5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 1:28:29 PM(UTC)
i love the fact you can go off and do whatever you want! Accolades sounds like so much fun. Also love the idea of being able to help out folks and making your own barn finds kinda. Really seems like they giving people free will finally. Custom championships and boards are hopefully answered next time
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:49:06 AM(UTC)
Episode 8 coming Monday!

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:11:18 AM(UTC)
I'm not watching it if they're giving more gameplay away, and it looks like they are.
#79 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 8:27:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not watching it if they're giving more gameplay away, and it looks like they are.

But what if they chat about the editor?

Trying to keep yourself from the spoilers?
#80 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:24:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Duekacer Go to Quoted Post

I'm sure one of us will watch and pass on if their are/are not spoilers. Also waiting for the re-upload in youtube means that there will be the labelled timestamps on the timeline. Helps in avoiding spoilers.
#81 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 11:29:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Duekacer Go to Quoted Post

Yeah avoiding spoilers. I'm the same with big movies, and TV series. They should have showed the editor earlier... when I said.

Edited by user Thursday, September 16, 2021 11:31:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 4:55:06 AM(UTC)
Anyone got an idea on what they might be showing on the upcoming stream, possibly some more of the car list, new areas of the map we haven’t seen, livery editor ?
#83 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 5:18:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xMark Feely Go to Quoted Post
Anyone got an idea on what they might be showing on the upcoming stream, possibly some more of the car list, new areas of the map we haven’t seen, livery editor ?

Forza Monthly is showing the new editor... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd-M0sQyxk

Let’s ¡Go! is showing multiplayer features and modes that you’ll get to experience in Forza Horizon 5... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ou-FyuOnA

Edited by user Saturday, September 18, 2021 5:33:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 10:17:43 AM(UTC)
Episode 9.. Character Customisation ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecqS9OJ0iQ

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1442555403515031557

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2021 11:28:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 11:26:40 AM(UTC)
Really ... wow ... great ! may be we'll see if there is a .... skip button ...
#86 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 3:51:01 AM(UTC)
I've been asking in the Q&A every stream about accessibility settings and whether you can turn off motion blur, here's to hoping this is finally the week where I can find out whether I'll be able to actually play the game or not.
#87 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:49:42 AM(UTC)
For submitting Q&A be sure to reply to this Tweet in advance of the livestream for consideration:
https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1442872232234029065
#88 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 10:06:59 AM(UTC)
The list of exclusive cars released in this stream was like a nightmare.
McLaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, Toyota AE86, Subaru 22B... many popular models are exclusive cars.
I wonder how many cars from the launch car list we will be able to buy on autoshow when the game is released? Anxious.

The only good news is that the DeLorean is back in Forza after 10 years.
However, it's also an exclusive car.
#89 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 10:45:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
McLaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, Toyota AE86, Subaru 22B... many popular models are exclusive cars.
I wonder how many cars from the launch car list we will be able to buy on autoshow when the game is released? Anxious.

I don't think this were all timed exclusive cars. I think they were just saying what was in the forzathon shop. It's not always exclusive cars. As far as I'm aware, the DeLorean is the only confirmed timed exclusive.
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 10:56:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post

I don't think this were all timed exclusive cars. I think they were just saying what was in the forzathon shop. It's not always exclusive cars. As far as I'm aware, the DeLorean is the only confirmed timed exclusive.

They are marked “exclusive” on the thumbnails, so I think they probably are non Autoshow.
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 11:06:29 AM(UTC)
Playlist may change weekly I guess but the one they showed had:

Prize car 1 - 22 points
Prize car 2 - 42 points

Total available points - 58 points:

Weekly - 5 points
Dailies - 1 each (7 points)
Arcade - 3 points
PGG - 3 points
Speed zone - 2 points
Speed trap - 2 points
Trailblazer - 2 points
Seasonal champs - 5 points each (15 points total)
Coop Champ - 3 points
Photo challenge - 2 points
Horizon Open - 2 points (challenge shown is Eliminator)
Eliminator - 2 points
Monthly Rivals - 4 points
Trial - ? but looks like 6 points (total is 58 and above add up to 52),

Edited by user Monday, October 4, 2021 1:25:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 11:20:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Playlist may change weekly I guess but the one they showed had:

Prize car 1 - 22 points
Prize car 2 - 42 points

Total available points - 61 points:

Weekly - 5 points
Dailies - 1 each (7 points)
Arcade - 3 points
PGG - 3 points
Speed zone - 2 points
Speed trap - 2 points
Trailblazer - 2 points
Seasonal champs - 5 points each (15 points total)
Coop Champ - 3 points
Photo challenge - 2 points
Horizon Open - 2 points (challenge shown is Eliminator)
Eliminator - 2 points
Monthly Rivals - 4 points
Trial - ? but looks like 9 points (total is 61 and above add up to 52),

I'm not sure but it looks like they're increasing the playtime requirement for the prize cars?

I remember the backlash when season playlists required 100% completion for a car, seems like they're insidiously trying to force more weekly engagement with this.

