10 Pages<<678910PrevNext
Rank: On the Podium
#176 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:09:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Ian, is there any intention on making a Disc version , even with DLC codes for the ultimate package? Doesn't even need anything else, maybe just a steelbook case and that's all, but as much as I want to get that digital high end, I really would like to get it on an actual disc.


At present the 10 year anniversary edition is our retail SKU and the other options are available digitally through the Xbox store. That's all the info I have atm which I do realise isn't too conclusive..


It is understandably inconclusive right now, it's still kinda early, and with NDA's and such, I understand. I'll keep my fingers crossed for such a thing. Physical copies are still a big deal for me , I rather not pre-order digitally only to see a physical version come out later. Thanks for the reply!

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#177 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:40:52 PM(UTC)
Hey Ian, I have a few questions that I'd really appreciate an answer on, as nobody really knows the facts at this point. (if you are allowed to answer, of course :D )

1. A few of the clips in the FM6 trailer and some screenshots appear to show new camera angles, particularly in cockpit view. Is this just for cinematics or can we actually adjust the cockpit camera for gameplay?

2. Many people are very confused about the night racing. We know for a fact that rain is not dynamic. However, a GamesRadar article (Here) stated that the time of day is dynamic. ("Dynamically. You won't just set the game to day or night - you'll be able to see the sun go up or the stars come out, as the race unfolds.") That quote taken from GamesRadar article. Conversely, a Eurogamer article said that time of day was not dynamic. In addition, a GameInformer article stated that the Le Mans Endurance race is in the game, so they were expecting dynamic time. What are the facts here? Is the time of day dynamic or static?

3. Soundtrack - similar to Forza 4 (electronic) or similar to Forza 5 (orchestral)?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:44:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
#178 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:54:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
Many people are very confused about the night racing. We know for a fact that rain is not dynamic. However, a GamesRadar article (Here) stated that the time of day is dynamic. ("Dynamically. You won't just set the game to day or night - you'll be able to see the sun go up or the stars come out, as the race unfolds.") That quote taken from GamesRadar article. Conversely, a Eurogamer article said that time of day was not dynamic. In addition, a GameInformer article stated that the Le Mans Endurance race is in the game, so they were expecting dynamic time. What are the facts here? Is the time of day dynamic or static?


I've reached out to GamesRadar, requesting they verify their information because it contradicts early reports. I'll let you know if there is a response.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#179 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:00:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Ian, I have a few questions that I'd really appreciate an answer on, as nobody really knows the facts at this point. (if you are allowed to answer, of course :D )

1. A few of the clips in the FM6 trailer and some screenshots appear to show new camera angles, particularly in cockpit view. Is this just for cinematics or can we actually adjust the cockpit camera for gameplay?

2. Many people are very confused about the night racing. We know for a fact that rain is not dynamic. However, a GamesRadar article (Here) stated that the time of day is dynamic. ("Dynamically. You won't just set the game to day or night - you'll be able to see the sun go up or the stars come out, as the race unfolds.") That quote taken from GamesRadar article. Conversely, a Eurogamer article said that time of day was not dynamic. In addition, a GameInformer article stated that the Le Mans Endurance race is in the game, so they were expecting dynamic time. What are the facts here? Is the time of day dynamic or static?

3. Soundtrack - similar to Forza 4 (electronic) or similar to Forza 5 (orchestral)?

Thanks for your time.


I'd also love to hear an answer to these questions, and if I may add a 'part b' to your second question, I've been really wondering if different times of day are available, or if it's only one day-time option and one night-time option.. like the Bathurst has a really low sun, for example. In Forza 6 will we have access to that day of day as well as a bright, middle of the day setting?

Thanks!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:26:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Community Team
#180 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:02:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Ian, I have a few questions that I'd really appreciate an answer on, as nobody really knows the facts at this point. (if you are allowed to answer, of course :D )

1. A few of the clips in the FM6 trailer and some screenshots appear to show new camera angles, particularly in cockpit view. Is this just for cinematics or can we actually adjust the cockpit camera for gameplay?

