4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 1:07:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: That1OldGuy1972 Go to Quoted Post
Made a few more (failed) attempts at the speed zone and have come to a conclusion. My problem is NOT with the curve into the bridge, but the curve AFTER the bridge. I lose a good 20 miles per hour plus trying to take that corner without sliding off the road. Do winter tires help this at all or is the necessary speed so high that there is no help?

I mean I haven’t tried slicks but I’m going to guess that winter tyres will massively improve your prospects of doing this event.

Try the Ariel Atom with ForbiddenBeef21’s X class tune. It is capable of going 8-10 mph faster than the requirement without the need to bounce off the bridge etc.
#77 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 5:56:39 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - winter - Until 24/06/2021 - SERIES 36
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
50% winter : BACKSTAGE PASS
80% winter : FORD GT70 1970
50% Series 36: BACKSTAGE PASS
80% Series 36: NISSAN PULSAR

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - winter

https://i.imgur.com/dlmRxXi.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 24/06/2021 ** SERIES 36 ** winter

https://i.imgur.com/YgMd6p3.jpg

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub.
You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

A) Photo Challenge: #SCOTLANDTHEBRAVE
Scott Monument in Edinburgh
Reward: Super Wheelspin

B) Forzathon Weekly: Truck
Code Tune VOLVO IRON KNIGHT 2016 :....... 176 048 374

Chapter 4: Win a Road Racing Series event at The Goliath circuit in your Truck in 30 seconds
Share Code:....... 252 563 409

D) The Trial Co-Op Championship: American Car-tographer
Reward: Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX 2016
Code Tune FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR 2011 :....... 818 090 301
Code Tune AMG TRANSPORT DYNAMICS M12S WARTHOG CST 2554 :....... 241 212 502

E) Playground Games winter
Reward: Ford XB Falcon GT 1973
New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.
Code Tune FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 1969 :....... 146 436 631

F) Danger Sign: Rail Yard Ramp
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010 :....... 308 569 021

G) Speed Trap: Hythe House
Code Tune PORSCHE SPYDER 918 2014 :....... 101 877 205

H) Speed Zone: Strathbridge
Code Tune ARIEL ATOM 500 V8 2013 :....... 425 573 327

I) Championship: Tour de Force
Reward: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 1973
Code Tune DODGE CHALLENGER SRT DEMON 2018 :....... 156 224 231

J) Championship: Into the Wilds
Reward: Hoonigan Ford Bronco 1974
Code Tune AMG TRANSPORT DYNAMICS M12S WARTHOG CST 2554 :....... 241 212 502

K) Championship: Small Wonders
Reward: Volkswagen Karmann Ghia 1967
Code Tune VW CLASS 5/1600 BAJA BUG 1969 :....... 133 474 638

*** UPDATE *** Winter
FORZA HORIZON 4: SUPER 7 - Winter
GMC Syclone 1991 is available for completing the Super7 this week.
https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts
I hope this helps you to do the challenges
#78 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 6:36:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mjolnir T Stone Go to Quoted Post
I just signed up for the exclusive purpose of complaining about this speed zone. Look, when the best way to complete it is to bounce off a wall at full speed you’ve failed as a designer.

I guess no one should complain about all the obnoxious players who take the first turn at full speed and completely ruin the race for half the field, because clearly this proves that is the way this game was meant to be played.

You can complete the speed zone without bouncing off the bridge in the Ariel Atom V8 with an X class tune as suggested earlier the thread. The grip and downforce is insane with that car and even I got 144mph and I lost a bit of speed around the last corner by drifting a bit.

Perhaps. I don’t know and I don’t need to know. It didn’t take me that long. Second attempt at just slamming full speed into the bridge and I cleared 150mph. So it’s that or use one or two other cars in the entire game I suppose.

I stand by it. Garbage design. Slamming full speed into a bridge should never be better than good driving. Ever.
#79 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 6:55:00 AM(UTC)
It would be very nice of ManteoMax if he could place emphasis on "previously available" when listing Forzathon "Exclusives" in his future posts.
“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” - George Carlin
#80 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 7:15:45 AM(UTC)
I managed both the speed zone and the camera with a Ferrari 599XX Evo. It has race springs, stock wheels and sits level.

I ran mid 140mph in the zone with a bit more to get out of it. I was slowed down more on this run from hitting the bridge too hard. Other attempts I had a slight drift tap on the bridge but didn't get the rest of it right.

I hit the speed camera at 207mph from the south after a couple of attempts.

The tune is shared as "Winter"

Also, if anyone needs I shared a 2015 Dodge Challenger Winter road race tune for the Tour de Force championship. It has the flares and low spoiler rather than the Forza aero. Won on unbeatable.
#81 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 7:23:41 AM(UTC)
Speed zone tip:

I used El Barto tune for Hoonigan RS200 -> super easy - 240 km/h+ !!!

Edited by user Saturday, June 19, 2021 7:26:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 9:04:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RA Soeldner Go to Quoted Post
in the game there is a text error in the german version. just checked it now and in the game it says "colossus" not goliath.

For anyone that does not want to complete the looooong Goliath, look for the "Iron Knight One Quick Lap" custom event, which actually takes approx 35 seconds!

Edited by user Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:04:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 10:04:00 AM(UTC)
Ok, so I have been away for a bit. Trying to transition work-modes has been crazy so I'm still not 100% back yet.

But if you think I was going to miss an opportunity to run Dirt Track Date on a Trial, you are fooling yourself.

As soon as I saw it was for any American-made car...hey, Cadillac is an American car. What's the rating? A800? Hmm, I have a limo that is A800. Oh yeah.

