1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 4:18:53 PM(UTC)
You know the guy. That one guy who's always at the front. When a new track comes up he switches to a new car, when that same track comes back up later he switches back to that same car he used last time. It seems like he has a spreadsheet printed out next to him titled "best cars to use per track/class" and references it before every single race. He always comes at least 10 seconds ahead of second place. He never responds to messages, or if he does he simply tells you to "get good at the game." He uses manual with clutch but isn't quite fast enough so the revs bounce off the limiter for a full second before he actually gets it into the next gear.

This guy always makes me want to throw away this game and never come back to it.

Sure, using the leaderboard topping car for every individual track will usually mean a win or podium, but is that fun? Is it really fun to always use the Hotwheels Mustang every single time Bernese Alps comes up? Is it fun to use a car that has absolutely no handling upgrades yet is AWD and V10/12 swapped every time Le Man comes up?

What is going on with these people? And it's very rarely I see more than one of these people in a lobby, but there is always one.

Personally I always use a BMW of some sort, as I really like their older (2005 and before) cars, they look good, sound good, and handle good. I never do any swaps, if it's rear wheel drive than it stays that way, naturally aspirated if it didn't come from the factory with a turbo or supercharger, and it's a sin to swap engines in my opinion.

If you're one of these people that always uses "the best car" for a given track, and you end up winning by more than a few seconds, what is your reasoning? Is doing it that way fun for you? Would it still be fun if everyone else did it too and you realized it was just the car letting you win instead of your skill? Not that I'm saying you aren't skilled, but what if that were to happen?

Please try to keep this thread civil, I don't want any hate or anything thrown about. But I'm seriously considering putting Forza down forever because of this singular thing. Gran Turismo is looking mighty appealing what with all the races where the outcome is based entirely on player skill as everyone is using the exact same car with the exact same upgrades or lack thereof.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:42:24 PM(UTC)
Chances are you can't beat them anyway. If you can then use the same car and beat them otherwise you have nothing to say.

The only time I ever agree with this is for the cars that are legitimately breaking the in-game system ie. class e/f full speed cars that break the class system, extremely lightweight cars like the isetta, 4WD cars like the bone shaker, etc. you can see these broken cars on the LB for rivals. Other than that you have no reason to complain as chances are, you probably can't beat them anyway.

FYI go try out iRacing, or don't, because most drivers who play that game are faster than 99% of this community.

Edit: To make this even more clear, the difference between me using a LB car and a non-LB car is about 1-3 seconds, 1 second for shorter tracks, 3 seconds for longer tracks and this is for the slowest cars that I would use in class. So if you are that far behind someone, as I stated, it's not the car, it's the driver.

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:59:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 8:56:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Randomly7552 Go to Quoted Post
You know the guy. That one guy who's always at the front. When a new track comes up he switches to a new car, when that same track comes back up later he switches back to that same car he used last time. It seems like he has a spreadsheet printed out next to him titled "best cars to use per track/class" and references it before every single race. He always comes at least 10 seconds ahead of second place. He never responds to messages, or if he does he simply tells you to "get good at the game." He uses manual with clutch but isn't quite fast enough so the revs bounce off the limiter for a full second before he actually gets it into the next gear.

This guy always makes me want to throw away this game and never come back to it.

Sure, using the leaderboard topping car for every individual track will usually mean a win or podium, but is that fun? Is it really fun to always use the Hotwheels Mustang every single time Bernese Alps comes up? Is it fun to use a car that has absolutely no handling upgrades yet is AWD and V10/12 swapped every time Le Man comes up?

What is going on with these people? And it's very rarely I see more than one of these people in a lobby, but there is always one.

Personally I always use a BMW of some sort, as I really like their older (2005 and before) cars, they look good, sound good, and handle good. I never do any swaps, if it's rear wheel drive than it stays that way, naturally aspirated if it didn't come from the factory with a turbo or supercharger, and it's a sin to swap engines in my opinion.

If you're one of these people that always uses "the best car" for a given track, and you end up winning by more than a few seconds, what is your reasoning? Is doing it that way fun for you? Would it still be fun if everyone else did it too and you realized it was just the car letting you win instead of your skill? Not that I'm saying you aren't skilled, but what if that were to happen?

Please try to keep this thread civil, I don't want any hate or anything thrown about. But I'm seriously considering putting Forza down forever because of this singular thing. Gran Turismo is looking mighty appealing what with all the races where the outcome is based entirely on player skill as everyone is using the exact same car with the exact same upgrades or lack thereof.

If you consider that which cars people run on any track is really none of your business then you’re not likely to find any peace. I’ve had to come to terms with ugly corner cutters rejoicing with a car spin at the finish line in first place. Peace.
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:51:32 PM(UTC)
I am that guy sorry. I do have a spreadsheet for recommended handling for every track/class and add .1 for night and add 0.2 for rain.

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:53:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:27:23 AM(UTC)
Don't worry about it, let them play solo. These people don't care, all they want to feel is the rush of winning so they think they're good even if it means there is no competition in the first place and it's not even ranked lol. I use whatever cars i like in real life and just enjoy racing with the pack of people who aren't tryhards either. Stopped caring about 1st place a long time ago. Still feels pretty nice to beat the Lotus GT1/Alfa 33 etc losers with an average car.

I also use manual clutch for older cars and skip any version of lemans/marina instantly.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:45:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error