10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:43:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ooPAYNEoo Go to Quoted Post
How often will the majority of players run races long enough to warrant developing dynamic weather, sacrificing dev time, FPS, etc.

I think they made the right choice. I think a lot of players would quit the race at lap 4-5 if they are beyond 10-12th place...

Or do you think that a 3 lap race should start at day, start raining on lap 2, then go night at lap 3 whilst raining?

I've been playing Gran Turismo 6 ever since it launched, a game which has dynamic time/weather.
The game targets 1080p60 but even in dry conditions it feels like it's hitting 30fps when online.

In terms of time progression lobby hosts could set multipliers, from real-time all the way to up 1 second = 1 minute.
Weather was a little more complicated as you could set rate of change as well as initial saturation level (ie: how wet the track is at the start of the race).

From what I saw in Open Lobbies most people tended to host dry-only races with the default time being set.

The dynamic features were extensively used in competitive race leagues, as Endurance Racing is popular online.
While weather was often disabled dynamic time was almost always used.

Career Mode made good use of dynamic time/weather to create specific race scenarios.
#152 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:52:05 AM(UTC)
On the point of this thread.... I am EXTREMELY excited about Forza 6. Looks like everything we wanted....... Except Maple Valley..... Not happy about that but with so much other goodness, who can complain?
#153 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:59:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pjtierney2003 Go to Quoted Post

I've been playing Gran Turismo 6 ever since it launched, a game which has dynamic time/weather.
The game targets 1080p60 but even in dry conditions it feels like it's hitting 30fps when online.

In terms of time progression lobby hosts could set multipliers, from real-time all the way to up 1 second = 1 minute.
Weather was a little more complicated as you could set rate of change as well as initial saturation level (ie: how wet the track is at the start of the race).

From what I saw in Open Lobbies most people tended to host dry-only races with the default time being set.

The dynamic features were extensively used in competitive race leagues, as Endurance Racing is popular online.
While weather was often disabled dynamic time was almost always used.

Career Mode made good use of dynamic time/weather to create specific race scenarios.

User specific wet saturation curve rates, and time of day ratios seems a bit much 'imo' ... at least at the moment. We don't even have user lobbies. Only private lobbies, which are.. private.

And I know that endurance is popular, but I do not think the majority of Forza players are entering competitive endurance race leagues. Of course I don't have stats, just a speculation.

It doesn't seem like the ROI would be enough to sacrifice the other new features at this time. As long as I've played Forza, they have stayed away from long races. How much effort into getting dynamics to work to the point where the forums aren't filled with folks complaining about how accurate it is. It would get picked apart if not done properly. It could be a stain on everything else that actually works and looks great. Why add the uncertainty?

Also these are sort of hardcore elements we're talking about. If I'm a new player, bring out my Camaro SS HP650, jump in a race, suddenly it's dark and rainy, and I can't stay off the grass, and this happens randomly...? I just think these are things that T10 have probably considered not a top priority at this moment.

#154 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:17:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
On the point of this thread.... I am EXTREMELY excited about Forza 6. Looks like everything we wanted....... Except Maple Valley..... Not happy about that but with so much other goodness, who can complain?

Did anyone say Maple Valley is out? Afaik we only know like 4 out of 10 new tracks.
It`d be my most wanted track from the old ones too.

#155 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:48:01 AM(UTC)
Did they confirm split screen at E3?
#156 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:59:56 AM(UTC)
I don't know if the floor demo includes split screen at E3, but they announced it in the News section of this website:
"In addition to split-screen racing making its return to Forza, "
http://www.forzamotorspo...-us/news/fm6_e3_features
#157 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:52:53 AM(UTC)
Gamespot and Dan Greenawalt live at E3 now: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/gamespot-stage-day-2/
 4 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:57:15 AM(UTC)
Just so you all know we're working on some direct feed 60fps footage for you all. Should be out soonish.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#159 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:11:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Binurah Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone say Maple Valley is out? Afaik we only know like 4 out of 10 new tracks.

No, no one said it was out but it wasn't in the list of tracks. Could it appear at some later time? I suppose. But given that this track is probably the single most requested "old" track since the release of Forza 5, I'm assuming that if they didn't prepare that track for the release that it's probably not coming.

For a company that "listens" to their customers they sometimes simply refuse to.

Still.... I'm excited about 6

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:12:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#160 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:13:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Just so you all know we're working on some direct feed 60fps footage for you all. Should be out soonish.

I have to say, the involvement on the forums and the information offered up early this time around is very nice. Thank you.

2Old4Forza
 1 user liked this post.
#161 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:23:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThermicSpace490 Go to Quoted Post
Did they confirm split screen at E3?

