9 Pages<<789Prev
#201 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 3:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wayne Tomlinson Go to Quoted Post
Nice focus mate, but there is only two for me and I have made them :)

No worries, your Focus designs are crazy cool. I'm just glad you like it haha. Maybe in the future you'll get a hankering to drift, and remember it's sitting over here. ;)

In other news, since I've jumped on the tons-of-in-progress-designs wagon, here is another teaser for a WIP I started earlier. Turns out I had about half of the needed stuff done already, so it will be less work that I was afraid it might be. Plus I just really love this picture. The flake looks awesome.

zwip by EaturFACE01, on Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:07:44 AM(UTC)
I think i know that Z if it stays that colour!

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#203 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:01:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eat ur FACE01 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again guys. Uploaded and shared as "blackbird." Hope you all enjoy it, it's pretty fun driving a stealth on the track lol.

Bonus update: Here is the rework of my Red Bull Focus that I mentioned in a previous post. The original was one of the first paints I did in FM5, so it was pretty bare. I liked the base color and the roughness of the logo work, so I kept most of it intact. Added some more contingency sponsors and layered more detail into the base. Then I added a bunch of bright blue to give it more of a gymkhana type feel. I wasn't really sure how much I liked it as I was working on it, but now that it's all together, it's actually really fun to use.

design name: rb focus

gym by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

gym2 by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

gym3 by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

Now's a bad time to be painting Focus's. Wayne's very territorial ;). Nice job with that one mate and it really gives off that Gymkhana feel. I dig it, not your average RedBull livery.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
#204 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:55:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ace Ventura PI Go to Quoted Post
Now's a bad time to be painting Focus's. Wayne's very territorial ;). Nice job with that one mate and it really gives off that Gymkhana feel. I dig it, not your average RedBull livery.

Poor Wayne. I hadn't even planned on doing this one, to be honest. I messed with the rim color after applying a tune, which unshared the original design - so I figured I may as well brush it up some while it was down. I'll just have to make sure I keep any future designs strictly on the Fiesta. ;D

Edited by user Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:56:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#205 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:05:03 AM(UTC)
I ain't bothered who paints what lol I just mean I have two personal favourites lol them being the crabbies and airwaves. So feel free to paint what you like lol people miss understanding makes trouble lol ;)

GT: Wayne Tomlinson
Replica/Original Painter
#206 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:56:33 PM(UTC)
I ain't bothered who paints what lol I just mean I have two personal favourites lol them being the crabbies and airwaves. So feel free to paint what you like lol people miss understanding makes trouble lol ;)

No worries~ All in a good days' jokes, I hope no one actually thought we were serious. :(

I do actually have a couple of Fiesta paints lined up eventually anyways, so I found it funny. Probably could have been more clear about that I suppose. Either way they are quite a long ways off from (if ever) happening.

Just too much stuff and too many paints going on. .___.

And then Destiny comes out next week. Ugh.

Edited by user Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:57:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#207 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:30:29 PM(UTC)
That focus looks great mate. Nice stuff
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!
#208 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 4:17:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eat ur FACE01 Go to Quoted Post

No worries~ All in a good days' jokes, I hope no one actually thought we were serious. :(

I do actually have a couple of Fiesta paints lined up eventually anyways, so I found it funny. Probably could have been more clear about that I suppose. Either way they are quite a long ways off from (if ever) happening.

Just too much stuff and too many paints going on. .___.

And then Destiny comes out next week. Ugh.

Oh I got a lot of games due to arrive soon too lol

Replica/Original Painter
 1 user liked this post.
#209 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 10:12:20 AM(UTC)
Not normaly a fan of red bull cars but that ones very cool
#210 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:01:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRUSE2382 Go to Quoted Post
Not normaly a fan of red bull cars but that ones very cool

Thanks Cruse, I try to make them interesting.

I have the Fairlady finished, but now my laptop's on the fritz so no pics. Ordered a new power cord that will hopefully fix the problem. Will update when I can.
 1 user liked this post.
#211 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:34:59 AM(UTC)
Great work as usual mate! :)

Can't wait to see that Fairlady Z!
#212 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:53:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG CURTIS Go to Quoted Post
Great work as usual mate! :)

Can't wait to see that Fairlady Z!

+1 😊

Replica/Original Painter
#213 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:40:29 AM(UTC)
You guys are in luck! Power cord showed up right on time when it was supposed to - and that means picture updates.

To understand what this car means to me, I feel like it helps to know my backstory of the Forza games. If you don't like stories, feel free to skip to them~

I really only played Forza casually up until the end of 3. In the original, it was my first real exposure to a game full of road courses after EA had left the golden days of Nascar games behind them to "innovate" in the new ones. I had always had a piqued interest in the right-handers. Watkins Glen had always been a favorite in those games, and was and remains one of my favorite stops on the circuit. It was a learning curve to be sure, but within the first hour I was hopelessly hooked.

When FM2 came out, I instantly loved the car on the cover. The 350z was always one of my affordable-dream cars, and The racing style lay over the bright obtrusive orange just resonated on all the right levels. In FM2 I only ever worried about buying the next car though (still as a casual player), and the most paint a car ever saw was perhaps a pinstripe or some two-toning. Then the FM3 demo rolled around, and after posting high ranking lap times in two of the three class options, I ended spending the large majority of my time doing the career and going fast. I had started college and didn't have the time to sink into it that I would have before. My paint designs took a step forward in that they became full designs, but still very limited in actual sponsor decals or custom lettering. Those skills were still a pipe dream.

Fast forward two years and FM4 was released. This was right in the middle of my college career, and I had even less time than in the previous installment. I loved the driving in it but after doing a portion of the career mode, it got shelved while I played other new games during my limited time. Then the ultimate edition was released, and two springs ago (2013) my friend picked it up and got me into the online racing aspect (finally, right?). While he didn't keep playing long, it got me back into the game. The last ~5 months before the XOne came out, FM4 barely left my console. I had finally worked up the nerve to try some painting out and was getting more and more adventurous with it, but replica paints were still out of reach in my mind.

Fast forward to now. Painting is 90% of what I have done in FM5, as much as I love the track/car selection and the way it drives. If the game is on, I'm in the booth (otherwise I'm on a different game lol). After many paints, I finally am over the pressure of doing a replica (though often prefer to do originals anyways) - and when my Z needed a paint, the FM2 Z was the obvious choice. After I couldn't find a good version already made using the (admittedly pretty terrible) search feature, I buckled down and made my own.

So here it is: the Forza Motorsport 2 350z Hero car in all it's awesomeness:

2003 Nissan 350z
design name: forza 2 350z

fm2z by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

fm2z2 by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

fm2z3 by EaturFACE01, on Flickr

Hope you guys like it as much as I do.

P.S: the rims are what they are because of a Holty tune that I installed on it, not necessarily by personal preference to match the paint. the tune is awesome though, so I don't care. ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:49:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#214 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:07:30 PM(UTC)
Very Clean mate! I don't race the 350Z much (Or any car for that matter as I'm always painting lol) but I will grab this Livery!
#215 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:09:04 AM(UTC)
Nissan looks great mate 👍 takes me back to the day when the game was at it's best for me 😉

Replica/Original Painter
#216 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 4:44:56 AM(UTC)
that Z is very very nice mate top stuff !!!
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error