2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:59:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stryth2142 Go to Quoted Post
I already own every car and don't feel like I have overdone my playtime.

I felt like it was too easy to get every car compared to previous games.

You do? Then please feel free to gift drop some to Stryth2142, pal. :D

I would if I could.

I'm pretty sure you can gift drop to specific players at the barn find spots. It gives the option of new players, returning players, or a specific player.

#27 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 3:08:27 AM(UTC)
I get way too many cars way too often. What I would prefer is new prizes such as an FE Skill.

What is an FE skill?

It would be a skill that you can add to any car that turns it into an FE car... goes faster etc. Your little car logo turns pink like the other FE cars.

Now once applied it stays applied so that you can also sell it in auction for a high price. So now the Auction is also improved.

Just ideas like that need adding to the game. I mean if you have 200 cars then 200 FE skills takes time to build up. So the auction house becomes valuable to you. The FE cars would be allowed to use in events giving you an advantage. Lots of things change from this one idea.

So PG come up with new ideas!
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 3:09:19 AM(UTC)

I would if I could.

I'm pretty sure you can gift drop to specific players at the barn find spots. It gives the option of new players, returning players, or a specific player.

I checked, you can't. I could have sworn it gave the option to send it to someone specific before. Ahh well. Thanks anyways, pal.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 4:03:38 AM(UTC)

I would if I could.

I checked, you can't. I could have sworn it gave the option to send it to someone specific before. Ahh well. Thanks anyways, pal.

I think this was a feature just for the Christmas thing to unlock the Peel P50.

You Got That Angle? | FH4 | FH5
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 4:28:02 AM(UTC)
And how is it not constructive criticism? It's as constructive as I can be, when I feel I'm being taken advantage of. If you pay for something, you're quite entitled to expect to get what you paid for. The reward system on Forza 5 needs looking at. Plain and simple.

I'm not arguing or anything as I agree the Rewards system needs looking at (the trial this week has a Super Wheelspin as a reward!!). But the bit I highlighted: You paid for a game and you got a, mostly working, game...whether you got what you expected doesn't really factor in when considering if you've been taken advantage of. If the game simply won't work or works but is completely unplayable, then that would be a different story. You could argue that you were misled when buying the game as certain features were not working properly at launch.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:35:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
And how is it not constructive criticism? It's as constructive as I can be, when I feel I'm being taken advantage of. If you pay for something, you're quite entitled to expect to get what you paid for. The reward system on Forza 5 needs looking at. Plain and simple.

I'm not arguing or anything as I agree the Rewards system needs looking at (the trial this week has a Super Wheelspin as a reward!!). But the bit I highlighted: You paid for a game and you got a, mostly working, game...whether you got what you expected doesn't really factor in when considering if you've been taken advantage of. If the game simply won't work or works but is completely unplayable, then that would be a different story. You could argue that you were misled when buying the game as certain features were not working properly at launch.

Without being sarcastic. One Super Wheelspin for arguably the most difficult part of every season? Big deal. You're missing my point entirely. The reward system in FH4 was fine and I seriously doubt I'm a alone in thinking that the developers in this game are going to see their plan for longevity backfire on them by slowly drawing out any worthwhile rewards.

The Super Wheelspins and Wheelspins need looking at too, as far as rewards go. They remind me of a roulette table. It's tilted and at least for me, the ones I've had have yielded absolutely nothing worth keeping. One time is bad luck, twice, maybe still bad luck. Three times? Coincidence? But consecutively happening repeatedly? That my friend, is a tilted table.

As people have already said, the servers are wearing thin with actual players, you're surrounded by NPC's driving around with players usernames, so there IS a drop off in players and the game is still in its infancy. I'm tossing it out there, that the grievances I have with the game after you've done the storylines is why.

#32 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:06:54 AM(UTC)

The Super Wheelspins and Wheelspins need looking at too, as far as rewards go. They remind me of a roulette table. It's tilted and at least for me, the ones I've had have yielded absolutely nothing worth keeping. One time is bad luck, twice, maybe still bad luck. Three times? Coincidence? But consecutively happening repeatedly? That my friend, is a tilted table.

