8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:20:09 PM(UTC)
Welcome to the new Forzamotorsport.net Forums!

This thread is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the forums and the world of Forza - click on a question in this opening post to jump to the answer. Before asking a question on the forums, please be sure to use the Search feature to find existing threads on the same topic. Also keep an eye on the News page and Forzamotorsport's Twitter and Facebook accounts for official game announcements.

NEW FORUMS AND SITE MENU NAVIGATION
What are the Terms of Service (TOS) for Forzamotorsport.net?
How do I get to the Forza Rewards page?
Where can I find My Discussions and topics I've clicked as Favorite?
Where can I find my Likes?
What is the difference between “Quick Reply” and “Post Reply”?
Where can I find my pictures that I uploaded from the game?
How do I view someone else's photo gallery?
How do I contact Turn 10?

OLD FORUMS
Where are the old forums?

GENERAL POSTING TROUBLESHOOTING
If I was banned from the old forums can I post on the new forums?
Why can't I log in? (error messages etc)
Why are my posts taking so long to appear on the forums?
How long does it take to get off Moderation?
Where can I find a list of forum Moderators?
Why was my thread locked?
Where did my post go? It was there and now it's not in My Topics.

FORUMS DISPLAY
My game score and/or year of joining and/or rank is not showing correctly, what do I do?
The fonts on the forum look all broken/fuzzy/scraggly, how do I fix it?
Can I change the background color, font color, or font size on the forum?
What does the "Tier:" and "Forza Total" information under my gamerpic refer to?
What determines my Rank?
How can I change the order of posts within a thread from oldest first to newest first?
That globe icon button next to the Sign Out link - what does it do?
Where can I submit suggestions for changes to the forum display and features?

HOW-TO: POSTING
How do I add a signature to my posts?
How do I post a picture?
How do I add a link?
How do I link to an individual post instead of the whole thread?
How do I quote a post from a different thread?
How do I multiquote?

GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS
Why was I banned in (one of the Forza games)? How do I get unbanned?
How do I get a unicorn? (and other unicorn questions)
Where can I find a list of the game versions and DLC add-ons?
Where can I find a changelog of installed content updates?
Where do I report bugs?
How do I report crashers and cheaters?
How do I join a club?
How do I participate in Photo/Livery contests?
How do I tune a car to perform better?
How do I earn credits faster?

FORZA REWARDS
How do Rewards work?
I clicked on Redeem but the page just shows my previously redeemed Rewards - when are the new ones coming?
I clicked on Redeem but nothing showed up in my game.
Why isn't Forza Rewards updating my points based on my activity?
Can I redeem the next tier rewards in the same month if I level up?
I lost my Reward cars due to xyz, how can I redeem them again to get them back?
_

Edited by user Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:55:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: globe icon, Favorites, Likes

4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:47:56 PM(UTC)
TERMS OF SERVICE, MODERATION, AND USER ACCOUNT QUESTIONS

What are the Terms of Use for forzamotorsport.net?
By logging into Forzamotorsport.net's forums, you agree to abide by these terms, conditions, and guidelines: FM.net Code of Conduct and Forums Terms of Use, which provides links to the Xbox.com Service Agreement, the Xbox Live Terms of Use, and the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. Please make sure you have read all of these documents.

I tried to log in and got an error message.
If you are attempting to log in with an account that isn't associated with an Xbox Live account, you may see the message "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RETRIEVING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM XBOX LIVE. PLEASE SIGN OUT AND TRY AGAIN. MAKE SURE TO GIVE FORZA MOTORSPORT PERMISSION TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION." Go to Xbox.com, try to log in, and agree to the Terms, then come back to FM.net and try to log in again. If you are having other problems logging into FM.net, try logging out of Xbox.com and clearing cache and cookies, log into Xbox.com, and then log into FM.net.

If I was banned from the old forums can I post on the new forums?
Forum user account history carries over from the old forums to the new forums. Please review the Code of Conduct linked above for FM.net Moderation Policy.

Why are my posts taking so long to appear on the forums?
New users are under Moderated status automatically to review their posts for compliance with the Code of Conduct before the posts can appear on the forums. The review and approval of moderated posts is a manual process and may take some time, so please be patient and do not post duplicates. Please review the Code of Conduct linked above for FM.net Moderation Policy.

How long does it take to get off Moderation?
User account review is a manual process with no specific status change date. Your patience is appreciated. After a time of productive participation in the forums, the Moderated Status may be removed from your account and your posts will appear on the forums immediately when you post them.