Yes, Forza Motorsport 6 has two player split scren.
#162 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:26:35 AM(UTC)

As intriguing as that is, some undercover footage of Dan Greenawalt actually playing the game would be fantastic.
#163 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:29:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Binurah Go to Quoted Post

No, no one said it was out but it wasn't in the list of tracks. Could it appear at some later time? I suppose. But given that this track is probably the single most requested "old" track since the release of Forza 5, I'm assuming that if they didn't prepare that track for the release that it's probably not coming.

For a company that "listens" to their customers they sometimes simply refuse to.

Still.... I'm excited about 6

That they haven't produced or announced something that was requested in no way means they didn't listen or make note of a request. If they gave everyone everything they wanted the game would come on over a hundred disks and cost you more than a newcar.

✔ Verified Moderator

4 users liked this post.
#164 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:52:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tireless flow of update, Max. I've heckled Turn 10 on Twitter about making the pins somehow available as giveaways, but it's almost certain those will be reserved for the privileged crowd of convention attendees. A bummer, really.

We'll see if there's any left over from the event for giveaways. Hopefully there will be as they're pretty cool!
#165 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:54:49 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the tireless flow of update, Max. I've heckled Turn 10 on Twitter about making the pins somehow available as giveaways, but it's almost certain those will be reserved for the privileged crowd of convention attendees. A bummer, really.

We'll see if there's any left over from the event for giveaways. Hopefully there will be as they're pretty cool!

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
#166 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:57:02 AM(UTC)

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Me too, I'd love to get my hands on one!

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 2 users liked this post.
#167 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:10:27 PM(UTC)
Here's a list of features I compiled and source links discussing them (included or excluded). Please provide corrections if I've missed anything.

[UPDATE: I've fleshed this out in the FM6 Game FAQ stickied at the top of the forum, which I'll continue to update]