2. Many people are very confused about the night racing. We know for a fact that rain is not dynamic. However, a GamesRadar article (Here) stated that the time of day is dynamic. ("Dynamically. You won't just set the game to day or night - you'll be able to see the sun go up or the stars come out, as the race unfolds.") That quote taken from GamesRadar article. Conversely, a Eurogamer article said that time of day was not dynamic. In addition, a GameInformer article stated that the Le Mans Endurance race is in the game, so they were expecting dynamic time. What are the facts here? Is the time of day dynamic or static?

3. Soundtrack - similar to Forza 4 (electronic) or similar to Forza 5 (orchestral)?

Thanks for your time.


The only one of the above I can answer with 100% certainty atm is 2, and I can confirm the Forza 6 does not have dynamic time of day. Forza 6 amongst other things is about the precision and tension of racing at night or in the rain and it was important that we create the exact experience that the Forza community expect of those features. The team here at Turn 10 have gone into painstaking detail to capture the exact surface type and feel of each of those unique experiences. For example at night the tarmac cools reducing grip, so racing at night requires a different set of skills than racing in the day. Players lap times will also be different in these racing conditions.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#181 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:07:10 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:08:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Community Team
#182 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:40:35 PM(UTC)
Some nice offscreen footage of Forza 6 here from gamersyde, the footage showing off the motion platform is particularly nice imo :)

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_3013_en.html

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:41:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza EMEA Community Manager
Rank: Racing Legend
#183 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:48:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Some nice offscreen footage of Forza 6 here from gamersyde, the footage showing off the motion platform is particularly nice imo :)

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_3013_en.html


I quite like the preview for Metal Gear Solid V on that site lol
I blame the ants.
Rank: Forza Staff
#184 Posted: : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:14:29 PM(UTC)
Here's day 3 of the Xbox Live Daily show. It starts off with the unveiling of Ford's GT race car at Le Mans and includes T10's Kim Wolfkill talking about the one-off Ford-themed Xbox One controllers.
Starts at minute 14 and goes for about 4 minutes and then there's a brief look at the demo hydraulic rig at minute 25: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/xbox-daily/day-three

This is a recording of Gamespot's stage demo of FM6 with Dan Greenawalt talking car players, car types, and Drivatar. Runs 11 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0mdrj_9hs
Rank: On the Podium
#185 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:24:23 PM(UTC)
For the record and for future reference, GamesRadar has properly modified their Forza Motorsport 6 article to reflect static environments rather than dynamic ones.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#186 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:32:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Binurah Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone say Maple Valley is out? Afaik we only know like 4 out of 10 new tracks.
It`d be my most wanted track from the old ones too.

No, no one said it was out but it wasn't in the list of tracks. Could it appear at some later time? I suppose. But given that this track is probably the single most requested "old" track since the release of Forza 5, I'm assuming that if they didn't prepare that track for the release that it's probably not coming.

For a company that "listens" to their customers they sometimes simply refuse to.

Still.... I'm excited about 6

That they haven't produced or announced something that was requested in no way means they didn't listen or make note of a request. If they gave everyone everything they wanted the game would come on over a hundred disks and cost you more than a newcar.

Which is why I said "I'm assuming". It's simply my opinion that due to it not showing up at this time, given the avalanche of requests, that it's not coming. It's My belief. I also said "I suppose" it could come later. And no one is asking for Turn 10 to grant "everyone everything they wanted". I simply mentioned, arguably, the most requested old track.

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:35:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Community Team
#187 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:06:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
For the record and for future reference, GamesRadar has properly modified their Forza Motorsport 6 article to reflect static environments rather than dynamic ones.


Thanks to the person who initially posted about this and brought it to our attention.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
Rank: Racing Permit
#188 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:09:08 AM(UTC)
Will there be a split-screen?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#189 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:09:54 AM(UTC)
Hi Helios, you very kindly helped me a few weeks back to get back on my feet again after losing my gamesave and vinyls/designs. My game hasn't synced once since then so I still haven't got back my work. The only way, is to download them, but they are then locked. Will I still be able to import them back into FM6 ?..will they still be locked, or can you unlock them?
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
Rank: Moderator
#190 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:20:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThermicSpace490 Go to Quoted Post
Will there be a split-screen?


Yes, there will be some form of split screen according to reports.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#191 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:24:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ThermicSpace490 Go to Quoted Post
Will there be a split-screen?


