#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 8:15:46 AM(UTC)
seriously, until horizon 4 every forza was perfectly compatible with the wheel controller. why exactly did that have to end?? and i would like to get the real answer to that myself to be honest. because theres no way im buying that they wont fix the issue because it would interfere with the functionality of the paddle controller because until now there was never any issue of either control setup causing problems for the other. so i must ask. what exactly made you guys decide to ruin the wheel stability on H4 and then so clearly lie about it???? and i truely hope that yall dont ruin 5 with the same bull that you decided to pull on 4. its like everything wrong in 4 seems like it was actually on porpoise after reading the post explaining why you wont fix the "problem" that never existed till it did... no joke! i realy do want an answer please and thank you...
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 8:19:29 AM(UTC)
Forza staff don't post on here...so an official answer to your question is unlikely to be forthcoming. However, even if they did, calling Playground Games staff liars is unlikely to prompt someone to answer your concerns
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 3:30:37 PM(UTC)
not officially, that you are correct on but some of them pop in to see the hub bub of the players. and i know there will likely never be an actual answer so it was mostly rhetorical venting with just a hint of maybe... it just makes no sense to change something so significant as that and leave nothing but a weak reason why it wont be fixed like " fixing it would interfere with the other controller when it never an issue till they made it so. it makes it sound deliberate.
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:37:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JamesRyder2100 Go to Quoted Post
not officially, that you are correct on but some of them pop in to see the hub bub of the players. and i know there will likely never be an actual answer so it was mostly rhetorical venting with just a hint of maybe... it just makes no sense to change something so significant as that and leave nothing but a weak reason why it wont be fixed like " fixing it would interfere with the other controller when it never an issue till they made it so. it makes it sound deliberate.

Been trying to correct my controller since I messed it up with the wheel. One thing that needs correcting is the Brake Outside distance. For a stiff foot pedal people move this down to 70%, and that isn't actually good for FH4. The cars spin easily with that set on 70% even with a controller. Something else is messed up that I haven't figured out yet.

Angular momentum is spinning out the car when the angle goes past 9 o clock, and 3 o clock. I think it is a programming error that swings this angle around too much, and that is exaggerated by changing the wheel settings. This could be an important discovery, because it would explain why RWD is messed up... angular momentum has an error.

Edited by user Friday, July 30, 2021 3:21:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 3:35:12 AM(UTC)
Why do you need a racing wheel? The game is pure arcade without much physics, playing with racing wheel is simply boring.
My DFGT worked perfectly well with a game, though I played for one hour and uninstalled the game because driving in open world with such physics is pure boredom.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:14:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CardFanatic689 Go to Quoted Post
Why do you need a racing wheel?

Is this a serious question? lol..

It doesnt matter if the game is not a full sym. It is still a racing game, and one of the racing games with the best first person camera feeling you going to find. So YES, a steering wheel is pretty neat to use with this game. Sadly , wheel support in FH4 is broken since day one. And since people dont really care if the wheel support is broken.. well, i dont see any point on fixing it. The devs are not going to invest time and efforts to fix something if people is loving the game no matter how broken it is lol.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:15:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:53:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CardFanatic689 Go to Quoted Post
Why do you need a racing wheel?

Is this a serious question? lol..

It doesnt matter if the game is not a full sym. It is still a racing game, and one of the racing games with the best first person camera feeling you going to find. So YES, a steering wheel is pretty neat to use with this game. Sadly , wheel support in FH4 is broken since day one. And since people dont really care if the wheel support is broken.. well, i dont see any point on fixing it. The devs are not going to invest time and efforts to fix something if people is loving the game no matter how broken it is lol.

Wheel support for some wheels maybe...not all wheels though. No clue what they use but I regularly race with people who have used wheels on FH4 without issue.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 5:25:27 AM(UTC)
I use my DFGT all the time in Forza. It does handle differently to other, more serious racing games, but when you get used to it you have way more control than with a controller. I can always tell when I'm seeing someone playing with a controller because they go round corners in steps rather than a smooth curve. The only time I ever reach for my controller is for drifting. I'm rubbish at that but marginally less rubbish with the controller.
When I race against AI with the controller the best I can manage is expert. With the wheel I beat the unbeatable.

Notification

Icon
Error