5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:20:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
So far all this says for sure is that MS has applied for a patent for the Forza game engine. Doesn't mean it's being rebuilt or improved. Could just be a preemptive move to protect themselves from the competition.

Exactly, nothing stated indicates this wasn't used on Fm5...they just applied for some paperwork, perhaps after the fact.

2Old4Forza
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:44:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
So far all this says for sure is that MS has applied for a patent for the Forza game engine. Doesn't mean it's being rebuilt or improved. Could just be a preemptive move to protect themselves from the competition.

I would agree, except (if you read the Gamespot article) a Microsoft spokesperson has revealed that more information would be revealed at E3. This is the sort of line that Microsoft Studios would script for an announcement of some kind; not to simply protect existing technologies.
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:32:29 PM(UTC)
I must be honest I am wondering if this refers to xbox peripherals all optimised for use with Forza Motorsport.
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:36:12 PM(UTC)
The trademark class indicates that it is for software, and with Microsoft's confirmation that it's an engine I don't think peripherals are at the heart of it (unless perhaps it is tied into displaying graphics on something like Hololens). Microsoft's statement also seems to indicate this is Turn 10's software; in the past they've indicated that peripheral-console interface issues are between the manufacturers of the devices.

Also, technically this is a trademark, not a patent, which I believe means its primary use is for advertising and brand awareness. It's possible they could be using a new name for existing software, but I would think that with the introduction of weather in Forza Horizon 2 (rainbows based on particles etc) they would have used a trademark to promote that software and that game. My guess is that this means they've shifted from one type of sim to another (such as when they adopted Image-Based Lighting in the past). I was using the trademark search to look at previous filings and I couldn't find anything related to the core software of previous games (other than Drivatar). Filing for a trademark in this case suggests (to me) they think it's a big enough step to warrant its promotion with a name (or that it's potentially the core of another alternate Forza franchise).

Edited by user Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:48:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:59:23 PM(UTC)
They also trademarked 'Forzavista'.

Found this interesting: https://customers.microsoft.com/Pages/CustomerStory.aspx?recid=16063
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:03:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Found this interesting: https://customers.microsoft.com/Pages/CustomerStory.aspx?recid=16063

A very interesting read, indeed. What is a "development build," though?

Edited by user Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:03:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:06:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

every day, or multiple times a day, depending when new code is committed, the build must be recompiled each time.
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:17:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

every day, or multiple times a day, depending when new code is committed, the build must be recompiled each time.

Thanks, DUST.
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:25:07 PM(UTC)
I honestly feel like FM6 will be FM4 on steroids but with something entirely new, can't wait till june, 2 more months.
PARTYNEXTFLOOR all rights reserved©
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:49:53 PM(UTC)
It sounds like it could be a physics overhaul. Maybe tire physics and handling model? Hopefully to implement even more detailed tuning and additional performance parts for the cars. Though as Shadow said, it could be an environmental engine as well. Track temps, air temps, weather variables, and particle effects (hopefully better tire smoke). Just my two cents, looking forward to E3 a bit more now.
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 7:16:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Original story updated on April 8:
Quote:
"We can confirm that Microsoft has filed a trademark application for ForzaTech, which is Turn 10 Studios' proprietary graphics and simulation engine for Forza," a Microsoft representative told GameSpot. "We'll have more to share at E3."

"Graphics and simulation engine" isnt that just a video game engine, like Quake or Unreal on the pc?

That means they could license it to dev teams so they dont need to make their own, save costs, speeds up game devlopements.
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:15:27 PM(UTC)
The graphics and physics engine is essentially the core of a game and yes, quite a few games were built on ID and Epic engines. What's most interesting is that a lot of software relies on Interlectual Property to try to sa **** uard the developer from plagiarism in much the same way that the music industry does. This is because most software is largely similar in whole or part to the coding and structure found in other programming. To patent something you have to be able to demonstrate to the patent office that you have created something not previously done. In essence an invention. This doesn't of course mean a thing to us if all they've gone for is a trademark but if it is a software patent then that would suggest they've made some notable development - now, that would be of interest to us. It's all conjecture at this stage but none the less it makes for an interesting thread. If this is software then Microsoft would have three possible applications. To use this patented engine in their own (T10) games and/or licence the engine to other game developers and/or commercial application (such as the initial GT footage) that manufacturers could use to show products not yet built or in different environments.

My own 2c would be that they've made some breakthrough/s under DX12 and that its specific to the XBox One. Had it been a modeling, acceleration or dymanics breakthrough under Windows I don't think it would have carried the Forza handle.
#38 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 6:26:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PARTYNEXTFLOOR Go to Quoted Post
I honestly feel like FM6 will be FM4 on steroids but with something entirely new, can't wait till june, 2 more months.

Me too. Hopefully we're right, because if so FM6 will be the best racing game ever. My life will equal Forza 6 whenever I have free time.

