2 Pages12Prev
Rank: Racing Permit
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 2:32:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jerakeen2826 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
or are you one of those ppl playing this game with a wheels and pedals setup?

There's a reason that cars are fitted with steering wheels and not Xbox controllers.


Are you comparing a game with a real car ??? 🙄🤭
Rank: Racing Permit
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:32:17 AM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert



and for those who said "it's a matter of skill level" ....really... in straight lines ?.. oh yeah it takes alot of skill to hold down the the acceleration button and keep the car straight on the highway... totally

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:47:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:28:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert



and for those who said "it's a matter of skill level" ....really... in straight lines ?.. oh yeah it takes alot of skill to hold down the the acceleration button and keep the car straight on the highway... totally


Knowing how to exit a corner in order to get maximum acceleration on the straight takes skill, as does knowing how to corner in a car with less tire/more weight so you can afford more PI for that straight line speed. It even takes skill to take advantage of a your cars strengths in the corners vs a car with more straight line speed.

The AI does cheat, and it's frustrating and ruins the immersion, I know, but they are very beatable. If you're losing to them, it's either a matter of driving skill, building/tuning skill, or matching the right build/tune to the right track. If you're a strong enough driver, you should be able to take practically any build and win against highly skilled drivatars though, which is what you need to win seasonals.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:19:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert



and for those who said "it's a matter of skill level" ....really... in straight lines ?.. oh yeah it takes alot of skill to hold down the the acceleration button and keep the car straight on the highway... totally


I've said it many times that the Ai needs improving.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:30:48 AM(UTC)
What’s the code for that event and tune for the car?

I don’t think anyone has said the AI behaviour is realistic and it can be frustrating on straights but the point usually is that you can take huge time out of them on corners.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:32:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:08:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert



and for those who said "it's a matter of skill level" ....really... in straight lines ?.. oh yeah it takes alot of skill to hold down the the acceleration button and keep the car straight on the highway... totally


OK, just done several races of your blueprint "Spring Rush" on Unbeatable.

Tried the Ford WP and it is quite frankly the worst type of car you can use for your blueprint, came in 3rd and that was pure luck i reckon. The car has no top end speed whatsoever.

Second was in the 2019 720S Spider, no rewind, auto and traction on.

That was a definate improvement and i came 1st with ease.

Gave the 2018 ATS GT (manual, no rewind) a go and won every race (about 5) by a nice lead.

Having a circuit that has long straights (like down the freeway) is always going to have the AI go full pelt. If you don't have the right car with the right tune then your not going to do well in my opinion.

The AI Reventon had a better engine compared to the Ford, even at PI S2-954.

I would have totally smashed the AI on expert difficulty.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:56:56 AM(UTC)
I used RB033’s winter tune for the GT WP (thought it would be wetter than it actually is) and won fairly comfortably. You can take huge time out of the drivatars through the more technical sections.

Good fun track. I didn’t know where I was going but it flows really nicely 👍.
Rank: Racing Permit
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 4:31:46 PM(UTC)
The AI always has 2 or 3 cars that are way faster than the rest of the AI no matter what level you play at. It has been this way since they did an update in FH3, before that update the AI was always pretty much the same as each other in every race at all levels meaning they all stayed fairly close to each other. Another thing I have noticed with the AI is they aren't affected by fences or walls or anything else like we are as well as the water. I have seen the AI miss checkpoints by a long ways yet they don't get reset. The AI has needed a redo for many years but the devs here just don't care because they know no matter what they do or how much they completely ignore customers they still make a ton of money. It's sad when they care only about how much money they can make instead of trying to make a game that the players will enjoy more. I know everyone needs money but it isn't the most important thing in life. I can understand the OP's view on the AI to a point because they definitely do cheat regularly and it can get very frustrating when you have to follow guidelines that the AI ignores.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 4:50:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CptnSpaulding71 Go to Quoted Post
I have seen the AI miss checkpoints by a long ways yet they don't get reset.


They get reset in the OP's blueprint. I watched with amusement as an AI or two missed the checkpoint by going wide just after Mudkickers. You can see it as the position number falls away then they dissappear. I'm fine with the AI but i do agree that they ram and obstruct when it's not called for. I tend to try and anticipate what they may do as i overtake them.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 4:59:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I used RB033’s winter tune for the GT WP (thought it would be wetter than it actually is) and won fairly comfortably. You can take huge time out of the drivatars through the more technical sections.

Good fun track. I didn’t know where I was going but it flows really nicely 👍.


lol i thought you would be able to do it a lot easier in the Ford WP. Correct about the technical which is where ground is made up from the straights. To be honest i may have had a rubbish tune on the WP, i didn't even check. The thing was horrible for me and i threw it in the trashcan never to look back. That ATS though, that was a smooth ride and cut through the track like butter :) I'd never really used it before but now i've tuned it i think i will 👍.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:22:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

If you use auto gears, you need an engine with a reasonably flat power curve at the top end or you'll be giving up a huge amount of power.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 2:39:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert


Just because 998 is higher than 954 doesn't mean your car is better in all aspects. The strengths of the Ford GT WP are in its handling, not its outright speed. For a speed event it isn't competitive as your video demonstrates.