Why was my thread locked?
Where did my post go? It was there and now it's not in My Topics.
In some cases Moderators may remove posts, lock threads, or take other actions related to the forum Code of Conduct. Per the Code of Conduct, "All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, and membership issues are made by Turn 10 and its forum admins are final."

Where can I find a list of forum Moderators?
See the Code of Conduct for a list of current forum Moderators. Moderators can be identified by their Rank shown in each post.

How can I contact Turn 10?
You can contact the developers by emailing forzafb@microsoft.com. Due to the volume of email received, you may not receive an individual response, but all emails are read.

Why was I banned in (one of the Forza games). How do I get unbanned?
You may not discuss the rules and regulations of this board, title-specific suspensions, or Xbox enforcement on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by EMAIL ONLY to Turn 10. You can contact the developers by emailing forzafb@microsoft.com. Due to the volume of email received, you may not receive an individual response, but all emails are read. Be sure you familiarize yourself with Xbox Live's Terms as well: http://enforcement.xbox.com/

_____

Edited by user Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:33:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:08:07 PM(UTC)
OLD AND NEW FORUM SITE NAVIGATION QUESTIONS

Where are the old forums?
The old forums were briefly given legacy read-only access in January 2014 but have since been removed to focus on the new forums.

Where can I find My Discussions? Where are my Favorites?
My Discussions - the list of threads you've posted in - is now called User Topics. Click the My Topics link on the upper right side of the FM.net forum page. There you will see Active Topics (threads with recent activity from all users), User Topics (threads you've posted in), and Favorite Topics (threads in which you've pressed the red Favorite button).

Where can I find my Likes?
In the lower right corner of each post you have the option to click "Like". You can find a list of the posts you've Liked by clicking on My Settings and then View Likes under the Personal Profile section. View Likes will show both posts you've liked and the posts you've made that have been liked by the community.

How do I get to the Forza Rewards page?
At the top of the forum page, there is a heading that is called “Rewards”. Select “Redeem Reward” from the drop down menu if you want to get to your rewards. You can also “Compare Friends” and look at the “Overview”. See also the Forza Rewards FAQ thread in the News Discussion forum.

Where can I get my pictures that I uploaded in the game? How can I see someone else's Gallery?
At the top of the forum page, there is a heading that says “Community”. Select “Gallery” from the drop down menu. You can view and download your Forza in-game photos from there. Change the gamertag at the end to see someone else's pictures.

FM.net Site Pages
Found in the dropdown menus along the top of the FM.net site:
Games - Overview, Features, Cars, Tracks, and Media for games since Forza Motorsport 4.
Community
- News - Turn 10 articles (Week in Review, Rear View Mirror, Heavy Metal Affliction) and announcements.
- Forums - News & Events discussion forums containing the TOS, Forza Rewards FAQ, and Photo and Livery contest threads, Forza title forums with photo, livery, and tuning discussion forums for each title, and Miscellaneous forums for general gaming, off topic, and automotive discussion.
- Gallery - Your “Gallery of Forza in-game photos and videos.
Rewards - Links to an Overview of your Forza Rewards progress, the Redeem page to collect your rewards, and Friends Compare to see how your progress compares to others.
Store - Links to buy the games and game add-ons (DLC). The branded merchandise store has since been removed.

My Settings - Private Messages, Personal Profile, your forum Likes, Signature, and your Account post count and member date.
My Inbox - Your Inbox is where you can communicate with other forum users via private message. These messages are not tied to messages over Xbox Live.
My Topics - Active Topics, User Topics (threads you've posted in), and Favorite Topics with icon legend
_____

Edited by user Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:58:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:51:13 PM(UTC)
NEW FORUMS DISPLAY QUESTIONS

My game score and/or year of joining and/or rank is not showing correctly, what do I do?
This is a known issue. If this happens, it should only be temporary. Check back later and these details will probably have corrected. You an also try logging out of FM.net and Xbox.com and then logging back into FM.net to see if the display is reset.

What does the "Tier:" and "Forza Total" information under my gamerpic refer to?
Tier refers to your current Forza Rewards Tier, which is determined by your Forza Rewards points (the number next to Forza Total). See also the Forza Rewards FAQ in the News Discussion forum, and the Forza Rewards announcement article for information about the program.

