7 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Racing Permit
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:14:45 AM(UTC)
I'm looking to buy the special edition of the xbox market place and was wouldering how much memory would it take?
Rank: Forza Staff
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:17:51 AM(UTC)
If it isn't listed on the Store page then we might not know it until the game is finalized (gone Gold), possibly in August.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: Driver's License
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:32:53 AM(UTC)
Considering Forza 5 is 40 gigs, and Forza 6 has roughly 50% increase in cars and tracks, I'd say 60 gigs is the minimum you should expect.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:36:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SimTourist Go to Quoted Post
Considering Forza 5 is 40 gigs, and Forza 6 has roughly 50% increase in cars and tracks, I'd say 60 gigs is the minimum you should expect.


Impossible to make it 60GB unless someone from T10 will confirm it physically ships on 2 discs. a single BD-disc has a maximum of 50GB from which about 48GB can be actual data. Ofcourse, this excludes day 1 patches and DLC.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:58:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SimTourist Go to Quoted Post
Considering Forza 5 is 40 gigs, and Forza 6 has roughly 50% increase in cars and tracks, I'd say 60 gigs is the minimum you should expect.


Impossible to make it 60GB unless someone from T10 will confirm it physically ships on 2 discs. a single BD-disc has a maximum of 50GB from which about 48GB can be actual data. Ofcourse, this excludes day 1 patches and DLC.


It very well could ship as two discs. Forza 4 did. Also with the increase in cars and tracks as well as the physics of night racing alond with wet conditions it could very well be 60-65 gb. If you haven't got one, you'd probally better get an external hard drive. I can only see games getting more and more indepth and will need to be larger.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:47:45 PM(UTC)
Today I pre ordered fm6's premium edition and it downloaded by itself as the normal.

But, I noticed that the game is only 131 MB sized.

Could someone explain to me why?

Thank you and sorry bout the bad english!
Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:41:01 PM(UTC)
Probably because the game has not gone gold yet and is not ready to be fully published. Additionally, there may very well be a day one patch to complete the content.
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:29:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: m0mb Go to Quoted Post
Today I pre ordered fm6's premium edition and it downloaded by itself as the normal.

But, I noticed that the game is only 131 MB sized.

Could someone explain to me why?

Thank you and sorry bout the bad english!


That is not the game. Bundle edition games include an overarching file that manages the process.

The instructions on the right in the store on the console explain that you will need to manage the bundle when the game releases.
I blame the ants.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:37:01 PM(UTC)
Forza 3 and 4 did because they couldn't fit it all onto one disc... FH2 was 10gb(?) And it has increased to I think 40 now through updates and dlc.
Writer for AR12Gaming.com
Rank: Racing Legend
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:26:13 PM(UTC)
We can not be sure. Yes we could say add 50% on to FM5 (including all FM5 dlcs and updates etc).

We don't know if there have been any efifciencies gained since then or from the new engine.

Personally I would make sure you have 60gb free.

With regard to Octagon Controls post I am not sure how Xbox One games are packed on the disc and then unpacked. If compressed on disc you could have 40gb come to 60gb once installed for example.
I blame the ants.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:45:53 AM(UTC)
Well, not sure how XBox Store condsiders game size, but it just showed 120 Gb for FM6..!!?
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:05:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SimTourist Go to Quoted Post
Considering Forza 5 is 40 gigs, and Forza 6 has roughly 50% increase in cars and tracks, I'd say 60 gigs is the minimum you should expect.


Impossible to make it 60GB unless someone from T10 will confirm it physically ships on 2 discs. a single BD-disc has a maximum of 50GB from which about 48GB can be actual data. Ofcourse, this excludes day 1 patches and DLC.


Blu-ray XL discs can hold 100GB

Twitter: @RyHirons
Rank: On the Podium
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:13:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LeftmostRook49 Go to Quoted Post
Well, not sure how XBox Store condsiders game size, but it just showed 120 Gb for FM6..!!?


120 gig?? Holy [redacted]!

