13 Pages<<111213Prev
#301 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 10:55:14 AM(UTC)
When I win a match, my rank doesn't go up, but sometimes it does. It doesn't work stably. Do you have this problem too?
 1 user liked this post.
#302 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 5:44:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MackenzieNN Go to Quoted Post
When I win a match, my rank doesn't go up, but sometimes it does. It doesn't work stably. Do you have this problem too?

The point system in teams got ruined a long time ago and shockingly people are trying to bring that same toxic behavior into FFA.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#303 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:46:27 AM(UTC)
Hi,
I've been having issues with ranked races for a few days now. I finish the race and don't get points. Sometimes it shows the screen when you first qualify. But no points, neither negatives nor positives.
I have already reinstalled the game a few times, but with no success in solving this issue.
I tried the ranked team race, even though the team I participated in won, the team race option shows that I don't even qualify.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
 1 user liked this post.
#304 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 2:17:19 PM(UTC)
I've been playing ranked team adventure, and I can't earn points, despite being rank 11, at the end of the match it always says "unraked" and I don't earn any points, but if I lose a ranked match I lose points from the current rank.
#305 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 8:04:48 AM(UTC)
Same here

Also opened a support ticket and the following reply is given by them.

Hello,

This is a known issue in Forza Horizon 4 and our devs are currently investigating.

At this time, we don't have any follow-up questions or steps for you to try. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" and we will post an update to the support page and twitter (@Forza_Support) when we have more information.

Thank you for letting us know!
Secret Agent McNuggets
 2 users liked this post.
#306 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 9:06:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WantedxGamin Go to Quoted Post
Same here

Also opened a support ticket and the following reply is given by them.

Hello,

This is a known issue in Forza Horizon 4 and our devs are currently investigating.

At this time, we don't have any follow-up questions or steps for you to try. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" and we will post an update to the support page and twitter (@Forza_Support) when we have more information.

Thank you for letting us know!
Secret Agent McNuggets

If you look back at the 4th post on page 1 of this thread (which I believe was posted in November 2019), that should give a you a good idea of how genuine that answer is.

1 user liked this post.
#307 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 10:11:20 AM(UTC)
'Our devs are currently investigating'

Hmm no I don't think they are really though are they 😂 Sad. I'd respect them more if they just said 'get stuffed lol' - at least it would be honest.
#308 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 1:34:09 PM(UTC)
I have never achieved higher than Rank 12, regardless of winning or finishing last. I must have at least a dozen 'yellow trousers' now...
#309 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2021 12:38:32 PM(UTC)
Hello. Why can't I get more than 14 in a Ranked Adventure? After winning the race, he gives me points and jumps in 13l v and after returning to the menu I still have 14
 2 users liked this post.
#310 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 2:40:46 AM(UTC)
Once upon a time, there was a relatively workable points system in Ranked Team. Players would gain and lose points if they won and be penalised points if they quit. Importantly, if someone quit they also counted for points purposes in that race, so there was no detriment to the winning team if the player in last decided to quit.

At some point, PGG changed the position so that, if someone quit, they no longer counted in that race. For example, in a close 12 person race, a team could be winning the deciding race 1850-1800 and the player in 12th place quit. This would completely change the result to 1250-1800. No one knows why they did this, because it wasn’t announced, and no one had any opportunity to say it was a bad idea, because it wasn’t announced.

The impact of the above was that teams in convoy started to more regularly use low ranked secondary accounts to boost the rank of their actual accounts. A good player would use a secondary account with an artificially low rank, potentially look to slow down the opposition and then quit - leaving the remaining players on that team at an advantage and giving them a decent points boost when they won.

At some point thereafter, the points process changed so that, if anyone quit, no one got any points. No one knows if this was intentional, as there was no announcement about it. However, it has been nearly two years and, so far as I am aware, the issue has never acknowledged on either the monthly stream or on any Forza support Twitter communications. As shown above, any complaint about the issue is simply marked “solved”. It therefore appears highly likely that this was an implemented change, intended to deal with the problem with “boosters” referred to above.