What determines my Rank?
The Rank title under your gamer info box in the forums is determined by your total FM.net forum post count over the life of your account. Forum Rank is unrelated to VIP membership status or progress within Forza games. New Forum Ranks:
  • Driver's Permit
  • Driver's License
  • Racing Permit
  • D-Class Racing License
  • C-Class Racing License
  • B-Class Racing License
  • A-Class Racing License
  • S-Class Racing License
  • R-Class Racing License
  • X-Class Racing License
  • On the Podium
  • Series Champion
  • Racing Legend

The fonts on the forum look all broken/fuzzy/scraggly, how do I fix it?
Users visiting the forums on a Windows XP device may not have the Segoe UI font installed, and the forum text may appear jagged. Segoe UI is added with the installation of Windows Live Messenger (part of Windows Essential) and Windows Live Mail, which may be found on download sites for free.

Can I change the background color, font color, or font size on the forum?
Currently the display settings are fixed, though you may be able to change your browser's view zoom factor.

How can I change the order of posts in a thread from oldest first to newest first?
Currently this display option is not available.

That globe icon button next to Sign Out - what does it do?
If you click the button you'll see an empty Notifications popup. This may be used in the future.

Please remember that signatures do need to follow the forum TOS rules, and will be removed if they do not. Maximum dimensions are 480x115 pixels. Go to “My Settings” listed above the forum tabs, under “Personal Profile” select “Signature”. Fill in provided box with text or the link to your signature. You can preview it, and/or save it. Your signature should then appear.

Where can I submit suggestions for changes to the forum display and features?
You're invited to post your comments in the New Forums Wish List. This doesn’t mean that all wishes will be granted, but we would like to hear your feedback about your experience, what should be added, or what things are giving you problems. Forza game wishes should be directed to their appropriate threads.

Edited by user Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:12:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:03:15 PM(UTC)
HOW-TO POSTING QUESTIONS

How do I post a picture?
  • To post a picture you've taken in a Forza game, first go to your FM.net Gallery, click on the photo to display it, and right-click on the photo to save the image to your computer. Next, upload the photo to a hosting site like Flickr and use that url to post your photo in the forums. (Please do not link directly to the fm.net GetPhoto url as this stresses the server).
  • In the forums, either Create a Topic or Post Reply to an existing topic, click the Insert Image button in the message formatting menu bar, and paste the copied url in the link box. You can choose to add an image description (or not) which will appear when users cursor over the photo. This will place the url and description within the {img=} and {/img} (using square brackets) tags into your message (which can also be typed without using the Insert Image button). Picture links without a .png or similar recognized image file extension may not be displayed properly. Pictures are automatically resized to fit within the forums regardless of their source size. Picture content must comply with the forums TOS
  • See also tips on photography in Forza and this guide on posting photos.

What is the difference between “Quick Reply” and “Post Reply”?
With Reply to post, you will get the menu button options to bold, underline, add bullets, etc. With a Quick Reply, it is exactly that – “Quick”. Simply type your answer and then post it. You won’t have all the formatting button options when doing the Quick Reply, but you can type in the formatting tags around text in your message.

How do I add a link?
You can add a link to a post in two ways. The first is to paste a url directly in the message - when you press Post the full address will automatically be converted to a link (long addresses may be shortened, but you'll still see the http:// portion). The second way is to Create a topic or Reply (not a Quick Reply), type the name of how you want the link to eventually look ("Xbox.com"), drag your cursor over that text, and press the Create Link button on the Message formatting bar. Enter your url and a hover-over description if you wish, and when you press Post the code will convert the text to a link, like this: Xbox.com

How do I link a specific post instead of the whole thread?
A number appears in front of each post, corresponding to what number the post is in the thread. (It looks something like this. i.e. #2 Posted: 10 minutes ago). Right click the #number on the post you wish to link to, the properties window will come up, copy the URL (copy link address). Either paste it directly to your message, or you can select text in a message, press the Insert Link button in the message formatting menu bar, and copy the url into the field to make the text into a link (such as the name of the thread, being shorter than the full post url).

How do I quote a post from a different thread?
On the lower right of each post is a Quote button which creates a reply quoting that post. The quoted text will be bookended by the {quote=} and{/quote} (using square brackets) tags with the original gamertag and post number. Copy that text, cancel the reply, and paste it into the actual post you would like to make. Make sure any additional text you put in the message is placed after the {/quote} tag. Please do not quote extremely long posts in full.

How do I multiquote?
Choose all posts you want to quote with the Multi-Quote tick box and then just click one of the message Quote buttons.

Please remember that signatures do need to follow the forum TOS rules, and will be removed if they do not. Maximum dimensions are 480x115 pixels. Go to “My Settings” listed above the forum tabs, under “Personal Profile” select “Signature”. Fill in provided box with text or the link to your signature. You can preview it, and/or save it. Your signature should then appear.
_

Edited by user Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:13:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:13:18 AM(UTC)
GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS

Why was I banned in (one of the Forza games)? How do I get unbanned?
See this question in the Moderation section of this thread.