I think Forzatech is going to be a new physics engine with dynamic weather, time of day, etc... Possibly even rally terrain tracks since there was a comment by T10 about expanding the system used by FH2 Storm Island.

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2015 6:27:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 4:22:42 PM(UTC)
Im hoping this could still mean Forza on PC.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/04/09/delivering-a-single-unified-store-experience-in-windows-10/

MS BLOG wrote:

As we announced back in September, we will be delivering one application platform for our developers to build apps for with Windows 10. These universal Windows apps will work across the entire device family spanning the PC, tablet, phone, Xbox, the Internet of Things, and more. To go along with this single unified application platform will be a single unified Store. This single Store experience will be the one way for apps and games to be discovered, purchased and updated across all of your devices. We’re also adding music, movies and TV shows into the Store for you purchase and access across all your devices too!

"To help represent the new unified approach to all devices, the Xbox brand has been dropped from the video and music stores. Eventually, the Xbox One itself will also be running a version of Windows 10"

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2015 4:25:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 10:56:40 PM(UTC)
Makes a lot of sense on many levels. If true I'd imagine the XB1 will have a relatively short lifespan because a return to mini/micro PCs would make more sense in terms of hardware and upgradability. If they did head in this direction it would probably cripple Sony. Imagine all PC and XBPC gamers being able to meet online - it would be one massive market.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:16:52 AM(UTC)
Don't think I'd fancy my chances meeting a PC gamer online in FPS, me with my game pad and set graphics, then with a mouse and keyboard, and graphics toned down to improve visibility.

Personally I'd rather T10 didn't put FM on PC - because those of us who remain on the console will be made to look on as the PC version of the same game gets features we can't have.

They should concentrate on console.
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:12:42 AM(UTC)
Im hoping this could still mean Forza on PC.

I know a whole lot of people would be enthusiastic to hear this be true, but the line "will be arriving exclusively on Xbox One" was used in every Forza Motorsport 6 announcement article I've read, including the official news article on this site.

#43 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:47:27 PM(UTC)
^ I know.

T10 being first party though will have to bend with whatever larger strategy MS has in mind.
Remember we already have forza running on PC in DX12 in the form of FM5.

It may not be FM6, but hopefully in the future, who knows.
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:17:30 PM(UTC)
I'm gonna be honest I wouldn't like to see forza on PC, well because PC already has good racing games and xbox doesn't has any other proper racing game, anyway... I hope people arent getting hyped with this, yes it could mean big news, or not, this also doesn't mean tat its for Forza 6, it could be to horizon, but if this means something I'm gonna be honest I would prefer Rally over day and night cycle since Horizon 2 already has proper dirt physics, at least decent
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 4:35:37 PM(UTC)
All i know is, if T10 literally had to trademark this then that means something big is about to happen.

PARTYNEXTFLOOR all rights reserved©
#46 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:29:19 PM(UTC)
well MS is beta testing F2P Halo online for the PC in russia so maybe a F2P Forza online for the PC is in the pipeline
I 'm not fast
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:38:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CPU M Rossi Go to Quoted Post
well MS is beta testing F2P Halo online for the PC in russia so maybe a F2P Forza online for the PC is in the pipeline

Eh ... seems like a reach. But, I suppose anything is possible at this point.

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:08:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 9:36:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MCplayer92 Go to Quoted Post
I'm gonna be honest I wouldn't like to see forza on PC, well because PC already has good racing games and xbox doesn't has any other proper racing game, anyway... I hope people arent getting hyped with this, yes it could mean big news, or not, this also doesn't mean tat its for Forza 6, it could be to horizon, but if this means something I'm gonna be honest I would prefer Rally over day and night cycle since Horizon 2 already has proper dirt physics, at least decent

I would like to see Forza on PC, and iRacing and AC on Xbone. It ain't gonna happen for various reasons, but I'd like to see it.

As for the "Forzatech" thing... It's a game engine. Nothing to be excited about for the moment. No one outside of Microsoft knows anything about it yet, other than it's name and the name of the first game to use it.

And as for Rally, I'd like a stand alone Rally game. Bring back Rally Sport, or make Forza Rally Racing. I know Rally Sport wasn't very realistic, but it was a heap of fun. Add ForzaTech to the mix and make a Rally Racing game already. Between Turn 10 and Playground, FH1's rally expansion and the plethora of Rally cars appearing in FM and FH, you have all the pieces to make it happen.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2015 9:43:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:36:41 AM(UTC)
Found this yesterday while searching for Forza 6 news. It looks like "Forzatech" is a new T10 in house graphics and simulation engine. What any of that means, we won't know until they show it off at E3 which the article states. So it looks like Forza 6 will boast some new graphics(maybe day/night, weather) and possibly a newer physics engine to coincide.

http://segmentnext.com/2...-new-house-forza-engine/
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:42:01 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I updated the OP with Gamespot's clarification last week - segmentnext is just republishing Gamespot's story.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error