3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:07:48 PM(UTC)
Dont go for Cholla. Crappiest drive ever
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 7:20:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhiteBurrito42 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Do you have the AM PO Peregrine?

If not, the GTR PO will also do it. I just randomly used a tune by BH ironic. Start at the roundabout to the left of the city and a clean run from there should get it done.

I might try that one. But I know I've done it before, and probably still have the tune on whatever car I used. So I'm working my way though those first.

I know that feeling. I found an old tune for an amg gtr that I used in the past. I found the 13 Vantage and Ferrari F12 pretty easy this time, both available from the autoshow.

13 AM Vantage - princes 3 star - 178 022 473
F12 - princes 3 star - 144 540 126
Amg gtr - princes 3 star - 695 124 730
Mb Sls amg - princes 3 star - 172 213 020

Hi, just now managed with the Vantage. Not sure if it will be regarded as unsporting, but this was achieved during an hourly #Forzathon (so no traffic except for the trams),

AC29
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 8:59:29 PM(UTC)
Finally completed the trial at the 8th attempt. The biggest problem is that the drivatars get the head start and then seem to be uncatchable. Also most people drop out during either the first or second races.
I was thinking that this would be the 'one that got away' :(
I had been trying it with the Desert Dingo VW, but after reading posts here, I swapped to the Class 5 VW.
Only 4 players started, and 2 left during the first race. The first race was a fail for me because for some reason, the car flipped on the jump and I landed on my roof !
The second race was much better - I finished 3rd with the other remaining player finishing second. Result ! 1-1.
For the third race - I have to give massive kudos to the other player - I missed an early checkpoint and never recovered, but the other player won, so massive relief on my part !
Phew !!!!

I noticed - as I've seen mentioned on earlier posts - that the drivatars can ghost through the stone walls, so they don't get slowed down when crashing through them.
Surely this is a bug that needs sorting, because this has to be the reason why this trial is a massive problem !!??
Obviously, if you don't fluff up (like I did) the third race should be easier due to the lack of obstacles that you need to drive through.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 10:54:11 PM(UTC)
I used the same tune for this Koenigsegg event as the Jesko winter event. Similar to Breeminator's but starting with a CCX I ended up at 919 pi. I was able to run it on unbeatable without too much drama. I just started the event again to confirm the highest pi drivatars are 920.

I chose a tire compound upgrade for the woody race. Speed was comparable to the drivatars but handling was much better. Still able to run down the competition and win all three.

I tried a couple setups on the Megane before settling on this tune.

I posted my tunes for the Super GT earlier.

I ended up completing the trial after a few attempts. Of course it was the time I wasn't driving all that well but I was contributing some.

CCX S2. 919, Road, 303 116 457
46 Ford wagon, race - grip, 120 637 970
10 Renault megane, Race, 203 478 153
#55 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:13:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChrisAndyDan Go to Quoted Post
I noticed - as I've seen mentioned on earlier posts - that the drivatars can ghost through the stone walls, so they don't get slowed down when crashing through them.
Surely this is a bug that needs sorting, because this has to be the reason why this trial is a massive problem !!??
Obviously, if you don't fluff up (like I did) the third race should be easier due to the lack of obstacles that you need to drive through.

It's always a problem with the cross country trials. Always disheartening when you approach the ridge, see Drivatars ahead of you and that pristine stone wall (until you get to it). The Ambleside Rush is always a pain in trials as well with all the walls and fences you need to go through.

I don't think it's a problem with just country races, just more apparent. The North Coast Rush street event that forces you through obstacles around the airstrip also doesn't seem to affect Drivatars with a decent lead.
#56 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 5:05:14 AM(UTC)
Finally completed the trial at the 8th attempt. The biggest problem is that the drivatars get the head start and then seem to be uncatchable. Also most people drop out during either the first or second races.
I had been trying it with the Desert Dingo VW, but after reading posts here, I swapped to the Class 5 VW.
Only 4 players started, and 2 left during the first race. The first race was a fail for me because for some reason, the car flipped on the jump and I landed on my roof !
The second race was much better - I finished 3rd with the other remaining player finishing second. Result ! 1-1.
For the third race - I have to give massive kudos to the other player - I missed an early checkpoint and never recovered, but the other player won, so massive relief on my part !
Phew !!!!

