5 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:46:11 AM(UTC)
Just downloaded the update and noticed a new set of 15 bucket lists events are now ready to go - challenges that apparently are based on scores achieved by the development team. Subsequently, Turn 10 has published an article which you can find here.

To access these events, you need to go to the 'Progress' tab, select the 'Bucket List' tile and be sure to activate the third set of events, at which point you will be able to locate on the map.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:11:54 AM(UTC)
Also noted is that several of the cars used are DLC - but you don't need to own the DLC to run the challenges. I guess if all the car data is there from the updates anyway, may as well put it to use!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:13:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fastford16 Go to Quoted Post
Also noted is that several of the cars used are DLC - but you don't need to own the DLC to run the challenges. I guess if all the car data is there from the updates anyway, may as well put it to use!

That's definitely a smart way to tease DLC. =) Always liked how TDU2 did that back in the day.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:19:47 AM(UTC)
Anyone noticed that #11 says "Speed through Nice at 100 Mph in a G-Shock 370Z ´10"?

As a notorious "must have all extra and promo dlc cars" type of guy, I´m still curious where we can get that car.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:38:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:24:19 AM(UTC)
These new challenges are *not* easy!
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:28:59 AM(UTC)
@nyx You don't need to own the cars to take the challenges.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:30:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wrytch Go to Quoted Post
@nyx You don't need to own the cars to take the challenges.

I know, but I´d love to add it to my garage nonetheless.

#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:43:53 AM(UTC)
It's a great move to let people try out the DLC before making up a mind to buy them. Very good idea. They appear to be thinking about this very carefully. Well done Playground/Turn 10/Microsoft!
Now, let's see how much trouble i have doing these ones after the first lot cost me a good chunk of sanity on occasion!
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:46:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
It's a great move to let people try out the DLC before making up a mind to buy them. Very good idea. They appear to be thinking about this very carefully. Well done Playground/Turn 10/Microsoft!

True. But it seems that it won't be applicable for future DLC; so, I suppose this may be some sort of trial run.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:56:40 PM(UTC)
That G-Shock one was a pain, knocked the rest out. Ready for the next 15 :)
Every man is unwaveringly convinced he is both of two things: a sensational lover, and an unbeatable driver. No evidence to the contrary will ever convince him otherwise.
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:58:04 PM(UTC)
Done them all, wow some were super tough
Girl racers rule
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:22:01 PM(UTC)
I didn't actually find too many overly difficult, either I'm very skilled (Unlikely) or I got lucky :P

The M4 one took me the most attempts, AIs kept getting in the way
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:23:34 PM(UTC)
Yeah the M4 was tough, it was the damn traffic !
Girl racers rule
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:28:17 PM(UTC)
G_shock and 200 mph in a Hyuara are impossible...Traffic and turns make the challenge too hard...I gave up
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:30:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cajeel Go to Quoted Post
G_shock and 200 mph in a Hyuara are impossible...Traffic and turns make the challenge too hard...I gave up

In the Hyuara you just need to work out how to carry as much speed through the left hander as you are getting closer to the trap. Start wide, brake slighlty and turn keeping it as smooth as possible. When you are no longer at risk of running wide get back on the gas and stay there.
I blame the ants.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:35:45 PM(UTC)
tough but fun

Edited by user Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:57:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Girl racers rule
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:33:09 PM(UTC)
The M4 one is terribly easy ;)

just go the other way (downhill)

I'm naughty
Every man is unwaveringly convinced he is both of two things: a sensational lover, and an unbeatable driver. No evidence to the contrary will ever convince him otherwise.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/29/4753 5:46:11 PM(UTC)
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:03:58 PM(UTC)
Haven't been on today. How bad are these new ones? Should I just order a new controller now? Lol
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:26:25 PM(UTC)
I've tried the first 4 so far, the hardest one by far is that Mustang at the docks. I haven't beaten it yet, any tips?
Forza Faithful since FM4.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:47:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MikesTow1301 Go to Quoted Post
Haven't been on today. How bad are these new ones? Should I just order a new controller now? Lol

Yep. Look they are doable but most people seem to be finding one or two a little tough, at least as tough as the Lancia but for me the main issue was traffic rather than trees but I still have a few to do.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:57:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:49:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
I've tried the first 4 so far, the hardest one by far is that Mustang at the docks. I haven't beaten it yet, any tips?

Just like the Atom one, there is an open area to the west.. towards the row of round tanks. You can drift like crazy there, and there are cones that count as "wreckage"
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:03:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cajeel Go to Quoted Post

In the Hyuara you just need to work out how to carry as much speed through the left hander as you are getting closer to the trap. Start wide, brake slighlty and turn keeping it as smooth as possible. When you are no longer at risk of running wide get back on the gas and stay there.

Thanks, i'll give it a try

#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:31:23 PM(UTC)
The Huayra was just short of impossible. Finally got it at try #30 something. Maybe #40 something. You can't make ANY mistakes, and like SatNiteEduardo said, brake minimally. I'd really like to see a PG member do that. See if they really did hit 200mph in it, and if they did, what route. I got over 200mph in the McLaren P1 there, but I didn't take that route.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pick up a prescription of blood pressure pills I didn't need before I attempted this challenge.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:31:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Mistakes due to high blood pressure.

One of "The 50"
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:47:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post

Drift between the jumps, that way you keep up the skill chain. Also get the perk that allows a skill multiplier of 6.

#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:45:22 PM(UTC)
I don't think the Huarya challenge was as hard as some are making it.. you pretty much just go fast and take one turn correctly:

http://youtu.be/L6h10Mocjhw

EDIT: I can't help but wonder if those having trouble are using automatic transmission. There would be a shift right before the finish line if you do.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:49:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error