134 Pages<<107108109110111>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#2701 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:48:35 AM(UTC)
Oh I see what you mean now. Well I mentioned it for anyone who wants to make it easier on themselves. I don't see it as cheating as most / all of the top times are likely to have done it. Rivals is hard enough without random traffic.
 1 user liked this post.
#2702 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:51:03 AM(UTC)
(double post - forum is broken again)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:05:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2703 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:21:53 AM(UTC)
No worries Pinkie. I’ve gone a few seconds faster now. The 570S is an excellent car choice though. I can’t remember if you tune yourself but, if not, try Rocknrolla’s tune which I think is the best for that car. Believe it or not, I chose this course because it is probably one of the best for traffic - usually if you get a bit of luck in the double chicane it’s ok. Glenfinnan and Mortimers on the other hand have traffic popping up on all sorts of blind corners 😂.
#2704 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:34:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
No worries Pinkie. I’ve gone a few seconds faster now. The 570S is an excellent car choice though. I can’t remember if you tune yourself but, if not, try Rocknrolla’s tune which I think is the best for that car. Believe it or not, I chose this course because it is probably one of the best for traffic - usually if you get a bit of luck in the double chicane it’s ok. Glenfinnan and Mortimers on the other hand have traffic popping up on all sorts of blind corners 😂.

Seen your new time already no way to beat...
Traffic suxx bit every 5th try or so you have "blocks of 3" and they block everything or they start turning in checkpoints
Think there was 1 run without traffic only in the last 90deg left turn with turnsignal on so enough to restart :D
 1 user liked this post.
#2705 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:36:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
There is a method to remove traffic, go to Lego or Fortune Island and then, from there, start a mainland street race rivals course and there will be no traffic.

Never used rewind so yeah thats not an option for me.
My 600LT (with automatic) can beat/do Jezza's 2:25 Audi time but no clean run after 5 extra trys
Touching a car doesnt slow u down but invalidates time, crashing through walls is total fine
The Volvo's 850R/Polestar can beat easly but hard to drive with available tunes

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying? It has nothing to do with using rewind.

*Cough*cough*cough* Pssssssssshhhhhhh!!!! *cough*cough* ...Ixnay, Ixnay, Ixnay!! cough*cough*

FN!? The newer kids should have to endure the same amount of repetitve agony by way of ridiculous oncoming traffic that we had to for so long! Like dealing with a fleet of Grandma Moses cars that put-put-put along in one direction juuuuuuuuust until you get right on top of them and then they decide to make a sudden illlegal U-Turn in your direction that sends you right back to the starting line. They haven't seen enough of them just yet!

Also, they might miss out on a whole barrel of monkey's-worth of fun with the mysterious Celestial Prophecy Traffic Patterns, where alllllll the stars in the heavens are perfectly aligned to fulfill some ancient prophecy that conjures up 17 some-odd vehicles out of thin air to descend upon you and the very same intersection or otherwise narrowly designed thoroughfare that you just happen to be approaching and turn it into a Vehicular Purity Guantlet of Doom & Destruction, where only allow those with the purest of souls and cleanest of driving records have a chance to pass through. We wouldn't want to rob anyone of such rich and fulfilling gaming experiences, would we?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want that on my conscience, no sir! Why, they're entitled to enjoy everything this game has to offer! If it was good enough for us to suffer through battle through enjoy thoroughlly for so long with no end in sight, it's good enough for them as well!

😄 ...No, in all seriousness though, I'm sorta still waiting for the companion trick that retroactively refunds back to us allllllll the time and aggravation spent/lost before that little expansion manuever was revealed (and wouldn't you know it, I still have yet to even try it). 😐😑

Edited by user Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:52:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: 🎈

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
#2706 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:02:53 AM(UTC)
Is there a reset on RivalsLeaderboards?
5453 Entries seems bit low for 2+years
#2707 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:43:37 AM(UTC)
Uh, there better not be!