Looking at those numbers at a glance it seems like I'll have to complete more tasks, are seasonal champs still 3+ races? that was a huge turnoff for me with FH4 and I already feel like I'm going to have to grind modes I don't like (making me enjoy the game less) to get the exclusive cars that I like,

It was nice to hear that they took feedback for the trial, sounds like there will be better teammate matching, but still I don't enjoy having to cross almost all these off every 7 days for when a favorite car of mine is the second prize car and exclusive to the playlist

#93 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 12:52:17 PM(UTC)
Hmm, to get to 80% on FH4 I’d probably do:

Ranked - 15% (once per month)
Rivals - 6% (once per month)
Weekly - 15%
PR events - 18%
Championships - 18%
Trial - 7%
Photo - 3%

On FH5, to get 42 points I’d do:

Rivals - 4 points (once per month)
Weekly - 5 points
PR events - 6 points
Championships - 15 points
Trial - 6 points
Photo - 2 points
Coop - 3 points
Horizon Open - 2 points

So that looks like swapping a once a month ranked adventure for four Coop adventures and four Horizon Opens.

Edited by user Monday, October 4, 2021 1:26:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 1:03:12 PM(UTC)
Impressive energy put in characters features, certainly a huge amont of money to achieve that, much more than needed to ... fix ranked , promote clean racing, ...

Racing against drivatars, looks central to their fun strategy. what does lie there ? scaling up trial? I mean FH4 is ground level on drivatars racing simulation ( rubber banding, stuck once overtaken, not impacted by racing condition ... and matchmaking is just not there, sorry but blocking drivatars to let pass mates was fun for few races, cannot become a central thing, no way. Even on trial, it is very common to have some players just ramming teammates ... looks "FH4 team racing managing ramming" failure lesson was not learnt.

I love the quality of the world, cars physics looks good but I fear the emptiness hidden behind "horizon open" curtain. Last time they did hide, was on FH4 with removal of FFA, skill chain replaced by heavy ramming etc, I just cross fingers it won't be just joining single race with kind of single race trial mode with no championship, poor matchmaking and drivatars expected to manage ramming aspect. Worst being removing anti wall riding and ramming counter measures.

4 weeks from discovering what's there ...

Edited by user Monday, October 4, 2021 1:05:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 1:30:12 PM(UTC)
Great to see DeLorean back finally. Not great to see the playlist requiring online play again (for the 100% playlist gamers). I guess Playground loves to use metrics so they can boast about online modes that probably most don't even like. Oh well, still looking forward to the game.
#96 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 10:49:02 PM(UTC)
Tune in Monday on www.twitch.tv/Forza or YouTube to catch two livestreams featuring FH5 news and features:

FORZA MONTHLY
9am Pacific time / 5pm BST
Join us for the October Edition of Forza Monthly! We’ll preview the Forza Horizon 4 Series 41 update AND the Forza Horizon 5 Series 1 update, chat with Playground Games about cultural authenticity in Forza Horizon 5, hear from Forza content creator aeqnx in our Community Spotlight, run down the latest community events, and more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwruQIsn0Y

FORZA HORIZON 5: LET’S ¡GO! – Episode 10
10am Pacific time / 6pm BST
Playground Games announces the soundtrack for Forza Horizon 5 and more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfx7-JYXxtQ

1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 10:38:29 AM(UTC)
Well, that stream told us basically nothing new hah. Same radio stations as Horizon 4, streamer mode is streamer mode, showcase is showcase.

Not that I'm in any way on the fence about pre-ordering the heck out of the Premium edition, but still.
#98 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 10:49:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Well, that stream told us basically nothing new hah. Same radio stations as Horizon 4, streamer mode is streamer mode, showcase is showcase.

Not that I'm in any way on the fence about pre-ordering the heck out of the Premium edition, but still.

Well it was the most requested subject, and I preferred it to finding out about something new.
 2 users liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 11:09:31 AM(UTC)
Well more disappointment. I understand why no music app integration, but hey, at least the question was asked and Mike gave us an answer that still leaves the possibility on the table in a future update. Still, based on what they've shown, it seems clear that custom championships won't be back, a major misstep that easily could have been in the game but thanks to some thinking devoid of common sense, isn't.

The rest of the stream was either spoilers or stuff that was obvious. The smallest of looks at event labs makes me think that it's going to be yet another wasteland of XP and money hacks.

I'm still going to get the game, and I'm still going to probably love it, but this whole process of the Let's Go streams has been an exercise in testing my fandom of the Forza Horizon games. All I'm left with is this overwhelming sensation that the concerns of the hardcore fan have been pushed aside, and that all that matters now are the opinions of the people who tweet their concerns in two words, and only play the game for two months.

I don't need all of my concerns and issues from 4 to be addressed, but you know... something would have nice. If you decide to do this again for 6, I'd advise less desserts, more meat and potatoes. And for the love of everything automotive, stop with the spoilers. 1 was questionable, but still acceptable. But I've stopped counting how many you've done.
#100 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 11:18:37 AM(UTC)
I'm mostly irked by the lack of any real metal/hardcore ect. I guess it's good to have spotify but damn. Horizon 3 had the best tracks by far with groove and all. I miss groove for that reason. Ah well can't have everything
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error