This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:05:07 AM(UTC)
I think they should have connected garages whereas the cars in your garage in other for a games, I.e. forza 5, you can drive from day one in the new horizon. If they are going to integrate the data from the drivatars and use those as racers why can't we have our cars. Clearly the cars are going to exist in the new horizon and more I think it should be considered what about you?
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:47:34 PM(UTC)
I feel that would be cheating yourself out of enjoying the game - a sense of progression is lost if you have a whole garage loaded up for you from the beginning. To each their own; however, this is just my two cents.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:32:18 PM(UTC)
I agree. I personally think it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable. I already get tired of the cars I have and constantly am removing or redesigning them. If I had my previous cars already loaded then I'd probably get tired of the game as a whole. Maybe in multiplayer or only after you beat the campaign then it might be cool. Otherwise please no.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:10:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
I feel that would be cheating yourself out of enjoying the game - a sense of progression is lost if you have a whole garage loaded up for you from the beginning. To each their own; however, this is just my two cents.

I'd disagree, it would be great in my opinion. If I could connect my garage, I'd be very happy. I simply don't have the time anymore to invest to get the top cars, and with what they did in Forza 5 has been great, and should continue in future titles. And connecting the garages between games, would be the ultimate quantum leap in Next Gen gaming. I'm all for it.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:44:39 PM(UTC)
I'm in the camp that says "If you come into the game with a fully stocked garage, what is the point?"

AX
#6 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 12:41:42 AM(UTC)
No need. There is a Forza Rewards system that keeps track of your progression through out the franchise and you can redeem free stuff to start your game.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 2:17:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blu Koi Go to Quoted Post
I agree. I personally think it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable. I already get tired of the cars I have and constantly am removing or redesigning them. If I had my previous cars already loaded then I'd probably get tired of the game as a whole. Maybe in multiplayer or only after you beat the campaign then it might be cool. Otherwise please no.

bad idea, why buy a game which you have already completed.
#8 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 2:20:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gin and Juice45 Go to Quoted Post

Not sure I get your meaning, or maybe you don't get mine. I said that there shouldn't be connected garages because it defeats the purpose of playing the game; or that they should connect only after beating the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 2:53:34 PM(UTC)
Connected garage could be cool. It would definitely make spending money on DLC car packs more palatable.
And above all else we don't ever, ever let them get into cars.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:21:55 AM(UTC)
DLC car packs for Forza are quite cheap. Check out the DLC prices for Mechwarrior Online where you can easily spend $30 or more for a single hero mech. I heard the term "hero" car and balked for a minute because hero mechs in MWO are purchase only cars that come with an income boost. Hopefully Forza doesn't follow this model.

Having a full garage unlock would make things WAY too easy, but I wouldn't mind a transfer of 2 or 3 "chosen" favorite cars from the older games to begin the new one.

-k
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:41:49 PM(UTC)
Well it seems what most people get upset about are the more costly options like VIP and Season Pass which are each $50. Then each DLC has a wide range of dissimilar cars, so even if you only really want 1 kind of car, older model pony cars for instance, then you have to get all the DLC packs because they seem to have one or another in each or every other pack. It would be different if they released them like The Nissan DLC Pack and The Lamborghini DLC pack, etc, or The '80s Muscle DLC Pack. They could have each car in multiple packs to make it easier for people to get some DLC that's more satisfying. And if they download a pack which contains a car they've already bought in a different pack then they can get some tokens in it's place.

I agree that in and of themselves they're not expensive, only like $5-10 a month, if that, but it adds up over time.

But I like the idea of being able to move over a starting car, like connecting one A class instead of making a brand new one, if only for a sense of continuity and familiarity. But because of the different physics engines they might not even drive the same anyway, so maybe that just defeats the purpose.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:59:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gin and Juice45 Go to Quoted Post

Not sure I get your meaning, or maybe you don't get mine. I said that there shouldn't be connected garages because it defeats the purpose of playing the game; or that they should connect only after beating the game.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person, i agree with you.
#13 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 12:01:42 PM(UTC)
might as well just continue playing fm5 if you want the cars you already have. horizon 2 would be awfully boring if you started with every car you already own
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 1:28:11 PM(UTC)
I'm so confused why people are even questioning this, it's a new game so why wouldn't you want to start with absolutely everything thing new especially your car, also transferring over expensive lambo's etc is pointless it's something I would like to achieve in this new game also transferring lower class cars just to start the game is pointless as well because they will probably have most of the same cars anyway so it won't take you long to get the car in the game through using credits or what ever, also agree with the cars are probably going to feel/drive differently so I doubt they will bother with all the hassle just so people can drive there old cars, I'm bored with all my cars on the forza games not so much on 5 but I can feel my self getting bored of that now so even if it's the same car in the new game it's going to be standard and feel new so I can start modifying it which is what I want

Basically just buy your cars in the new game and make them even better than they where while testing them in some huge map, if there not in this new game then there's clearly a reason.......... **** car

Edited by user Monday, July 7, 2014 1:31:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:38:51 PM(UTC)
You should use the wishlist thread rather than creating a new topic.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:13:23 PM(UTC)
I would say about connecting 5-10 cars from FM5 or being able to connect some cars that aren't in the game yet (or not mentioned yet)for example the lamb diablo or miura,reventon/murcielargo sv,skyline r34 gtr,supra rz,RX7 FD.
(Oo\SKYLINE/oO)-BNR34
(OO\SKYLINE/OO)-BCNR33
(O-O\SKYLINE/O-O)-BNR32

Notification

Icon
Error