Rank: Driver's License
#1 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 4:59:06 PM(UTC)
The car is just not complete. It doesnt topped out at S2 998 and you cant adjust its anti-roll bars. It feels like devs just rushed it and put the car without paying attention its upgrades. In Current situtation it shares the same fate with the Polaris RZR and LaFerrari.
Rank: Driver's License
#2 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 9:15:41 PM(UTC)
Well, you gotta remember that Forza doesn't really assign the PI system on the cars, it's the corporation itself that assigns it. Also, the Raesr just sucks bro. Aerodynamics are just spread everywhere and it doesn't compliment the bodylines. The lithium ion battery isn't really meant to be optimized like that either.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 9:38:03 PM(UTC)
The same "fate" as the Polaris RZR that sits atop several lower-class off-road leaderboards?

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 9:39:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 11:08:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
The same "fate" as the Polaris RZR that sits atop several lower-class off-road leaderboards?


I was going to say something of the same thing. I've already noticed the Tachyon in my rivals list so it's getting some good times.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 11:22:19 PM(UTC)
I know a lot people are dissatisfied with it, and perhaps there is something reasonable he is trying to get at, I'm not sure; it's just that comparing the RAESR and the RZR for any reason other than similar-sounding names, at least on the surface, seems a little absurd (or quite a stretch, at the very least).

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 11:23:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:56:03 AM(UTC)
Both cars cant topped out at their given class. LaFerrari also cant topped out at S2 998.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:57:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:21:38 AM(UTC)
Gotcha
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:00:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaceQueenRosa Go to Quoted Post
you gotta remember that Forza doesn't really assign the PI system on the cars, it's the corporation itself that assigns it.


Wait, what?! This can't be true. How would a manufacturer be able to gauge a desired PI when the people responsible for developing whatever PI-generating algorithm/formula/system/whateva barely seem to know how to use it? And even if they were permitted to do that, wouldn't every car (at least every contemporary car) be kickbutt-awesome seeing as manufacturers have a vested interest in how even the digital Forza version of their car performs? It's hard to imagine any marketing department being cool with their new product performing like or otherwise being useful as 💩 if they could help it and there seems to be enough contemporary cars in-game that players are largely dissatisfied with for one reason or another (namely performance) to think that what you suggest isn't true. If I am in fact wrong, please show me where the devs admit to allowing PI to be determined entirely by manufacturers so I, too, can revel in disgust.
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:02:30 AM(UTC)
RZR can get to the top of its class and those above surely? La Ferrari is right though - albeit 992/996 is a lot closer than the Raesr!
Rank: Driver's License
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:29:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
RZR can get to the top of its class and those above surely? La Ferrari is right though - albeit 992/996 is a lot closer than the Raesr!


Nope. RZR stucks around S1 890. If it would have been a great competitor against Trailcat if it had a weight reduction kit.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:40:39 AM(UTC)
Just because something can maxed out to a certain PI doesn't mean that it should.
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:19:32 AM(UTC)
Pretty sure talha is referring to the RJ Anderson Pro Truck and not the Polaris RZR. Former is capped at 892.
The LaFerrari can reach 998, even X-class, but only as RWD which is worse than the 992 AWD build.
Those two are launch cars and simply ports from H3 so I can somewhat understand their PI shortcoming.
On the RAESR on the other hand I don't. Weight reduction is an artificial value so why don't scale it in a way the car could reach 998. It wouldn't be overpowered anyway. So it just feels like wasted potential.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:21:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:51:21 AM(UTC)
That does make more sense; with a S1 RZR weighing in around 1,600 lbs, I'm not sure how much RZR would be left after a full weight reduction package...probably just the R's-worth!
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 12:53:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Just because something can maxed out to a certain PI doesn't mean that it should.


My mistake. I meant the Rj anderson Polaris not the other one. Rj anderson starts with S1 815 PI and it cannot topped out at S1 900. With a weight reduction kit, it would reach S1 900.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:11:13 PM(UTC)
Is the RAESR rushed?....maybe. You should here the sound distortion/crackle when you use it during Forzathon live. It almost felt like the game was going to crash when ever the announcer said “ro-e-e-e-und com...eh...eh...eh....plete” lol.

However, Bree was correct in the other thread. The RAESR is actually more affective with rally tires. My 0-100 time jumped from 5.7 secs to 4.5 secs just by switching tires (from race to rally).

It’s not bad on dirt....although I do agree that it’s a wasted opportunity not being able to reach S998.

Still...I have a feeling this car was more meant for a future Motorsport game rather than horizon, but that’s just my opinion.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:23:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaTWO Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Just because something can maxed out to a certain PI doesn't mean that it should.


My mistake. I meant the Rj anderson Polaris not the other one. Rj anderson starts with S1 815 PI and it cannot topped out at S1 900. With a weight reduction kit, it would reach S1 900.


Understood. Honestly, and to your point, it has so little flexibility in H4 that I've hardly used it and totally forgot it was even in the game. It's a shame, really.
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: Driver's Permit
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:34:10 AM(UTC)
Do your guys find that there is no rear lights of the car
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 11:14:18 AM(UTC)
At least it got a new sound, and not some worn out weak sounding trash one like the Jesko got.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 2:36:01 PM(UTC)
I don't think its rushed.

