6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 4:39:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vantage98 Go to Quoted Post
So many cars sound better now. It's really a huge improvement... except, what the actual frick happened with BMW? There's the obvious M3 E46 sounding like the 350Z issue. But pretty much all of the modern ones sound bad too aside from the M4s and maybe the M2. Back in FH3 and FH4, the M5 F10, M6, X6M and M5 F90 all sounded the same. Good, because they all use a 4.4L V8 Biturbo. Maybe the F90 should've sounded a bit more aggressive as it's newer and more powerful but whatever.

Well, in FH5, all four of these cars sound completely different to each other. None of them sounded like they did in previous games, number one. Number two, none of them sound good. The M6 with a stock exhaust sounds... idek how anyone would think a BMW sounds like that... it sounds like a Mustang. It sounds awful. One of the custom exhausts gets it to sound a little bit like a 4.4 but it still sounds too harsh. The M5 F10, which is the same exact car, same engine, same exhaust system, same platform, sounds completely different. And all of its exhaust options sound different to any of the M6's as well. And this one you cannot get it to sound like a 4.4. The X6M... that car's wheelspin exclusive. All that work to get my hands on that car only for it to sound like some generic SUV, doesn't even sound like any BMW engine at all. Sounds like a Cayenne. The M5 F90... no exhaust option changes the sound at all. And the sound is terrible. Sounds like it's underwater. Doesn't sound like a V8 either, more like a 4 cylinder.

All of this is mind boggling considering all of the Audis sound accurate. I mean even the 2013 R8 has a different V10 sound to the 2016 R8 as it should. And the RS6 V10, an old sort of filler car sounds like a biturbo V10, no cut and paste and it's totally accurate. The AMGs, no cut and paste 6.2L V8 sounds, everything sounds accurate and is consistent. So... BMW? I have no clue what happened, but all I can enjoy from them is the M5 E60, the 1M, the M2 and a few of the older cars. They had to mess up somewhere I guess.

Also I forgot, what is with that nerve racking transmission whistle. Even on some stock cars. It sounds terrible. And then the turbo sounds. Some cars need em, some don't. Just because a car has a turbo doesn't mean you can hear it. You can on a 911 Turbo, you can't on a BMW M5. Like... that should be obvious.

My views on BMWs... Almost everything is lower pitched than reality and some cars like the E46 M3 are completely wrong.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#127 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 10:25:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Look how they massacred my boy, the E46 M3...

Oh god. This was one of my favourite sport cars... and i cant drive it anymore. Same with others.. there are so many awful sounds out there... but yet still people say that sounds are better? i dont get it lol.
this FH5 is a complete disaster.

Yep, they ruined the 918 and P1 sound from what I know, haven't driven all that many cars so far. The 918 sounded the BEST in FM6 and FH3, and this is the worst version ever. As for the P1, they've never been able to get that signature raw and metallic exhaust tone right or the turbo whoosh and blow-off valve effect. Play Assetto Corsa - 100% in line with the actual P1 and 918!

Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: oTrelosGreek Go to Quoted Post
yeah exterior sounds are super quiet

If you have surround sound the cars behind you are louder than your own car.

Which is weird, since the cars behind you have their exhausts pointing backward and not towards your backside, hahaha!!

It would make sense to make them loud if they were right next to you or in front... but man, there are always some really weird sound stage design choices in their game. All in all, I'm happy they at least worked harder this time to make the cars sound powerful and accurate to their real-life counterparts. Well, most if not all.

Looking forward to improvements over the next few months.

Edited by user Monday, November 22, 2021 10:28:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#128 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 12:02:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CX Music Go to Quoted Post
Don't get me wrong, I totally love how PGG worked so hard to improve the overall sound quality and most cars do sound miles better. But what happened with the Porsche 918? Somehow it just sounds too flat and powerless.

Also, some car engine sounds are swapped to the wrong car.

Honestly, I think most cars sound better with the stock exhaust and airbox. It's not that the audio after mods is worse QUALITY, but for some reason stock usually has a deeper more muffled note. Race exhaust gives a higher pitch not that has much less depth. TV speakers just can't give proper exhaust tones, but stock usually has more of a hollow resonance like it's actually echoing in the pipes, race exhaust loses the resonating echo. Race usually has a nice cackle, but it doesn't have that deep, metallic echo like it should. It almost sounds like the sound is just coming straight from the car, instead of traveling through a pipe.

Overall though, even though stock usually has more of a resonation, there is a distinct lack of bass in all exhaust, and usually doesn't sound loud enough compared to the balancing of other audio. They get the actual pitch and details right on a lot of stuff, it just sounds like they need more depth and volume to it. Maybe they think it would be annoying/overpowering if it was properly balanced with the sound mix, although they don't have any issue with making the heavy wind/rain sounds feel like they are going to blow my ear drums.

It's definitely better than FH4 audio, even with it's shortcoming. I've also noticed less reused exhaust sounds, not counting engine swaps, obviously. TONS of cars on FH4 had that synthesized, digital sounding exhaust, that would mess up if you rapidly tapped the throttle near redline. FH5 sound definitely could use some improvement, but it's more than acceptable.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 23, 2021 12:17:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#129 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 10:44:02 PM(UTC)
I just wanted to quickly add that the P1 sounds fine. It's the 918 sample that desperately needs updating, sounds nothing like the real car.

Also, hoping they will remove that ridiculous transmission whine from stock gearboxes, as well as the "click click" sound from chase view when your shifting gears. Reminds me of FM2. Please remove!!
#130 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2021 1:55:25 AM(UTC)

Hairy Mouse:

" Honestly, I think most cars sound better with the stock exhaust and airbox. It's not that the audio after mods is worse QUALITY, but for some reason stock usually has a deeper more muffled note. Race exhaust gives a higher pitch not that has much less depth. TV speakers just can't give proper exhaust tones, but stock usually has more of a hollow resonance like it's actually echoing in the pipes, race exhaust loses the resonating echo. Race usually has a nice cackle, but it doesn't have that deep, metallic echo like it should. It almost sounds like the sound is just coming straight from the car, instead of traveling through a pipe.. "

Agree. And I`m not listening throug tiny tv-speakers or headphones but through a heavy custom-built hifi-system. (my big passion!) And I`ve (re)built a few
exhaust-systems, I`m familiar with the sound from most sports-mufflers + raceengines on free exhaust. Many of the race-exhausts in H5 sounds like dampened
sports-systems. Try the Renault Dauphine..

One of my favs in H5 is the 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS, hotted up. But the angry V8 sounds like it`s revving 15-1800rpms when the tach says 5k. This is the case with
Most US-made V8`s in Horizon, they sounds half dead.

Gt: fairlane305
#131 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2021 9:50:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vantage98 Go to Quoted Post
So many cars sound better now. It's really a huge improvement...

I seriously dont get you guys. Really. Whats the point of improving half of the sounds, if after that we have other half that are completely degraded instead improved, or just incorrect, or even missing in some cases?

The overall feel is that engine sounds generally speaking in FH5 are horrible, sorry. I dont care if some of them are better, if the rest are not. Some cars are just impossible to drive in chase view.

And its a question of tastes. I dont really see any noticeable difference between Fh4 and Fh5. Some sounds may be better (if you guys say so) but i was way happier in Fh4 in this matter.

Edited by user Saturday, November 27, 2021 9:51:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error