Street is not as popular, for the reasons mentioned above. 🚗🚓🚕🚙🛻🚌🚚

Edited by user Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:46:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2708 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:22:49 PM(UTC)
I might've just had a minor heart attack...."leaderboard reset!!" 🫀😵
#2709 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:28:49 PM(UTC)
Good course this. Improved to 2.20.4 in the CCX. Nfx6621 tune. Requires careful handling or TCS.
 1 user liked this post.
#2710 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:51:12 PM(UTC)

There is a method to remove traffic, go to Lego or Fortune Island and then, from there, start a mainland street race rivals course and there will be no traffic.

I see I'd already set a decent time here, I've improved by a few tenths though. It's a tricky course, a bogey one for me in fact so I used to skip it when it came up in ranked online.

Oh my god, I never knew this. I never bothered much with Street Rivals because just getting lucky with the traffic was a 1/10 kind of event, let alone putting a good run together. I figured everyone was just way more patient than me, thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:51:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#2711 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 5:23:32 PM(UTC)
Wait, you gave Aleriooon a trick? W-why?? Some of us deserve a Church-Sunday-at-12-noon setting and others an Abandoned-highway-at-3AM setting. lol
 3 users liked this post.
#2712 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:50:43 AM(UTC)
I see Aleriooon isn’t messing around - straight in with a time in the 155! Early leaderboard (whilst we still have a good car mix!):

Aleriooon - 2.19.339 (Alfa 155)
Jezza - 2.20.424 (CCX)
Odessa - 2.22.409 (12C)
Bedlam - 2.22.468 (570S)
FullNietzsche - 2.23.783 (92 NSX)
PABO- 2.25.546 (12C)
Pinkie - 2.26.013 (570S)
El Barto - 2.26.564 (Portofino)
Cake - 2.30.250 (Diablo SV)
Mort - 2.31.618 (12C)
Squryl - 2.32.436 (2JetZ)
Percy - 2.34.988 (92 NSX)
#2713 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:33:28 AM(UTC)
The 155 is quite strong here, it has enough grip for the higher speed corners and strong acceleration out of the sharp ones as well. It's not particularly forgiving over the numerous bumps/small jumps in the road, so those will take some practice, and it's very easy to lose grip on the small dirt section if you're overly aggressive with steering and throttle input.

Traffic glitch (or whatever you want to call it) is an absolute game changer. I was 3-4 seconds slower with the NSX for a couple runs before switching to the 155 and getting rid of traffic. Drag tire tunes aren't the ticket for this course, for me anyway. I probably should have tried a couple more cars before going straight to the OP thing though lol.

Curious to see if anyone can wrestle the Monaco KC through this track. I'm going to give it a whirl but it's most likely beyond my skill level.
#2714 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:58:22 PM(UTC)
Seems like the Ford GT may be a contender for fastest AWD car here, at least I'm assuming the one in the top ten is AWD. I'm 1.5 seconds behind Jezza with it, last time I looked, and I'm sure if someone did an optimal run it would be significantly quicker. The NSX with my usual tune on the other hand is very unruly and doesn't like this course at all (I mean it can set a decent time but it needs a lot more care than the Ford does).

Edited by user Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:59:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2715 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:05:56 PM(UTC)
Seems like the Ford GT may be a contender for fastest AWD car here, at least I'm assuming the one in the top ten is AWD. I'm 1.5 seconds behind Jezza with it, last time I looked, and I'm sure if someone did an optimal run it would be significantly quicker. The NSX with my usual tune on the other hand is very unruly and doesn't like this course at all (I mean it can set a decent time but it needs a lot more care than the Ford does).

What Tuning for the Ford GT? I did not find one suitable for me.

At the moment I run the McLaren 12C Coupé with breeminator's Tune, and I have the feeling I am very close to my Limit and still 8.7 Seconds behind #1 - and thats... sad... ^^
#2716 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:06:06 PM(UTC)
I just had a run in Auto in the 12C and did 21s despite messing up a corner and hitting a traffic car more or less head on, so 20s should be doable. I’m using Scaans’ tune but I think Bree’s is very similar.