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 8:06:56 PM(UTC)
"You're smiling."
"It's really big."
"Is it bigger than Forza Horizon 2?"
"It's bigger than Forza 5. Forza 5 was almost a full blu-ray."
"So it's huge."
"It's enormous."
at minute 63:45 http://shoutengine.com/TheSmokingTire/forza-6-press-preview-10404
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 5:55:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"You're smiling."
"It's really big."
"Is it bigger than Forza Horizon 2?"
"It's bigger than Forza 5. Forza 5 was almost a full blu-ray."
"So it's huge."
"It's enormous."
at minute 63:45 http://shoutengine.com/TheSmokingTire/forza-6-press-preview-10404


Thanks for the link. That was actually a really good interview. But by the way Dan talks about the size of the game, I'm probably going to need to get an external HDD.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:17:45 AM(UTC)
Ive just digitally pre ordered Forza 6 Standard, and its just loaded up but the file size altogether is only 156 mb.
can someone explain how this works.....does it fully download closer to release date when its all finalised?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:03:02 AM(UTC)
Yep, that's mainly just "keys" of sorts, to verify you own the items at this point. There's probably a bit more than just "keys" being downloaded obviously, at 156mb, but I wouldn't guess at what is what myself.

The game itself will be available for pre-load closer to launch, but I don't have an exact date or time for you I'm afraid.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:05:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I would race you, but a dog ate my station wagon.
Who's on first?
Rank: Racing Permit
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:11:45 AM(UTC)
There is no definitive time for pre-loading and it varies from game to game. For example, you can Pre-Load Rare Replay, coming out on the 4th of August so thats a week out. However you can already Pre-Load Gears of War, a game that comes out on the 25th of August - so there could be some variation here.

It may be one week out, or 2 weeks out, or 3 days out from Sept 10th that you could start pre-loading.

As for the size, Dan G tweeted that the size is still changing and isn't final at this point. Forza 5 was 40gb and had 320ish cars, 17 environments. This game will have 9 more environments over 130 more cars and night and rain. I think this game will be pushing 70gigs at launch tbh and its going to be massive.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:13:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:12:28 AM(UTC)
Oh good thats cleared that up, many thanks :)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:24:12 AM(UTC)
You're very welcome. :)
I would race you, but a dog ate my station wagon.
Who's on first?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:31:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Willbertsin Go to Quoted Post
There is no definitive time for pre-loading and it varies from game to game. For example, you can Pre-Load Rare Replay, coming out on the 4th of August so thats a week out. However you can already Pre-Load Gears of War, a game that comes out on the 25th of August - so there could be some variation here.

It may be one week out, or 2 weeks out, or 3 days out from Sept 10th that you could start pre-loading.

As for the size, Dan G tweeted that the size is still changing and isn't final at this point. Forza 5 was 40gb and had 320ish cars, 17 environments. This game will have 9 more environments over 130 more cars and night and rain. I think this game will be pushing 70gigs at launch tbh and its going to be massive.


While I'm sure it will be very large ... don't think it will approach 70GB. That would make it the largest game ever released on the XB1 ... by a significant amount. Right now, I believe that distinction is held by Elder Scrolls Online ... which is around 55GB. There are only a handful of games that approach 50GB.
Rank: Series Champion
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:55:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Willbertsin Go to Quoted Post
I think this game will be pushing 70gigs at launch tbh and its going to be massive.


Highly unlikely.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:03:34 AM(UTC)
Yeah, expect no less than 40GB but no more than 70GB.
Rank: Racing Permit
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:01:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
While I'm sure it will be very large ... don't think it will approach 70GB. That would make it the largest game ever released on the XB1 ... by a significant amount. Right now, I believe that distinction is held by Elder Scrolls Online ... which is around 55GB. There are only a handful of games that approach 50GB.


Halo: MCC is currently over 70GB with all updates and DLC.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:48:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deeper Demons Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
While I'm sure it will be very large ... don't think it will approach 70GB. That would make it the largest game ever released on the XB1 ... by a significant amount. Right now, I believe that distinction is held by Elder Scrolls Online ... which is around 55GB. There are only a handful of games that approach 50GB.


Halo: MCC is currently over 70GB with all updates and DLC.



Hehe. Looks like I need to go check for an update. I'm only at 62.7 currently. XD
I would race you, but a dog ate my station wagon.
Who's on first?
7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error