This resonates with me. It took me most of Saturday to get the win. So many times the other players had stock cars that couldn't possibly catch Drivatars. The Class 5 VW certainly helped me out on this one, it was a tough challenge for me.

We lost our 1st race due to too many stock cars being at the back of the pack. Half the team quit during the second race, leaving only 3 of us to pick up the points. Fortunately the redistribution of points landed in our favour and we got the win (I think I finished 3rd in that one behind 2 Drivatars). The final race was hard fought, I managed to get to the line 1st, our number 2 coming in 5th, and our number 3 loosing a place (and all points) to end 9th.

We scraped in the win with a 50 point lead. Glad it's finally over!

2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 7:05:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AdaptiveClamp29 Go to Quoted Post

If not, the GTR PO will also do it. I just randomly used a tune by BH ironic. Start at the roundabout to the left of the city and a clean run from there should get it done.

I might try that one. But I know I've done it before, and probably still have the tune on whatever car I used. So I'm working my way though those first.

I know that feeling. I found an old tune for an amg gtr that I used in the past. I found the 13 Vantage and Ferrari F12 pretty easy this time, both available from the autoshow.

Hi, just now managed with the Vantage. Not sure if it will be regarded as unsporting, but this was achieved during an hourly #Forzathon (so no traffic except for the trams),

AC29

I wouldn't call it unsporting. If the game gives it to you, regardless of the conditions, I'd call it done.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 8:23:27 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events -Spring - Until 08/04/2021 - SERIES 33
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
50% Spring: BACKSTAGE PASS
80% Spring: TOYOTA MR2 SC 1989
50% Series 33: BACKSTAGE PASS
80% Series 33: ALPINE A110 2017

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - Spring

https://i.imgur.com/sKz5bmW.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 08/04/2021 ** SERIES 33 ** Spring

https://i.imgur.com/EZg8fo7.jpg

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub.
You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

A) Photo Challenge: #NOTGARDENVARIETY
Cult Car in the Mortimer Gardens
Reward: Super Wheelspin

B) Forzathon Weekly: Super GT
Code Tune FERRARI F12 BERLINETTA 2012:....... 730 430 309 *** Princes Street Speed Trap ***

D) The Trial Co-Op Championship: Easter Buggy
Reward: Rabbit Outfit
Code Tune VOLKSWAGEN CLASS 5/1600 BAJA BUG 1969:....... 124 282 250

E) Playground Games Spring
Reward: Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck 2014
New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.
Code Tune TOYOTA CELICA GT-FOUR ST205 1994:....... 187 337 114

F) Danger Sign: Northbound
Code Tune PORSCHE 918 SYPER 2014:....... 154 810 550

G) Speed Trap: Slate Quarry

H) Speed Zone: Nether End

I) Championship: Wood Friday
Reward: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 1965
Code Tune MORRIS MINI-TRAVELLER 1965:....... 105 495 874

J) Championship: Koenigsegg Hunt
Reward: Rabbit Ears
Code Tune KOENIGSEGG CCGT 2008:....... 875 200 778
K) Championship: Scrambled Megs
Reward: Renault 5 Turbo Forza Edition 1980
Code Tune RENAULT MEGANE R.S. 250 2010:....... 877 036 662

*** UPDATE *** Spring
FORZA HORIZON 4: SUPER 7 - Spring
Rossion Q1 2010 is available for completing the Super7 this week.

https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts
I hope this helps you to do the challenges
#59 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 9:50:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post
Actually, this weeks Trial with the B-Class Offroad Buggies does not seem to be THAT easy to win...

It wasn't the last time they did it either. Everyone basically hated it, but instead of listening to their players, they brought it back again. Add in the broken online aspects of the game, it's not going to be very popular this time around either. Really not a good selling point for future titles.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 11:01:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devilish Accord Go to Quoted Post
Phew !!!!

This resonates with me. It took me most of Saturday to get the win. So many times the other players had stock cars that couldn't possibly catch Drivatars. The Class 5 VW certainly helped me out on this one, it was a tough challenge for me.

