7 Pages<<567Prev
#151 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 11:30:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Constin Oddity Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DChaps66 Go to Quoted Post
Is there any trick to getting these challenges to complete or is it just luck? I have hit 197.21 mph in the Dodge Viper '99 at Calle Principal and still no points.

Barn finds don't work even if they're the right category, it happened to me on other daily challenges previously so I know to avoid them this week.

I don't think that's the case, I used a barn find in a danger sign challenge last week just fine.

Constin Oddity, often restarting the game or doing another activity first will make it work. It's kind of random, though.

Last week's danger sign with the muscle car was the one I did with a barn find and didn't work. I gave up using that after repeating it multiple times, didn't try restarting the game though.

1 user liked this post.
#152 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:58:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thedarksyde31 Go to Quoted Post
Just bought 3 cars and of course the task didn't complete. Obviously not surprised. This game is an a...olute failure.

You need to buy 3 cars from the collector's screen. I bought 3 Honda cars for 20,000 each. The auction house and autoshow didn't work for me, but, buying from the collector's screen - worked. Choose a car and press Y button to buy.
I bought:
2007 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R
1994 HONDA PRELUDE SI
1991 HONDA CR-X SIR

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 3:37:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I do not know English very well, so I apologize in advance for any errors
#153 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 4:59:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Next to C 600 dirt racing with reasonably priced cars, so something cheap. While there realized that now vintage tires are useless for dirt, so offroad tires it is.
Morris Minor 1000, tune - 631 103 316

This is a perfect example, why to me the game is broken in its current state. I used your Morris with the settings to give the championship a last ditch try. Not a chance. They leave me behind at the start (as is custom in Forza), but while I can hang on for the first round, getting clean racing skills, making few if no mistakes, I never get the chance to pass them. So, I gave up and will not touch the championships until the "highly skilled" drivatars are not unbeatable anymore. It has been the same with almost all other championships so far.

I might not be the perfect driver, but I easily won almost everything in Forza Horizon 4 over the past three years, so I think I do know a little bit about how the game should work. In its current state the championships are poor frustration, unless you are a total hardcore player or your system behaves differently. My rig is pretty fast (i7, RTX 3800, 500Mbit).

I am SO disappointed about this game release.

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:15:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#154 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:49:45 AM(UTC)
@GrafDresche
Huh idk, I was able to get into the lead well before first lap ended in all 3 races, without bumping into anything/anyone. Even repeated the championship 3 times, to farm unbeatable dirt accolade. Also felt this championship was the easiest in series.
Maybe I also have such specific driving style, as I drive with keyboard, auto gearbox, with A B S on and never used driving/braking line .

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:52:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Anti Lock Brakes is censored lol

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#155 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:57:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GrafDresche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Next to C 600 dirt racing with reasonably priced cars, so something cheap. While there realized that now vintage tires are useless for dirt, so offroad tires it is.
Morris Minor 1000, tune - 631 103 316

This is a perfect example, why to me the game is broken in its current state. I used your Morris with the settings to give the championship a last ditch try. Not a chance. They leave me behind at the start (as is custom in Forza), but while I can hang on for the first round, getting clean racing skills, making few if no mistakes, I never get the chance to pass them. So, I gave up and will not touch the championships until the "highly skilled" drivatars are not unbeatable anymore. It has been the same with almost all other championships so far.

I might not be the perfect driver, but I easily won almost everything in Forza Horizon 4 over the past three years, so I think I do know a little bit about how the game should work. In its current state the championships are poor frustration, unless you are a total hardcore player or your system behaves differently. My rig is pretty fast (i7, RTX 3800, 500Mbit).

I am SO disappointed about this game release.

This is strange. What is your normal difficulty? HS should be rather easy if you don't have bad luck. Try different tunings, because every tuning has different AI.
#156 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:17:51 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I guess, some sort of "luck" or randomized behavior of the drivatars is part of (or maybe exactly) the problem.

If the system behaved consistently, the above Morris tune should at least give me a chance, but even without bumping into anything, they simply outrun me ever so slightly, until they are gone. The only chance to get back near them is my better driving at bends and corners, but as soon as it goes straight, they take off. Has been like that with almost all championships since FH5 came out.

Of course, I can try different cars and tunings and that does indeed affect the drivatars, but it is pure random for me and should not be the case. Trial and error is tedious and expensive. I use my Xbox Elite Controller on a fast PC and an XBox One X - the results might vary a bit, but I dont stand a chance, and it is a chore, no fun challenge. The steering setup might help or hinder, but it should not make such a big difference.

I hope they patch this in the next season.

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:18:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error