2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 12:44:26 PM(UTC)
I'm just not sure about this. I was exited about it at first, but then I was like... why? I've only been playing FH4 for a couple months but I already have almost a hundred hours into it, several million credits and 130 or so cars. For me, that's allot to give up and start over. And from the sound of it, the Steam version isn't gonna be any different so what's the point? It's not like it's a brand new game. Honestly this seems like just a marketing ploy, all about $$$. Yeah, lets all go to Steam! It'll be great! Then you're all exited and you pay all that money to buy FH4 and all the DLC only to find out that it's no different from the original.
Nothing at all against Steam. I have about 30 games on there and I like the Steam format.
Now if they were to put the C8 Corvette in Steam FH4 right from the beginning...
#27 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 1:52:31 AM(UTC)
Hello!

I have many friends looking to purchase Forza Horizon 4 through steam while I own it on the Microsoft store. My question is will there be cross-convoy. I'd feel left out if I couldn't invite my friends to my convoy just because I am playing through a different storefront. If cross-convoy is available how would it work? I assume it would go the Rocket League route where there is one hub account that connects to all the different platforms.

Many thanks!

Bilko367
#28 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 2:19:28 PM(UTC)
i play fh4 with game pass for a long time because of microsofts pricing in my country. now steam made a better pricing for me and i want to continue on steam. can i connect the accounts? can i play with my cars on steam? anyone in my situation ? :/
#29 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 2:55:00 PM(UTC)
Yeah it works fine, I'm doing it between mictosoft store and steam right now.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 10:31:42 PM(UTC)
In steam version impulse triggers doesn't work is it will be fixed?
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:24:45 AM(UTC)
Iam having lot of stutter with the steam version. Does anyone here with the same issue? I dont know what to do, i have a solid PC and play other heavy games with no problems.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:34:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ingen1ero Go to Quoted Post
Iam having lot of stutter with the steam version. Does anyone here with the same issue? I dont know what to do, i have a solid PC and play other heavy games with no problems.

Me too, seems to be an issue with an Nvidia dll file faulting, in game crashes quite often and framerate drops massively when i cross the finishing line in races. Noticed this same issue in a youtube video where someone reviewed the Steam version.

Not good, as i have both versions installed (Steam and MS Store) hopefully they both don't need different driver versions to be stable

Event log:-
Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.465.282.0, time stamp: 0x603fef5e
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 27.21.14.6172, time stamp: 0x60357392
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005204dd
Faulting process ID: 0x1fd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d716b1eb4f4f5a
Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon4\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_628fd811d3528c5d\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report ID: 0a55cf7f-b583-422f-9c70-dec243154b47
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I'm currently using 461.72 nvidia driver set. Going to try a few older ones to see if that resolves it
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:33:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly save game data won't carry over so there is no point for veterans to switch over to the steam version. Despite loving to have all my games in one place, I have to pass on this.

I also wanted to buy the game in steam, but I will not because there are no my saves

Edited by user Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:37:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:21:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ouz61 Go to Quoted Post
i play fh4 with game pass for a long time because of microsofts pricing in my country. now steam made a better pricing for me and i want to continue on steam. can i connect the accounts? can i play with my cars on steam? anyone in my situation ? :/

No you can't. Saves are NOT carried across. You will lose all your cars, houses, money and skill points

#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 2:40:25 PM(UTC)
It would be great if Forza Horizon 4 on Steam had Rich Presence, their game in the Microsoft Store already has a similar system, I'm really enjoying it on Steam
#36 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2021 3:36:42 AM(UTC)
steam version has no trigger vibration, only handle vibration
1、Screen lag
2, windows version and steam version data will be interchangeable later?
3、steam version has no trigger vibration, only handle vibration

Edited by user Saturday, March 20, 2021 7:30:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:22:18 AM(UTC)
Let's not talk about the hack, the steam store alone has no trigger vibration I chose to refund
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:28:53 AM(UTC)
I bought the Ultimate Edition in Steam, but it only shows the normal crown flair beside my name, and not the ultimate crown flair. Must be a bug or something.

Currently there are 12k+ FH4 players in Steam right now :)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:18:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:24:47 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Saturday, May 8, 2021 7:18:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: post removed

#40 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 9:47:43 PM(UTC)
hey guys,

to my shame, i only started playing fh4 3 weeks ago, on steam (i am a heavy steam user...) .... i really enjoy the game, and invested a ton of time in it (150h played since...), i reached level 200 and bought all the DLCs (fortune island, car pass, vip, etc..)

my problem is that on steam i have a ton fo bugs (and i know mostly everyone knows about them) and because of this i installed the ms store version (i have an xbox one with game pass, so game free).
the differences are huge in performance, devices supported (my thrustmaster wheel actually works with MS version), no random crashes to desktop and so on.

i understand that tech wise its not possible to move the save game, and i'm ok with it, even if on steam i have 150M credits and pretty much all the cars i want.... i am ok with starting from scratch on MS store version, i like the game a lot so i'll play it again....but i dont want to pay again for the DLCs & VIP ... these should be per xbox live account (which is the same in my case), not per platform.

thanks

Edited by user Monday, April 5, 2021 6:17:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 4:42:13 AM(UTC)
Being a console gamer, I'm interested to know what the benefit of bringing the game to Steam is over playing it via Game pass? Seems like not big deal to me, not to mention the fact that the online game servers have been buggy and slow ever since the release date. Okay, so that might be a coincidence...
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 10:52:39 PM(UTC)
When will the impulse triggers be repaired? I need them to feel drift, wheel grip!
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:14:59 AM(UTC)
So I just got FH4 (Ultimate edition) a few days ago, but my new computer just arrived. Can I just play the game on the new pc, log in with xbox live and get my progress? Or is it bound to my Steam account?

Cheers for answering in advance. :)
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 12:05:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slyck Tires Go to Quoted Post
Being a console gamer, I'm interested to know what the benefit of bringing the game to Steam is over playing it via Game pass? Seems like not big deal to me, not to mention the fact that the online game servers have been buggy and slow ever since the release date. Okay, so that might be a coincidence...

This is absolutely correct. I had no issues playing my game on Series X but ever since they added all the steam players, my game has crashed more time in these last 2 weeks than it did in the entire 2.5 years the game has been out. Crossplay is the problem I suspect. Crossplay was a problem with the regular PC players, now we have steam players to add to the prior annoyances.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:35:10 PM(UTC)
Alright, I'll get straight to the point.
I played FH4 before on a friends Steam account, decided to buy it myself. Will my progress carry over if I log into my Xbox account on the copy that's on my own Steam account? Or is progress bound to Steam *and* Xbox account combination?

If anyone got the answer, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance!
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error