5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:15:01 PM(UTC)
Dang, I probably won't buy a digital download game (never have except for a few deals with gold). Something exciting about picking up a hard case from gamestop and racing home. Will be a tough decision if digital ends up being the only way to get the ultimate edition.
Formerly Veyron94UKFan
FM1, FM2, FM3, FM4 LCE, FM5, FM6 UE FM7 skipped :(
FH1 LCE, FH2, FH3, FH4
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:20:18 PM(UTC)
I then might have to get both.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:23:24 PM(UTC)
Seems like all the problems with FH2 was with digital copies not discs,i will stick with disc.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:24:27 PM(UTC)
What I'm saddened by is the fact that T10 no longer has attractive physical LCEs. My first collector's edition of any game was Forza 3, which came with a keychain and a USB thumbdrive. Forza 4 offered a book with photos and stickers. Forza 5? Zilch. Forza 6? Zilch despite being the so-called "10th Anniversary edition" (the real 10th anniversary edition would've been Forza 5 as it was released 10 years after Forza 1 in 2003)... The only Limited Edition related to Forza Motorsport 6 costs $399. I would've at least liked to have gotten a 10th Anniversary controller for an extra $20 or $40 (Nintendo added a free WiiMote to certain games on the original Wii, for example, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword cost $50 and came with a limited edition gold Wii Remote with the Skyward Sword Logo).

And what's up with the Car packs being only 7 cars now? Used to be 10 cars per pack. Turn 10 is starting to turn me off, despite being a big fan of the series since getting FM3; Got FM2 and FM1 after, but my copy of FM1 was pre-owned and crashed all the time on my Xbox 360 due to numerous scratches.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:31:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post
What I'm saddened by is the fact that T10 no longer has attractive physical LCEs.

Turn 10's Ian Webster has remarked in these forums that he cannot confirm nor deny the existence of additional hard copy editions at this point, beyond what has already been announced. So, we'll just have to keep an eye open for more news between now and September.

And what's up with the Car packs being only 7 cars now? Used to be 10 cars per pack.

I've searched for the source and am not having any luck, but staff had commented on the reasons, back in the original Horizon days, for the packs dropping down to 6 cars from 10 and that being that because the team was now detailing the vehicles for day and night environments (lighting and such) and, as a result, it was taking more time to work on each vehicle. This would be in line with how things are working out for Forza Motorsport 6; the previous title only had day conditions so packs were made up of 10 cars. Now, with nighttime and wet weather conditions, it may be forcing the team to provided fewer cars to make up the time afforded to extra modeling and detailing. If I come across the source, I'll be sure the provide it.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:34:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:11:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
What I'm saddened by is the fact that T10 no longer has attractive physical LCEs.

Turn 10's Ian Webster has remarked in these forums that he cannot confirm nor deny the existence of additional hard copy editions at this point, beyond what has already been announced. So, we'll just have to keep an eye open for more news between now and September.

And what's up with the Car packs being only 7 cars now? Used to be 10 cars per pack.

I've searched for the source and am not having any luck, but staff had commented on the reasons, back in the original Horizon days, for the packs dropping down to 6 cars from 10 and that being that because the team was now detailing the vehicles for day and night environments (lighting and such) and, as a result, it was taking more time to work on each vehicle. This would be in line with how things are working out for Forza Motorsport 6; the previous title only had day conditions so packs were made up of 10 cars. Now, with nighttime and wet weather conditions, it may be forcing the team to provided fewer cars to make up the time afforded to extra modeling and detailing. If I come across the source, I'll be sure the provide it.

Seems to me that this is the norm on XBox One, digital editions getting more priority over physical copies; I don't even remember any LCE being released for FM5, so I'm not expecting news of an LCE for FM6.