Done 18.8 in the CCX. Feels there is still a little more time to find but it’s hard work controlling it.
#2717 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 9:37:57 PM(UTC)
I did 2:16.459 in the Monaco KC, GreetedDust8's "Nyoom 3" tune, TCS on, with traffic glitch. My guess is that there is at least a second to be saved even without turning off TCS or switching to M+C, since my start wasn't perfect and I played the last third of the track pretty conservatively. With that said, I don't think I have the patience to keep trying here for a better time.

I'll also note that I tried VNX Ardent's "49s Astmoor 1%er" tune as well, it seems to use the same parts and has IMO less ideal gearing but better handling, so I'd guess there is a tune out there blending the best of both.
#2718 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 2:07:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post

At the moment I run the McLaren 12C Coupé with breeminator's Tune, and I have the feeling I am very close to my Limit and still 8.7 Seconds behind #1 - and thats... sad... ^^

I used '2.0' by skyinfin.

Judging by Par4ziiTe's ghost he is using a similar powered tune for his 2:17.037. Best I've managed was 2:21.9.

I've done 2:20.6 in the KC but I can't drive that car. I've tried a few more times as I know I've left a few seconds on the table by using M for that run, but I don't have the patience to wrestle with it. One tiny thing wrong anywhere and the whole run is ruined, the car is completely unforgiving.

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 5:03:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2719 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:25:24 AM(UTC)
Is there a real effect from aero or just imagination?
Tried the Ford GT05 on some circuit (rivalsmode) and crashed at some point.
Mirrors and rearwing are gone but laptime is same
 1 user liked this post.
#2720 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:48:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a real effect from aero or just imagination?
Tried the Ford GT05 on some circuit (rivalsmode) and crashed at some point.
Mirrors and rearwing are gone but laptime is same

When they fall off, it's cosmetic. The extra downforce is still granted by the game.
#2721 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:48:09 AM(UTC)
Ok, there was some extra confusion
2 Tunes by same person "Race V2" and "Race V2 (NoWing)" and there was no real diff between laptimes and then the wing was gone and also no diff
#2722 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 5:01:51 PM(UTC)

...the moment when you realize that there is more than just one Ford GT in this game... XD

Sadly the Ford GT 05 seems to have to less Grip for me pitty joypad user, can't keep up with my own ghost as I do not have faith in the car in the corners...

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 5:35:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2723 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:37:28 PM(UTC)
I see Aleriooon isn’t messing around - straight in with a time in the 155! Early leaderboard (whilst we still have a good car mix!):

Aleriooon - 2.19.339 (Alfa 155)

What tune do you use? Tried like 20 different now, either I even cant keep up with your ghost from the start or I am all over the place with the car... oO

I just had a run in Auto in the 12C and did 21s despite messing up a corner and hitting a traffic car more or less head on, so 20s should be doable. I’m using Scaans’ tune but I think Bree’s is very similar.

So 2 secs faster than my current PB? Wheel I guess? Gotta ditch my Joypad...
But I guess thats not the reaseon when you go 2 secs faster than me despite hitting a car head on and "messing up a corner" XD

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:01:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2724 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:44:14 PM(UTC)
Nice run FN no idea how you are steering with the front in air :D
18s nothing then the some bunnyears are flying over the track

Someone able to drive the tvr cerbera? can't handle but feels fast
tried the ccx too but yeah...

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:45:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2725 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 12:54:01 AM(UTC)

...the moment when you realize that there is more than just one Ford GT in this game... XD

Sadly the Ford GT 05 seems to have to less Grip for me pitty joypad user, can't keep up with my own ghost as I do not have faith in the car in the corners...

I'm using a joypad and so is Jezza btw.

Just did 2:21.497 in the Ford GT chasing Aleriooon's 155 ghost, kept up well with it until the final left turn.

edit - and 2:20.716.

Edited by user Friday, April 16, 2021 1:28:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

134 Pages<<107108109110111>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error