It runs great, holds a nice controlled slide when lining up for the jumps without the tendency to go wide like a few of my other builds. Only ran it once so far but placed 2nd-2nd-1st. Only placed second to a very aggressive teammate" who was rather combative. I received a "We're on the same team" text AS he was trying to push me wide of a gate. Nice. So whatever, I'll hang in 2nd for the win, I'm ok with that. On Windmill (one of my favorites) I passed him in mid-air and then just took off. It is so much easier without the haybales to deal with.

I've done the rest but nothing to post about. Speed trap was tricky, speed zone was a tough challenge for sure. I remember a few PR stunts that didn't bide well in Winter, this for sure is one of them. I did it by accident in the RS200. I botched the East-to-West approach which ended up clearing some obstacles when trying it on the return. I'll do what I've done before and see what other vehicles I can get to do it. But it feels really limited for sure. Might break out the VW ID R as that thing normally can hold all manners of turns. Aston Martin Vulcan comes to mind as well. Haven't tried the Atom yet, but will.
#84 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 11:49:30 AM(UTC)
DELETE!

Edited by user Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:04:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#85 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 6:03:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RA Soeldner Go to Quoted Post
in the game there is a text error in the german version. just checked it now and in the game it says "colossus" not goliath.

For anyone that does not want to complete the looooong Goliath, look for the "Iron Knight One Quick Lap" custom event, which actually takes approx 35 seconds!

I don't normally go in for blueprint abuse strats. But in this case, I decided to make an exception.
#86 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 9:19:11 PM(UTC)
Hmm, I have been in a couple of session on the Trial where people were running an Inifiniti Q50. I wouldn't think that would qualify, the country of origin must have been misfiled.

The Plymouth Atomic Punk is definitely overpowered in this event. Hard to lose with that car.
#87 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 5:08:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
The Plymouth Atomic Punk is definitely overpowered in this event. Hard to lose with that car.

Absolutely.

Once it's in front it's gone, see you later, nice racing with you, don't bother trying to catch up.
#88 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 6:14:35 AM(UTC)
I really enjoyed the truck race on the Goliath. Decided to do the full Goliath because, well, why not? Could have gone for something with top speed stats but went for a Unimog on a grip tune....the Iron Knights caught up with me exiting Edinburgh and, for the rest of the lap, it was a running battle trying to block the road to stop them passing....had the widest Unimog ever!!! Every now and again, one would brake too much and they would all fall back then quickly close back up only to repeat it..finally got away from them on the downhill run past the Windmill
#89 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 6:58:54 AM(UTC)
Thanks for reminding me, that Bone Shaker and Atomic punk are also an option ... very OP :)

Updated my initial post on page 3, with tunes for those two.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#90 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 7:51:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: That1OldGuy1972 Go to Quoted Post
Made a few more (failed) attempts at the speed zone and have come to a conclusion. My problem is NOT with the curve into the bridge, but the curve AFTER the bridge. I lose a good 20 miles per hour plus trying to take that corner without sliding off the road. Do winter tires help this at all or is the necessary speed so high that there is no help?

When I did it I cut across some of that corner by accident, and didn't get failed.

This is what I referred to previously about going off-piste. The only way I found to maintain some speed after the bridge was to cut the left corner immediately after and take a wider line entering the final right. Event does seem to disproportionately scrub speed there in my experience.

Having recorded 140+ I can't be bothered to revisit and try do it 'clean' with some of the OP suggestions. Have had more fun running the boneshaker in trial. Yes its OP, and then some, but I'll take that as payback for the speedzone. Not tried the AP yet but may give that a go at some point.

And on the discussion about rewind, just my tuppence but its not a metric recorded by the game so doesn't bother me in the slightest. Happy to state that I used it many times for this event. Didn't always help mind, re traffic!
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 8:30:15 AM(UTC)
I got it without the bounce when I came into the zone at a higher speed because for once there was no traffic making me move and messing up my line. Traffic can be extremely distracting.
#92 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 10:21:50 AM(UTC)
Signed in just to say you can avoid all traffic by starting a job or story mission then exiting. Traffic stays gone until you fast travel or order a different car. I learned that here in this thread a few pages back.

I did that and used the FXX E for the speed trap, but still can't get that speed zone. Last time I used a tune from this thread and all the tips, still 2 mph under. Can you get 80% without that?

Edited by user Sunday, June 20, 2021 10:25:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2021 11:34:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for reminding me, that Bone Shaker and Atomic punk are also an option ... very OP :)

Updated my initial post on page 3, with tunes for those two.

Shelby Daytona is really good too, if you get a tune with snow tires.

#94 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 8:04:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Salfox69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GRiiD Two Go to Quoted Post

Sorry my game didn't allow any speed zone and kick me out instantly, so I can't feel your pain, and did they make more traffic than usual this season?

Yes me too, as soon as you enter in the speed zone the game crashes, new bug?
This happens only on PC, on xbox no problem

Still no fix on this. Cannot do any speed zone or drift zone on PC, just keep crashing.
It didn't crash for 2hrs of play tonight, also played some game online, so don't think its my PC or connection problem.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRiiD Two Go to Quoted Post

Still no fix on this. Cannot do any speed zone or drift zone on PC, just keep crashing.
It didn't crash for 2hrs of play tonight, also played some game online, so don't think its my PC or connection problem.

It is something related to the account, as I wrote in another thread, in my case on same computer the game crashes in speed zone and drift zone only on my primary account, with my secondary account the game works as intended

#96 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 1:52:26 PM(UTC)
From 1 perspective it is kind of hard to argue against the stunt choice this week, I don't think I've ever seen this many posts in a weekly events thread.

I hope I don't come across as elitist here but it is quite refreshing to see something with some degree of difficulty for once, even with the correct car you still need to drive well to complete it.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error