How do I get a Unicorn car? (and other unicorn questions)
Unicorn distribution for Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport 4 has ended. Forza Motorsport 6 and future games may have contest opportunities to earn unicorns which may be found in the Community Events forum and News announcements.

Where can I find a list of the game versions and DLC add-ons?
You can find discussion threads describing game content in the specific game discussion forums, links on the Store page, and in articles on the News page.

Where can I find a changelog of installed content updates?
Look for discussion about content update details in the specific game discussion forums and in articles on the News page.

Where do I report bugs?
The best place to report what you think is a bug or a glitch in a game is to email the developers at forzafb@microsoft.com. Note that some 'bugs' are actually just the way the game was designed (such as bonus factors ending after a certain level). If you've noticed it, someone else probably has too, so seek out an existing thread in the relevant game discussion thread and add your details to it rather than starting a new thread just for your own situation.

How do I report crashers and cheaters?
Unfortunately, griefing happens in multiplayer games. Follow the Xbox Live policies of reporting players for bad behavior. You can also report it by email to forzafb@microsoft.com. Naming and shaming on the forums is not allowed.

How do I join a club?
Use the Racers Lounge subforums for seeking out and recruiting for clubs in each game.

How do I participate in Photo/Livery contests?
Official Photo and Livery contests for each game can be found in the Community Events forum. These contests come with prizes and official recognition within the games. You may also find user-created friendly competitions in the Media Center and Paint Booth subforums for each game.

How do I tune a car to perform better?
Look for a Tuning Guide thread and other threads discussing tuning tips in the Tuning Marketplace subforums for each game.

How do I earn credits faster?
There are a variety of strategies for earning credits, cars, bonuses, and other assets in each game. Look for that discussion in the discussion forums for each game.

Edited by user Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:04:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:16:05 AM(UTC)
FORZA REWARDS QUESTIONS

How do Forza Rewards work?
Forza Rewards is a loyalty reward program that provides weekly in-game gifts to your Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport series gamesaves based on your lifetime activity in Forza titles. Points determine your Tier which determines your Rewards. See the Forza Rewards announcement article and Forza Rewards FAQ for an overview, and use the Rewards menu at the top of the forum page to see your progress, redeem rewards, and compare your activity with your friends.

I clicked on Redeem but the page just shows my previously redeemed Rewards - when are the new ones coming?
Rewards are typically cycled on Fridays but may on occasion be delayed a day or two. Give it some time and come back again.

I clicked on Redeem but nothing showed up in my game.
It may take some hours for gift messages to appear - see the Rewards FAQ. You must download the gift message from your in-game Message Center for gifts to appear in your game. If no message appeared after you've redeemed rewards, or you've downloaded the message and the gift is still missing from your game, send your details to forzafb@microsoft.com so they can investigate. Keep an eye on the game forums and the Rewards FAQ to see if others are experiencing the same issue.

Why isn't Forza Rewards updating my points based on my activity/purchases?
It may take some hours for Rewards points to update based on activity and purchases - see the Rewards FAQ. If it's been a week without updates, send your details to forzafb@microsoft.com so they can investigate. Keep an eye on the game forums and the Rewards FAQ to see if others are experiencing the same issue.

Can I redeem the next tier rewards in the same time period if I level up?
See the Rewards FAQ.

I lost my Reward cars due to [xyz], how can I redeem them again to get them back?
See the Rewards FAQ - you can only Redeem a Tier's rewards for a specific period (weekly, etc) once, and only within that period.
_

Edited by user Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:08:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:31:50 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:00:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:32:04 AM(UTC)
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 06, 2014 10:35:19 AM(UTC)
For some reason, when I click on "My Topics", I no longer get that set of forum discussions. Instead, I get exactly the same set of forum discussions that I get when I click "Active Topics". I've lost some good functionality - somehow??? Does anyone know how or why this might be happening??? Am I alone???

thanks
I'll Never Grow Up
'15 C7 Full on Frontal
Forza is for the days I'm not on Track
PM to find out how to join me
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 08, 2014 12:29:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - trolling and defaming. check your PMs when available. - MM]
Off topic but could someone tell me what the little yellow guy behind bars at the bottom of the users name means?

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 08, 2014 12:34:23 PM(UTC)
If you hover over the little animated guy behind bars you'll see the length of the user account's suspension. Keep in mind that they won't be able to respond to posts during this period.

Notification

Icon
Error