4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 11:53:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AdiMercury Go to Quoted Post
A follow up from a previous ticket where I sent the support the Event Viewer.

Yeah I got the same exact message a few weeks ago when they closed my ticket down. The fact that it hasn't even been put on the Known Issues page is deeply concerning though, doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll get it sorted in good time before the new game releases.

1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 1:21:10 PM(UTC)
Little follow up, was looking into "Known issues" here and I found this:

Quote:
WINDOWS 10
[...]
Crashing when hitting a speed zone. Please roll back to Windows version 1809.

No f*****g way... Not easy to roll back with all the drivers implication.

Edited by user Friday, July 30, 2021 1:23:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud owner of:

-Xbox One Fat
-Dell XPS 15 9560: i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz | NVIDIA GTX1050 4GB VRAM | 16GB DDR4 | W10 64 bit
#78 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 1:24:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillardSS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AdiMercury Go to Quoted Post
A follow up from a previous ticket where I sent the support the Event Viewer.

Yeah I got the same exact message a few weeks ago when they closed my ticket down. The fact that it hasn't even been put on the Known Issues page is deeply concerning though, doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll get it sorted in good time before the new game releases.

It is on known issues page, please see here
Proud owner of:

-Xbox One Fat
-Dell XPS 15 9560: i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz | NVIDIA GTX1050 4GB VRAM | 16GB DDR4 | W10 64 bit
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 8:29:04 AM(UTC)
FIXED
WINDOWS 10

Crashing when hitting a speed zone. Please roll back to Windows version 1809.

This is too much AWFUL !!!!
Nothing is FIXED!!

Edited by user Saturday, July 31, 2021 8:29:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 9:34:47 AM(UTC)
This entry in the Fixed section is old, the bug already existed in 2018, until it got fixed. Now it came back. Look at the patch notes from December 13th, 2018:

https://support.forzamot...Notes-December-13th-2018

"Fixed an issue where the latest Windows 10 OS was causing a crash when entering speed zones."
#81 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 5:14:26 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,
just logged in to say I also have this issue. Deep GPU driver removal and reinstall does nothing, but I'm not willing to roll back my Windows update to run this game, when everything else on my computer runs fine. MS Store version of the game. Please get this sorted out, I had a nightmare getting this game running on launch but has been perfect since then until now, to suddenly have new bugs appearing is beyond a joke and does not bode well for release of FH5 (for me at least).
#82 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 1:59:22 AM(UTC)
It seems that this discussion is quite popular for posts within 1-2 months, perhaps there're even more players experiencing the same issue now. However, it is a shame that the official fix to this issue is "Please roll back to Windows version 1809"!

Besides the issues mentioned above, I also have another issue when discovering new roads, the game would freeze, and then crash to desktop without any error message. Like many mentioned earlier, these issues are not NEW, they'd already been reported perhaps 1 or 2 years ago, and they are not fixed till now...

I cannot believe that players need to worry and avoid entering speed zones, drift zones, or roads haven't been discovered before... This is nearly unplayable... Does this make any sense?
#83 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 4:57:25 PM(UTC)
See what's funny is that the Windows OS version is not the problem, because my friend played FH4 on the same Windows 21H1 update as I was on and had no issues with the Speed Zones or Drift Zones. Frankly, I am not downgrading my PC to 3-year-old software, it's worked fine for so long, there has to be something else. Looking into the Event Viewer and logs, what does it seem is causing the crash, like it is a processing issue or some GPU driver failure? Memory management or something with drives? There has to be a solution because this only came up recently for us here.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 6:57:58 AM(UTC)
Hi, I got the same issue.
But I noticed another bug, not in FH4, but in the Xbox app, I'm not able to choose a drive when I want to install a game.
I haven't this issue with the windows store, so I can still install game through this app.
Am I the only one?
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 6:40:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TimmyM56 Go to Quoted Post
See what's funny is that the Windows OS version is not the problem, because my friend played FH4 on the same Windows 21H1 update as I was on and had no issues with the Speed Zones or Drift Zones. Frankly, I am not downgrading my PC to 3-year-old software, it's worked fine for so long, there has to be something else. Looking into the Event Viewer and logs, what does it seem is causing the crash, like it is a processing issue or some GPU driver failure? Memory management or something with drives? There has to be a solution because this only came up recently for us here.

The problem is nobody care.
Support only asks for crash report and dxdiag.

For sure this is not the big windows bug, but some weird interaction with it. I will be not surpised much if red car in garage or engine swap on Supra cause this. Or SSD, amd processor and numbers in your windows profile name.

It's already weird enough to have "instal 1809" as a solution and get this bug back after 20H1 update.
#86 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 7:29:59 AM(UTC)
I've opened a new ticket regarding this issue. At the end of the day, the closer we get to the release of the new title, the less they'll give a toss about solving this issue. The lack of communication regarding this issue is not acceptable, we deserve interaction from someone within this thread. I'm not going to lie and say that I won't be getting the new game, but honestly, that is very much not the point.

Does anyone have this issue with a Steam copy of the game? If not, would it honestly be that much of a financial hit for the devs to provide people affected with this issue a Steam copy of Horizon 4 to tide us over until the new game arrives?
#87 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2021 1:14:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillardSS Go to Quoted Post
I've opened a new ticket regarding this issue. At the end of the day, the closer we get to the release of the new title, the less they'll give a toss about solving this issue. The lack of communication regarding this issue is not acceptable, we deserve interaction from someone within this thread. I'm not going to lie and say that I won't be getting the new game, but honestly, that is very much not the point.

Does anyone have this issue with a Steam copy of the game? If not, would it honestly be that much of a financial hit for the devs to provide people affected with this issue a Steam copy of Horizon 4 to tide us over until the new game arrives?

Steam version doesn't have this issue apparently. Too bad the Steam version doesn't import your progress so if you buy it you'll be starting from scratch and after 3 years of playing that is not quite ideal.
Proud owner of:

-Xbox One Fat
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 11:16:35 AM(UTC)
Bit of an update on this issue. I opened a new ticket with Forza Support and received the following response:

"Examples of Coded issues,
0xc0000409
0xe06d7363
0xc0000374
0xc00000fd
0x80000003
0xc0000096
0xc0000094
0xc0000006
0xc0000005
0xc000001d

If you are seeing codes close to or exactly these codes, please report these codes to Official Windows support as they will be able to diagnose and resolve these issues for you."

Excuse the format, I don't use forums much.

I received error 0xc0000005. This error code is a generic Windows exception code from what I understand, and doesn't really point to a specific problem. I contacted Microsoft support who literally pasted a Reddit post response to me and then told me to reinstall Windows. I reckon Forza Support have given up on this issue now, so bring on November or whenever the new title releases.

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error