Of course, as anyone could have foretold had there been communication/engagement, this caused more problems. Beforehand, it was already relatively common for someone to leave even if they were losing points as a result of doing so. Once unscrupulous players became aware of this change, they simply quit any race which they were going to lose. Consequently, you will see GMs with substantially more losses than wins because they will never lose any points. An honest player, who is not prepared to quit to save their own points, simply has no real prospect of progressing.

That is the current state of Team Ranked adventure in FH4 and I would be astonished if it now changed.
#311 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:26:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
An honest player, who is not prepared to quit to save their own points, simply has no real prospect of progressing.

That is the current state of Team Ranked adventure in FH4 and I would be astonished if it now changed.

That's not correct because even with this broken point system it is still possible to progress your rank, You have to race an huge amount of races but at the end if you are a solid driver you can gain points. In my case in the last year I reached GM rank (currently I'm in the first 50 in the world) starting from the 16 rank.
#312 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:34:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Salfox69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
An honest player, who is not prepared to quit to save their own points, simply has no real prospect of progressing.

That's not correct because even with this broken point system it is still possible to progress your rank, You have to race an huge amount of races but at the end if you are a solid driver you can gain points. In my case in the last year I reached GM rank (currently I'm in the first 50 in the world) starting from the 16 rank.

In team racing? Even before the points system was broken, playing with randoms I found it hard to rank up to the higher ranks because how you personally drive is often not the deciding factor. Many times I would come first, way ahead of my team, but we'd lose and I'd lose ranking points. The original system was already badly designed because it should have taken into account individual performance, because the rank is for the individual after all. And then PG doubled down by making the change Jezza described, then added insult to injury by never publicly commenting on it.

edit - I see you are 25th in team racing, 1-0 this month. Did you get that playing with randoms and never quitting? (I mean prior to this month obviously.)

Edited by user Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:46:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#313 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:44:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

In team racing? Even before the points system was broken, playing with randoms I found it hard to rank up to the higher ranks because how you personally drive is often not the deciding factor. Many times I would come first, way ahead of my team, but we'd lose and I'd lose ranking points. The original system was already badly designed because it should have taken into account individual performance, because the rank is for the individual after all. And then PG doubled down by making the change Jezza described, then added insult to injury by never publicly commenting on it.

Yes, in team racing.
You are right that at higher rank is very hard to progress your rank but with the experience you learn the tricks to progress your rank.
For example when you are a low rank player it is possible to gain up to 150 points for race if you beat high rank player, when you are an high rank player it is more convenient to loose races but staiyng in the winning team.
If you are an high rank player and you win all the races it is highly likely that you not gain any points at the end of the race.
It is strange but it is true
#314 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:47:16 AM(UTC)
Please see my edit above btw. Also what is your rank in free-for-all ?
#315 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:53:48 AM(UTC)
Please see my edit above btw. Also what is your rank in free-for-all ?

I don't remember well but I should be rank 6 in FFA but in the last two months I didn't play FFA because I loose many point in the free races (I hate that races) in dirt and cross country
#316 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:58:15 AM(UTC)
I am still sceptical and lacking in understanding of how it is possible to reach GM in team racing, playing with randoms then. I mean you would need incredible luck to be placed on the winning team most of the time, when with average luck you will often be on the losing team. The best I made it to was league 3 before the points system change. I reached a point where progressing higher became impossible.

(I subsequently made it to league 1 in FFA, currently league 2 after disconnections robbed me of rank.)

Edited by user Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:59:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#317 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:05:21 AM(UTC)
Last month, I noted that someone who started (I think) at League 1, did over 1,000 adventures and ended up just in GM rank. If we say 30 minutes per adventure taking into account waiting time, that’s 500 hours or 20 solid days play in a month, to gain about 100 points. He must have basically been playing every waking hour and that is someone whose team generally has someone quit if they are going to lose.

