7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:45:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Daman Dash Go to Quoted Post
I fear this thread will be locked soon. Clearly we cannot post opinions on the auction house or have freedom of speech.

It appears to me you misundestood what was wrong with your previous 2 posts.

Post your opinions on why an auction house is important in this thread. Focus on that and you will be fine.
I blame the ants.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:47:46 PM(UTC)
His initial two posts shouldnt have happened at all if he knew this thread existed.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:53:59 PM(UTC)
Its possible if he understood all that had happened in its various incarnations, that he might realise it was the way the end users had abused it, that led to its exclusion.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:24:52 PM(UTC)
so if there's still no auction house, gifting, custom lobbies what are they going to put to replace them. So far i've heard NOTHING added to online only things taken out. What are they adding? I know there's 450 cars, a lot of tracks and looks to be a massive campaign. But why would they be going opposite of horizon 2 with wanting people connected?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:26:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:19:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
so if there's still no auction house, gifting, custom lobbies what are they going to put to replace them. So far i've heard NOTHING added to online only things taken out. What are they adding? I know there's 450 cars, a lot of tracks and looks to be a massive campaign. But why would they be going opposite of horizon 2 with wanting people connected?

They are improving on the UGC distribution method but at this stage I have not seen any details regarding that.

They are adding online leagues that are strictly based on player temperament and skill. Other than that there are once again few details available at this stage.
I blame the ants.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:13:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Other than that there are once again few details available at this stage.

If the game was a year away from its release, "few details available" would be understandable. Given that we are about 2 months away, "few details available" means that they don't have anything to share that we want to hear.

At least reading Turn 10 gets easier with time.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:55:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:39:54 AM(UTC)
will forza 6 see the return of the auction house?
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:12:22 AM(UTC)
No auction house in FM6 (link from the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum):
http://www.twitch.tv/exp...x/b/669656057?t=1h39m02s

"Someone's asking about auction house and storefront... What we're doing with Forza 6 is giving people more visibility into the things they create. What I mean by that is we have a file system now that will allow you to see things like How many times has my livery been downloaded? and How much money have I made off of it. So we don't have an auction house or storefront or things like that, but every time someone downloads your livery or your setup, you're going to know. You are going to have that visibility into things you're creating. You'll be able to find out what's working, what people like, and maybe what people don't like."

Edited by user Friday, July 10, 2015 12:22:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:32:11 PM(UTC)
I know that Turn 10 via DG have stated that there will be no AH or gifting or storefront in FM6. Some claim that it is because it was abused by people who exploited it and made billions of in-game credits. Well, IF Turn 10 had written the code for the AH properly, there would never have been a glitch to exploit, so "blaming the people who ruined it for the rest of us" is somewhat of a cop-out.
Turn 10 made the game, they wrote the code that allowed the AH to be exploited so they needed to do a better job and not blame everyone else, and do a better job next time, if indeed there ever is a next time!

Clearly the AH was a very popular feature and rightly so as those members who have an artistic talent or are gifted tuners could sell their wares for a reasonable fee. It also allowed competition organisers to pay out to winners, a great community benefit that Turn 10 has removed. New releases from garages and special editions were sold on the Auction House and (if it was coded properly) were bought by lucky people who could get something amazing to show off when racing in multi-player.

Gifting tunes and paints was an essential element allowing racing leagues to hold competitions on Forza. A team could have their painter create the livery, one for each team member with the correct names and or race number on them, and send them to the team members to be easily applied. The same goes for the tune; you would either have a single tuner who created the tune and gifted it to all the team or one or more people would work on the tune together and fine tune it to to each team members liking. These were then easily distributed by gifting which allowed the recipient to apply it to their car and have both the parts installed and tune applied at once, a simple and excellent idea and perfect for league racing teams; Turn 10 has removed this.

The storefront (in Forza 4) allowed people to show off their work be it the creation of vinyls, liveries or tunes and also host photos and replays which could be easily viewed by anyone. Again this is good idea and added to the community element of the game; Turn 10 has removed this.