We lost our 1st race due to too many stock cars being at the back of the pack. Half the team quit during the second race, leaving only 3 of us to pick up the points. Fortunately the redistribution of points landed in our favour and we got the win (I think I finished 3rd in that one behind 2 Drivatars). The final race was hard fought, I managed to get to the line 1st, our number 2 coming in 5th, and our number 3 loosing a place (and all points) to end 9th.

We scraped in the win with a 50 point lead. Glad it's finally over!

We managed to win buggy race with 3 drivers. Dont give or quit the race. 1 and 3rd races are easy as long as you practice some and get class 5 vw. It is really good drive. I am not best driver but managed to finish first in 1st and 3rd race. 2nd race is a cheat. No chance to catch up with drivatars.
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 11:22:55 AM(UTC)
Just finished Koenigsegg race. Extremely easy drive if you go with WhiteBurrito suggestion
CCX S2. 919, Road, 303 116 457

I was struggling with Agera (as complained few posts back)

With CCX , 1st every time with 1st attempt.

Full rabbit outfit. I look silly.

Good luck!
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:14:19 PM(UTC)
It's the same list as last year... Sums up the support for this game.

Only difference, if you can call it that, is being able to use the Jesko in the "Koenigsegg Hunt".
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 11:43:54 PM(UTC)
Just managed to make best rivals times of off road buggy class on the first two tracks of trial. Tune works fine for trial as well : 159 815 153

Would be interesting to see how much faster someone using manual or manual with clutch can make it

Edited by user Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:23:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 3:35:26 AM(UTC)
I don't plan on doing the Trial. I don't need the prize for it. I actually don't remember the last time I did the Trial. Probably a few months back when I decided to 100% the playlist just to say I'd done it at least once.

But I have struggled with buggie championships before. So I'm afraid I don't have any useful advise.

The thing about buggies is, buggies are hard. They bounce differently than most of the other cars in the game. And they bounce more often. You only have influence over the speed and direction and behavour of your car when its wheels are on the ground. And buggies are in the air more often than most other cars.

And since we're most familiar with car behaviour from literally every other car in the game, buggies can be challenging. Especially against an AI that's basically on rails. Buggies are just too different, so it's no surprise that so many struggle when a buggie championship is up.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:45:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnippetyBear82 Go to Quoted Post
Just managed to make best rivals times of off road buggy class on the first two tracks of trial. Tune works fine for trial as well : 159 815 153

Would be interesting to see how much faster someone using manual or manual with clutch can make it

This is a very good tune 👍. I went a fraction faster than your time on the Ridge. Car will do 27s but I only gave it 5 laps and lost patience with the big jump landing. Auto/Manual won’t make much difference here though as the optimal choice probably only has 2 (maybe 4) gear changes.

#66 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 7:01:21 AM(UTC)
Since I haven't seen it mentioned much here, I was finally able to complete the Trial with 1-3-1 finish's in the Polaris RZR. Bit of an odd choice but after trying the Baja Bug and Mini Buggy noticed that I already had this tuned to 700 so figured why not? and it worked. Nothing special to it, just upgraded and then the gearing adjusted to give it a bit more top speed, but it had the acceleration to take the lead in the first and last races and stability to keep it's speed up in the corners. Pretty light and small though so you suffer hitting any obstacles. Just another option if people can't get the others to work for them.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 2:48:49 PM(UTC)
Sorry for the late entry, it has been a busy week. For those still needing help, I offer the following:

The Trial - Perhaps now, one year after I first really got into the world of Horizon, I would be able to tune up a buggy suitable enough. However, I won't. lol. Last year, El Barto came to my aid and I will not ever remove his tune. I needed an 800 buggy for an event once, so I bought another Class 5 instead of removing his 700 tune. Ain't fake money grand?

So anyway, this is not the fastest tune. But on a track where bounces can routinely send you off in various directions, it was the best. Capable of taking first place in each event. Just be patient and run your line. Have run the Trial now 5 times, have won the event 3 times. Why do people still show up in stock vehicles? Anyway, it is definitely a difficult trial but not unbeatable. Good teammates of course help. Send a shout if you want to join up some time. I'm not the best, but far from the worst.

