5 Pages<<345Prev
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#101 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:05:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WritesCode4Food Go to Quoted Post
You do realize that the top 1% of the drivers are only 1% of the income of Turn 10? By saying 'dumbed down' about the bulk of their income isn't fair. If you want it harder, make it harder yourself. Appeasing a minority who want's the company to make it "challenging" for the few while taking the fun out of the game for the majority is not good business.

Making it a bit challenging now & again (although i'd like it more often) is More Than Welcome.., make us earn it for a change.., unless u don't like u'r skills tested.
...now cue the part where u tell me that racing online or against friends or having achieved 100% in the game is more than enough proof that u have skills
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
#102 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:15:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, finished it yesterday just because of the little Horizon Life spawn protection exploit after you use the rewind function.

This doesn't work in single player, so you will have a hard time doing it.

Not really fair PG/T10, tbh.

I agree that the if this is the only way to get the achievement, it's not fair. Personally I think every achievement should be possible without resorting to a "trick" like a short cut through a forest or a design feature. Just show us the route and measure the time it takes to drive over, through or past it.

Obviously this isn’t the only way. A little skill is another way...

I sure hope PGG isn’t reading this and thinking they have to dumb down the game to cater to unskilled drivers. These Forzathon’s should be hard, they should take some effort. These challenges are the only fun aspect of the game at this point. It’s the only reason I get on anymore.

I would like to see the weekly Forzathons tweaked a bit though to act a little more like FH3’s system. I don’t lile the system of just getting points for completing. That really takes the urge to complete these away. I’m not doing them for the points, but for the challenge aspect of it (which is hardly any). You get enough points by doing live events or daily challenges. I think they should keep the daily challenges as points, but the weekly challenge should give a unique FE car, or even a new unique car like FH3 did. I’d even be ok with it giving a large amount of credits are super rare/unique clothing items. These cars/items would ONLY be available to those who complete the weekly forzathons. And keep the weekly challenges difficult like this speed trap. If people aren’t skilled enough, tough luck, you don’t get the special car. Grind out the credits and buy it on the AH if you miss out.

The above process I think would feel more like a true challenge, and it would be something to actually work for. Right now the challenges feel like you’re just doing them to have something more to complete in the game, not for any particular reward.

You do realize that the top 1% of the drivers are only 1% of the income of Turn 10? By saying 'dumbed down' about the bulk of their income isn't fair. If you want it harder, make it harder yourself. Appeasing a minority who want's the company to make it "challenging" for the few while taking the fun out of the game for the majority is not good business.

I’m not saying top 1% at all lol. I’m not even top 25% on most speed traps or drift zones or speed zones, but I didn’t find this challenge impossible. It was a solid challenge and that’s what I like. Games shouldn’t be easy.

Look, I’m not saying take away easy challenges for the average player. Keep those in for easy points and stuff. What I am suggesting is keep in more challenging challenges like this one for special, super unique and rare items like cars and clothing that are only available for completing the hardest challenges. This would be a good way to give the people who want a challenge something fun to work towards, but also reward the best players with unique items. If a lower skill player isn’t able to get these items through the challenge, they could always grind out the credits and get one off the AH.

#103 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:29:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, finished it yesterday just because of the little Horizon Life spawn protection exploit after you use the rewind function.

I agree that the if this is the only way to get the achievement, it's not fair. Personally I think every achievement should be possible without resorting to a "trick" like a short cut through a forest or a design feature. Just show us the route and measure the time it takes to drive over, through or past it.

But it's not the only way to 3 star the speed trap
You can do it easily by driving fast without any cutting corners or glitch or even rewinding

Also what achievement are you talking about..thereis no achievement

It's not on the Achievements list, but if you read the text closely they use the word "Achievement" in the text for some weekly challenges. The word Achievement can be used for more than one purpose.
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#104 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:42:30 AM(UTC)

Obviously this isn’t the only way. A little skill is another way...

I sure hope PGG isn’t reading this and thinking they have to dumb down the game to cater to unskilled drivers. These Forzathon’s should be hard, they should take some effort. These challenges are the only fun aspect of the game at this point. It’s the only reason I get on anymore.

I would like to see the weekly Forzathons tweaked a bit though to act a little more like FH3’s system. I don’t lile the system of just getting points for completing. That really takes the urge to complete these away. I’m not doing them for the points, but for the challenge aspect of it (which is hardly any). You get enough points by doing live events or daily challenges. I think they should keep the daily challenges as points, but the weekly challenge should give a unique FE car, or even a new unique car like FH3 did. I’d even be ok with it giving a large amount of credits are super rare/unique clothing items. These cars/items would ONLY be available to those who complete the weekly forzathons. And keep the weekly challenges difficult like this speed trap. If people aren’t skilled enough, tough luck, you don’t get the special car. Grind out the credits and buy it on the AH if you miss out.

