1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 4:39:03 AM(UTC)
Do these get on anyone else's nerves?

I was playing earlier and must have been idle for a bit too long, so a nag message started a 30 second countdown telling me I was going to be put back to solo mode. This is annoying mostly because of the noise it makes which there is no way to turn off as far as I know, without muting every single other sound effect. So I had to leave the tuning menus I was in, to go back to free roam to let it join a solo session, otherwise the message wouldn't go away.

Now every time I start the game, it comes up with a 15 second nag timer telling me I'm in solo mode (yes I know, I selected that mode didn't I) and do I want to join an online session? No I don't - how do I tell the game this? You can't, you just have to wait for the timer to expire. Not just once mind, but every time you start the game.

Also at five minutes to each hour, you get the 30 second nag timer that Forzathon is about to begin, even though I have 'online event notifications' turned off.

I'd like to turn off all this rubbish, permanently.

Edited by user Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:10:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 7:54:57 AM(UTC)
I am in full agreement. I hate the nags and have long wished I could disable them, along with most of the senseless banter by any and all, especially if I have already done an event or activity and am doing it again. I also hate all this banter during a race. While I going on about this, I also hate that I cannot completely get rid of the music. I really dislike the fact that I have to mute the entire game, just so I can avoid this stuff.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:47:21 PM(UTC)
Yeah, these pop-ups are tedious. The forzathon ones I guess I don't mind as much as I don't see them (or notice, rather) too frequently because I'm often already engaged in an event/activity and not in FR at 5 of to trigger the message. This incessant online timer, on the other hand, I find very irritating and unnecessary. If I ever get the buring desire to go X-class free roaming in Horizon Life with lonely 8 year-olds, I know where to go. 👌🏻 Until that time comes, I really don't care to hear about it every time I turn around.

I find it hilarious, however, that when I get the "You've been disconnected from this session" message about Horizon Life when I didn't even know I was in it to begin with, the only options given to go forward are Retry and Continue to Horizon Solo, the latter of which first takes you to a network connectivity screen with a lot of I-dunno-what-gibberish before you get to Solo. It's like being randomly asked on the street if you want to join some guy's super-exclusive club and after declining, you're told, "Yeah, well your internet STINKS!"
Quote:
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:05:30 AM(UTC)
Yep you can be deeply involved doing something in the garage like tuning or painting, engrossed in it, but then comes the nagging... stop doing THAT, look at THIS instead... face palm. And it doesn't go away if you ignore it. It's like, you've been disconnected! Okay... so? Oh you want me to stop what I'm doing, return to free roam, look at an error message, click to dismiss it, then join a solo session just to make it shut up (but only for a while, it will never leave you alone permanently).

When the 30 second Forzathon timer comes on, I usually alt-tab the game for 30 seconds because I can't stand the countdown noise.

All this because of the pointless 'always online - with complete strangers!' thing which nobody asked for or wants.

btw, the disconnection 'error' I'm talking about is not truly an error as far as I can tell, but some sort of timeout if you were in an online session in free roam but then lingered 'too long' in the garage.

End users are not technicians, we don't need nor want to see a load of technical gibberish with error codes and numbers and be forced to read this before the game leaves us alone to go back to what we were doing before.

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 1:17:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:13:59 AM(UTC)
Also annoying if you want to take a screenshot.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 2:40:40 AM(UTC)
Right, even if I really wanted to wander around aimlessly amongst the ghosts of players in Horizon Life for "social" purposes, I can't talk to any of them. While quick chat may have utility during races (for some I guess, I detest it), it's not for any sort of meaningful, complex communicating. It's like a game of charades with mimes; "Wheee, fun!" 🎈

For a game that was ballyhoo'd for it's social experience, it sure is anti-social. And let's be honest, considering the trash one encounters in these lobbies, this is the last place I want go to for socialize with randoms. (Now, what I would like to quick chat to some of these people would violate TOS, etc, so I'll never see that, but I digress...)

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 2:44:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quote:
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:25:11 AM(UTC)
Not to mention the whole "You won a lot of races, should we increase your difficulty?" and "You lost a lot of races, should we reduce your difficulty?" which are at best annoying and at worst plain condescending. You guys say in your own guide on the Forza homepage that we shouldn't be worrying about winning or losing, and yet...
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 5:08:02 AM(UTC)
Another one is if you make a small change on your PC, it nags you to change the graphics settings. How about just leave them as they are for crying out loud.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 8:13:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Not to mention the whole "You won a lot of races, should we increase your difficulty?" and "You lost a lot of races, should we reduce your difficulty?" which are at best annoying and at worst plain condescending. You guys say in your own guide on the Forza homepage that we shouldn't be worrying about winning or losing, and yet...

Yes, and it ignores the fact that you restarted the Koenigsegg race in the rain 9 times, and finally won it!

9 attempts later... You won a lot of races, should we increase your difficulty?
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 10:21:35 AM(UTC)
Another nag message is in rivals when you press the rewind button, warning you the lap will be invalid. Okay to warn me once, but I've been playing the game for 30 months and I've used rewind before, there's no need to warn me again each time, as if you've never told me before. These nag warnings are asinine. Let us disable all of them, I am prepared to sign a waiver to say I am a grown-up and will take full responsibility for my actions... 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:24:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

This one bugs me the most. 'No, I don't want to race against your cheats and unbridled drivatar aggression. I'm just fine with these mildly aggressive **** drivers. Thanks. Leave me TF alone.'
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:50:20 PM(UTC)
Oh boy. Things to complain about in 2021 everybody.
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 9:23:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Yep you can be deeply involved doing something in the garage like tuning or painting, engrossed in it, but then comes the nagging... stop doing THAT, look at THIS instead... face palm. And it doesn't go away if you ignore it. It's like, you've been disconnected! Okay... so? Oh you want me to stop what I'm doing, return to free roam, look at an error message, click to dismiss it, then join a solo session just to make it shut up (but only for a while, it will never leave you alone permanently)........

I totally agree -
The forzathon alerts annoy me when I'm in freeroam, but the worst thing for me are the alerts popping up whilst I'm working on a vinyl group.
If I'm busy with a design, I don't care about the forzathon & I don't even care that I've been disconnected from the horizon live session, or that the game is trying to find a new session.
Whilst the forzathon alert has an annoying noise, it at least disappears after a short time, but the session alerts are the worst, because I have to go to freeroam to get rid of them.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:46:38 PM(UTC)
The most annoying one is the difficulty prompt that appears if you "win too much".

The solution is to play on Unbeatable. In fact, maybe I should do just that, as I can win regularly on Unbeatable, which keeps my monies income high. But I shamelessly admit to playing on lower difficulties to keep my cars' kdr perfect, and Street Scene on Unbeatable sucks.

So no, I don't care that I'm "winning too easily". Especially when 1st place pays more than higher difficulty bonus.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:49:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

This game needs tons of QoL improvements. In fact, menu and HUD design declined between FH3 and 4.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 2:39:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

This game needs tons of QoL improvements. In fact, menu and HUD design declined between FH3 and 4.

I prefer the FM4 menu over all others. However, we’ll never get that style back. But ranking complaints about the menu and user interface, the top box message is pretty far down the list.

Notification

Icon
Error