This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:57:28 PM(UTC)
There'll be no tokens in Horizon 2. Good move!

http://www.joystiq.com/2...microtransaction-tokens/
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:49:43 AM(UTC)
"The system would only return to the game after it was observed Forza Horizon 2’s in-game economy was working exactly as anticipated, said Greenawalt."

Not going to be any at launch apparently, but they're placing the foundation for the return.
I would race you, but a dog ate my station wagon.
Who's on first?
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:24:25 AM(UTC)
I think if enough people are vocal about it, then they won't return. Here's hoping! lol
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:25:00 AM(UTC)
Hope this applies to the 360 as well.
We are not hearing a lot about how that will work !!
Being made by another company normally means we won't be getting the same thing
Keep it on the Black stuff.
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:14:31 AM(UTC)
It's not like they were ever required to play and/or complete Forza Motorsport 5. Most of the griping came from those who didn't want to play the game and, instead, just wanted instant credits.
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:10:42 AM(UTC)
I personally don't care at all. I only used tokens in FM5 when I got them free. I never purchased any more and have won plenty of credits by leveling up as a VIP player. So, if FH2 does add the token system back in, I still won't use it. Of course, I realize some people have more to do with their spare time than play a video game to grind out 1,000,000 credits to buy that classic exotic race car from the 1960's, so I'm not judging anyone who would rather spend $1-2 real money for it.

I drive a Mustang. Your argument is invalid.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:47:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
It's not like they were ever required to play and/or complete Forza Motorsport 5. Most of the griping came from those who didn't want to play the game and, instead, just wanted instant credits.

That is weird because if you want ALL achievements on FM5, you actually need to buy DLC; most recently the Ford Transit Van for trying to get a time of less than 10 minutes on Nurburgring.
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:24:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post

That is weird because if you want ALL achievements on FM5, you actually need to buy DLC; most recently the Ford Transit Van for trying to get a time of less than 10 minutes on Nurburgring.

You can still complete the game without paying anything or is achievements the measuring stick for completing games?
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:01:03 AM(UTC)
My feeling is more that any kind of microtransactions are bad. They may start of small, but if people use them, they will get bigger due to the usual corporate greed creeping in. Starting off with noe is great. I've never had to use them myself. The ones i got free are still sitting on my account. It's easy enough to get credits, a little too easy. But once microtransactions creep in they permeate. who's to say in a couple of games time, they don't have tokens for buying extra special unicorns, or engine parts. I know it's not been stated and there is no intent to do it right now. But the more games that use MT, the more corporate suits will try and wring every last penny out of them. Microtransactions should not be allowed in full priced games as far as i'm concerned as it's a slippery slope. If people don't have time to grind they can use freeplay. That's what it's for. For those of us who want to invest time and effort, there is career mode, rivals etc. If people are playing rivals only for example, they should be making enough credits to buy the necessary car/parts. So tokens aren't necessary, but they are a grim portent for some future practices dicatated not by developers or gamers, but by corporate suits who only see the bottom line and nothing else. That is where it becomes a serious issue for gaming.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:17:55 AM(UTC)
I don't really understand the problem with the tokens. They weren't really that helpful, because every time you level up you get 35,000 or 70,000 credits, dependent on if you are a VIP player. It's incredibly easy to earn money. Use the Rewards system. And if you just want to paint cars but not race, buy tokens. They don't intrude on gameplay or give players an advantage over those who don't purchase them. It doesn't give you a better tuning ability or painting ability and certainly doesn't help your driving. It's overall just pointless and a stupid grudge that really shouldn't get people mad.

If it's a transaction that you don't even need to worry about if you don't want to and just an extra way that the company building the wonderful game YOU WANT TO PLAY can earn a little extra cash on the side considering everyone thinks these games can be built in a day and should give all content that were worked hard on for free away. $60 per game isn't really all that much, especially when you have a publisher that takes about 40% of that away.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but really? If this is the biggest thing to complain about with Forza, then it must be an amazing game because I actually completely forgot about the whole micro-transaction implementation because it sits on the side out of sight, out of mind.

Edited by user Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:19:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:21:27 AM(UTC)
I personally don't care if they're in or not, since they're optional in Forza 5 anyway. I'll never understand the rants about things they have a choice about using, or not using. It isn't like they are forcing you to use them.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:28:57 AM(UTC)
I don't think MTs are going to be a problem in FH2,they said car will be easy to get,you buy one and don't care for it you will be able to get another fairly quickly,at least thats what i took from one of the IGN articles.
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:23:11 AM(UTC)
How about not including a 50 dollar season pass? There's no way in the world 200+ cars, an open world and countless races/missions/ modes can be 60/50 dollars but yet include a season pass for almost the same amount for just cars. I know it isn't required to get, all i'm asking is they cut it down price wise.

i'm assuming there will be one considering the last 3 had em.
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:43:29 PM(UTC)
The Tombola seems to have made it to single player?

Happy days
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:07:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post

You can still complete the game without paying anything or is achievements the measuring stick for completing games?

Some people are completionists. Some people are even hoarders of games. Getting all achievements then can be quite costly if you would need to shell out another $100 to $200 for DLC on top of the 10 or 12 games you bought that year.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:15:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
There'll be no tokens in Horizon 2. Good move!

http://www.joystiq.com/2...microtransaction-tokens/

It's not good. It's neutral. Tokens didn't affect my gameplay. No player ever had to buy tokens or felt that they needed to. Tokens weren't a negative.
Still I Rise
#17 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 4:38:19 AM(UTC)
They should get rid of microtransactions and instead raise the price of the core game.

✔ Verified Moderator

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 4:53:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
They should get rid of microtransactions and instead raise the price of the core game.

With all due respect but hell no...

A preorder for FH2 on Amazon US is $59.99. A preorder for FH2 on Game.co.uk is 50GBP. The difference? $26 in favor of America. Other European countries get/have even worse prices; retail games get listed for 70 Euros in Dutch stores which equals $94.

Why not give us 2 flavors?

A comprehensive high-priced game with absolute transparency of what DLC will be included and for which period
A comprehensive low-priced game with a list of "minimum expected DLC costs" for the same period as the high-priced game

At least people have a choice in advance without the added surprise of "suddenly" needing to shell out another $60 for a Season Pass or $3/car to compete in certain online events.
#19 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 6:33:57 AM(UTC)

pretty much.
i mean sometimes having to buy those really cool/fun cars was annoying but i never felt burdened by it.
its a good idea and if people get sucked into it thats fun, more money for the people i want to make more games
#20 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 4:35:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

Hey! Quiet, you! I can barely afford new games as it is. They don't need to raise the prices.

I drive a Mustang. Your argument is invalid.
#21 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 7:06:44 PM(UTC)
Yep micro transaction craze is getting scary. don't mind some good DLC, but paying to get to next level or to buy parts would be ridiculous. You see it creeping into the mobile games. Have to wait this long to log to next level or you can pay now.
And above all else we don't ever, ever let them get into cars.
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:22:51 PM(UTC)
Honestly don't care if they are there or not. In FH they really never affected anything, if you just played through the game you basically got everything through in-game currency but it's cool there's none at all for the players that get tempted to buy that stuff and it will be a even playing level for everyone at launch.
#23 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 1:05:20 AM(UTC)
EA is the worst and call of duty. Now everyone expects to have to pay more to get the full game. I get tired of paying 60$ and getting a half done game. I hate that forza is following the same path
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#24 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 2:20:23 AM(UTC)
I never use them anyway, there or not
Girl racers rule

Notification

Icon
Error