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2021 5:00:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 4:25:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I used RB033’s winter tune for the GT WP (thought it would be wetter than it actually is) and won fairly comfortably. You can take huge time out of the drivatars through the more technical sections.

Good fun track. I didn’t know where I was going but it flows really nicely 👍.


lol i thought you would be able to do it a lot easier in the Ford WP. Correct about the technical which is where ground is made up from the straights. To be honest i may have had a rubbish tune on the WP, i didn't even check. The thing was horrible for me and i threw it in the trashcan never to look back. That ATS though, that was a smooth ride and cut through the track like butter :) I'd never really used it before but now i've tuned it i think i will 👍.


The Ford WP seems to be at its best in wet/winter. RB033’s tune is excellent (fairly close to top tier for snow) and is perfectly good for dry conditions as well. I’ll have to find an S2 ATS tune to try - don’t have one of those.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 8:15:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
[quote=George RGJ;1193617]

Who are you calling stupid? Do you even read YOUR own trash posts? Do you even read the posts that you respond to? Do you even read?

The last thing Jezza said was ‘save (“except” for those without a developed vocabulary) for very specific events, cross country buggies being one of them.’


There is no exceptions fanboy. Unbeatable is not easy, not even in dreams. It doesnt matter if its buggies, S2 road racing or whatver. Jezza is a known fanboy and he always tries to defend every single problem in the game no matter what. Anyone who says that unbeatable is "childish easy" no matter if its buggies or planes, either its completely lost and hes only been playing for a day, or he is a total fanboy. Plain and simple. And i had you blocked as well because you are another one. As you already proved. There is nothing more annoying that fanboys calling "trolls" other people just because they cant accept any criticisim on their beloved game. Learn what the "troll" word applied to forums mean in first place, you are completely clueless.


First, I could never, ever care what you do. I do find it amusing, however, that you seem so keen with responding to so many people you claim to have blocked, but whatever. Second, Jezza and a number of others that've chimed in here are not only all class acts, but they're as skilled as they are experienced and you would do yourself some good by listening (carefully) to what they have to say rather than disparaging those you disagree with. Third, a fanboy I am not. If you actually knew even a tenth of what you're talking about, you'd know that few have been as disappointed with this game as I have since launch. I've been greatly critical of this trainwreck of a game and don't blame anyone for same regarding all the broken parts burning down all around us daily.

And yes, I have defended the game a number of times from people with rubbish arguements trying to stir up 💩 out of non-issues. I don't understand people that choose to spend all their free time posting in a forum and defecating all over a game they clearly don't get any enjoyment out of. For me, I still do, as Horizon has provided a bit of light in this dark and depressing world the last year or so, and I am grateful to have something to look forward to, warts and all. If that makes me a 'fanboy' to you, well, I could never care ― just as long as I'm not whatever it is you are.

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2021 10:20:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:53:23 PM(UTC)
Let's call me a fan boy too then ! lol

That said, being veteran, there are a few tips to share about drivatars that may interest those having difficulties, willing to improve and coming to that thread.
- First, the quicker you are ahead, the best it is, once you are ahead, it's game over for the drivatars.
- Second, better pass drivatars on the inside.
- Third, not 100% sure of that one but looks to me the algorithm automatically gives drivatars a bonus when you do mistakes, so better race clean.
- Fourth linked to first, concerning tuning, don't look for the super top speed, #dragrace, key is torque, weight and handling(point 3), like said in point 1, get first asap.

There are a few conditions for which unbeatable has the right tag and, for me, it's ok, I mean, no one should beat unbeatable. The problem is more that you can beat those in most cases making them beatable... On some specific class it goes down to ridiculous, like doing a B class in unbeatable using a tuned car, I get first before the first turn passing drivatars like flash.
When I do a solo glenn rannock sprint race with unbeatable drivatars tagged with big names and I get a finish line with those on times like 2.30 or 2.35, it is just ridiculous, those guys are under 2.20 on a bad day.

The fact that one can play FH on a casual way doesn't require or implies that the game can only be played in a casual way. Play FH casual way ? A good start is to avoid to set difficulty to maximum, I mean, it sounds obvious to me.

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2021 9:54:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:38:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert


Just because 998 is higher than 954 doesn't mean your car is better in all aspects. The strengths of the Ford GT WP are in its handling, not its outright speed. For a speed event it isn't competitive as your video demonstrates.


pretty sure the different class numbers means how fast the cars are not how well they handle hence why S1 class is slower than S2 class, B slower than A etc ... S2 954 should not be faster than S2 998 in straight lines, that's why for the seasonal events you have to tune your car at the maximum number of class available in order to win the event, if a bunch of people show up with lower than max numbers you're not gonna win the event .