As for the car packs, that seems reasonable, i guess. Of course, I would love for the packs to be priced accordingly, but the added time modeling the cars for lighting and wet/dry conditions means more money for that time, which I'm OK with.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:18:40 PM(UTC)
I've seen people saying that the ultimate edition is available on the microsoft store? However, I can't seem to find it.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:36:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirEzhno Go to Quoted Post
I've seen people saying that the ultimate edition is available on the microsoft store? However, I can't seem to find it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-6/buy-now
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:13:15 PM(UTC)
That isn't the microsoft store, that's the xbox marketplace.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:02:06 AM(UTC)

Thank, I have more hopes for a LCE... and for the 7 cars for pack it's normal, night and day and rain request more time to modelling a car, head up display and cockpit with working led signal are a very big amount of work. I think it's a good compromise...
Forza 5 had a limited edition, the worst in the series but it's limited...i very hope for a LCE "10th years edition" with stuffs and a model car!
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:06:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't look like the ultimate edition is going to be much of a discount over buying it all individually anyway tbh.

You'd probably save about $25 dollars. Base game will be $60, Car Pass (estimating) about $40, VIP about $20, and maybe the Fast and Furious Pack about $5, which would add up to about $125 vs $100 for Ultimate Edition. Maybe the VIP pass will be discounted 50% for all Forza 5 and/or Forza Horizon VIP holders, so that would bring the savings down to only $15. No matter how you look at it, not exactly significant savings by buying the Ultimate edition.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:30:07 PM(UTC)
I haven't seen anything yet I've kept looking everywhere but still nothing doesn't look good : (
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:58:21 AM(UTC)
I really hope for a physical LCE. I bought a digital copy of FH2, but would much rather have a physical LCE case for FM6 to stack on the shelf with my other FM LCE cases. Come on...there just has to be a physical case for the 10th anniversary guys! Just doesnt seem right to leave us Forza lovers hanging. If they announce it, I'll buy it the second I see it available.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:06:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Manual Clutch Go to Quoted Post
I don't suggest buying physical ever.

The developers earn more through digital downloads since it's direct payment and you don't have to share profits with stores, manufacturing, shipping and some other things. So digital buys only Microsoft and Turn 10 gets paid more when someone buys a digital download for Forza.

I might by wrong with somethings on who gets paid, but that's the big picture.

You are correct. All digital store fronts take the same cut which is 30%, the dev gets the remaining amount. If we use the average $60 game then with each digital sale, the dev receives $49.

With physical they get $9.

That is why they can sell less on PC, but make more. That is why they need to sell roughly 6 million copies to make it worthwhile on consoles.

Source

EDIT: to give you an idea.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-09-ark-survival-evolved-has-already-generated-usd10-million

http://games.on.net/2015/06/csgo-castle-crashers-ark-survival-evolved-steam-sale-winners/

Open that image in a new tab to see it full size.

Guess who wants some of that pie.....

Edited by user Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:13:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:51:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Loonybin Focus Go to Quoted Post
Dang, I probably won't buy a digital download game (never have except for a few deals with gold). Something exciting about picking up a hard case from gamestop and racing home. Will be a tough decision if digital ends up being the only way to get the ultimate edition.

Its not going to happen any time soon, large parts of the u.k and u.s still only have access to basic low speed/limited broadband, if they stopped physical copies they would lose more money than gain as they would be losing far to many customers.

A 50 gig game is 2 and a half months broadband limit for alot of gamers, so they wont be able to buy digital.

As for the linited editions, like previously said nothings been confirmed yet, in sure there will be physical copies

Im one of the lucky ones with fibre, but that's not the only reason i buy digital, its purely down to gamesharing.

As it is my son gets to play all my downloads upstairs on his console too, so even though theyre more expensive its cheaper than buying 2 copies, especially as we can play online together.

What is the deal with the price too, they make more profit from digital, yet the games are £15 plus more, lol. If they want to push it harder digital should be cheaper

Edited by user Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:57:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 3:58:59 PM(UTC)
Just preordered mine digitally...I didn't buy those three Horizon 2 DLCs that you get for free so that was an extra ~14 worth of value for me that i wanted to get sooner rather than later, so i'm happy with my purchase!
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:06:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aerialight Go to Quoted Post
Just preordered mine digitally...I didn't buy those three Horizon 2 DLCs that you get for free so that was an extra ~14 worth of value for me that i wanted to get sooner rather than later, so i'm happy with my purchase!

