1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 9:57:11 PM(UTC)
I just started playing multiplayer in fm7. Will I be banned for:-
1] Accidentally going out of the track, but not using it to overtake?
2] Repeated dirty laps?
3] Crashing into another player after spinning out?
4] Leaving races partway?
5] Restoring backed up saves in case the cloud save gets corrupted?

As for the last point, I read on their page that "Unauthorised modification or save swapping to obtain unaccounted for credits......blah blah" is not allowed. What does the 'unaccounted for' part mean? Does it allow putting back the old saves manually? If so, how will it verify that the save I restored is valid and not tampered with, when the cloud copy is lost and unavailable for cross reference?

Any other ways that I can earn a ban? Would suck if it happened right after I finally got the game to connect to the multiplayer after six months.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 10:04:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:13:04 AM(UTC)
Bad behavior in multiplayer in general, especially if you get in a game with a marshal, should theoretically be more likely to get you banned than accidentally colliding with someone, or leaving the track. There have been stories of trigger happy marshals, but hopefully it's not too endemic.

Accidentally hitting other players is part of the game, and can happen. Try to avoid it if you can. If it happens, if you have a mic, unmute, apologize, and keep going, and you should be fine. Deliberately ramming other players or shoving them off the track might get you reported. The main way to tell the difference between deliberately ramming and accidentally colliding is that rammers tend to be repeat offenders. So the best thing to do is back off, dial back aggression a bit, and try not to let it happen again in the same race. Dirty laps and leaving the track are so common that it shouldn't be too big a deal as far as player behaviour goes. As long as you're not taking other players out with you when you do it, or cutting corners, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Toxic trash talking is bad. Banter is Ok within limits, as long as the person you're bantering with indicates they're OK with it. But if you're trolling, griefing, or pushing someone's buttons, you might get reported, which could lead to a ban.

Leaving races partway is marginally Ok. It's bad manors in general, but it's hard to tell the difference between a rage quit and a network issue, so there's plenty of leeway in there. I live in a rural area with not great broadband, so I DC far more than I would like due to network latency, and I've never been banned. And you probably won't scuff anyone else's race if you're not in it, so I don't think most people mind. If it's in Leagues, other players might loose a few points that they would have gotten if you'd stayed in, but that's about it.

File swapping; I think they mostly mean shenanigans like selling a car at auction, then restoring a save so you can keep the car and get the credits. I don't know if that'll actually work, but I remember that was a duplication glitch in FH4 that was known a while back, so I mention it as an example. Also, hacking the system to edit your save, and give yourself credits or in-game content would get you banned if they catch you, so don't do that. Cloud save corruption should be so rare that you should almost never need your local backup, so I don't think you need to be too worried about getting banned over it.
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:21:06 AM(UTC)
Ah thanks for explaining it
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 12:38:41 PM(UTC)
1. Intentional ramming or ramming that looks intentional. This is basically not pushing the brake and punting someone else off the track. It's pretty obvious when this happens as the speed difference is usually at least 20-30 MPH. Even if you do this unintentionally you should practice and know better so you don't do this.

2. Doing a side press. Basically just look up initial d grim reaper vs. ryosuke. Perfect example of what a side press is there. If you are racing along side someone and you push your car into their shoving them off their line (and usually the track or into a wall) that is a side press.

3. Intentionally cutting corners. This does not mean slightly going off the track. This is like going on yas marinas and instead of taking the 3 long sweeper you just yeet off the track and ignore the chicane while you are at it type of cutting.

4. Disobeying chat rules whether it be text or mic. You can look up microsoft's rules for this but as long as you aren't cussing out any kids or using racial slurs etc. you'll be fine

5. Cheating. The main way of cheating is to use a cheat tune that disregards the PL of the class. You can see many players using these "tunes" in the rivals leaderboard events. Just watch their replay and look at their horsepower or handling etc. It's rare but it's still out there.

Basically if you are doing anything that would be a black flag in real racing expect to get banned for it.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:33:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spity0y0mafia Go to Quoted Post
1. Intentional ramming or ramming that looks intentional. This is basically not pushing the brake and punting someone else off the track. It's pretty obvious when this happens as the speed difference is usually at least 20-30 MPH. Even if you do this unintentionally you should practice and know better so you don't do this.

2. Doing a side press. Basically just look up initial d grim reaper vs. ryosuke. Perfect example of what a side press is there. If you are racing along side someone and you push your car into their shoving them off their line (and usually the track or into a wall) that is a side press.

3. Intentionally cutting corners. This does not mean slightly going off the track. This is like going on yas marinas and instead of taking the 3 long sweeper you just yeet off the track and ignore the chicane while you are at it type of cutting.

4. Disobeying chat rules whether it be text or mic. You can look up microsoft's rules for this but as long as you aren't cussing out any kids or using racial slurs etc. you'll be fine

5. Cheating. The main way of cheating is to use a cheat tune that disregards the PL of the class. You can see many players using these "tunes" in the rivals leaderboard events. Just watch their replay and look at their horsepower or handling etc. It's rare but it's still out there.

Basically if you are doing anything that would be a black flag in real racing expect to get banned for it.

Then why do the bots do every single one of these things (except the chat violation)? And more importantly, why does half the lobby in every single unghosted multiplayer race do this as well? Nobody seems to be banning those manchilds....
That side press thing is something the bots have achieved mastery in xD. I've seen then come at me in groups and directly oppose me when I'm minding my own business. I heard the drivatards learn from your driving but I never rammed anybody.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:25:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emperor7444 Go to Quoted Post
Does it allow putting back the old saves manually? If so, how will it verify that the save I restored is valid and not tampered with, when the cloud copy is lost and unavailable for cross reference?

My comment is only in response to the very last question you asked here. With regard to 'how would they know', every single thing you do and every single credit you earn in the game is tracked and logged by the T10 people and systems outside of your actual game save. So if for some reason your save became corrupted or lost or whatever, they would still know your exact credit balance and where every single credit came from to that point even without access to your game save file.
#7 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:29:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Bad behavior in multiplayer in general, especially if you get in a game with a marshal, should theoretically be more likely to get you banned than accidentally colliding with someone, or leaving the track. There have been stories of trigger happy marshals, but hopefully it's not too endemic.

Race marshals do not have the authority or permissions to actually hand out bans. Race marshals are only community volunteers and have to submit reports just like any other gamers that then get reviewed by actual T10 enforcement staff.
#8 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 1:18:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emperor7444 Go to Quoted Post
What does the 'unaccounted for' part mean?
T10 logs and tracks every credit you earn in the game. Every event, race, transaction, etc. has a unique ID that is captured as the valid 'source' of any credit transactions. Any credit balances that show up on your account without this unique source ID is an 'unaccounted for' credit balance.

#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 5:34:38 AM(UTC)
I didn't realise bans were so easy to pick up in FM7. I went online for the first time last night and was banned after I doing I think around 5 races, plus some Virus Tag. I'm not a great driver yet - guess I'm worse than I realised... pretty savage.

Notification

Icon
Error