1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 9:59:53 AM(UTC)
In a normal car, as we all know, I can hold my foot on the brake and the accelerator so that way i'll have a higher rev count when I need to gain traction again at the end of my turn, simple enough right?
I'm wondering why I can't do that in this game though? I am using the Logitech G920 and as soon as my foot touches the brake I instantly lose my RPM. It just makes no sense to me. Especially in a racing simulation, why the brakes would be directly corelated to the accelerator in any way? Brakes are used on the wheels not on the engine? I've had this setup for almost 2 years now, and quite honestly i've been extremely disappointed with the "reality" aspect of the game and wheel combined. Nothing is just plug and play, and for a true simulation feel, you honestly have to change the controller settings every time you get in a different car, otherwise you end up driving an F1 engine with Miata steering... if i'm doing something wrong or you've found the secret settings for all this to work please let me know <3
#2 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 5:20:08 AM(UTC)
Are you talking about rev matching? You can rev match.

I don't really understand what you're talking about, holding revs while slowing down? What kind of a technique is that? You'd have to hold down all three pedals :D In theory I guess you can do it by selecting manual clutch, but there's absolutely no reason to ever do that.

Also, yeah, the revs drop if you brake, the engine crank is connected to the wheels by a driveline, that's how the wheels move. That's why when driving up the hill you have to push the accelerator harder because the forces work both ways.
#3 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 5:25:46 AM(UTC)
It always worked in any Forza so it's your wrong setup.

Notification

Icon
Error