Pre-ordered mine from GameStop. I prefer an actual disc rather than a digital copy, and I probably always will, although it sucks having to wait 5 more days longer to get the game. It's going to feel like an eternity!
#43 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:11:19 AM(UTC)
#44 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:30:41 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure what's more surprising: the fact that T10 is being so cagey about whether or not a physical copy is coming, or how fervently people around here want a physicial copy!

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:37:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:34:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure what's stranger: the fact that T10 is being so cagey about whether or not a physical copy is coming, or how fervently people around here want a physicial copy!

Neither are strange. If there is no hard copy LCE to be had, Turn 10 is responding as such. If there is, Turn 10 is simply building up to its announcement. As for the people, all the reasons for wanting a physical limited edition have been laid out in this thread. If you want to know why it is in demand, just take a moment to scan through. It's both enlightening with regards to some gamers' passion for the franchise and, in many cases, a matter of logistics.
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:38:01 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure what's stranger: the fact that T10 is being so cagey about whether or not a physical copy is coming, or how fervently people around here want a physicial copy!

Neither are strange. If there is no hard copy LCE to be had, Turn 10 is responding as such. If there is, Turn 10 is simply building up to its announcement. As for the people, all the reasons for wanting a physical limited edition have been laid out in this thread. If you want to know why it is in demand, just take a moment to scan through. It's both enlightening with regards to some gamers' passion for the franchise and, in many cases, a matter of logistics.

I have read this entire thread, but in case I stepped on someone's toes, I edited my original post.

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:39:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 11:00:13 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure what's more surprising: the fact that T10 is being so cagey about whether or not a physical copy is coming, or how fervently people around here want a physicial copy!

Glad someone said it first... They are "cagey". We've heard 'they have nothing to announce' about a physical LCE or 'they cannot confirm nor deny'......so clever... Guys.... we're smarter than this, right? Turn 10 knows, without a doubt, whether or not they will be offering a physical LCE version of the game. Of course they will. Stop it. This is Turn 10's way. This is what they do. No announcement or news is available because if no physical edition is available, by all accounts, then people will resort to the one available source for it... Their store for digital downloads.Those of you who can see through this and decide to wait, you will get your physical editions. They'll be made available closer to launch for pre-order. But this far out, they want your anticipation and anxiousness to drive you to download digitally since there is no news of anything otherwise.

What I've written is just my opinion. You are entitled to believe differently.

#48 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 11:49:20 AM(UTC)
I find it odd that so many people still prefer a physical copy. I far prefer having only digital copies of games. I never have to change discs to play a game ever. I just select the game I want to play. You still have to install the entire game with a physical copy, so I see no upside to having the physical disc other than if you want to sell it you can maybe get a few bucks for it from game stop.
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 12:43:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: L0CK3D Go to Quoted Post
I find it odd that so many people still prefer a physical copy. I far prefer having only digital copies of games. I never have to change discs to play a game ever. I just select the game I want to play. You still have to install the entire game with a physical copy, so I see no upside to having the physical disc other than if you want to sell it you can maybe get a few bucks for it from game stop.

If they would price the digital versions more reasonably, it would make them more attractive. You can pre-order the physical copy from the Microsoft store and get $10 or $15 back in credits/coupons, or buy the digital copy from the XBox store for full price. If you don't want it right away, you will soon starting finding the physical copy on sale all the time vs still full price for the digital copy.

Take Forza Horizon 2 as an example. Available on XBox digitally for still 59.99. Available pretty much anywhere physically for $40-45.

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:14:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 4:15:28 PM(UTC)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-still-wants-to-sell-secondhand-digital-ga/1100-6428609/

Its ramping up again.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error