4 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 11:35:51 AM(UTC)
FM5 stopped supporting multi monitor. Will this utility return in FM 6?

Edited by user Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:52:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:50:23 AM(UTC)
I really hope so. It is so hard playing forza 5 on a single screen after years of forza 3 and 4 on tripplescreen.
The worst part is they allready has it up and running on tripplescreen on dev kits :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbohYGUWjA

Edited by user Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:52:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:57:41 AM(UTC)
the xbox 1 is systems link capable so it is possible. halo mcc has systems link and halo 5 will have it. i guess its up to turn ten to put it in or not.

must be nice to be rich kell, maybe i should marry your daughter and move in with her dad. ;)
Rank: Series Champion
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:56:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
I really hope so. It is so hard playing forza 5 on a single screen after years of forza 3 and 4 on tripplescreen.
The worst part is they allready has it up and running on tripplescreen on dev kits :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbohYGUWjA


PC, not "dev kits".
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:24:09 PM(UTC)
dust when you say pc you mean windows. well guess whats coming to xbox later this year? right down to office. i wonder how many are going to tell their boss its ok to put it on the company account because they need it for "work"?
Rank: Series Champion
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:02:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rdo3 Go to Quoted Post
dust when you say pc you mean windows. well guess whats coming to xbox later this year? right down to office. i wonder how many are going to tell their boss its ok to put it on the company account because they need it for "work"?


Windows 10 and "universal apps" does not imply, nor infer, the same level of hardware and peripheral support. Xbox is still a walled garden.

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 3:13:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
I really hope so. It is so hard playing forza 5 on a single screen after years of forza 3 and 4 on tripplescreen.
The worst part is they allready has it up and running on tripplescreen on dev kits :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbohYGUWjA


PC, not "dev kits".


Turn 10 has stated many times that it was running on dev kits, you can even see them on some of the videos

Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 2:52:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
I really hope so. It is so hard playing forza 5 on a single screen after years of forza 3 and 4 on tripplescreen.
The worst part is they allready has it up and running on tripplescreen on dev kits :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbohYGUWjA


PC, not "dev kits".


Turn 10 has stated many times that it was running on dev kits, you can even see them on some of the videos



Smoke and mirrors. Im yet to see any triple screen video where the xbox is clearly displayed, let alone 3 of them. All reports Ive seen state there was only one console present, which would indicate its running on PC and the xbox is just "on for show".
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 5:09:41 PM(UTC)
not in forza on the one, but i think it can be done with call of duty ghosts. they just need to stick the code back in the game.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 9:16:05 PM(UTC)
Found on Youtube, looks really nice!
https://www.youtube.com/...mcVnN5UnWrXJ6m4eX-_iNek9
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:42:59 AM(UTC)
I've never played forza or any game on triple screen but recently I have been considering getting a triple screen. If Forza 6 supports it then it may sway me than way.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:43:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:04:56 AM(UTC)
You do realize you need three monitors, three Xbox Ones and potentially three copies of the game for that setup to work, right?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:15:14 PM(UTC)
Last year at E3, Turn10 showed a triple screen system with FM5, but it was just a tease as the Multiscreen option was never created for FM5.

Now Turn10 is back at this years E3 with another triple screen system showing FM6. Is this just another tease or is the Multiscreen feature going to be back in the Forza series?
Rank: On the Podium
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:44:42 PM(UTC)
Here come the post-E3 "false advertising" accusations ...
Rank: Racing Permit
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:52:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
You do realize you need three monitors, three Xbox Ones and potentially three copies of the game for that setup to work, right?


2 more Xbox One - $700
2 more screens - $400
2 more games - $120
Total: $1220

Might already own:
1 Steering wheel and pedals (force feedback) - $400
1 racing chair/stand - $100 to $500

Total: $500-$900

Grand Total: $1720-$2120

That's quite some cash right there.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:06:31 PM(UTC)
Unfortunately there are a lot of "glass is half empty" mind sets.

