5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 11:30:11 AM(UTC)
This exact thing has happened to me today. I got the game (for Xbox One) this afternoon and have been playing it for several hours.

After finishing a race the game froze in a loading screen, so I quit from the dashboard and relaunched. When the game loaded up I was in a car meet in the blue BMW Z4 (which I didn't own prior to the freeze).

The one "Barn find" I had is still there and my driver level and cash remain, but all of my championship wins have disappeared along with ALL OF MY [Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed)] CARS.

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:07:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:06:47 PM(UTC)
I have the same problem!!! "After finishing a race the game froze in a loading screen, so I quit from the dashboard and relaunched. When the game loaded up I was in a car meet in the blue BMW Z4 (which I didn't own prior to the freeze)"

I think its a really BIG BUG!!!
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:12:16 PM(UTC)
Kinda makes me fearful to continue playing.

Really there should be an option to back up your save to usb or something.

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:12:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:18:34 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to restart your progress completely on Xbox One?

Since this has happened it won't allow me to enter any championships or continue the game at all. I'm basically stuck in free mode now.

On Xbox One you can't just delete game saves any more (which is stupid) and the Micosoft site says you have to do it through in-game menus but I've looked absolutely everywhere in the game and can't find an option to start over.

#30 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:20:25 PM(UTC)
Lost all my vinyl groups. Spent hours upon hours creating them. I'm steaming mad and doing my best to not make a hateful, angry rant thread.
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:21:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: senormidget Go to Quoted Post

Since this has happened it won't allow me to enter any championships or continue the game at all. I'm basically stuck in free mode now.

On Xbox One you can't just delete game saves any more (which is stupid) and the Micosoft site says you have to do it through in-game menus but I've looked absolutely everywhere in the game and can't find an option to start over.

At the dashboard highlight FH2 and push the list button. One of the options is manage game. Select it and on the far right hand side you will see "local data" which should only be your game save. Highlight it, push list, and delete.
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:21:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fresh fish 101 Go to Quoted Post
Lost all my vinyl groups. Spent hours upon hours creating them. I'm steaming mad and doing my best to not make a hateful, angry rant thread.

I stopped painting for the longest time when this happened to me on FM4 and haven't really gotten back into it since.
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:25:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

At the dashboard highlight FH2 and push the list button. One of the options is manage game. Select it and on the far right hand side you will see "local data" which should only be your game save. Highlight it, push list, and delete.

Thanks! That worked a treat.

I never would've found that, even after googling for 10 minutes I wasn't any closer. I wonder why stuff like this is so buried in the XB1 dashboard.
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:34:20 PM(UTC)

Thanks! That worked a treat.

I never would've found that, even after googling for 10 minutes I wasn't any closer. I wonder why stuff like this is so buried in the XB1 dashboard.

Because it was only made accessible due to customer demand. You were originally never supposed to see it and have access to it to 'increase the security of the console'.
#35 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 12:05:10 PM(UTC)
I Played the game for 2 days everything worked fine. then i go to play today and i got reset back to the very start
anybody know how i can get my stuff back
#36 Posted: : Monday, October 6, 2014 12:49:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fresh fish 101 Go to Quoted Post

oooh. Now that would definitely make me mad. Hm. Good composure there dude.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:58:17 PM(UTC)
I was playing the game then the next afternoon when i started the game it totally reset. The game saved my level and wristband and all my personal bests in speed traps and zones but im really fed up with this. I enjoy the so much but when something like this happens i dont wanna play anymore. Any help on how to get my stuff back? (cars,money,ect)
#38 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 4:59:16 AM(UTC)
Problem Forza Horizon 2 xbox one
All cars and upgrades and more lost

Problem all my cars i both in game are lost all upgrades for cars i made lost and many others.

What was on?

I take a weelspin push "A" for get it. suddenly the box make a horrible noise, and crached.

After the restart i sit in a other car the first i get (BMW) and all others are gone.

is it possible take a backup from 11.10.20014 the chrach was on 12.11.14 dd.mm.yy
#39 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 7:38:35 AM(UTC)
Hello. Just joined, didn't search for the topic. Merge if needed.

I booted up my Xbox One the other day to play some Horizon. Everything was gone. Well, not everything...I still have the $7 million sitting there. But that is it. My garage is empty, all of the Bucket Lists and boards are green, roads are not discovered, Championships that I've won show that I never entered them. Oh, and I went from first to last in my Club.

It's like I just started the game from scratch. If I remember correctly, I had close to 50% completion.

Sigh. Anyway everything just magically comes back? Anyone else experience this?

#40 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:44:56 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged. If you've seen an issue already reported, add to that thread instead of creating a new one. - MM]

A few days ago, I loaded FH2 after about 44 hours of previous play to find one car in my garage (about 175 gone), only one perk unlocked (after having unlocked all 25 previously), and some other stats zeroed out. I hit the feared bug that many others have.

Generally, this is very disappointing and erases most confidence I've had in Turn10, Xbox One, and Microsoft. Turn10 seems to be doing nothing for customers that have hit this. The latest title update hasn't restored anything in my save.

