5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:09:25 AM(UTC)
Assuming that other game never realizes half its potential, I just hope they bring back grid ordering options in the private lobbies so we can run league races from a stand in start again instead of a cluster pace lap for everyone to get in position...especially annoying at longer tracks

Fm4 most likely proved that with the hoppers not going anywhere most people would rather jump in with some randoms rather than wait for a cpl to fill up. It's really not surprising they are gone.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:35:07 AM(UTC)
Soooo no cruises, street racing, tandom lobbies, car show lobbies, derby lobbies, ect ect again this time unless it's private huh.

Well I'm glad I seen this page because it's allowed the hype train(for me)to slow WAAAAAAY down. All I need now is to find out if there will or won't be auction house or storefront for me to stay or leave the train completely.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:39:31 AM(UTC)
Auction house and storefront have been left out per Mechberg yesterday, and Dan Greenawalt's Motorworldhype video interview this weekend.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:52:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Auction house and storefront have been left out per Mechberg yesterday, and Dan Greenawalt's Motorworldhype video interview this weekend.

Well looks like this is my stop. Oh well I just won't be a beta tester this time around either.

Thanks for the info

#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:36:55 PM(UTC)
Could someone provide a link to whatever's been announced describing these leagues? I can't find any info about them. The thing I'm afraid of is it will be like how FH2's online was in that there were never races with the car/location(track now) types that I wanted to race.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:44:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:12:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBadJesus Go to Quoted Post
Could someone provide a link to whatever's been announced describing these leagues? I can't find any info about them. The thing I'm afraid of is it will be like how FH2's online was in that there were never races with the car/location(track now) types that I wanted to race.

Not much info but http://www.gamesradar.co...rza-motorsport-6-review/

"Multiplayer will include a new feature called 'Leagues'

These are ranked, competitive races in strictly-enforced divisions based on your temperament and skill. So you'll be placed into competitions with players of a similar type of mindset. There will be more information like this in the coming weeks, but it sounds very exciting. Finding yourself in the same lobby as a bunch of idiots when you're just trying to race properly is never fun."
I blame the ants.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:14:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Black 97 Kouki Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Well looks like this is my stop. Oh well I just won't be a beta tester this time around either.

Thanks for the info

At least there are plenty of other beta games being sold for the Xbox One ;)
I blame the ants.
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:13:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Not much info but http://www.gamesradar.co...rza-motorsport-6-review/

"Multiplayer will include a new feature called 'Leagues'

These are ranked, competitive races in strictly-enforced divisions based on your temperament and skill. So you'll be placed into competitions with players of a similar type of mindset. There will be more information like this in the coming weeks, but it sounds very exciting. Finding yourself in the same lobby as a bunch of idiots when you're just trying to race properly is never fun."

I don't know. It sounds too much like FH2's online road trips, where you might have very little say in what cars/tracks are going to be raced. If that's the case those of us who often like to race E,D,C class cars may have an equally hard time ever getting to do so online.
I really miss being able to set up options like no upgrades, or having everyone drive the exact same car.
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:24:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Seemed to me they really want us to try the league feature to see if it works as planned. CPL probably didn't make the cut because they didn't want everyone further segregated.

I don't think segregated is the right word - and if it is, then it was a very good thing in FM4, and not a bad one. It allowed each kind of person to be with similar kinds of people.

Racers raced with other racers, cruisers cruised with other cruisers, the drag racers circumvented the awful drag racing hoppers, and drifters drifted with other drifters. You chose the lobby you wanted to be in, and generally trolls didn't join to ruin one's fun (and the ones that did, got insta-kicked, which was a feature I loved) and they stayed confined mostly to the hopper lobbies once they learned that they weren't welcome there.

The CPLs allowed for way more customization, and freedom IMO. It was an epic feature, and the sense of community in a CPL has yet to be matched. I can name countless incidents in which I've joined a racing-only CPL, and had the time of my life. The people were often on the mics, and they were almost always nice, awesome, people who loved a good race, and loved to just chat about cars and gaming.

To me, CPLs, and just everything that made Forza 4 great, was the ultimate expression in Forza's expression of "Car lovers into gamers, and gamers into car lovers."

But I will try the leagues. In theory, they seem just as good, if not better, than the CPLs... In theory...

I really hope it works out better than Forza 5 either way (but honestly, anything would be better than FM5).
"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:25:54 PM(UTC)
Ugh, well that's too bad then. I guess I'll wait and find out more about this league feature, but it's still pretty disappointing. For me, Forza has the best racing gameplay, either in FM or FH, but online racing is key for me, and lately Turn 10 has removed a lot of what made their games so fun. FM5 was still ok, but Horizon 2's multiplayer, IMO, was terrible, never letting you pick where or what you really wanted to do. I hope this isn't just more of the same, or else my Forza days may be behind me.