Being a solid driver simply isn’t enough. I can see that you might be able to do it in convoy with 1-2 others (and I agree you’d also then tactically need to keep the races close) and using an account new to Team racing (with the massively increased points gains) but I stand by my position that it’s not realistic for a single player, no matter how good.
#318 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:06:55 AM(UTC)
I am still sceptical and lacking in understanding of how it is possible to reach GM in team racing, playing with randoms then. I mean you would need incredible luck to be placed on the winning team most of the time, when with average luck you will often be on the losing team. The best I made it to was league 3 before the points system change. I reached a point where progressing higher became impossible.

(I subsequently made it to league 1 in FFA, currently league 2 after disconnections robbed me of rank.)

Read my previous posts, as I said before you have to learn the tricks of this strange point system. Another suggestion to gain points in RTA is to participate in races as soon as the new season starts and it is highly likely to find unranked player that not quit in order to be ranked.
#319 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:10:20 AM(UTC)

Read my previous posts, as I said before you have to learn the tricks of this strange point system. Another suggestion to gain points in RTA is to participate in races as soon as the new season starts and it is highly likely to find unranked player that not quit in order to be ranked.

Don't you need to be beating highly skilled players in order to progress much above say league 3 though? Winning isn't enough because winning against lower skilled or average players gets you no points gain?

Also if it's anything like FFA you will occasionally come across low ranked players on new accounts who are highly skilled, and if you lose to them you lose a ton of points.

Edited by user Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:14:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#320 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:15:34 AM(UTC)

Don't you need to be beating highly skilled players in order to progress much above say league 3 though? Winning isn't enough because winning against lower skilled or average players gets you no points gain?

Yes, it is strange but it is true. To gain points in RTA you need to be in the winning team (It's obvious) but it is more convenient to not win the races and let pass other team members. Try it!
#321 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 4:56:52 AM(UTC)

Also if it's anything like FFA you will occasionally come across low ranked players on new accounts who are highly skilled, and if you lose to them you lose a ton of points.

The standard is a lot lower in RTA, so you’d win nearly every race driving meta. I would say probably about 1 in 50 adventures counts for points (although Salfox is right that you are more likely to get points shortly after the series change). I probably gain, on average, 10 points for a counting win
and lose 20 points for a counting loss. On the basis that there is more likely to be someone quit in the opposition team than your own, the problem is fairly apparent.
 1 user liked this post.
#322 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 5:12:18 AM(UTC)
I personally came first most of the time but my team could be hopeless, so I'd lose a ton of points despite the fact I am the best player and/or in the best car. Obviously that got old fast and it isn't a well-designed system. I see a familiar theme with these Forza games, little thought goes into the actual gameplay, which comes across as more of an afterthought done on a Friday afternoon. "That'll do" might get the developers to the pub quicker but it doesn't produce a quality gaming experience.

You can probably tell from my impatience with PG that I don't tend to tolerate low effort and poor standards in real life, especially from people you're paying for a service from.

Edited by user Thursday, September 2, 2021 5:26:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#323 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 5:58:25 AM(UTC)
I haven't moved from level 4 in ages (and i mean ages). I am so fed up with it that i only do it (ranked) to complete the seasonal for the month. I go into unranked because at least there i can race and not worry about the points system giving me points or not. I realised a long time ago that PGG are not serious about fixing it (i suspect they don't even consider it as Jezza says) and i could not be bothered winning then have an idiot quit and i get nothing. I will not even bother to do it unless i am forced to for some completion or other in FH5. I suspect Microsofts influence has (or is) going to ruin what was a very good franchise. Big Business stuff up games when they buy them from the smaller guys because the first thing they want is "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY" and actual quality of game can go whistle, Steam is a perfect example of greed over quality (ie: "even though we are selling it for less than normal we are still raking in the bucks from the idiots anyways"), not to mention the plethera of cheats (who gloat about it mind you) that come with it. Gaming is becoming infected and not in a nice way. Every day some Gaming site or another is reporting on new hacks and cheats that people are doing with games. It is starting to get impossible to determine what is an actual good play or cheat...........................sorry went off topic there.

Yes, Ranked Online Racing is stuffed and PGG have no intention of fixing it.
13 Pages<<111213Prev

Notification

Icon
Error