I can understand wanting to move the game forward but as far as community features and usability are concerned this is not moving the game forward at all. It is a backwards step if anything, and at worst it is a slap in the face to the community. For the people using this franchise for league racing, Forza 4 remains the last workable incarnation of Forza Motorsport and as a lot of league racing is shown on YouTube for millions to see, or, as in the case of TORA, on Motors TV in the UK, yes Forza 4 actually on television, I mean could Turn 10 get any better FREE advertising??

And yet with all these benefits of community features available to them they decide to scrap the lot and use a system that makes the current version, FM5, and now the next version, FM6, a shadow of the former game as far as the community is concerned, why?

The game might look better, and so it should do being on a newer and more powerful console, but at what cost? Do the majority of people really want to open the doors of these cars and look at yet another leather interior or do they want to get in them and race them? It is a supposed to be a racing game after all.
IF Turn 10 gave a [self edit b4 the mods tell me off so I'll use the word stuff instead] stuff about the community that expose this game to a far wider audience than they alone could with all the race footage uploaded to social media, then they would be doing everything they could to enhance and develop the community side of the game, but they are not, they have done the polar opposite and removed all the community features; these actions alone should tell the long standing fans of this franchise what Turn 10 really thinks of them, and that is a shame, as it is the long standing fans of Forza that keep the game alive when the casual crashers and bangers have moved on to the next thing they can find to annoy people.
DG and Turn 10 should be ashamed of what they have done to this franchise, since the release of Forza 5 it is going steadily backwards, albeit with a better shine & polish, but still, backwards.

~sky~

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:33:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:57:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post
No Auction House, No gifting, and no Custom lobbies, and now there aren't even clubs? I don't see Forza 6 having a long life span unfortunately.

well i guess that sums up me saving my $60 then, i am kinda upset that they are not going to have those,
#61 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:05:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MVG skyshadow5 Go to Quoted Post
I know that Turn 10 via DG have stated that there will be no AH or gifting or storefront in FM6. Some claim that it is because it was abused by people who exploited it and made billions of in-game credits. Well, IF Turn 10 had written the code for the AH properly, there would never have been a glitch to exploit, so "blaming the people who ruined it for the rest of us" is somewhat of a cop-out.
Turn 10 made the game, they wrote the code that allowed the AH to be exploited so they needed to do a better job and not blame everyone else, and do a better job next time, if indeed there ever is a next time!

Clearly the AH was a very popular feature and rightly so as those members who have an artistic talent or are gifted tuners could sell their wares for a reasonable fee. It also allowed competition organisers to pay out to winners, a great community benefit that Turn 10 has removed. New releases from garages and special editions were sold on the Auction House and (if it was coded properly) were bought by lucky people who could get something amazing to show off when racing in multi-player.

Gifting tunes and paints was an essential element allowing racing leagues to hold competitions on Forza. A team could have their painter create the livery, one for each team member with the correct names and or race number on them, and send them to the team members to be easily applied. The same goes for the tune; you would either have a single tuner who created the tune and gifted it to all the team or one or more people would work on the tune together and fine tune it to to each team members liking. These were then easily distributed by gifting which allowed the recipient to apply it to their car and have both the parts installed and tune applied at once, a simple and excellent idea and perfect for league racing teams; Turn 10 has removed this.

The storefront (in Forza 4) allowed people to show off their work be it the creation of vinyls, liveries or tunes and also host photos and replays which could be easily viewed by anyone. Again this is good idea and added to the community element of the game; Turn 10 has removed this.

I can understand wanting to move the game forward but as far as community features and usability are concerned this is not moving the game forward at all. It is a backwards step if anything, and at worst it is a slap in the face to the community. For the people using this franchise for league racing, Forza 4 remains the last workable incarnation of Forza Motorsport and as a lot of league racing is shown on YouTube for millions to see, or, as in the case of TORA, on Motors TV in the UK, yes Forza 4 actually on television, I mean could Turn 10 get any better FREE advertising??

And yet with all these benefits of community features available to them they decide to scrap the lot and use a system that makes the current version, FM5, and now the next version, FM6, a shadow of the former game as far as the community is concerned, why?