Rejoice, for Xbox One backwards compatibility is coming - and Forza 4's coming with it.
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:38:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IR STiGGLES Go to Quoted Post
Fm4 most likely proved that with the hoppers not going anywhere most people would rather jump in with some randoms rather than wait for a cpl to fill up. It's really not surprising they are gone.

I actually preferred waiting in a CPL upwards of 30 minutes, if it meant that I got a good, clean, close race, with no wreckers - and because of that, my first *real* experience with wreckers came with Forza 5. I managed to circumvent most of the wreckers and general unpleasantness in FM4, and when I did meet a wrecker in FM4, they were kicked the second the race ended, then blocked from ever coming back.

That and the CPLs circumvented the awful drag racing lobbies that existed (and still exist in FM5, and FH2).

I honestly hope they make a return.

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:40:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:35:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pjtierney2003 Go to Quoted Post
Forgive me for not knowing the following, as I've never played Forza 5:

• Did Private Lobbies in Forza 5 have all of the detailed lobby settings that Forza 4 had for their CPLs?

Payne's post helps make Turn 10's decision understandable, however I am wondering how much freedom hosts of competitive racing leagues (like TORA) will have when it comes to setting up event lobbies.

If the Public Lobbies end up clean and well populated then that's a great thing, however I hope private hosts will have total freedom in the types of lobbies they want to construct.

Anyone got any more info regarding this?
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 3:10:13 PM(UTC)
I feel the big problem here isn't with racing cpl. Is the lack of cruise, drag, and drift clp that is the issuse. Most drifters art concerned with leaderboards and who got the most points in a race we drift for the fun. Sadly without cpls l feel forza is loosing a large portion of those players.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 7:06:45 PM(UTC)
I fully expect the "leagues" to be yet another big steaming dump of MP experience. When forced in with randoms in a system you can't modify with a room you can't police they're pretty much promising it as a steaming dump. It's a shame how Dan doesn't get the "car culture" he's so frequently advocated for is being suffocated by their controls. With every other Forza I've pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, I honestly don't know if I'll bother buying this version. It's too bad, as for me there's a lot to really like about the game (it has some good potential), but they don't see how their MP literally ruins the game for so many. I used to race in several leagues and events and was completely addicted to Forza, and now, all the friends I've raced with have moved on to other genres or to PC gaming since Forza hasn't offered a serious online component for people who want to run their own league style events. For us it's a real shame. I wish Forza hadn't forgotten about us, but clearly the profits are elsewhere and we're just not that important to Turn 10. Guess the only thing to do is build a gaming PC with no real options on the xbox.
#40 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 7:13:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IR STiGGLES Go to Quoted Post
Assuming that other game never realizes half its potential, I just hope they bring back grid ordering options in the private lobbies so we can run league races from a stand in start again instead of a cluster pace lap for everyone to get in position...especially annoying at longer tracks

Hard to say. I had given up on FM4 before they brought the lobbies back, as did my friends. If they had been with the original copy of the game, I'd bet a lot of my friends would still be racing the series.
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:03:37 AM(UTC)
On older days for me it was fun just to cruise or have a little drag racing with some people. I often played on custom lobbys just for fun, showing my cars and then drag a little. I met a lot of my XBL friends there. won't there be fun lobbys like on FM4 anymore?
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 2:09:46 AM(UTC)
Funny how they say that they are "listening to the community", yet they do not include the most requested feature. This really just looks like another Forza Motorsport 5, but with more cars and tracks, as well as night and rain.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 2:33:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rostig volvo Go to Quoted Post
Funny how they say that they are "listening to the community", yet they do not include the most requested feature. This really just looks like another Forza Motorsport 5, but with more cars and tracks, as well as night and rain.

More cars and tracks and night and rain were by far the most requested features.
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:32:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Groo 93 Go to Quoted Post
... I had given up on FM4 before they brought the lobbies back, as did my friends. If they had been with the original copy of the game, I'd bet a lot of my friends would still be racing the series.

The "custom public lobbies" were available in FM4 at launch. Perhaps you gave up on FM3 - which *never* had public lobbies - and never gave FM4 a look?

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:42:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
More cars and tracks and night and rain were by far the most requested features.

C'mon... you sound like the lackeys over at that "other" game's forum!

More cars and tracks are content, not features. Unless Turn 10 comes out and very publicly and visibly states they went out of their way to add a *specific* track (or two) and to add *specific* new cars - based solely on "these weren't in our plans, but got added because of the high request..." numbers, then the added content is just added content.

