74 Pages<<727374Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1826 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 4:49:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LikingTrash3991 Go to Quoted Post
The Racing V6 engine swap in the Alfa 155, (I think the one from the 155TI DTM car) has the same sound file as the Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck. I was wondering why the specs were off, the Racing V6 in the 155TI DTM had 420 hp, revved to about 12,000 rpm & it had a 2.5 L 60° V6. I hope this will be sorted out & fixed.

It sounds like the engine from the T100 because the Racing V6 engine swap is the T100 engine.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

2 users liked this post.
#1827 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 9:35:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LikingTrash3991 Go to Quoted Post
The Racing V6 engine swap in the Alfa 155, (I think the one from the 155TI DTM car) has the same sound file as the Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck. I was wondering why the specs were off, the Racing V6 in the 155TI DTM had 420 hp, revved to about 12,000 rpm & it had a 2.5 L 60° V6. I hope this will be sorted out & fixed.

It sounds like the engine from the T100 because the Racing V6 engine swap is the T100 engine.

Kinda funny how the 155 is a 4pot and sounds like a V6, and when you put the racing v6 in it sounds like a V8, same engine sound as the racing v8.
#1828 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 9:24:56 AM(UTC)
I just found this thread and came here because I started watching the Hoonicorn Vs. the World videos the Horizon official twitter account keeps posting about and realized that the in-game Hoonicorn doesn’t sound anything like the monster truck-esque sound the real one has in those videos.

I know Horizon 5 hasn’t been announced but I’m hoping they can fix some older car sounds like the Hoonicorn. I’ve seen people say the Dodge Demon sounds wrong but I feel it’s okay, it’s just not as fast as it should be I feel.
#1829 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:44:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SMACK64 Go to Quoted Post
I just found this thread and came here because I started watching the Hoonicorn Vs. the World videos the Horizon official twitter account keeps posting about and realized that the in-game Hoonicorn doesn’t sound anything like the monster truck-esque sound the real one has in those videos.

I know Horizon 5 hasn’t been announced but I’m hoping they can fix some older car sounds like the Hoonicorn. I’ve seen people say the Dodge Demon sounds wrong but I feel it’s okay, it’s just not as fast as it should be I feel.

FH5's sound better blow me away. 2 titles of very mediocre sound is enough. Thing that irritates me most is that they've given us some really great sounding cars yet continue to feed us nonsense like the C8 basic old C7 sound and using the old Agera sound for the Jesko. We got an excellent sound for the Singer 911 then they turn around 'n phone it in on these others.
#1830 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 11:54:24 AM(UTC)
I know Forza cannot reuse a lot of car sounds from Forza Motorsport 6/Forza Horizon 3 due to the previous sound designer departing and copyrighting those sound files but I strongly wish you are able to fix the cars that have the most inaccurate and unpleasant sounds such as:

Honda Civics/Acuras - sound too ricey and cheap exhaust sounding and hurts my ears REALLY BADLY in game.

Dodge Vipers - Sound too gargly and robotic

Nissan Skylines - Sounds are somewhat accurate to real life but as a fanbase we are looking for the FM6 Sound file if you can come up with something close.

Subaru WRX STis - Sounds like equal length header racing engines you'd hear on a WRC race car, there is no boxer rumble whatsoever.

Ferrari F50 GT - It sounds like the 2014 LaFerarri We need A high pitched racing V12 like FM6 or FH3.
#1831 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:53:41 PM(UTC)
ik this subject has been repeated about a million and a half times, but we still need to do something about these sounds.

https://youtu.be/cO0o3gp3BVU
Why do so many classic cars have SO MUCH chrome on them? Forza let us dechrome cars!!
 2 users liked this post.
#1832 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 8:04:24 PM(UTC)
Can we get a sound update?
It took me a while to list some bad sounding cars so it'll be much appreciated if you update the sounds of these cars:

