This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 12:12:42 PM(UTC)
In September I'm going to be somewhere where there are no local game stores or anything, but I've always gotten the Forza Limited Editions. I know Horizon 2 will have a LCE based on the fine print in the trailer, but I'm wondering if there will be a digital version on the Xbox Store by that time. Thanks!
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:22:52 PM(UTC)
The hard copy of the LCE hasn't been officially announced, yet - much less a digital copy. Just keep "tuned" to these forums as we get closer to September.
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:27:30 PM(UTC)
That's for Turn10 to know and us to find out.
They are pushing day one digital releases more where you can download the game early to be able to play it when it releases. So there is no doubt that they could have a digital LCE version.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:17:44 AM(UTC)
We'll find out in time.

However, I'm pretty certain we will see a digital limited edition (if a limited edition is released) on the Xbox One game store as there's things like:

Tomb Raider: definitive Edition
Dead Rising 3 premium edition
CoD Ghost Gold edition.

Now those aren't exactly collectors editions are they? However, here's one that made me think it will happen...

CoD Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition

If they do it with CoD I think they'll do it with FH2 because they can make more off it as digital versions cost more... for some reason.
If I don't reply it's because this forum is terrible for tracking topics I've posted in.
#5 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 9:45:57 PM(UTC)
Don't really care for "Limited Definitive Hardened Gold GOTY" editions; as long as I can get the usual perks from being VIP and possibly able to buy the online on day 1, I'm happy.
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2014 12:12:43 PM(UTC)
It would be nice to have the option of a digital LCE as Best Buy was almost a week late shipping my LCE of Forza 5
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 1:36:56 AM(UTC)
If nothing else you can just prepay in full at GameStop for the Limited Edition and call Gamestop right around release that you can't pick it up for a while. I did that with D3 collectors edition and they held mine for a month.
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 1:39:10 AM(UTC)
If there is a digital version I'd like to pre-order it in advance so I can cancel my disc order. The only discs I want to swap are Blu-rays.
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:32:55 AM(UTC)
What is the point of a digital limited edition? There's no steelbook, or other things that may be thrown in. It's just another way of disguising day one DLC isn't it?
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 5:50:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
In September I'm going to be somewhere where there are no local game stores or anything, but I've always gotten the Forza Limited Editions. I know Horizon 2 will have a LCE based on the fine print in the trailer, but I'm wondering if there will be a digital version on the Xbox Store by that time. Thanks!

Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
What is the point of a digital limited edition? There's no steelbook, or other things that may be thrown in. It's just another way of disguising day one DLC isn't it?

Because there are usually extra cars at launch of the game. It gives you the VIP pass and the day one edition as well as the extra cars. For Forza 5 I purchased the digital edition and the limited edition. Used the code and sold LE game as standard to a friend with the adjusted price.every game I have is digital as I like not having to change discs at all. I will purchase the LE version for any and every Forza game they make.
#11 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 12:29:05 AM(UTC)
I have no issue with you buying the LE version of the game. It's just with past Forza's you've always got a nice steelbook case at the least. With Forza 4 you got that nice book and stickers, and with Forza 3 you got a keyring and USB stick which i still use now. Forza 2 I think was the driving techniques book. It's only recently with Horizon and Forza 5 that they've dropped the actual merchandise. That's what stopped me getting the Forza 5 LE. I felt the Horizon one wasn't worth the money, and this one probably won't be, but i'll wait and see. But that's even with the steelbook, without it, it's just expensive DLC to me, and extra £20 for 5 DLC cars and some tokens? No thankyou. But that's just my opinion. You are free to buy whatever you wish! lol

Notification

Icon
Error