Edited by user Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:42:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 1:04:31 AM(UTC)
A 954 car can be faster in a straight line than a 998 car. The rating is a combination of all attributes of the car - hence why you can have a VW Pikes Peak at 998 with a top speed an A class car wouldn’t be impressed by.
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 5:40:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
pretty sure the different class numbers means how fast the cars are not how well they handle hence why S1 class is slower than S2 class, B slower than A etc ... S2 954 should not be faster than S2 998 in straight lines, that's why for the seasonal events you have to tune your car at the maximum number of class available in order to win the event, if a bunch of people show up with lower than max numbers you're not gonna win the event .


That's a missconception.

The performance rating is an abstract number that incorporates various stats, not just "fast".

A good racing car needs a balance of acceleration, speed and handling, which again is based on weight, air resistance (and aero downforce), power and grip.
The key to a good race car is building it to a proper balance of these, and this "good balance" depends on the track. For short track with sharp turns you need a light car with good grip. For long, straight tracks you need a heavy car with lots of power.

You can adjust the balance by installing weight reductions, better tires, bigger engines or spoilers. Better tires give you a much higher PI rating but doesn't make you faster. It allows you to take the corners faster, and accelerate better. It also makes the car easier to drive. Thats why many beginners chose better tires and end up with a slow car.

If you don't adjust your cars performance balance, then you have a problem, because the ai does. The ai never drives stock cars, they are all adjusted (not with upgrade components like we do, but in a more generic way) to your PI with an optimized balance.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 5:58:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrozI5yOR8 uploaded a video to demonstrate what i'm talking about

pay attention to how the AI Reventon is S2-954 and my Ford is S2-998 and he's faster than me in a straight line for like no reason ...this isn't even on unbeatable difficulty i have it on expert


Just because 998 is higher than 954 doesn't mean your car is better in all aspects. The strengths of the Ford GT WP are in its handling, not its outright speed. For a speed event it isn't competitive as your video demonstrates.


pretty sure the different class numbers means how fast the cars are not how well they handle hence why S1 class is slower than S2 class, B slower than A etc ... S2 954 should not be faster than S2 998 in straight lines, that's why for the seasonal events you have to tune your car at the maximum number of class available in order to win the event, if a bunch of people show up with lower than max numbers you're not gonna win the event .


As noted above, the PI numbers are a combination of all upgrades etc rather than just speed....this is evidenced by a Motorway race I use for grinding influence: The AI Ford Focus', at around 925 or so (and Audi TTS') PI can match the top speed of my X-Class Aston Martin Vulcan
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 8:40:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
As noted above, the PI numbers are a combination of all upgrades etc rather than just speed....this is evidenced by a Motorway race I use for grinding influence: The AI Ford Focus', at around 925 or so (and Audi TTS') PI can match the top speed of my X-Class Aston Martin Vulcan


The AI definitely has a tendency to throw everything into "power in a straight line" first and everything handling comes second. That's why you'll see things like you mentioned. It can be quite funny at times.

I for example have made a couple of races called "Milk run" with Woodies and older Pickups that are leading through some of the bumpy backroads. They're open class but if you select something like S1 900 the AI simply throws everything into speed but shows up with standard suspension which results in hillarious actions like them just disappearing through hedges after a jump or simply rolling their cars in tighter corners.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 9:00:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlageBLN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
As noted above, the PI numbers are a combination of all upgrades etc rather than just speed....this is evidenced by a Motorway race I use for grinding influence: The AI Ford Focus', at around 925 or so (and Audi TTS') PI can match the top speed of my X-Class Aston Martin Vulcan


The AI definitely has a tendency to throw everything into "power in a straight line" first and everything handling comes second. That's why you'll see things like you mentioned. It can be quite funny at times.

I for example have made a couple of races called "Milk run" with Woodies and older Pickups that are leading through some of the bumpy backroads. They're open class but if you select something like S1 900 the AI simply throws everything into speed but shows up with standard suspension which results in hillarious actions like them just disappearing through hedges after a jump or simply rolling their cars in tighter corners.



Yep, gotta love the funny AI handling....recently had a Classic Car event (think S1, could've bene a seasonal)...all the AI cars were AM DB4s and every single one of them was doing wheelies on acceleration!!
Rank: Driver's License
#47 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 10:59:35 AM(UTC)
My personal tip as a casual driver getting 80% every season, chose a car for the class that needs the most upgrades to meet the spec. Most of the seasonal championships I beat by just fast traveling to the location, looking up the eligible cars, then pick one from my garage that didn't make that list because it's PI is too low. Usually I just search for a tune on the spot and find one with a logical sounding name, like Easy Winter Seasonal A700 or whatever.

I leave rewind off, shift in auto, cut all the inside checkpoint markers and basically follow Hossi the Hoss's tips above.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error