2002 Acura RSX Type S (FM7 Sound file)
2001 Integra type R (FM7 Sound file)
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio (redo)
2017 Guilia Quadrifoglio (redo)
2007 8C Competizione (FM7 sound file)
2015 Audi TTS Coupe (redo)
2015 RS6 Avant (use the rs7 sound file in FH4)
2013 RS4 Avant (redo)
2011 RS5 Coupe (redo)
2016 BMW M2 Coupe (FM7 sound file)
2014 M4 Coupe (FM7 sound file)
2010 M3 GTS (redo)
2008 M3 (redo)
2016 Dodge Viper ACR (FM7 sound file)
2013 SRT Viper GTS (FM7 sound file)
2008 Viper SRT10 ACR (FM7 sound file)
1999 Viper GTS ACR (FM7 sound file)
2015 Ferrari F12 TDF (FM7 sound file)
2014 FXXK (redo)
2013 Laferrari (redo)
2012 F12 Berlinetta (redo)
2005 FXX (redo)
2002 Enzo Ferrari (FM7 sound file)
1995 F50 (FM7 sound file)
2020 Ford Mustang GT500 (Use FM7's Shelby GT350R Sound file)
2017 Focus RS (redo)
2016 Shelby GT350R (FM7 sound file)
2015 Honda Civic Type R (FM7 sound file)
2007 Civic Type R (FM7 sound file)
2004 Civic Type R (FM7 sound file)
1997 Civic Type R (FM7 sound file)
1991 CRX Sir (FM7 sound file)
2018 Kia stinger (FM7 sound file)
2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante (Use Audi R8 Sound file from FH4)
2014 Huracan (Use Audi R8 sound file from FH4)
2012 Gallardo Spyder Performante (FM7 2011 Gallardo sound file)
2011 Gallardo (FM7 sound file)
2010 Murcielago SV (FM7 sound file)
2008 Reventon (FM7 sound file)
2009 IS F (redo)
2010 Maserati GTS (FM7 sound file)
2004 MC12 (FM7 sound file)
2011 Mazda RX8 (FM7 sound file)
1997 RX7 (FM7 sound file)
2018 McLaren 600LT (Use 570s sound file from FH4)
2013 P1 (Use 570s sound file from FH4)
2011 12C (Use 570s sound file from FH4)
2002 Nissan R34 (FM7 sound file)
1997 R33 (FM7 sound file)
1993 R32 (FM7 sound file)
2019 Porsche GT3 RS (FM7 sound file)
2016 GT3 RS (FM7 sound file)
2012 GT3 RS 4.0 (FM7 sound file)
2003 Carrera GT (FM7 sound file)

I know it might be a lot to ask for but pls playground games let the sound director see this let Mike Brown see this pls the car sounds are one of the most important thing to a racing game.
#1833 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 4:49:55 PM(UTC)
Well then. This is actually starting to sound decent finally. All the old sounds need now is a bit more sub bass, and that's it.
#1834 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:03:04 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged to keep topic discussion together - MM]

Any way to bring this huge 'fix' to the game? Today, GrandmaDriving uploaded this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MsOg8kKSnw) and now i can't stop thinking about 2 things:

1. They did this in Steam version (as accessing files is easier there), making some slight changes to the sound files, but would it be possible to apply this to the windows version too?
2. Can we expect Turn 10 to actually implement similar changes to make Horizon 4 engine sounds less boring?

As said by comments in the video:

-"What he did is good, but it is only modifying files, there is no need to be hired, I mean indeed it's good, but it's still a mod, and here a simple file edit ;)"

-"Forza and Turn10, get on this! We won't care if the update literally takes all night, we just want good engine sounds"

-"The sound of the vipers in this game is so God awful I can't even drive them" (ngl i can somewhat relate to this one)

_"So basically, the recordings themselves were fine, just the mixing and mastering were ***.? Funny how they couldn't get it right for so long when all it took were some adjustments to the EXISTING FILES!!!. C'mon Playground. sigh"

What do yall think about this? Could it be implemented as easy as it looks to be?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:11:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1835 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 8:12:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kedoelith Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - thread merged to keep topic discussion together - MM]

Any way to bring this huge 'fix' to the game? Today, GrandmaDriving uploaded this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MsOg8kKSnw) and now i can't stop thinking about 2 things:

1. They did this in Steam version (as accessing files is easier there), making some slight changes to the sound files, but would it be possible to apply this to the windows version too?
2. Can we expect Turn 10 to actually implement similar changes to make Horizon 4 engine sounds less boring?

As said by comments in the video:

-"What he did is good, but it is only modifying files, there is no need to be hired, I mean indeed it's good, but it's still a mod, and here a simple file edit ;)"

-"Forza and Turn10, get on this! We won't care if the update literally takes all night, we just want good engine sounds"

-"The sound of the vipers in this game is so God awful I can't even drive them" (ngl i can somewhat relate to this one)

_"So basically, the recordings themselves were fine, just the mixing and mastering were ***.? Funny how they couldn't get it right for so long when all it took were some adjustments to the EXISTING FILES!!!. C'mon Playground. sigh"

What do yall think about this? Could it be implemented as easy as it looks to be?

