIS!
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:12:46 AM(UTC)
Static cams FTW

Honestly I think a replay camera set like assetto corsa has would be brilliant, have normal forza style replay cams then optional sets like TV, static etc. Even a random selection of all types of camera types would just help keep the replays feeling fresh instead of the same old boring angles over and over.

I like seeing the car moving over the track, seeing the physics at work, not seeing a super close up of the car and hardly getting any idea of what's actually happening
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:02:47 AM(UTC)
I'd like the ability to have the replay camera angle match the POV actually used during the race. I enjoy sharing replays with friends & it'd be fun if they could see the race as I did (I prefer cockpit and bumper views). Enjoy many of the existing views, as they help me see how I can improve my skills (I agree the views sometimes change too quickly), but it'd be fun to let friends feel like they're "in the car" when watching replays.
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:40:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sp33dyKat Go to Quoted Post
I'd like the ability to have the replay camera angle match the POV actually used during the race. I enjoy sharing replays with friends & it'd be fun if they could see the race as I did (I prefer cockpit and bumper views). Enjoy many of the existing views, as they help me see how I can improve my skills (I agree the views sometimes change too quickly), but it'd be fun to let friends feel like they're "in the car" when watching replays.

You already can, when watching the replay got to the camera tab and scroll to the left and you'll get 'game cameras' which let's you view the replay from any of the normal gameplay driving cameras like cockpit veiw.
#19 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 11:05:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sp33dyKat Go to Quoted Post

You already can, when watching the replay got to the camera tab and scroll to the left and you'll get 'game cameras' which let's you view the replay from any of the normal gameplay driving cameras like cockpit veiw.

Thanks for the tip, Blue028! I didn't realize that the "game camera" choice provided this capability. Have only recently been exploring the replay feature, so this info very helpful. Thanks!
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 1:49:18 PM(UTC)
I agree that much better replay angles are needed. Forza 4 while not perfect, was much more enjoyable to watch a race after it was over. I rarely watch a Forza 5 replay because you can't really enjoy the cars racing each other as if you were watching a real race. I sure hope Forza 6 improves the replays. We'll soon find out !
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:20:41 AM(UTC)
It looks like Forza 6 has the same crappy replay angles from Forza 5.

Can they really not put in proper TV style replay angles?
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:23:39 AM(UTC)
I agree with this.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 7:55:48 AM(UTC)
I have been playing racing games and sims since the mid-80s ... back in the early 1990s there was a racing game that allowed you to place a selected amount of cameras on the track. It was one of the BEST ideas ever, I loved to race and then watch the replays from MY CAMERA ANGLES. FM has a great camera system, we have seen it with being able to take photos on the track and move the cameras into position. So here are my suggestions for the NEXT FOR7A MOTORSPORT SEVEN;

** Allow players of FM to place (game set amount) of cameras around the track
** Allow players to choose how the camera works (fixed, zooming, tracking, viewing duration, etc)
** Add a NEW Drone camera
** Add a GoPRO camera Angle that is USER based that allows camera to be fixed on vehicle (I am not saying make a 3d model of a gopro to add the to car, just the viewing angle)

I have more ideas, but it would make this thread too long.

Edited by user Thursday, September 3, 2015 7:58:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:19:25 AM(UTC)
It would be nice if each lap of a replay had some different views. I've watched real races where one point of the track had three different angles (excluding onboards and helicopter/blimp).
#25 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 12:30:48 AM(UTC)
I liked the way things are organized in the camera replay fm4 Nordshleife on the track, and this was spoiled fm5, and I do not like replays in F5 on this track. it looks silly
I hope in fm6 replays will be more cinematic camera showing the car as close to showing the beauty of the car, and the overall plan.
Hopefully fm6 is a tool for creating movies
and I do not like - that F5 replays become too dynamic - as a video clip on MTV

Edited by user Friday, September 4, 2015 12:34:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error