1969 VW Class 5 Baja Bug Tuner: El Barto inc Tune: Off Road

PGG - Good control but less than stellar performance. This is also not my favorite track. The terrain is a killer for me so it is not a good place to judge a tune. Thankfully, they give prizes for second place.
1990 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

Wood Friday - Maybe it was Jezza who mentioned about having fun in the Super Deluxe. And I agree. I had a 700 tune for dirt that was surprisingly capable and generally just fun. So for this, I took that tune, reduced it to stock tires and removed one engine mod. It's fast though a wee bit slidey through the turns. Fortunately, once you point it straight again, it just picks back up. Not recommended for tight courses. lol
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Wagon Tune: Guthrie

Koenigsegg - This was a tough one. Last year, I could not do it at all. This year, I earned my bunny ears...on Unbeatable. This is an S2 994 winter tune with rally tires. Not sure if that helps or hurts. It has plenty of pick up at low speeds. Can easily make it to 4th or more by the first turn. Just run a steady race and you catch the front runners. Know the track, though, there are plenty of places with small rises right before slight bends, so it will definitely lift in a place you need to turn. Slight brake taps or even just a throttle lift keeps you in control. The lead cars can mess up and often go off road...though they don't seem too hampered by the terrain, but it gives you the time you need to catch and pass. I did not take first in each race but was able to win on points. So hey, that counts. The second race in particular was brutal. Rewind was not working so I had to restart three times as I would get rammed out of a corner, or a lead car would spin some traffic and I'd get collected in it. Happy it is done though.
2006 Koenigsegg CCX Tune: Winter Tune

Scrambled - Originally ran a 2010 RS 250. The tune was unremarkable and did not place well. And I'm normally really good on the Highland Farm. Changed it to a 2018 and went back. Worlds apart. Very much in control, turned well, ran well. Not the quickest but reliable. The last race, Greendale Foothills is a nemesis of mine. If we ever do a Rivals there, I will kindly sit out. But this took it really well and probably the best I've ever run it.
2018 Renault Megane R.S. Tune: Foothills

PR Stunts -
Definitely prime material for a Hoonigan RS200 but I wanted to break out the Maserati. Not recommended for the Danger Sign, but after a few runs, it took it. Handled the trap easily though it is a bit slidey. And took the speed zone after two runs, making it on the downhill. I did my trademark first run miss by 2 mph. Love that. lol
1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Tune: 173 792 945

Prince Street - This is a tricky one. I did it while others were also running, so I took the time to knock down the poles in hopes that would help a little. I have only run two cars so far. The Superast I realized after has an offroad tune to it. So it should make it even better with Race tires and shocks. But even so, can make it from either direction. If heading from the East, enter that last chicane a bit wide, so you can accelerate early on that second apex. The GTO is one of the few RWD tunes I have. It's tight, but it makes it. So far, from the West only. I sneak down where the tram is to the right, it helps set up that fast sweeping left-hander.
2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast Tune: 906 501 166
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO Tune: 748 199 600
#68 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 5:03:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AdaptiveClamp29 Go to Quoted Post

AC29

F12 Berlinetta. Took 2 or 3 dozen or so passes, but I got it.

I have no idea what tune I used. I have 3 downloaded tunes that are all pretty much the same, and I suppose only the tuning window would be different. And no idea which one was on the car. I was able to reverse engineer to find what parts were used, and they pretty much did max upgrades and weight reduction of everything except the rear wing and roll cage. Should come to S2 970.

Edited by user Monday, April 5, 2021 6:04:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

#69 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 6:18:07 PM(UTC)
Even though I'm not planning on doing the Trial, I tried my hand at a B class tune for the Alumi Craft (123 238 718) and the Baja Bug (118 605 918). I tested them in Rivals at Mountain Foot, and they both posted times that I would consider not completely embarrassing... for me, anyway. And I think they're capable of more.

I did a quick run with the Bug at the Ridge Circuit, but that's the only other testing I did because it's late, and I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.

The Bug is a bit better for speed, but you've got to keep a tight hold on the reigns. The Alumi Craft is a bit better for control.

#70 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 7:28:13 AM(UTC)
I did the trial and ended up flipping on each of the jumps but my team was good so we still won . I also ended up getting 90,000 drift points with the ford wagon even though i am not a very good drifter.
Amd Ryzen 7 5800x, Nvidia RTX 3070, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Dell S3220DGF
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error