I got the last car in the car collection when I reached prestige 2 or lv 500. At that moment I looked at the Accolade for purchasing 400 cars from AS/Car Collection. The number showed was 140/400. In those 140 cars that I bought were also Supras and Caymans that I bought for Super farming. Every other car came from WS/SWS,Accolades,Festival Rewards and DLC.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:18:02 AM(UTC)
Im still waiting when they decide to fix that broken/cheating AI in some race types, great example is this season cross-road with Jeep Trailcat, those sprint are almost unbelievable hard/next to impossible to finish on 1st place, i just wanna playing championships with fun and not rolling eyes and facepalming how AI ignores everything
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:19:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STR3LA Go to Quoted Post

I got the last car in the car collection when I reached prestige 2 or lv 500. At that moment I looked at the Accolade for purchasing 400 cars from AS/Car Collection. The number showed was 140/400. In those 140 cars that I bought were also Supras and Caymans that I bought for Super farming. Every other car came from WS/SWS,Accolades,Festival Rewards and DLC.

I get what you're saying, but I'm thinking you're in the minority, dude. I have about 140 cars I think, but honestly, most of them aren't worth the time the developers put into making them. Maybe I'll take a break for a bit and see what happens, the game is still really buggy at the minute and there are a multitude of reasons why you could have had better luck with WS/SWS than me. I'm not kidding, 95% of the time, I get an emote, a horn or a pointless piece of clothing.

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:20:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:54:55 AM(UTC)

I get what you're saying, but I'm thinking you're in the minority, dude. I have about 140 cars I think, but honestly, most of them aren't worth the time the developers put into making them. Maybe I'll take a break for a bit and see what happens, the game is still really buggy at the minute and there are a multitude of reasons why you could have had better luck with WS/SWS than me. I'm not kidding, 95% of the time, I get an emote, a horn or a pointless piece of clothing.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not the only one that think WS in FH5 are scripted in a way to favorite cars that you don't own when a car is a prize. You will still get duplicates, but the more you spin the more you will notice it's somehow scripted. I got many 10M or more expensive cars in FH5 from WS. In FH4 I saw/got a 10M car maybe five times in 1000 or more WS.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 10:05:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STR3LA Go to Quoted Post

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not the only one that think WS in FH5 are scripted in a way to favorite cars that you don't own when a car is a prize. You will still get duplicates, but the more you spin the more you will notice it's somehow scripted. I got many 10M or more expensive cars in FH5 from WS. In FH4 I saw/got a 10M car maybe five times in 1000 or more WS.

I don't even know why the wheelspins give you duplicates in the first place. It's easy to program them out.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:08:16 PM(UTC)
TBH:- this is a "living" game. It provides us updated new challenges every week.
Not a whole lot of games provide new content to enjoy on a weekly basis. Maybe every 6 or more months, you get to download a DLC.
So, personally, I appreciate the weekly challenge events. Some are not as great as others, but what I may not enjoy, another person may have a great time doing them.
Yep, after story mode, the game gets a bit repetitive, so I find ways of keeping it entertaining.
The Rival leader boards are totally broken with hackers, so I race to be #1 on my own team / friend rivals board. Investing the time to find the best car with my best tune for a specific race, is very satisfying when I can get that #1 position.
When doing the trial challenges, I take the time to invest in seeing how many different cars I get tuned to be a top competitor in the races. I challenge myself and it also helps me to grow in my ability to tune a car more effectively.

So, what i am saying is, the game is limited in what it can do and provide. But the game itself is very enjoyable. You just need to maybe be a little more creative in finding ways to have more fun with it.

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:10:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:41:12 PM(UTC)
The initial storyline and the chapters were fun, but after you get past that and you're waiting for the weekly's, the game takes a nose dive. Surely the devs realise we play the game to accumulate cars as
rewards for doing 9 races? Does anyone really care about the huge magnitude of 'saying's you get to use with Anna? Also, where are the SUPER wheelspins? Devs, please stop being tight fisted. Put more cars as rewards and give us more Super Wheelspins, like Forza Horizon 4 has. This week, I'm not going to even bother trying to accumulate the 25 points for a good car.

Lastly, we have to spend 4million credits for the Bugatti Blower to gain points? Are you serious? Also, you made a mistake with the dates the cars were made. On the Festival Playlist, it says the 1931 4.5ltr Bugatti Blower and in the Autostore, it's listed as being made in 1930.

