#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:25:28 PM(UTC)
First off, since this will be my first post here, *Smile and wave, just smile and wave* Hello to all, I never made a account here, since I tought I had to make a new account but ok sweet that my Xbox Account works here, if only I knew before.

Second: The question I have...

Ok, I noticed that the 3 cars I bought from the Specialty Dealer, shows Production Run, then a Cogwheel below it with some numbers, and then the date, when bought, what does this mean?
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:18:10 AM(UTC)
The number shows you how many of it have been sold before you bought it. The date shows when you bought it. It might have something to do with the auction house
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:19:04 AM(UTC)
Uhm over 8k people? I bought it around 10 minutes after release all 3...
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:18:43 PM(UTC)
Might be pushing it a little, but it would be interesting to know/have those stats for every car ingame.

Edited by user Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:19:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:04:49 PM(UTC)
Seeing this thread in the list again when scrolling through the first page has made me think of something.

Is the number indicative of the total number of cars sold of that specific car?

Or is it like a limited number, so say mine shows 21,000, that means I'm the 21,000th person to buy that car, and that's a number that's always attached to that specific car?
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:55:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Seeing this thread in the list again when scrolling through the first page has made me think of something.

Is the number indicative of the total number of cars sold of that specific car?

Or is it like a limited number, so say mine shows 21,000, that means I'm the 21,000th person to buy that car, and that's a number that's always attached to that specific car?

I was under the impression it was like a number plaque in real life where it tells you what number of car it is. It is kind of a cool touch but don't know how much it really means, it would be cool though if the low number cars sell for more on the AH. I will post what number all 3 of mine are later tonight.

EDIT:

Here are the numbers

Ford Falcon 8423, purchased 9/30/2017 probably around 1am PST
Miata 11873, purchased right after the Falcon
GTR 5075 purchased probably 14 hours after the Falcon and miata

Edited by user Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:33:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:47:02 PM(UTC)
I am in Australia, which saw one of the earliest releases and I jumped into FM7 just after midnight in release day.

My Falcon is 420
My MX5 is 4713
My Nissan is 1306

I think I bought the Falcon first to run in one of the Seeker events. Then after claiming my Forza rewards I grabbed the Nissan and Mazda at the same time.

Probably after 1 am, so the game would have been out for about 3 hours as New Zealand got in 2 hours before Australia.

Edited by user Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:53:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zerodigit Go to Quoted Post
Uhm over 8k people? I bought it around 10 minutes after release all 3...

If you're not in New Zealand, then you bought at least two hours after release.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:53:21 AM(UTC)
I started the same minute of release m8.

My Falcon is 8032
My MX5 is 732
My Nissan is 303
#10 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 2:37:50 PM(UTC)
I know this thread is 3 months old but I found myself having 2 Falcons with interesting "Production Run" numbers that may shed some light on this discussion and help determine exactly what the numbers mean.

In my garage, the first falcon listed shows a date of 12/21/2017 and the number above the date in the production run box is 12394

Below that car is a second identical falcon with a date of 10/4/2017 and number of 27632.

So, the one with an older date has a higher production number and is listed second in my garage.

I'm not sure how I came across having two of the same car. I must have purchased one and won the other one somehow.

#11 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 5:30:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlahBlahBlah907 Go to Quoted Post
I know this thread is 3 months old but I found myself having 2 Falcons with interesting "Production Run" numbers that may shed some light on this discussion and help determine exactly what the numbers mean.

In my garage, the first falcon listed shows a date of 12/21/2017 and the number above the date in the production run box is 12394

Below that car is a second identical falcon with a date of 10/4/2017 and number of 27632.

So, the one with an older date has a higher production number and is listed second in my garage.

I'm not sure how I came across having two of the same car. I must have purchased one and won the other one somehow.

Production numbers are only from cars bought in the specialty dealer
The car has been in the specialty dealer twice now so you either bought it twice from there or one from the auction house
The production number is interesting though because you think the first one would be lower than the second one...unless they restarted numbers the 2nd time it was in the specialty dealer..which isnt right is it...some people would have the same number
#12 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 5:47:28 PM(UTC)
From what I've read the production number is only linked to that specific batch sold in the Specialty Dealer that round, so if a car repeats in the dealer at a later date (which the Falcon has) then the numbers will also restart from 1 (as they are a separate "run").

The numbers mean nothing apart from bragging rights though.
#13 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 8:00:50 PM(UTC)
Specialty Dealer only sells one copy of a car to you, but does so for each run. Since we're blocked from re-buying a Specialty Dealer car during its run, I figured this would hold true from run to run, but as Hiro7A noted, it's not.

Points toward Collector Rank seem to be only awarded on the first purchase. My total collector points did not increase when I bought the latest run. I don't think I've sold any of the duplicates yet, so haven't seen if selling one off would reduce my collector points total.
E30
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2021 7:35:47 AM(UTC)
Ok idk if this has been figured out but.....on release the first sold will have the highest number then it counts down from there, once at 1 that's the last one purchasable. Hope I helped

Notification

Icon
Error