Doubt it. It's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything. I'm even more livid now than before after finding out how easy it is to change these. If next gen is anything like this and FM7, I'll have lost all faith in this franchise. SOUND IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF A RACING GAME!
 2 users liked this post.
#1836 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:38:02 PM(UTC)
Hello Turn 10, Microsoft. I would like you to change the sound on the Dodge Viper, all of the models sound horrible, why were they added if they din’t even sound real? Anyways, I would like you to add the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, Maybe week 35 or 36? Please and thanks, Sincerely- Suprema Maxx
 2 users liked this post.
#1837 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 2:26:44 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/0MsOg8kKSnw

This video is why we as FH4 want answers as to why the sounds haven't improved over the span of almost 3 years!

Some of the cars from this compilation NEED an overhaul on sound!

Can we port over FM7 sounds onto FH4??
#1838 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:21:11 PM(UTC)
Noticing a whole lot more bass in everything on my Series X this update. Might just be the Dolby Atmos mix, but it's sounding pretty solid to me. Shame it took so long to get to this point.
 1 user liked this post.
#1839 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:56:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
^Myself, GRID has better sounds than Forza Horizon 4 overall (and even FM7), but it was much harder to stomach the poor gameplay in it than the bad sounds in Forza.

The old Forzas weren't the be all end it all when it comes to sounds either, lots of mixing and matching over there. The fact the result was better than this one does not make them ideal. IMO, what the old Forzas did best was capture the most popular cars right... at the expense of the lesser known ones, which aren't accurate at all.

To my knowledge, PCARS2 is pretty overrated when it comes to sounds. Assetto, I remember when people were saying FMOD would "revolutionize" its sounds, but it didn't do squat, it does have many good and accurate sounds but it suffers from that muffled tone you hear in low quality sounds.

But the point is, why are you comparing Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally to an arcade game like FH4? Are you really this fickle to pick racing games based on car sound? lol Even though I acknowledge Dirt Rally has superior sounds to Forza, I'll just not play it, not interested, it's not my type of game. Has me wondering whether you play Dirt Rally just to cruise around the rally stages listening to the sound, which is far detached from the real scope of the game.

I wonder what you'd think of TDU then. Which was very bad sounding, yes, but by no means a poor game. GRID 2008 has worse sounds than GRID 2019 (like, way worse, the Supra sounded like a 911 for example), but GRID 2008 is a vastly superior game.

This is a discussion on sound - so why would I not compare Forza with other racing games for audio quality?

LOL - your post threw me off completely.

DR, Ride 3, PCARS2, Assetto all have great motor and exhaust sounds - way, wayy better than Forza. There are hits and misses, sure. But the end result is vastly better than the last two Forza games.

Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
To be fair the engine tones in FH4 and FM7 are pretty accurate, they just lack low end, and they're really harsh at high volume. I like to turn my system up to the level the actual car would be if I were in it. I do research these things on some cars, and some I have had the pleasure of running around the Indianapolis Speedway thanks to supercar rental services that have been around the last few years. My biggest beef is that I can't feel the bass without turning them up to like 80dB, and upon doing so they're so harsh that I have to turn it back down. Thus ruining my immersive experience.

Say what you will, but FH is the closest we get to a proper open world immersive driving experience. Handling and visuals are second to none. I just want the sound to be as well. In some cases it really is. Audi R8 in FH4 is the most insanely accurate reproduction of a V10 I've ever heard in a game ( albeit a lil heavy on the bass ) , and the LFA... well, that thing just sounds insane too. Most sounds are, they just lack low end and have a bit too much from say 1khz upward. Dynamic range was clearly an afterthought in FM7. If all cars were balanced out to say the level of the LFA, Supra RZ, 488 Pista/GTB I'd be a very happy camper. Hell, if they all got bass levels of those cars I would be. All the McLarens in this game sound excellent ( even tho a couple are just wrong engine tone). I constantly send them tickets regarding this EQ balancing with hopes that they'll do something about it considering we have to wait quite a while yet before the next Horizon is released. I'd much rather I didn't have to use my EQ band-aids to get what I'm after. PG has done a spectacular job with most cars they've done themselves. We just happened to get the short end of the stick for some reason with the majority of the cars in game.