Mind you, I'm not so keen on the subdifuge and trickery used at events like E3. We all know that Dan is clean shaven yet he insists on wearing that glue on beard for public events. Who would have thought that developers would have gone to extra lengths to showcase their upcoming titles at the worlds biggest industry expo. I'm deeply shocked
Rank: Forza Staff
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:09:43 PM(UTC)
"We have a triple screen setup at E3, but that's a custom setup. The retail version will not support that."
Mechberg talking with the demo now: http://www.twitch.tv/expertzone_xbox/b/669656057

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:07:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:22:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ayepocalypse Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
You do realize you need three monitors, three Xbox Ones and potentially three copies of the game for that setup to work, right?


2 more Xbox One - $700
2 more screens - $400
2 more games - $120
Total: $1220

Might already own:
1 Steering wheel and pedals (force feedback) - $400
1 racing chair/stand - $100 to $500

Total: $500-$900

Grand Total: $1720-$2120

That's quite some cash right there.


Other things you may consider essential

Surround sound or AV receiver and speakers - $600
Monitor/TV stands (X3) - $366
Helmet and gloves because a sim isn't a sim unless you dress up - $250
Catheter because by the time you get everything working there's no way your getting out of the racing chair - $187.99 (don't ask me how I know)
Large ash tray - $8
Plastic beer glass with drinking straw - $9.99
Family pack of Snickers - €3.50
Subscription to dating website - €25pm

Hmmm! I think I'll stick to the single screen




Rank: D-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:31:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"We have a triple screen setup at E3, but that's a custom setup. The retail version will not support that."
Mechberg talking with the demo now: http://www.twitch.tv/expertzone_xbox/b/669656057


I was the one that asked that question. Gutted about the answer. Glad I know now at least and don't waste time and money figuring it was in because of that setup they are showing. I was going to buy a Xbox wheel or the hub. No need now.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:07:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:33:30 PM(UTC)
Here's an interesting thought however: Microsoft has touted PC gameplay of Xbox titles (including Forza Motorsport 6) through the power of Windows 10. So, theoretically, it could be possible to get triple-screen capability that way.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:42:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ayepocalypse Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
You do realize you need three monitors, three Xbox Ones and potentially three copies of the game for that setup to work, right?


2 more Xbox One - $700
2 more screens - $400
2 more games - $120
Total: $1220

Might already own:
1 Steering wheel and pedals (force feedback) - $400
1 racing chair/stand - $100 to $500

Total: $500-$900

Grand Total: $1720-$2120

That's quite some cash right there.

Damn, well there's still curved OLED TV'S!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:44:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:37:41 AM(UTC)
It seems a bit odd to add the core functionality of triple screen support purely for the E3 build, only to remove it in the retail version.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:23:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
Here's an interesting thought however: Microsoft has touted PC gameplay of Xbox titles (including Forza Motorsport 6) through the power of Windows 10. So, theoretically, it could be possible to get triple-screen capability that way.


Euh no. Just like Nvidia Shield, you will be able to STREAM games from your console to your PC using the power of Windows 10 and the new Smartglass App and whatnot.

Microsoft never said / confirmed that games from the Xbox will
a) natively play on a PC
b) streamed games will have enhanced/improved graphics or resolutions

Microsoft did however confirm
a) Xbox streaming to devices like tablets
b) crossplay certain titles between a PC and One like Fable Legends

Rank: Racing Permit
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:10:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FatnSlo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"We have a triple screen setup at E3, but that's a custom setup. The retail version will not support that."
Mechberg talking with the demo now: http://www.twitch.tv/expertzone_xbox/b/669656057


I was the one that asked that question. Gutted about the answer. Glad I know now at least and don't waste time and money figuring it was in because of that setup they are showing. I was going to buy a Xbox wheel or the hub. No need now.



Thanks a lot, FatnSlo, for asking that at the briefing and for bringing us the answer, I appreciate it.
Bad luck, I wanted this feature back.

It's strange... they did the most important effort to create the program to support multiple screens but only for E3... then they throw their work to the bin. They don't try to amortize it at all.
Sighh
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error