The game might look better, and so it should do being on a newer and more powerful console, but at what cost? Do the majority of people really want to open the doors of these cars and look at yet another leather interior or do they want to get in them and race them? It is a supposed to be a racing game after all.
IF Turn 10 gave a [self edit b4 the mods tell me off so I'll use the word stuff instead] stuff about the community that expose this game to a far wider audience than they alone could with all the race footage uploaded to social media, then they would be doing everything they could to enhance and develop the community side of the game, but they are not, they have done the polar opposite and removed all the community features; these actions alone should tell the long standing fans of this franchise what Turn 10 really thinks of them, and that is a shame, as it is the long standing fans of Forza that keep the game alive when the casual crashers and bangers have moved on to the next thing they can find to annoy people.
DG and Turn 10 should be ashamed of what they have done to this franchise, since the release of Forza 5 it is going steadily backwards, albeit with a better shine & polish, but still, backwards.

~sky~

I totally disagree with you about your point on the auction house. Turn 10 ACCIDENTLY made a mistake with the coding of the AH. They did not want the AH to be exploited. Mistakes happen. The hackers PURPOSELY exploited the AH. They still had a choice, they did not have to exploit it but they choose to. Let me put it a little differently. If I decided to rob a bank would it be the builders faults that I robbed a bank for building the bank in the first place? No because they built the bank to try and HELP people but I CHOSE to rob it? The builders had good intentions but I didn't. But apart from the AH point I agree with pretty much everything else you said.
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:04:08 PM(UTC)
guys. i do agree that night driving, and rain would make a game fun in the motorsport side. (i havent kept up with the news in awhile so i cant post much) this is what i learned so far, ability to sell cars at an auction house vs removing them (upsetting when you decide to sell a car for nothing) been there in real life, (well got way less then i wanted (thats what a trade in gets ya) just saying 99% can relate to selling cars on here, while i am not saying even if we can sell cars (via clicking on car and hit sell, we should get decent amount but at least half of what we put in. would be nice)
forza 3 got me into this horzion kept me in it xbox 1 made horzion 2 fun..

my take on this......
on the auction house, i never cheated i bought nicer cars that i couldnt afford new, and i loved it. and if i didnt like said tune i would revert to stock and buy the stuff i wanted and tuned it.
the storefront was also a good thing as i got to have cool designs (i never could make decent stuff and the stuff i liked i didnt know how to get in game..)
gifting. i would help my friend out get him started with some cheapish cars
clubs, i enjoy that racing with my friends in a lobby
custom lobbies, while i am using forza horizion 1 (didnt do online on fm4 that much) me and my buddy, he would setup a lobby and we would either have it open and allow people to join or invite and that made it fun..

i hope that forza will make good games still, and the motor sports is just a set back, i am thinking they are either trying to quit the motorsport side and focus on horzion or they dont care what the fans say (makes a great business listening to people(my family can relate.. and that made my uncle close his doors..) or they got big plans for the next release after 6. if they make another one
while i dont plan on getting this game, my cuz has it pre-ordered and i will get to play it... and see if its worth getting minus the missing things that forza 4 had..

stuff that happened to me in real life, i am just saying that turn 10 may be heading down the wrong path.... kinda like horzion 2 on 360 (game was a joke)

while i would love to have the stuff fm4 had, if the game was worth it, i would enjoy playing it without the missing features..

i hope my post is easy to understand..

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:08:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:52:35 PM(UTC)
You can code something based on current best practice and some hacker, modder, coder somewhere will spend their valuable time finding a way to cheat or find a hole in it somewhere.

Sadly those with bad intentions seem to always find a way.
I blame the ants.
 3 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:29:48 PM(UTC)
Can we get a logical reason from T10 why these features won't be included in Forza 6? Feels to me like this game is becoming more and more watered down. The lack of these features completely destroys the sense of community that made Forza 4 as great as it was.
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:59:37 PM(UTC)
Hacking, modding, profile and gamer tag theft, lizard squad etc etc.