Like all electric cars in game it has very limited upgrading options. Don't aksy me why, but they are pretty much all like that.

And the PI rating is calculated based on the technical properties from the real car. Its not something the devs just assign to make it match in a certain class.
Due to the limited upgrading options the car just sits at the PI rating of the real car, which might not be very favorable in game.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 3:54:27 PM(UTC)
I could be wrong but is it possible that the Tachyon can’t adjust roll bar stiffness because it does not have or need anti roll bars? Electric cars tend to put motors on or near the wheels themselves. Like I said I don’t know any of this for certain but it sure would be hard to tune a non existent anti roll bar.

As for weight reductions on racing vehicles - what weight is there to reduce? They already have had any creature comforts stripped out, no radios, AC, carpet, most don’t have doors or glass windows, no passenger seats or only one, etc etc. The team that races those vehicles in real life would have already done everything possible to remove unnecessary weight from the vehicle.

The RJ Anderson pro truck doesn’t even have a steel body it is made of a steel tube roll cage with a two piece fiberglass shell laid over top of it. Not really any weight loss left without risking reliability or safety. I guess you could remove the fire extinguisher and the nerf padding on the roll bars for a pound or two of weight saving. Or just drive it with a half tank of gas.
Rank: Driver's License
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:39:02 PM(UTC)
Lamborghini Diablo Gtr can shave of more then 400 kg with weight reduction kit. And yes its a race car.

Weight reduction kits are artifical values and can be easily adjusted. Even if they didnt make sense in real world (like in Lamborghini Diablo Gtr) It can be easily done in game.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:49:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaTWO Go to Quoted Post
Lamborghini Diablo Gtr can shave of more then 400 kg with weight reduction kit. And yes its a race car.

Weight reduction kits are artifical values and can be easily adjusted. Even if they didnt make sense in real world (like in Lamborghini Diablo Gtr) It can be easily done in game.


The Diablo GTR was a racing car from over twenty years ago, and still retained the steel body structure from the road going Diablo GT. There are still opportunities for weight savings there. The chassis and body can be stripped and Acid dipped, lightweight batteries can be installed, newer lighter composite materials can be utilized. All of that had already been done on the RJ Anderson truck if it even could be done at all. I think that Turn 10 has done an excellent job limiting upgrades to where they are possible. You can’t engine swap or turbocharge an electric car. The electric engines themselves only contain one moving part and are widely optimized by the manufacturer out of the box. The only real upgrade path for an electric vehicle is to increase voltage, lower resistance, or replace the engines entirely with more powerful ones.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 4:16:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaTWO Go to Quoted Post
Lamborghini Diablo Gtr can shave of more then 400 kg with weight reduction kit. And yes its a race car.

Weight reduction kits are artifical values and can be easily adjusted. Even if they didnt make sense in real world (like in Lamborghini Diablo Gtr) It can be easily done in game.


The Diablo GTR was a racing car from over twenty years ago, and still retained the steel body structure from the road going Diablo GT. There are still opportunities for weight savings there. The chassis and body can be stripped and Acid dipped, lightweight batteries can be installed, newer lighter composite materials can be utilized. All of that had already been done on the RJ Anderson truck if it even could be done at all. I think that Turn 10 has done an excellent job limiting upgrades to where they are possible. You can’t engine swap or turbocharge an electric car. The electric engines themselves only contain one moving part and are widely optimized by the manufacturer out of the box. The only real upgrade path for an electric vehicle is to increase voltage, lower resistance, or replace the engines entirely with more powerful ones.


Diablo GTR is already stripped and removed all unnecessary parts. There is no way in the whole world you can shave of 480 kg. For comparision sake Audi Rs6 can only shave of 415 kg while the car itself is 1985 kg. Not convinced? Ferrari 599 XXE can shave off 328 kg. Honda Ridgeline Baja can shave off 245 kg. Ford Gt40 mk2 can shave of 160 kg. Porsche 959 rally raid can shave of 242 kg. Koenigsegg CCGT, Maserati Mc12 Corsa, Aston Martin Vulcan etc. List goes on.

The real reason why Diablo Gtr can shave of that amount of kg is actually a homoglation stuff from Forza Motorsport 7. It has nothing to do with realism because a race car shave of more then a 2 tonnes family car is beyond me.

Edited by user Monday, March 29, 2021 4:26:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 4:46:40 AM(UTC)
talha is correct on the Diablo GTR. The huge weight reduction (a body like a Diablo GTR could never achieve that) comes from FM7 where it was the fastest way to put it into the homologated class.
It was an after-launch addition and T10 probably didn't want to fiddle around with engine power limit of the class because the stock engine was already within the homologated limit. So, they just removed weight until it fitted - hence the insane value. I could check the Diablo GTR's weight reduction in FM4 where homologated classes weren't a thing.

Later PG ported it over into H4 and kept the specs. That's why it still has the absurd weight reduction.
Weight reduction is an artificial value most of the time. I highly doubt anyone ever calculated how much weight a RAESR can strip. They just set a value. So, it wouldn't have been a problem to set it a few kg higher and let the car reach 998.

Edited for more clarity.

Edited by user Monday, March 29, 2021 5:17:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error