• Console - - - Xbox One only. Link Link
  • Release Date - - - September 15 North America and Asia, September 17 Japan, September 18 Europe etc. Early access play with Ultimate Edition. Link Link
  • Editions - - - Standard/Deluxe/Ultimate digital editions, retail will at least sell a physical Standard edition. Deluxe includes VIP, Ultimate includes VIP + Car Pass + Early Access. Pre-order bonuses included. Link Link
  • Pre-Order/Load - - - Pre-order starting at E3 through September 15 release. Ultimate Edition owners start play on September 10. Digital and Retailer bonus DLC cars are livery versions of standard cars in game. All pre-orders get Ten Year Anniversary cars. Link Link
  • DLC - - - VIP and Car Pass (currently Bundle Only), Fast & Furious Car Pack, six monthly packs beginning in October with 7 cars each, pre-order cars and Ten Year Anniversary livery/tuned cars announced. Link
  • Achievements - - - (no info)
  • Resolution - - - "it’s all running at a rock-solid 60 frames per second at 1080p resolution." Link
  • Tracks - - - 26 locales and more than 100 ribbons. All FM5 tracks return in FM6, "including ten newly captured tracks". Rio de Jeneiro, Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, Daytona International Speedway, and revised Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced at E3. Link Link Link
  • Manufacturers - - - 80 different manufacturers Link
  • Car count - - - 450+ cars at launch, all Forzavista quality. 100 cars identified at E3 (car list included). Link
  • Car types - - - Pre-war, GT race cars, hypercars, production cars announced. Link
  • Car functions - - - (no info on movable convertible tops, windows, wiper toggle, lights toggle, horn while racing)
  • Weather - - - Rain at specific tracks, no dynamic weather, no night & rain at the same time. Link
  • Night - - - (Conflicting reports on night/day transition from Eurogamer and Games Radar.) Night temps affect tire grip, no night & rain at the same time. Link Link Link
  • Physics - - - 148 surface types, porosity in materials, 3D puddles cause hydroplaning, wet physics calculated by coefficient of friction (not a simple multiplier), night track temps affect tire grip, tire sidewalls compress, improved engine called ForzaTech. Link Link
  • Audio - - - Improved audio physics. "even the sound of the rain will change based on your camera angle, whether it's inside or outside the car" Link Link
  • Music - - - Orchestrated in-game music, no radio stations. Link
  • Grid - - - 24 cars on track online or offline Link
  • Drivatars - - - Revised using data from previous games, Drivatars imported from FM5 and FH2, new Professional setting option restricts Drivatars from griefing. Link Link
  • Avatar - - - "also new are female avatars" (no info on helmet/suit customization) Link
  • Upgrades - - - Upgrades are similar to FM5. New tire compounds have been added. Fast & Furious DLC may hint at hood intakes? Link Link
  • Tuning - - - Tuning is similar to FM5. Link
  • Damage - - - Full damage. (no info on optional accelerated tire/fuel rate)
  • UGC import - - - "you’ll be able to port all of your tunes and liveries from both Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2 into Forza Motorsport 6." Link
  • Paintable surfaces - - - (no info on combo special paints, helmets, windows, rims, callipers, or specific body panels)
  • Unicorn cars - - - No unicorn cars, players rewarded with Forza Rewards cars and credits. Link Link
  • Forza Rewards - - - Increasing to 8 Tiers, provides monthly rewards and up to 7 cars when you start FM6. Link
  • Assists - - - Assists are the same as in FM5 (based on E3 playable floor demo). Assist "Mods" challenges let you earn credits for choosing harder assists. Link Link
  • Penalty area - - - Quicksand removed, interactive tire barriers prevent corner cutting and wall riding. Link
  • Career - - - more than 70 hours of gameplay, “Stories of Motorsport” vignettes, "80 one-off showcase races as well as six full-fledged career paths through different racing branches (super street, grand touring, pro racing, sport icons, and Ultimate)" Link Link
  • Tokens - - - Not included, may return later for player choice. Link
  • Economy - - - Credit economy, credits for racing, Forza Reward credits. Link Link
  • Auction House - - - Not included. Link
  • Storefronts - - - Not included, but the ability to track usage of your tunes and designs has been improved. Link
  • Top Gear - - - Top Gear test track is in, Hammond and May provide career vignettes with other personalities. Link Link
  • Endurance racing - - - Based on stints/driver time. Link
  • Clubs - - - Not included, but new League system in multiplayer joins players of similar skill and temperament. Link
  • Searchable Lobbies - - - Not included. Link
  • Lobby tuning - - - (no info)
  • Qualifying - - - No qualifying, but there are warm-up laps before races. Link
  • Spectating - - - Online spectating in multiplayer included. Link
  • Photomode - - - (no info)
  • Replay - - - (no info)
  • Split screen - - - Included. (no info on guests sharing your garage, or Drivatars in split screen) Link
  • Multimonitor - - - Not included. E3 triple screen was custom built just for the E3 floor demo. Link Link
  • Virtual Reality - - - Forza shown in Oculus Rift. "You can play your favorite Xbox One games, like Halo, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and more". (no info on Hololens) Link Link
  • Kinect - - - No specific Kinect features, use Kinect as normal with Xbox One (snap function) Link
  • Peripherals - - - New Elite Xbox One controller allows paddle shifting and saved settings. Logitech and Fanatec offer wheels and pedals for the Xbox One. Link Link Link
  • SmartGlass - - - (no info)
  • Autocross - - - "you’ll also unlock Showcase events, which are short vignettes that let the player experience unique race modes – like Autocross and endurance racing" Link
  • Drag racing - - - (no info)
  • Drifting - - - (no info)
  • Rally - - - (no info)
  • Track Day - - - (no info)
  • Multiclass - - - (no info)
  • Tag - - - (no info)
  • Cat & Mouse - - - (no info)
  • Bowling/obstacles - - - (no info)
  • Soccer - - - (no info)

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:22:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#168 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:21:39 PM(UTC)

Those pins are a great idea, some of them are very cool! Though obviously the Forza Motorsport pin is the best haha
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#169 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:32:47 PM(UTC)
ManteoMax - Totally cool with you starting a new thread with all that info in it! Be good to have it visible.
#170 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:39:59 PM(UTC)
Ian, is there any intention on making a Disc version , even with DLC codes for the ultimate package? Doesn't even need anything else, maybe just a steelbook case and that's all, but as much as I want to get that digital high end, I really would like to get it on an actual disc.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:44:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Ian, is there any intention on making a Disc version , even with DLC codes for the ultimate package? Doesn't even need anything else, maybe just a steelbook case and that's all, but as much as I want to get that digital high end, I really would like to get it on an actual disc.

Contrarily, Ian, can you at least tell us if there are intentions for a full-on 10th Anniversary hard copy edition with all the bells and whistles? I'm yearning for something to mark Forza Motorsport 6 as a franchise milestone in my collection.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:52:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#172 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:56:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post

At present the 10 year anniversary edition is our retail SKU and the other options are available digitally through the Xbox store. That's all the info I have atm which I do realise isn't too conclusive..
 1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:59:26 PM(UTC)
That's all the info I have atm which I do realise isn't too conclusive..

#174 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:59:35 PM(UTC)
I'll post a sticky FAQ this evening.
#175 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:03:36 PM(UTC)
10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error