I've found FH2 to be quite buggy as it was clearly rushed to release prematurely. Other bugs I've hit include the un-smashable 1,000 XP bonus board, regular slow downs and intermittent freezes, distorted chat after resuming the console (same bug is in FM5), and general bugs that are at the Xbox One level in the Shell SysUI, such as achievement notifications that occasionally don't appear and a hang during initial loading of the game (or an un-dismissable controller disconnected message) which is apparently due to failure to obtain licensing information from the server.

Overall, this is a shame for the Forza franchise, Turn10, Xbox One, and Microsoft.

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:59:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:50:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: robsa Go to Quoted Post
distorted chat after resuming the console

Does the above mean that you have the console on "instant on" mode?

Obviously the console is advertised to work in that mode and therefore should.

However there have been enough issues arise that require cold reboots that I would suggest everyone change the console settings to "energy save mode".

This can not fix the past but will hopefully minimise future issues.
I blame the ants.
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:57:17 PM(UTC)
So if you go to My games & apps, highlight FH2, then hit the select of whatever this button is called and hit "Manage game", scroll all the way to the right, your saved data should be there.
Mine is there, 26MB currently. This means the saved data does save locally. (not sure about the whole cloud thing)

The question becomes how does the game select this or how to force the game to select it upon loading the game? It should automatically just pick it up.
But I guess this is the "bug" ??

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:58:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:06:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
So if you go to My games & apps, highlight FH2, then hit the select of whatever this button is called and hit "Manage game", scroll all the way to the right, your saved data should be there.
Mine is there, 26MB currently. This means the saved data does save locally. (not sure about the whole cloud thing)

The question becomes how does the game select this or how to force the game to select it upon loading the game? It should automatically just pick it up.
But I guess this is the "bug" ??

I suspect there may be issues in the saving process not the loading process.

When loading it checks if the local save matches the cloud save. If not it will ask you to choose the oldest or newest save.

If it has not asked you that quesiton it implies that the cloud and local save had the same details eg date and size etc. IF that is the case and something is missing it implies there was an issue when the game was last saved.

In Horizon 2 I am quite nervous. Reason being the save icon is always spinning during races. I don't know if it is really saving or not but the symbol is always there.
I blame the ants.
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:10:10 PM(UTC)
Yeah this makes me nervous as well. Someone mentioned in another thread that there is a "correct way to quit" the game, which is basically closing the app/game in the dashboard, sorta like task manager, don't know if this affects saves or not, but I do select "Quit" on anything I just used.

Kinda backwards if you ask me, I tweeted to Xbox and Major Nelson that there has to be a more efficient or better way to "quit" apps/games. No reply of course.

EDIT: Actually now that you mention it, when I played FM5 about 2 hours ago, it has been awhile, I did get some syncing message, it couldn't sync or something like that.
I hit "Try Again" and then it synced without issue.

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:14:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:13:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
Yeah this makes me nervous as well. Someone mentioned in another thread that there is a "correct way to quit" the game, which is basically closing the app/game in the dashboard, sorta like task manager, don't know if this affects saves or not, but I do select "Quit" on anything I just used.

Kinda backwards if you ask me, I tweeted to Xbox and Major Nelson that there has to be a more efficient or better way to "quit" apps/games. No reply of course.

That is it. Wait until the save icon disappears, press guide, press menu, select quit. It is not any different than an in game method. The keystrokes are virtually the same, just done outside the game.
I blame the ants.
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:45:42 PM(UTC)
To clarify, my saved game wasn't missing, but was corrupted in that 174 cars were removed (including barn finds), all perks were removed (there wasn't even one left as I said originally after I checked this again), championships completed were zeroed out in every hub. Despite this, other stats were still in tact such as total credits earned, total championships completed, and all of the discovery stats, I believe.

I tried deleting the local save and sync'ing the cloud one back, but nothing changed (others that hit this bug had the same result).

I do use resume mode on the console for its convenience and I usually don't put in the effort to quit the game cleanly. Either of these could have caused the corruption.

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:01:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:56:31 PM(UTC)
@SNE

That is assuming that the game is responding with a graceful and orderly shutdown when you select the dashboard game menu 'quit'. If that is not the case then it is functionally equivalent to 'force quit' on a Windows application. While game developers may be required to have their engines respond to dashboard directives, it is by no means a given that this works as seamlessly and reliably as it says in the design brief - particularly if there are in-progress calls to other OS environment sevices, such as data exchange with 'the cloud'.

As I said in another thread, there should be a quit option within the game itself which executes an orderly termination of all open threads, flushes caches, closes files, etc, etc, and verifies the integrity of synched cloud data.

The way it currently is done is imo just bad design.

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:01:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:00:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: robsa Go to Quoted Post

I do use resume mode on the console for its convenience and I usually don't put in the effort to quit the game cleanly. Either of these could have caused the corruption.

My post is not trying to blame you for the issue. Either the console, the game or the operating system are not behaving as advertised.

But I will repeat my earlier suggestion - change to energy save mode and always quit games cleanly.

I blame the ants.
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:36:25 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Code of Conduct: "constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to Turn 10 Administration via private e-mail, here: forzafb@microsoft.com" - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:21:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:05:09 PM(UTC)

I'd be curious if any other games are having similar issues. The problems of making everything go through the cloud and not remain on local storage.

Battlefield 4

It is possible in that game to lose your single player progress.
I blame the ants.
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error