The above process I think would feel more like a true challenge, and it would be something to actually work for. Right now the challenges feel like you’re just doing them to have something more to complete in the game, not for any particular reward.

I’m not saying top 1% at all lol. I’m not even top 25% on most speed traps or drift zones or speed zones, but I didn’t find this challenge impossible. It was a solid challenge and that’s what I like. Games shouldn’t be easy.

Look, I’m not saying take away easy challenges for the average player. Keep those in for easy points and stuff. What I am suggesting is keep in more challenging challenges like this one for special, super unique and rare items like cars and clothing that are only available for completing the hardest challenges. This would be a good way to give the people who want a challenge something fun to work towards, but also reward the best players with unique items. If a lower skill player isn’t able to get these items through the challenge, they could always grind out the credits and get one off the AH.

I work either part time or full time in gaming. That's why my handle is "WritesCode4Food" because it's true. Keeping players engaged is about the dophamine rush from completing tasks in the game. It's not about bragging rights (because most people don't care about other's success) so it's all about keeping the vast majority happy and playing the game. In the industry the constant battle is keeping the better players happy without losing the majority, because if you lose the majority, the game could die.

So, giving more credits for beating Unbeatable drivators is a great design. Better players can get more credit faster and others can play at a pace that suits them. That's the way it should be.

The Forzathon challenges have to appeal to the masses and keep that dophamine rush going. My teenage sons rarely play Forza because either it's too grindy or the challenges too hard. Both are top players in other games. In fact, my youngest son has potential to be a professional eSports player. He's freaky good when he's motivated by the game.

It's all economics, you have to keep the masses happy or they won't spend money on the game and unless it's a rare blockbuster title like FIFA or GTA, margins are tight. Every aspect of the game should be possible for most players without massive time commitments otherwise you could lose your audience and from personal experience I've seen games die because only the top portion of players were still playing and it wasn't enough to pay the bills.

PS Games like this that are content rich are the most expensive to make. You need a LOT of artists and even with offshore workers it's very time consuming and expensive.

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:45:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#105 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:54:22 AM(UTC)
I love the Morgan 3 wheeler so despite my previous frustration I gave this weeks Forzathon a go and enjoyed it! Nice to not have spent 100k's in the process too.
 2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:42:13 PM(UTC)

I fully understand the business side of this.

But it is not fun being told - hey make the game harder for yourself by using garbage cars, builds or tunes. Especially where there are ways in which the game can cater to all.

1. Provide a wide enough range of difficulties so everyone can find the level of challenge they want. In Project Cars they did this via a slider where the hard end would be harder than unbeatable here and the easy end easier than new driver. They do not need to use the hardest difficulty for xbox achievements.

2. For Forzathon make the main weekly and daily challenges achieveable by the masses and add a bonus challenge that is hard.

3. Add a 4 star level on stunts which does nothing other than trigger a 4 star rating ie 3 star is good enough for achievements, meaningful rewards etc.

In short have the difficulty in the game but make it more optional.

I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 10:43:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

But it is not fun being told - hey make the game harder for yourself by using garbage cars, builds or tunes. Especially where there are ways in which the game can cater to all.

1. Provide a wide enough range of difficulties so everyone can find the level of challenge they want. In Project Cars they did this via a slider where the hard end would be harder than unbeatable here and the easy end easier than new driver. They do not need to use the hardest difficulty for xbox achievements.

2. For Forzathon make the main weekly and daily challenges achieveable by the masses and add a bonus challenge that is hard.

3. Add a 4 star level on stunts which does nothing other than trigger a 4 star rating ie 3 star is good enough for achievements, meaningful rewards etc.

I agree with your last three points. Allow the masses to complete most challenges to keep them engaged and give everyone the option on every challenge to make it harder.
#108 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 12:18:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

I agree with your last three points. Allow the masses to complete most challenges to keep them engaged and give everyone the option on every challenge to make it harder.

That is literally what my point was in my posts...

#109 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 10:59:17 AM(UTC)
I did it in the Apollo Intenesa Emozione X999 tune by Honow
#110 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:13:43 AM(UTC)
i`m not sure why you replied to such a old thread
Amd Ryzen 7 5800x, Nvidia RTX 3070, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Dell S3220DGF
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error