Seriously devs. Stop phoning it in and start giving fans more for the effort you want us to put in and keep your coffers full of our money. We deserve it, it's what we pay for.

Cheers.

Stryth2142

I don't mind throwing credits your way to buy a Bentley if you need some.
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:30:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post
The initial storyline and the chapters were fun, but after you get past that and you're waiting for the weekly's, the game takes a nose dive. Surely the devs realise we play the game to accumulate cars as
rewards for doing 9 races? Does anyone really care about the huge magnitude of 'saying's you get to use with Anna? Also, where are the SUPER wheelspins? Devs, please stop being tight fisted. Put more cars as rewards and give us more Super Wheelspins, like Forza Horizon 4 has. This week, I'm not going to even bother trying to accumulate the 25 points for a good car.

Lastly, we have to spend 4million credits for the Bugatti Blower to gain points? Are you serious? Also, you made a mistake with the dates the cars were made. On the Festival Playlist, it says the 1931 4.5ltr Bugatti Blower and in the Autostore, it's listed as being made in 1930.

Seriously devs. Stop phoning it in and start giving fans more for the effort you want us to put in and keep your coffers full of our money. We deserve it, it's what we pay for.

Cheers.

Stryth2142

If it's possible to do that, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:07:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: anonyyymous Go to Quoted Post
I think FH5 has leaned too heavily towards a simulator

I have a lot of thoughts about Forza around this so don't take it personally that I quote you for reference.

I wouldn't say simulator/realistic as much as nuanced, difficult perhaps. Falloff grip, grip when sliding, is low, so locked tires struggle to recover. One-wheel-peels are hard to pedal out of. Practically any oversteer is slower than not...particularly on dirt, where if a car has enough power to spin the tires, it will need to be pedaled to not lose grip because the falloff grip on dirt is even low... but on pavement too, this is still not realistic; a slightly oversteering car IRL has more grip than not, only it heats and wear tires quickly.

...Some believe that a considerable amount of grip loss from slides/wheelspin stems from temperature buildup.. IRL, slightly spinning tires have more grip than locked (braking) tires, and even than gripping tires. In Forza, any wheelspin grips less than none, so you can't really pedal on the edge of grip...

There's a texture on all offroad surfaces, now including dirt trails as well (RWD in Dirt, and Dirt in general, is worse than FH4 imo) that causes suspensions not heavily overdamped in rebound to stack to the moon. I've never seen anything like it and it is not realistic.

Originally Posted by: AS Ryvm Go to Quoted Post
At the absurd rate they already hand out cars via wheelspins and the autoshow, placing cars as weekly rewards would defeat the purpose of car collection and it's longevity.

Of course they would skew the rewards heavily towards minor pointless attainment as this keeps you playing longer and more importantly "waiting" for the exclusive cars. The fact players are now treating the game as a car collection experience is a telling sign of inadequate content and a poor game, end of story.

I think the rate we get cars and wheelspins etc is not a problem.

What is a problem is people's desire to play the game because it gets boring and people are waiting for the next bug to hit.

I'm overwhelmed at the number of cars I have, to build, tune and race. I've built over 200, tuned over 100, yet,

I can barely make it into road MP races. I'm sick of CC, and dirt too, tbh. Nothing against S2 but I have just over 20 S2 builds, vs nearly 200 S1/A/B class cars... Have enjoyed some C and D class, wouldn't mind seeing a C or D-class Horizon Open circuit tour....especially if they think I want to drive B cross-country.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:29:34 PM(UTC)
If this was a simulation of cars in real life everyone would be dead.
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 5:10:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Surely one can drive a hypercar going 480km/h onto a ramp and fly for 800 meters through the air and land fine without injury or damage to the car??? :D

#43 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 12:09:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post

Cheers.

Stryth2142

If it's possible to do that, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

I replied to your DM. 👍
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:25:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTijger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Surely one can drive a hypercar going 480km/h onto a ramp and fly for 800 meters through the air and land fine without injury or damage to the car??? :D

Maybe that's why they added all the prosthetics? To be slightly more realistic in terms of the kinds of injuries most of these drivers would have?

On an unrelated topic, now I have a desire to launch a hypercar off a ramp in BeamNG.DRIVE.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error