Both MS and Sony had to do something. Unfortunately it seems to have come at the cost of a number of server based features. This isn't unique to FM. As far as I'm aware all current gen games are broadly the same in this respect. Of course, some games have taken a bigger hit than others and have lost features that were very popular. You can still find games that allow custom lobbys and allow the searching of lobbys, and perhaps even trading between players but these appear to be hosted by the game developer and not on XBL.

There is another issue that MS had to deal with. If you download something they are to a degree responsible for it. Putting cars on the AH with images and/or text that would be regarded as offensive certainly wouldn't have helped.

#66 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:13:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Hacking, modding, profile and gamer tag theft, lizard squad etc etc.

Both MS and Sony had to do something. Unfortunately it seems to have come at the cost of a number of server based features. This isn't unique to FM. As far as I'm aware all current gen games are broadly the same in this respect. Of course, some games have taken a bigger hit than others and have lost features that were very popular. You can still find games that allow custom lobbys and allow the searching of lobbys, and perhaps even trading between players but these appear to be hosted by the game developer and not on XBL.

There is another issue that MS had to deal with. If you download something they are to a degree responsible for it. Putting cars on the AH with images and/or text that would be regarded as offensive certainly wouldn't have helped.

We can put paints up now.

We can put tunes up now.

The end user still gets access to those paints and tunes. They can still break the rules.

I still believe your logic is flawed here.

Auction House was a specific decision from what I have seen.

With lobbies, from an article I am trying desperately to find, I believe it is simply to do with how matchmaking was designed to work rather than any lock downs.

Given what we are still able to do I do not think your argument holds up.

I blame the ants.
#67 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:36:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

There is another issue that MS had to deal with. If you download something they are to a degree responsible for it.

Nope, thats what Terms of Service are for that you agree to when registering. You are responsible, not Microsoft. I suggest you go refresh yourself.

here, let me help.

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/Legal/LiveTOU

ToS wrote:

You are responsible for any material that a user of your Services account accesses or is denied access to (including as a result of your use or non-use of Parental Controls). You acknowledge that use of our settings is not a substitute for your personal supervision of minors that use your Services account.

If you use an associated account, you acknowledge that the holder of the Services account has full control over your associated account. This control includes the right to: (i) end the Services; (ii) close or alter your associated account at any time; (iii) access and modify Parental Controls for your associated account; and (iv) receive notices from us. In some cases, this control also includes the control of purchasing options from your associated account and the ability to request and receive device and Services usage information related to your associated account.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct

CoC wrote:

C. Communications & User Created Content

Do not create a Gamertag, profile content, Avatar content, in-game content, videos, or any other content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of:
Profane words or phrases
Topics or content of a sexual nature
Hate speech
Illegal drugs or controlled substances
Illegal activities
Controversial religious topics
Notorious people or organizations
Sensitive current or historical events
Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics
Do not create or share any content that is offensive or discriminatory; that advocates discrimination, hatred, or violence; or that promotes organizations devoted to those purposes based on considerations of:
Race
Ethnicity
National origin
Language
Disability
Veteran status
Religion
Sexual orientation or expression
Do not create or share content that requests or includes instructions to injure or otherwise harm a person, group of people, or animals.
Do not create or share content that glorifies crimes against humanity such as genocide or torture.
Do not create or share content that depicts violence or gore of an illegal or excessive nature.
Do not create or share any content that is illegal under applicable local law, obscene, or indecent.
Do not distribute, post, publish, disseminate or discuss defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexual, or unlawful materials in any format (images, audio, video, text, etc.). Prohibited materials include, without limitation, child pornography or illegal drugs.
Do not post links to materials that could harm other users’ devices or would allow others to inappropriately access software or websites.
Do not post links to content or websites that facilitate or encourage the violation of the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use.

