3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 6:12:55 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what will happen to the Festival's Playlist and seasonal events once FH5 has been released and development for Forza 4 stops?
Will the game loop through previous events?
Will there be a way for players to obtain Hard-to-Find besides buying from the Auction House?

Kind regards,
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 7:17:06 PM(UTC)
They usually keep the previous release rolling for a year or two after the new game is released. Most likely reusing previous events. A lot of the events have rolled around a half dozen times or so already.

The Steam release is still new-ish, and a lot of content is otherwise unattainable, so they sortof have to keep it around for a while if they want Steam versions to have any value.

I'd imagine they'll keep the seasonal events going for a good couple years or so at least, even if it is just repeats.
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 11:20:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Siegfried XB Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what will happen to the Festival's Playlist and seasonal events once FH5 has been released and development for Forza 4 stops?
Will there be a way for players to obtain Hard-to-Find besides buying from the Auction House?

Kind regards,

It already loops through previous events, you just won't get any new cars.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 12:30:19 AM(UTC)
I hope that it is implemented in a way that new players can still obtain all hard-to-find cars. Maybe random cars in the Forzathon shop and allow players to use backstage passes to buy any car that can't be otherwise obtained in game.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 6:41:08 AM(UTC)
And I'm once again reminded of how terrible PGG is at making events. Can't wait to do muscle cars on dirt a million times over and never on road once.

Seriously, how are we this deep into the game and have never had a WRX vs Evo street race?

I really hope custom championships are back in 5.
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
And I'm once again reminded of how terrible PGG is at making events. Can't wait to do muscle cars on dirt a million times over and never on road once.

Seriously, how are we this deep into the game and have never had a WRX vs Evo street race?

I really hope custom championships are back in 5.

I agree, regardless of all the niggles I have with the game custom championships being removed remains the most baffling thing.

All I've ever been able to come up with to explain it is triple-A gaming's favourite 2 words of the past few years.

Live service.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 10:08:43 AM(UTC)
Keeping in mind how low (they should) sells are going to be, FH4 is not going to last more than a few months after, and honestly i dont really care about FH5, since of course, like any smart player im not going to waste a single euro on FH5. Not after the disaster of FH4.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:43:05 AM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Kind regards,

When FH4 eventually becomes EOL, then I suspect that they would do the same thing as FH3 and just put in a number of final, never expiring Forzathon events (FH3 ones were winning a certain number of races, Snowman skills, Hot Wheels skills etc)
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 4:43:28 AM(UTC)
I can't see any reason they just wouldn't restart the playlist again or randomise it just without any new cars. Plenty still for new players to work on.

Forzathon could continue and same with the shop and Super7 just restarted or randomised.

Fairly easy to do and automate the whole thing.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:28:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Kind regards,

When FH4 eventually becomes EOL, then I suspect that they would do the same thing as FH3 and just put in a number of final, never expiring Forzathon events (FH3 ones were winning a certain number of races, Snowman skills, Hot Wheels skills etc)

I only completed FH3 about a year ago, and it was totally playable, because it had a bucket list of tasks to achieve.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:30:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:31:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BruskLawyer6315 Go to Quoted Post
I can't see any reason they just wouldn't restart the playlist again or randomise it just without any new cars. Plenty still for new players to work on.

Forzathon could continue and same with the shop and Super7 just restarted or randomised.

I took them 2 years to figure out how to make the manufacturer menu in the auction house.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 9:44:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I took them 2 years to figure out how to make the manufacturer menu in the auction house.

Hah, wonder what the source looks like for code reuse.

Anyone else notice how backstage pass has it's own weird \ jerky movement when scrolling left \ right? Why wouldn't you use existing grid behaviour for this instead of the janky let's make a new grid and behaviour for this well thought out backstage feature.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 10:35:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Flexman Esq Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Hah, wonder what the source looks like for code reuse.

Anyone else notice how backstage pass has it's own weird \ jerky movement when scrolling left \ right? Why wouldn't you use existing grid behaviour for this instead of the janky let's make a new grid and behaviour for this well thought out backstage feature.

For some reason they program many things many times instead of just jumping to the same code. That's what beginner programmers do.
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:03:06 AM(UTC)
Do we think now FH5 is penned in for Nov we will get updates up until then with new cars? This leaves Jul, Aug, Sept and Oct.

#15 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 10:57:36 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Kind regards,

I was also wondering, what will happen in a few years when they decide to close down the online servers (pull the plug) for FH4, as well as for the previous ones. Will we still be able to jump in and feed our "nostalgia" when it kicks or will we be greeted with a shutten door everytime we try to log into the game(s)? I'm aware FH4 is a live service game or at least it has been until now but it's not online only like The Crew and we can play it entirely offline if we feel like doing so. Therefore I hope we'll not get locked out of the game if such thing happens (it will eventually someday for them to save resources or in case Playground Games gets closed by Microsoft).

What do you guys think?

Edited by user Friday, July 9, 2021 10:58:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error