Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 1:14:05 PM(UTC)
I’m sorry to vent but I have to get this off my chest, although nobody associated with the game or game studios will read it OR even care if they did read it.

Horizon 4 is no longer fun for me, in fact it is nothing but a source of frustration. It’s become an endless grind full of mandatory races against ten year old brat lobbies who have no interest in trying to race cleanly and simply slam you out of the way when you slow down for a corner. Combine that with the fact that I am disconnected from the server continuously, no joke - absolutely after every online race, multiplayer season required event, drag races ... the list goes on. I can only assume the Horizon servers are now so unstable as to cause this annoyance. The amount of times I will lose connection and be kicked out of an event only to receive nothing for the last several moments of my time are too numerous to count. I’m a patient person but enough is enough. I have spent the last hour being disconnected from everything I’ve attempted to do, and this only appears to be getting worse.

On the bright side I’ve just been able to free up close to 200 GB of hard drive space by deleting every Forza game on there, allowing more room for entertainment that actually helps me wind down at the end of a long work day instead of annoying me to the point of rage quitting day after day.

It hurts to walk away from a game I’ve invested hundreds of hours in but I must. It was a relatively fun run while it lasted.

C’est la vie, Forza. Have a nice life. I would say until we meet again but that would be misleading as I have to drop you like the bad habit you’ve become in order to preserve the last bit of sanity I have left.
Rank: Racing Legend
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 12:16:13 AM(UTC)
ok bye
didn't realize it was an airport
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:39:18 AM(UTC)
Ookay?
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 12:43:18 PM(UTC)
A good game should brings happiness to everyone, or at least fair to everyone. It's still a great game in single player. What can I say, I'm not a standard fan, but I know just how it feels. People change, and I hope the change will be better tomorrow.

I found that no matter how big a racing game is, how big the name, it's difficult to make it fair. I used to have similar experience about 10 years ago. I wouldn't have big expectation to play online, or did I give it up? I don't know. I know for sure I got bumped from behind, and I'm the one who got penalty, I was leading but then I end up losing, so on so on. There do have exception, Japanese players are mostly fair and clean, no racist but they usually don't play with other countries. Perhaps this add one more good reason for the game to take place in Japan? Who knows.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:09:55 PM(UTC)
Don't play online then?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 11:35:13 PM(UTC)
I started with FH3 so I am relatively new. Being new to the game it is still great, just a lot bugged. Annoying that the bugs are mostly 5 minute fixes, or 1 hour if the code is hard to read.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 3:43:36 PM(UTC)
The game makes fun and you should play it for calm down and the driving pleasure, not entirely to get any rewards. I know it can be a kind of frustrating as the I get some kicks out of multiplayer myself the last times. Most frustrating was a kick out after completing 9 of 10 rounds of the goliath I did with my cousin. so about 70 minutes driving without any outcome.

But I had to admit, that I started with Forza Motorsport 6 Apex. Even installed Windows 10 for that. But to be honest it keeps me away from the other forza titles as it seems to hard for me.

But than I tried the FH3 und FH4 Demos and bought both games as Ultimate Editions. Bought Forza Motorsport 7 as well and after finishing them I bought a used XBOX 360 S and a XBOX One for FM1-6 and the both FH titles available. So maybe I am a forzafanboy..... and a bit biased towards.
Rank: Driver's License
#8 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 3:56:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Doktr Apokulypz Go to Quoted Post
I’m sorry to vent but I have to get this off my chest, although nobody associated with the game or game studios will read it OR even care if they did read it.

Horizon 4 is no longer fun for me, in fact it is nothing but a source of frustration. It’s become an endless grind full of mandatory races against ten year old brat lobbies who have no interest in trying to race cleanly and simply slam you out of the way when you slow down for a corner. Combine that with the fact that I am disconnected from the server continuously, no joke - absolutely after every online race, multiplayer season required event, drag races ... the list goes on. I can only assume the Horizon servers are now so unstable as to cause this annoyance. The amount of times I will lose connection and be kicked out of an event only to receive nothing for the last several moments of my time are too numerous to count. I’m a patient person but enough is enough. I have spent the last hour being disconnected from everything I’ve attempted to do, and this only appears to be getting worse.

