#1 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:04:22 AM(UTC)
Hi,

I picked Forza 7 PC and Logitech Driving Force GT wheel with RSR Paddle shift. I'm finding it hard to feel the speed, I keep having to look at the speedo. I'm racing at Brands Hatch Indy circuit in an Exige S where I have been and got driver instruction. It feels a lot slower than in real car speed. I drive a 987 Boxster, the Exige S is more powerful and should give better feedback as it's a more dedicated racing/track machine. I'm wondering whether it's the lack of G forces, vibrations through your bum. Do you think I need a better steering wheel like Thrustmaster TS-PC?

The PC 6 core Intel 3.4GHz CPU and a nVidia GTX 1070 GPU, 32GB RAM and an SSD, TV support 120Hz at 1080P. The frame rate I'm getting is 60FPS with vertical sync, which I'm happy with. I'm racing with the simulation mode on and ABS and stability control on in a Lotus Exige S.

Thanks
Haider
#2 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 1:05:58 PM(UTC)
Hello and welcome!

Playing with a wheel in Forza is a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it and dialed in, it can be fun and u can get fairly fast times. I would say to adjust your FOV and see if that helps with speed, but who needs such things anyway. The FOV is probably alot lower than you are use to compared to real life, and is typical for racing sims to keep fov low so details come at you relatively slowly, which allows you to race faster.

Keep an eye on track markers/indicators for braking points, once you've done a couple laps, you should have a good idea of how fast the car can slow down. If you're at full speed off a straight, do you need to start braking at the 100, or maybe the 50 brake marker? You'll get use it with practice.

I'd turn all assists off, especially stability, abs not so much and is preference on most cars. If want a new wheel, maybe go for a new Fanatec CSL DD for high precision force feedback. A 'Buttkicker' under your cockpit can help with 'seat of pants feel'. If you boot the game up and its lagging, check the video settings again, they reset to default often whenever an update happens.

Good luck out there!

Notification

Icon
Error