2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:50:45 AM(UTC)
I am a bit lost in the maths here. There is not more high ranked whether you have the filter of max 1 rank lower/1 max higher or not.
Other way to state it, there is X high ranked players, no matter low ranked are allowed to play with you, won't do any difference, does it ?

The higher is rank , the lesser you need players. Just look at the reality, on ranked, when 2 rank 1 or 2 come in a race, the rank 10 or lower, are just not playing the same race. The high ranked are doing their own race within the race. It's applicable to all level.

Huge advantages of rank filter under and above are
- You play with people close to your level putting almost same quantity of points on the table
- Strategy that consists in having mates joining to play blockers is blocked unless you consider easy to find some mates ready to wreck their level 2 or 3 for instance, just to help you on one championship ( because after, with points loss, they are gone )
- You can have specific constraints depending on level, for instance, collisions costs, assistance not allowed, ...
- Being rammed by beginners is gone quickly as you ranked up
- No more wasted time and points playing races where the only possible gain is to keep you rank and the risk is to loose huge qty of points.

Just consider that currently with you start a ranked lobby, you being high level and finding yourself with levels like 15 or 20 , another High ranked may start another lobby 3 minutes after you and have the very same experience. The current system is even lowering your chances to play with people of same level just to make you play pointless races.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 3:13:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
I am a bit lost in the maths here. There is not more high ranked whether you have the filter of max 1 rank lower/1 max higher or not.
Other way to state it, there is X high ranked players, no matter low ranked are allowed to play with you, won't do any difference, does it ?

The higher is rank , the lesser you need players. Just look at the reality, on ranked, when 2 rank 1 or 2 come in a race, the rank 10 or lower, are just not playing the same race. The high ranked are doing their own race within the race. It's applicable to all level.

- You play with people close to your level putting almost same quantity of points on the table
- Strategy that consists in having mates joining to play blockers is blocked unless you consider easy to find some mates ready to wreck their level 2 or 3 for instance, just to help you on one championship ( because after, with points loss, they are gone )
- You can have specific constraints depending on level, for instance, collisions costs, assistance not allowed, ...
- No more wasted time and points playing races where the only possible gain is to keep you rank and the risk is to loose huge qty of points.

Just consider that currently with you start a ranked lobby, you being high level and finding yourself with levels like 15 or 20 , another High ranked may start another lobby 3 minutes after you and have the very same experience. The current system is even lowering your chances to play with people of same level just to make you play pointless races.

Tilo is correct, makes far more sense to put the closely ranked players in the same lobby but that's not the approach. If that can't be accomplished, they need to REMOVE the 6 player minimum and rework to a 9 or 10 player minimum. Yes we want to play continuously but what are we giving up in the process of rushing through a 6 player lobby opposed to waiting 10 or 15 seconds more to bring forth a full 12 player lobby.

Even if a high ranked got stuck with a bunch of brand new players (happens frequently) at least they'd leave out with a few points. High ranked player loads up to a 6 player lobby with all brand new players, he'd be lucky to maintain his current position even if he wins and that's if the entire lobby doesn't quit before the last race.

These 6 players lobbies benefit NO ONE because they're aren't enough points to go around if ranked players aren't going against someone similar in their position on the table. 12 player lobbies is the easiest way to offset the current point distribution system. PERIOD.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 9:33:15 PM(UTC)
Quote:

I think they were pointing to the Ranked levels being used rather than Prestige levels...so, for example, Grandmaster Players should be racing with other Grandmasters or Level 1 players...Level 15 players against level 16 and 14 etc. Of course, the issue would be the same, namaley having enough GM and L1 players around to race against,

Possibly, but even there they would have problems, especially with the current disfunction of the ranking system. And that still wouldn't eliminate the Rangers, just as many high ranked people ram other drivers as low ranked people.
You think a ranked 5 player gonna let a ranked 12 player pass them because the ranked 12 player happens to be a better driver? Yeah, I'm ranked 12 because I don't play ranked except once a month, and get rammed by ranked 5 people just as much as ranked 15.

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 8:38:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:03:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks DRC, this 12 players requirement is indeed a design issue. From concept itself, the higher the rank is , the less there are players available at the same few minutes of match making. Adapting the number of players required based on rank would allow matchmaking to happen. Instead of that they just removed matchmaking.

Imho, game is just dying and I am sure you know as best as I do that if they would change something like this, it would come along with some nightmare bug(s) or design basic non sense.

We will have to cope with rammers and level 0 matchmaking until the end of FH4 and I would be surprised the next forza game consider any evolution on that.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:48:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

I think they were pointing to the Ranked levels being used rather than Prestige levels...so, for example, Grandmaster Players should be racing with other Grandmasters or Level 1 players...Level 15 players against level 16 and 14 etc. Of course, the issue would be the same, namaley having enough GM and L1 players around to race against,

Possibly, but even there they would have problems, especially with the current distinction of the ranking system. And that still wouldn't eliminate the Rangers, just as many high ranked people ram other drivers as low ranked people.
You think a ranked 5 player gonna let a ranked 12 player pass them because the ranked 12 player happens to be a better driver? Yeah, I'm ranked 12 because I don't play ranked except once a month, and get rammed by ranked 5 people just as much as ranked 15.

At FFA, generally the higher ranked players are clean. At RTA, rank means nothing as most high ranked players have cheated their way to get there.
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:52:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, sorry I wasn’t saying I disagree entirely with your suggestion. Clearly, there should be some matchmaking. A GM should never be up against players ranked league 15 etc. I’d probably have something like 7 or 8 levels being able to race each other. So a GM could race someone no lower than League 7 or 8. That should mean that waiting times aren’t too long but avoids the total mismatches and negative points.
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 8:32:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
At RTA, rank means nothing as most high ranked players have cheated their way to get there.

Thats true, in FFA i never beat a Grandmaster in RTA i beat reguraly Grandmasters.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error