9 Pages<<6789PrevNext
#176 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:58:25 PM(UTC)
If you are on the Xbox One, go to "Settings" -> "Network." Make sure your NAT type is set to Open. If it's not open, that may be your issue.

A solution may be here:
http://support.xbox.com/...rking/nat-error-solution

I drive a Mustang. Your argument is invalid.
#177 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 12:19:28 AM(UTC)
Im can't connect to any online races.it will only play single player.its not my connection because i can play halo 5 beta no problem.ive had this trouble before on forza 5.untill my xbox broke.i took it back got a new xbox then everything was fine.why is only forza it seems to happen on.

#178 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 1:04:44 AM(UTC)
Cant connect to forza servers

Just started to happen after latest patch, which i didnt let the patch finsh completely as it said START NOW

Patch finished and could not connect, restarted game twice, same thing
#179 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:01:30 PM(UTC)
If your patch update failed you could delete the game and re-install it -- which will trigger the patches to download again.

It won't ruin your game saves, as I tried uninstalling / re-installing the game to fix my connection issues (which I still haven't been able to resolve).
#180 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:28:47 AM(UTC)
Any time I try to host a game or join a friend for the last couple weeks I keep getting a message after a long wait "You are unable to connect to the online session, check your connection and try again" but all of my other online games work fine. What should I do to try and fix it?
#181 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:21:37 PM(UTC)
Can't connect to online races. It says "Unable to join session. Please check your network settings." I purchased the game 3 days ago on disc. I have tested network setting - multiplayer connection etc and all fine. Have also tested online gaming with another game and have no issues connecting.
#182 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 10:39:25 AM(UTC)
Hi all, I feel your pain. Until very recently, I too had the same issue and could not connect to any online session in FH2. I studied this thread very carefully and spent a day trawling through all the suggections and advice, trying absolutely everything. I tried all the different settings on my router and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game without using the console for anything else until it was 100% complete. (How archaic!)

It appears this hasn't been referred to so far, so thought it might be worth mentioning, but a friend had said that getting fibre optic broadband would "solve all my problems." Whilst this should not be necessary, it was something I had been considering for a while anyway, so the Forza issue made me take the plunge. My "ultra broadband" connection became live late morning last Friday and the first thing I did was load up the game and try getting into an online session - it worked within seconds!!!

I am fortunate that a) I can afford the extra monthly expense of ultra broadband, and b) that I live in an area where it is an option.

I'm really not that technically savvy, so if what I've described is irrelevant, apologies. It would be interesting to know if any of you that have described your problems already have this technology. Otherwise, if you're considering upgrading your connection, I'd say GO FOR IT!

#183 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:08:32 PM(UTC)
This is crazy. All my other online games work. This one... Nope... Same error over and over again. "Unable to join session. Please check your network settings.". I am upgrading my internet, but this should not be a criteria to play this game. If GTA5 works online then this sure should. So frustrating.
#184 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:10:49 PM(UTC)
Purchased the game recently and still haven't been able to use the multi-player functions. Every time I try to join an online session I get the error message as follows, "Unable to join session. Please check your network connection and try again ."

All my other Xbox games work fine online so I don't understand why Forza Horizon 2 doesnt. I have tried using both a wired and wireless connection but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.
#185 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 2:01:09 PM(UTC)
today as of 2/9/2015 I still cant play online. with the same error message of unable to connect check your internet connection, I have open nat type and tested multiplayer connection and says its fine.
im very disappointed in turn 10 right now this one of there biggest title but I have faith that they will fix it.
 2 users liked this post.
#186 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:54:52 PM(UTC)
Ive been having this problem ever since I bought the game. I have never been able to play online and all my other games work just fine. I even had the demo before I bought the game and online didnt work then either. I get the unable to connect .check your network connection. Again my connection is perfect and works with all the other games without fail. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still no fix. Pretty aggravating. Some kinda input would be greatly appreciated. Will there ever be a fix or is it just how its gonna be till forza 6. Very very disappointed.
#187 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 6:20:34 PM(UTC)
I had this issue a number of months ago and then it just went away, then 4 days ago, I was racing online, everything was working just fine and my friends and I all got booted. They were able to jump right back in, but every single time I try to join I get the "unable to join session, please check your connection and try again". I have tried everything that I know of, I even called Microsoft support and the person I talked to there said that there is no reason that I shouldn't be able to connect, my connection is fine. I firmly believe that this is an issue on the server side.

I'm able to play every single other game that I have online just fine, but this one is driving me insane.

Tonight after re-installing the game I was finally able to join my friends in a private online lobby (I wasn't even able to do that before) but as soon as we tried to join an online road trip, I got the dreaded error and got booted, after that I couldn't even join their private lobby anymore.

Is anybody at Turn 10 listening??

I've sent emails to them and only got an automated response.

EDIT: I spoke a bit too soon. After I wrote this post, I tested all my games again and every game works fine EXCEPT Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5, so it is an issue with those 2 games. I know it's not a game played in the cloud issue as I can play Titanfall just fine. MY other games are Madden 15, NHL 2K15, GTA 5, COD AW, Dying Light. So you can see my connection is fine. It is something with Turn 10.