Yes, there will be some form of split screen according to reports.


Reports?? http://www.forzamotorspo...-us/news/fm6_e3_features talks about split-screen racing making its return to Forza.
Rank: Racing Permit
#192 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:25:48 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the answer!
I hope that there will also be at least some AI in the split-screen. There was none in Forza 5 and it made it feel very empty.
Rank: Forza Community Team
#193 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:53:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post
Hi Helios, you very kindly helped me a few weeks back to get back on my feet again after losing my gamesave and vinyls/designs. My game hasn't synced once since then so I still haven't got back my work. The only way, is to download them, but they are then locked. Will I still be able to import them back into FM6 ?..will they still be locked, or can you unlock them?


Hi David,

Are you referring to Forza Motorsport 5? If so I can see on our admin pages that you still have many vinyls and liveries that are stored. How long are you leaving the game to sync for, it can sometimes take a very long time unfortunately.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#194 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:06:28 AM(UTC)
Sorry for hustling you Helios but I too have a question.

I know that you will be able to import old paints and tunes you have made just wondering if it is only from the motorsport series or from both motorsport and Horizon?

Just asking because I have some really nice colour blends on both that I would love to use and see in FM6.

Thank you.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#195 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:15:07 AM(UTC)
I just want to get a big thanks to ManteoMax for putting all the information together for others(myself included). It's nice to have a place to go to with all the latest news for FM6. I know that it has to be time consuming, but I appreciate it very much and I'm sure we all do. Thank you!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#196 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:25:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShadowChaser36 Go to Quoted Post
I just want to get a big thanks to ManteoMax for putting all the information together for others(myself included). It's nice to have a place to go to with all the latest news for FM6. I know that it has to be time consuming, but I appreciate it very much and I'm sure we all do. Thank you!
Thank You ManteoMax

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#197 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:42:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ooPAYNEoo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ShadowChaser36 Go to Quoted Post
I just want to get a big thanks to ManteoMax for putting all the information together for others(myself included). It's nice to have a place to go to with all the latest news for FM6. I know that it has to be time consuming, but I appreciate it very much and I'm sure we all do. Thank you!
Thank You ManteoMax

yeah thanks Manteomax, not only for this weeks but for the years of contributing to Forza forums :)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#198 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:44:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post
Hi Helios, you very kindly helped me a few weeks back to get back on my feet again after losing my gamesave and vinyls/designs. My game hasn't synced once since then so I still haven't got back my work. The only way, is to download them, but they are then locked. Will I still be able to import them back into FM6 ?..will they still be locked, or can you unlock them?


Hi David,

Are you referring to Forza Motorsport 5? If so I can see on our admin pages that you still have many vinyls and liveries that are stored. How long are you leaving the game to sync for, it can sometimes take a very long time unfortunately.


Yes, on FM5 It was over a month ago now. I had to start a new save as all progress was lost. It has not attempted to sync since the save was lost about 6 weeks ago :( .. as you say, the vinyls and liveries are still there. All data is "invalid" including all photos and videos too :(

Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
Rank: Forza Community Team
#199 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:58:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post
Hi Helios, you very kindly helped me a few weeks back to get back on my feet again after losing my gamesave and vinyls/designs. My game hasn't synced once since then so I still haven't got back my work. The only way, is to download them, but they are then locked. Will I still be able to import them back into FM6 ?..will they still be locked, or can you unlock them?


Hi David,

Are you referring to Forza Motorsport 5? If so I can see on our admin pages that you still have many vinyls and liveries that are stored. How long are you leaving the game to sync for, it can sometimes take a very long time unfortunately.


Yes, on FM5 It was over a month ago now. I had to start a new save as all progress was lost. It has not attempted to sync since the save was lost about 6 weeks ago :( .. as you say, the vinyls and liveries are still there. All data is "invalid" including all photos and videos too :(



Have you tried deleting your local save on your console so that the game is forced to attempt to sync next time you load it up?
Forza EMEA Community Manager
Rank: Forza Community Team
 2 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:59:56 AM(UTC)
FYI as i know its been asked here previously. I can confirm that car ahead/behind distance indicators will be making a return in Forza Motorsport 6.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
10 Pages<<678910PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error