#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 7:49:29 AM(UTC)
My 1050 laptop could run this on high settings 60fps (with the occasional dip) until recently. But sometime around the steam release, my windows store copy of the game has been dropping frames so often that it's bordering on being unplayable. I only ever came to horizon for the drifting but that's become hopeless now that the game keeps freezing every few seconds.
I paid more for this game on the windows store, long before it came to steam and it used to run fine. Why would a steam release have anything to do with the original game? Online/offline mode makes no difference, it still stutters. What's even more ridiculous is that it happens on all graphic settings. Even on lowest at 720p :(
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:39:44 AM(UTC)
My laptop with i7 and GTX1060, still has no problems running on high, @60 fps, on 1080p, everything up to date, except GFX drivers, that's 436.30
Maybe worth checking on free space on your primary/game drive.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:48:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
There are often posts here from others with nvidia cards who previously had good performance but then suddenly have very low framerates, even on the lowest settings. I don't know the solution but I imagine it is solvable at your end somehow. I don't think the game has changed because I also have the Windows Store version and an nvidia GPU and performance for me has not dropped. But I have read stories previously of some people even with faster GPUs, having the same problem as you.

Maybe try changing or reinstalling the nvidia driver first.

I assume you have made sure that Windows is not doing something else while the game is running btw.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:42:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:54:29 AM(UTC)
People get the same problems on consoles. Before Steam, the game was fairly stable on my Xbox One S, but since the release of Steam I'm getting freezes, crashes, lag and stuttering like I have never seen before in the 2+ years I have been playing.
I'll be getting the Xbox Series S later this week and I suspect the problems will still be there. I know people on series have been reporting these problems, so I don't expect series S to be any better.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 10:46:24 AM(UTC)
Check energysettings or gamemode and this stuff
it runs fine 1080p@~60fps (dynamic ultra setting) on my devmachine (1050ti)
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:15:17 AM(UTC)
The setting might have changed automatically because i was having this same problem but i looked in the game settings and the fps lock was 20 fps.
Amd Ryzen 7 5800x, Nvidia RTX 3070, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Dell S3220DGF
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:43:45 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the replies, though I don't know how I can solve it on my end since there is no option to check and replace missing/corrupted files without reinstalling the game.
I did not see anything out of the ordinary in task manager, so I doubt windows is doing something. But then again, task manager is not a very reliable thing.
Power settings are as usual, on high performance; charger is plugged in ofc.

My drivers are something I omitted to check. Admittedly, I have faced certain problems with fm7 in the past because of incompatible drivers. I'll try updating or rolling back. Tell you guys if that works.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:02:33 PM(UTC)
Quite a bit more stuttering for me on. my Series X since the Steam update.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:43:48 PM(UTC)
Graphics card issue, as someone suggested about Nvidia? No. My AMD is having the same issues. I've reverted to old drivers, updated them all, rebooted, ran diagnostics on my hardware and have had zero resolution thus far.

Platform issue with Xbox or Steam? Nah. Even Win10 is stuttering a lot lately.

The issues generally crop up for me when I'm doing anything related to online play. Forzathon Live, Eliminator, Online Ranked modes, Trial, Playgrounds and anything done while in a convoy. I was eventually able to complete Trial this week, but only solo queue. Every time we tried to group up to do Trial, the game would get so bad that you stuttered into the first few corners because you skipped around a lot. Just finished it last night when I finally got a group of randoms that wanted to win.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:23:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Memnarch420 Go to Quoted Post
Graphics card issue, as someone suggested about Nvidia? No. My AMD is having the same issues. I've reverted to old drivers, updated them all, rebooted, ran diagnostics on my hardware and have had zero resolution thus far.

Platform issue with Xbox or Steam? Nah. Even Win10 is stuttering a lot lately.

The issues generally crop up for me when I'm doing anything related to online play. Forzathon Live, Eliminator, Online Ranked modes, Trial, Playgrounds and anything done while in a convoy. I was eventually able to complete Trial this week, but only solo queue. Every time we tried to group up to do Trial, the game would get so bad that you stuttered into the first few corners because you skipped around a lot. Just finished it last night when I finally got a group of randoms that wanted to win.

That is because of Steam, as much as people don't want to say so. I can literally tell when Steam players enter the lobby, it will go from fairly normal times between races up to 25-40 minute wait times, if the game does not outright crash before then.
Steam has released several stability patches so far, but none are doing any good. I suspect the Team engine is the root cause, they wanted to be their own stand alone platform, and it should have stayed that way.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:56:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emperor7444 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the replies, though I don't know how I can solve it on my end since there is no option to check and replace missing/corrupted files without reinstalling the game.
I did not see anything out of the ordinary in task manager, so I doubt windows is doing something. But then again, task manager is not a very reliable thing.

My drivers are something I omitted to check. Admittedly, I have faced certain problems with fm7 in the past because of incompatible drivers. I'll try updating or rolling back. Tell you guys if that works.

First thing I'd check is to make sure that the in-game fps is still at 60fps....only reason I mention it is because last Summer I had been happily playing the game for months with around 60fps or so...then one day I started getting stuttering (every 100m on the Motorway there would be a momentary pause) and, after some investigation, found that the game was running at 150fps and the stutters coincided with the fps dropping down to 70 or so then back up. Probably would have been fine on a 144Hz monitor but mine is a 60-75Hz one....changed the in-game setting to 60fps locked and it was fine after that.

Beyond that, it sounds like a Graphics Driver issue...it may be that the driver has been updated recently as there have been lots of updates over the last few months. My GPU is a more recent model, the 2060 Super, but is still not latest gen and I am getting at least monthly updates currently. If it has been updated recently, then I'd look at rolling back to a previous driver version and seeing what that does.
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 6:15:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post
That is because of Steam .....

Why is it Steam? Few months ago it was the GamePass...

lagging "non steam user"
https://streamable.com/1qfd13

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/
FH4: Current Players ~13k

if current fh4 mp infrastructure is unable to deal with these additional 13k players then it's not their (steamusers) fault
they knew before it adds new ppl and they forgot to scale properly

and it's not diff game it's same with steamapi integration

or problem is here
https://status.playfab.com/

anyway the stuttering here is some gfx problem not mp related

#13 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 12:56:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Emperor7444 Go to Quoted Post

First thing I'd check is to make sure that the in-game fps is still at 60fps....only reason I mention it is because last Summer I had been happily playing the game for months with around 60fps or so...then one day I started getting stuttering (every 100m on the Motorway there would be a momentary pause) and, after some investigation, found that the game was running at 150fps and the stutters coincided with the fps dropping down to 70 or so then back up. Probably would have been fine on a 144Hz monitor but mine is a 60-75Hz one....changed the in-game setting to 60fps locked and it was fine after that.

Beyond that, it sounds like a Graphics Driver issue...it may be that the driver has been updated recently as there have been lots of updates over the last few months. My GPU is a more recent model, the 2060 Super, but is still not latest gen and I am getting at least monthly updates currently. If it has been updated recently, then I'd look at rolling back to a previous driver version and seeing what that does.

I always have it locked at 60.

Notification

Icon
Error