The last few months have seen some sound improvements, but they're not quite there. The last few months have seen my EQ band-aid change considerably for the better. I'm now at like a -4dB 1khz high shelf, and a +3dB 195hz low shelf. Used to be that I'd have to push the low shelf like 12dB, and the high shelf like 9 (still is in some cases. looking at you racing V12 and Ferrari 812). Most the FM7 ported sounds still lack a bit too much bass, and feel really flat compared to the cars that PG have done themselves. I don't know the full story, but I caught a rumor that they lost like 40 or 50 gigs of new sounds during the production of FH4. That would explain why the majority still have their really awful sounds from FM7. If they'd just clean up the mid range, and boost the lows a bit more I think they'll be good enough until FH5 or FH if it's a reboot like FM. I'm betting it will be. IMHO there is nothing out there that is remotely close to either Forza title. I love these games, I just wish they didn't make my ears bleed.

I think developers need to change this stance on "ohh, that sound will take up too much space". I say make a game that exceeds even 100 or 150 gigs, I don't mind. As long as the sounds are on par with everything else in the game.

There are some excellent samples in both FM7 and FH4 - but all have this problem: they sound dwarfed and tiny. It's like the car is never there with you. Squashed dynamic range, lack of bass and impactful midrange sound - the kind that makes you feel the rumble and vibration, reverberates beautifully through your speakers and kicks you in the chest.

Why'd they lose all that great stuff?

I hate the inconsistencies. This has got to stop. Forza should stop competing with NFS or other franchises and instead just focus on keeping it's older and current fans happy.

I say they do what Modern Warfare 2019 did, and make the sound files a separate download if u wanna save space, like MW with their texture packs. I have a 2tb external drive, so space is the least of my concern. and like what someone else said, casuals probs dont care if their car sounds like henry the hoover. if they do this, its a win win for hardcore players and casuals alike. casuals if they wanna save space and hardcore players if they want good car sounds,
Why do so many classic cars have SO MUCH chrome on them? Forza let us dechrome cars!!
#1840 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:46:32 AM(UTC)
Noticing a whole lot more bass in everything on my Series X this update. Might just be the Dolby Atmos mix, but it's sounding pretty solid to me. Shame it took so long to get to this point.

if u dont mind me asking, what audio mix do u use for Dolby Atmos?
#1841 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:40:28 PM(UTC)
This is what needs to be changed... https://youtu.be/0MsOg8kKSnw

PLEASE we beg of you
#1842 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:00:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MassiveManiacIV Go to Quoted Post
This is what needs to be changed... https://youtu.be/0MsOg8kKSnw

PLEASE we beg of you

As said before now people can see how easy it is to make these changes. Honestly i don't care that Turn 10 deoesn't seem to care at all, i would mod the files myself if i could (Windows Store version).

I love FH4 but jeez, is it really that hard to make Vipers' V10s sound like actual V10 engines and find a way to stop all those V12s from sounding like high-piched blenders?
GrandmaDriving gave us a solution easy enough that even your average Steam user could implement! Wouldn't hurt at all to slip those in update 35 or 36
#1843 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XInfamousX12 Go to Quoted Post

if u dont mind me asking, what audio mix do u use for Dolby Atmos?

It's an app called dolby access. No 'mix' parameters to be set that I'm aware of. Just install the app and set the xbox output to dolby atmos. That said, the hotfix yesterday brought a great improvement to the low end of all sounds. Even the Ferrari 812 has some weight to it now.

I should point out that I play primarily in first person so chase cams are of no concern to me. That said, I did notice improvement in the chase cams tho.

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:13:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1844 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 6:27:49 AM(UTC)
Over the past 4-5 years I have become almost numb to the way cars sound in this game , if you like cars whatsoever then it must bother you as well. Not every V-12 in the world sounds like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, and Not every V10 sounds like a huracan. With the exception of a few cars like the LFA etc , nothing has its own unique sound , a played another racing franchise game just yesterday, and while the selection of cars pales in comparison to Forza , the sound on every vehicle is entirely unique , and sounds absolutely incredible. Makes this game feel like it’s made by people who don’t care about cars. Take the Apollo IE , in real life it makes one of the most intense sounds for a modern day V12 , but in forza , it’s just the same noise as another commonly engine swapped V12
74 Pages<<727374Prev

Notification

Icon
Error