As to night and rain, that's like saying they added cockpit view because of fan request. It's natural progression of the series. In fact, go through the request threads... the archived forums are still available back to 2006 or so. Find me a large number of requests for "we want night, but no dynamic time of day" and "we want rain, but static conditions and not at night."

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:22:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SouthSideSlider Go to Quoted Post
I feel the big problem here isn't with racing cpl. Is the lack of cruise, drag, and drift clp that is the issuse. Most drifters art concerned with leaderboards and who got the most points in a race we drift for the fun. Sadly without cpls l feel forza is loosing a large portion of those players.
Agreed. I was initially really hyped to see FM6 partially because I had hoped to see on PC as I really though FM6 would be on windows 10 considering the Xbox app and Fable Legends being cross-play also because I've been really wanting to drift/tandem on Forza again. When Microsoft showed FM6 at E3 I was initially really excited; then I noticed it was an "Xbox One" only exclusive but what I had seen of FM6 (and another Xbox One exclusive game) I started making plans on purchasing an Xbox One and the Elite controller. However as I was searching the forums here for more information I noticed this thread and then all my motivation to get the Xbox One for FM6 was gone because as much as I enjoy racing on FM it will always be my preferred game to drift on and to lose public CPL I think would only hurt the drift/tandem community or at least make it less enjoyable; not that I don't enjoy drifting with just friends in private lobbies if you can even have private lobbies in FM6 but after 1~5+ years of drifting/tendeming with a person you understand how to get consistently door-to-door with them; basically it's fun to try and get door-to-door with people you just met.

I say it might hurt the drift community because how FM3 turned out as a result of not having public CPL in addition to Turn10 adding points drifting IMO making drifting on Forza "toxic" because on FM2 if you bumped into someone while drifting/tandeming it wouldn't be much of a problem; but on FM3 you had points that would be lost if you were hit/bumped by someone; ergo people would be upset to be in 1st and then to have someone bump them causing them to possibly be put in to last place depending how good they were at linking corners and that basically killed any motivation to tandem in those lobbies making inviting friends in to private lobbies the only alternative.

Plus trying to get a lobby to vote kick trolls when their friends/oblivious people are voting "NO" is annoying no mater what non-CPL public lobby you are in. IMO Turn10 should just use a lobby system like the one FM2 though I might be getting to nostalgic and over glorifying the FM2 lobby system.

Here's hoping Turn10 and Microsoft will changes their minds on a few things before FM6 is released/green-lit. *Crosses fingers*

AMD Ryzen 1700X | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero | Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200 | Asus ROG STRIX 8gb RX480 | Samsung 28" U28H750 QLED 4K | Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
#47 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:45:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SouthSideSlider Go to Quoted Post

That's a good point.

For a month or so during the days of Forza 4 I dabbled in a bit of drifting, and my most enjoyable experiences were with Custom Public Lobbies. It was there that I learned the drifting community wasn't interested in points or leaderboards, but simply having fun making your car go sideways.

One of the most popular setups was to have 10 minute events on Tsukuba Short, where everybody turned round at the start and drove the circuit the wrong way as it provided better curves/lines for tandem drifting. It was a fun experience and everybody was good-natured whether they were a newbie (like myself) or a veteran.

Were it not for the Custom Public Lobbies I wouldn't have even known that such a community existed.
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:54:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post

Rejoice, for Xbox One backwards compatibility is coming - and Forza 4's coming with it.

Really? Source?
#49 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:57:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post

Really? Source?

This makes me wonder whether xbox one wheels will be playable on forza 4. Hmm.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:25:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

C'mon... you sound like the lackeys over at that "other" game's forum!

More cars and tracks are content, not features. Unless Turn 10 comes out and very publicly and visibly states they went out of their way to add a *specific* track (or two) and to add *specific* new cars - based solely on "these weren't in our plans, but got added because of the high request..." numbers, then the added content is just added content.

As to night and rain, that's like saying they added cockpit view because of fan request. It's natural progression of the series. In fact, go through the request threads... the archived forums are still available back to 2006 or so. Find me a large number of requests for "we want night, but no dynamic time of day" and "we want rain, but static conditions and not at night."

I take it then that you disagree with my statement and don't believe it to be factual. Perhaps we've been reading different forums these past months.

What I sound like is an adult. One who accepts what is and isn't going to appear in FM6 and one who on balance is happy with what's been announced. If I were of a different temperament (or age) then perhaps I to would go on, and on, and on, and on, about public lobbys and the like.

Track and car lists are features of the game as is rain and night. Don't deliberately misconstrue language to help fuel the band wagon of moaning some people are intent on riding. I buy the games to drive and in my view this FM6 is looking good. If I want a tune I make it, if I want a pretty car I paint it so much of the other "missing" stuff isn't of much interest to me. To each their own and if you were "community" minded you'd appreciate that.
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error