Edited by user Friday, February 13, 2015 7:27:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#188 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:26:00 AM(UTC)
Well I am relieved and upset at the same time. I would really like to play this game, as this and FM5 are the only games I can't play on the new console, and I have really been looking forward to both of them. I got the same "network" issue as the rest. I can get into a lobby at most for 30 seconds. Any new information on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
 2 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:34:37 PM(UTC)
I Got a Fix that actually did the trick. As many people have said they have been sent to support but got no help i'm surprised. The first guy at xbox support helped me figure it out.
What he had me do was make sure my nat was oprn. Then he had me go to my dns settings and add the google servers.
you enter. 8. 8. 8. 8 and the the secondary its 4.4.8.8 then save by hitting B. then you should be able to join. Hope this helps ya'll!
#190 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:56:28 AM(UTC)
Hello there everyone!:)

Ever since I bought Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One, I was never able to join online on my own. Like for example if I choose to find an Online Freeroam or Online Road Trip, it'll just say finding an online Freeroam/Road Trip session but will never load me into one. Instead it'll say unable to join session, please check your network connection and try again. My internet connection works fine, this issue only happens in FH2.

That being said, if a friend invites me to join online, it works just fine and joins me.

What seems to be the problem? I'm talking about months of trying. Lots of cold resets and all. It's becoming annoying depending on people to invite me so I can play online.

Thanks in advance!:)
#191 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:04:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheTitanKniight Go to Quoted Post
I Got a Fix that actually did the trick. As many people have said they have been sent to support but got no help i'm surprised. The first guy at xbox support helped me figure it out.
What he had me do was make sure my nat was oprn. Then he had me go to my dns settings and add the google servers.
you enter. 8. 8. 8. 8 and the the secondary its 4.4.8.8 then save by hitting B. then you should be able to join. Hope this helps ya'll!

Finally something actually works. Thanks bro!:)
*Correction*
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4
#192 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 6:50:48 PM(UTC)
I just solved my "unable to join session, please check internet connection and try again" problem! For me it was all about the IPSEC disabled. Search in your modem/router the option to turn it on something like "IPSec Pass Through", then try to connect one session.

Good Luck!

Edited by user Friday, April 3, 2015 6:53:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#193 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 12:52:29 AM(UTC)
Ok I think I found a solution for this problem, so far it works great for me:
I noticed that I'm connected wirelessly to my router, so I pulled out the ethernet cable from my pc which is next to the console, and plugged it in to the console, and suddenly I could join any online road trip/freeroam session I wanted without any problem! soon after that, I went to the close electronic store and bought a desktop switch, in my case it's the TP-LINK TL-SF1005D which comes with 5 ports.
I also got 2 more ethernet cables, one for the console and one for my pc, and I plugged first one (that I used for my pc) to the desktop swtich to port 1, the console to port 2 and the pc to port 3 (it doesn't really matter where you plug it in, as long everything is connected).

so basically what I've done was:

Router to Desktop Switch (port 1)
Desktop Switch to Console (port 2)
Desktop Switch to PC (port 3)

and that solved my problem :)

Hope it will solve others problem too :D
#194 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 1:54:39 PM(UTC)
Can someone tell me how to enable my IPSec ? There's no IPSec option in my routers settings, I have a Netgear dgn2200v3. Please help.
#195 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:57:59 AM(UTC)
Is there something wrong with the servers because my Xbox is telling me I have good multiplayer connection but across FH2 & FM5 I can't join a lobby online anymore because it says "Unable to join lobby. Check your network and try again later". Someone please help!
#196 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:00:00 PM(UTC)
still having problems, please fix this
#197 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:29:46 AM(UTC)
Getting the "profile cannot bet verified" error intermittently but often

Wireless Fibre broadband
NAT is open
IPSec pass through is enabled
#198 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2015 10:58:02 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, check previous posts - MM]

Unable to join session. Check your network connection and try again. i'm having that problem since yesterday. my Nat Type is open playing other games online no problem. and it seems that alot of people have that problem and that it is not been fixed yet, shame shame.

anyone else have this problem to join online sessions?

Edited by user Sunday, May 24, 2015 12:04:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#199 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 6:39:41 PM(UTC)
Hello first time poster here. I've been having this problem for months. I own 2 xbox ones.I tried to go online on Forza horizon 2 Digital copy with my gamertag and my brothers gamertag who brought the game. Online with forza horizon 2 does not work on either console, Same network. All my ports are open on both xbox ones. My internet speed is 115mbps download and 5mbps upload.I own an Asus 66u, My modem is strictly a modem does not give out a wifi connect, so i'm not double NAT. I've uninstalled the game and moved the game to the xbox internal HDD, Multiple hard resets. I have about 45+ games and online works fine (Halo, sunset overdrive, call of duty:AW, forza 5, titanfall etc..) I have contacted xbox support told me to post here. I tried playing online on forza horizon 2 while the xbox is hard wired directly to the router and aslo directly to the modem, I also tried it on both the 2.4 and 5GHz network bands.

EDIT: I have fixed the problem. I had to enable IPsec in my router settings,If any one has this problem make sure IPsec is enabled. On my router it was located under VPN/NAT passthrough. Online works great now.

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2015 10:27:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#200 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2015 6:43:12 PM(UTC)
I have to be honest right now... NINE MONTHS of posts and NOTHING from a cust rep. Worst support ever. I am tottaly disapointed. I got this to play with my friends and I cant. I will be complaining... I hope you guys fix this. Otherwise im done

9 Pages<<6789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error