CoC wrote:

J. Illegal Activities

Do not use the services to do anything illegal. You, not Microsoft, are responsible for your actions on the services and the consequences of your actions.
Any content that facilitates or promotes illegal gambling, illegal content, pornography, piracy, illegal online pharmacies, illegal drugs, or criminal activities is prohibited.
Do not create or share any content that instructs users how to make bombs, weapons or drugs, or solicits involvement in behavior that is violent or illegal under applicable laws.
Unauthorized use of another entity’s intellectual property is not allowed, including but not limited to: software, music, art, and other copyrighted, trademarked, or patented materials or trade secrets.
Any content that facilitates or promotes underage drinking, consumption of illegal drugs, or socially irresponsible behavior due to alcohol or drug consumption (e.g., drinking and driving) is prohibited.
Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains terrorist threats or activities.
Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains references to viruses or malware.
Do not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes identity theft.

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 5 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 6:06:32 AM(UTC)
I don't see the series surviving this one to be honest, at this rate it wont be long until Forza is no longer a successful business model. Its a shame, and I think its entirely T10s choice. If the removal of these features was due to circumstances beyond their control then surely they would make that known and save a little face, right?
#69 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 3:59:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiggLou55 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Black 97 Kouki Go to Quoted Post
Well that's just more bad news for me. Any word on gifting being available to us this time around.

I'm pretty sure gifting is out too (as are clubs and shared garages). I think it's a pretty safe bet that the FM3/FM4 style storefront/auction house are not coming back in FM6 (or in future Forza titles). We will be able to import our saved FM5 and FH2 tunes, liveries and vinyls. That is an awesome feature for me. I can't tell you how many hours I have invested in tunes and designs, but it's probably more time in game than actually driving!

Per Ekberg, they have redesigned Tune and Design management to make it easier for us to manage our saved/shared tunes/liveries/vinyls as well as better pay out system to make it more worth our while (via credits) to create AND share.

Have they increased the number of tunes and liveries we can save? That was a big annoyance to me, having to sort through each car and deciding what to tune to keep and which to delete just to save one tune.

Any word on Porsche returning? (sorry limited time and really didn't see any mention one way or another.)
Thanks!
Have you tried one of my tunes lately?
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 6:17:10 PM(UTC)
To me, the loss of so many community features reeks of T10 trying to make this less of a 'game' and more of a 'simulator'. But at a certain point, I really don't care anymore if I'm not having fun.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:46:57 PM(UTC)
I can't help but post my disappointment that we no longer will be able to gift cars/tunes or have a auction house to purchase designs. This was a fundamental characteristic of Forza Motorsport, that now is erased because ???

Flame suit on..
#72 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:04:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Auwingr Go to Quoted Post

Any word on Porsche returning? (sorry limited time and really didn't see any mention one way or another.)
Thanks!

Porsche are returning but not until 2016. There is a separate thread that starts with the official press release.
I blame the ants.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:06:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chas3n F1 Go to Quoted Post
I can't help but post my disappointment that we no longer will be able to gift cars/tunes or have a auction house to purchase designs. This was a fundamental characteristic of Forza Motorsport, that now is erased because ???

Flame suit on..

I have seen a few posts that were worded a certain way and I took them at face value, after all that is all I can do.

So in reply to your purchase design comments you can still get designs from what has been nicknamed "sharefront". We do know that they have said they have made some improvements here but we do not yet know what they are.

My point here is you do not need an auction house to get a paintjob. Yes I know the auction house provides the possibility of more credits etc etc
I blame the ants.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:19:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Flame suit on..

I have seen a few posts that were worded a certain way and I took them at face value, after all that is all I can do.

So in reply to your purchase design comments you can still get designs from what has been nicknamed "sharefront". We do know that they have said they have made some improvements here but we do not yet know what they are.

My point here is you do not need an auction house to get a paintjob. Yes I know the auction house provides the possibility of more credits etc etc

Let's ignore the credits/auction house, the real disappointment is not being able to send buddies tunes/cars. I still don't understand the reason behind removing that feature.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:26:34 PM(UTC)

Let's ignore the credits/auction house, the real disappointment is not being able to send buddies tunes/cars. I still don't understand the reason behind removing that feature.

The ability of people to find ways to abuse such a feature.

I know people will say they should find a way to stop them so as to not punish those who use the features for good purposes but that is the reason.
I blame the ants.
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error