On the bright side I’ve just been able to free up close to 200 GB of hard drive space by deleting every Forza game on there, allowing more room for entertainment that actually helps me wind down at the end of a long work day instead of annoying me to the point of rage quitting day after day.

It hurts to walk away from a game I’ve invested hundreds of hours in but I must. It was a relatively fun run while it lasted.

C’est la vie, Forza. Have a nice life. I would say until we meet again but that would be misleading as I have to drop you like the bad habit you’ve become in order to preserve the last bit of sanity I have left.


You do know that the disconnection issues isn't just happening on your end, right? This is happening on my end too, and right now, the game's coding got a little messed up the moment that the devs released the game on Steam. AFAIK, there's some Teredo denial issues that hasn't been addressed yet, plus the moment that I do even do casual lobbies with some of the group of people that I usually play with also get disconnection issues, so it isn't just you, it's me as well.

So, if you say Horizon 4 isn't fun for you, well here's the thing, have you really tried *everything*? Because if you say that you're just being filled up with mandatory races to unlock stuff, it seems like you just don't have the right set of friends to make you have fun on this game, and even then, I bet you that you're just been playing solo for all this time. For **** sakes dude, if you want help, you need some friends along the way, and I'm pretty sure they can run it up for you on the higher difficulty and help you carry those problems with "requred" lobby races. And I'll be the kind of person that can help you teach you how this game works.

Disconnection issues is just temporary, trust me, and i still stan this game to the very end, and I know they'll be transparent on this issue, as multiple numbers of reports started to pop up left and right, along with some ranked people, some eliminator people, and some just casual lobbies, and when T10 notices that their playerbase is down from the Steam and Microsoft accounts, they have to do something.

Don't quit. You can do something for now and wait until they fix the game. Also, if you need help on acquiring some cars, add me on xbox and don't hurt to message me for help every now and then. IGN Racequeenrosa or follow me on my Twitch and such. (b - w -)b
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:04:35 AM(UTC)
Re connection issues, you need to forward port 3074 on your router, forwarding it to the device you play the game on. This is a general requirement of Xbox Live online play. It's required for games where you connect to other players, rather than a server-based model where every player only connects to a server. Many other games are based around dedicated servers that every player connects to, so that's why people can play other games online just fine if they don't have any ports forwarded, but to reliably play FH4 online, you need port 3074 forwarded. If you don't, it will sometimes work, if another player has the port forwarded so you can connect to them, but it won't always work.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:08:25 AM(UTC)
I've never changed any router settings like manual port forwarding, it's the first time I've heard of that. I've played Forza online across different consoles and PC without ever needing to. The issues I have had at times, have been entirely *not* at my end.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:29:58 AM(UTC)
You may have UPnP on, which can sometimes be on by default on some routers. That will automatically forward port 3074. How I established that it's the port you need to forward was by turning UPnP on and looking at the router to see what happened as a result. It's simply impossible for one player to connect to another if neither has a port forwarded.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:14:26 AM(UTC)
😬 Aww, ...I always get a Mom-and-Dad-are-fighting-again knot in my stomach when I read FN-Breem back-and-forths... 😖

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:46:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Doktr Apokulypz Go to Quoted Post
On the bright side I’ve just been able to free up close to 200 GB of hard drive space by deleting every Forza game on there...


H4 obviously has it's share of 'challenges,' but damn, don't go punishing perfectly good games like FH3 and the gang for the sins of the youngest child. H3, voted class 'Most Likely to Succeed,' is the clear standout in the family currently (and will no doubt grow up to be a doctor or lawyer some day). It still runs/plays great, and multiplayer in the base game continues to be busy-ish. Have yourself a little homecoming; you'll have a great time and wonder how did H4 get to be such a messed up flunkie? (Blame the parents, naturally.)

Even the Jan Brady of the family, middle child and 'Miss Congeniality' H2 should provide a fair respite away from bad seed baby H4's temper tantrums, chronic illness, and cognitive development disorder...that is if you can over look H2's woefully dated graphics and depressingly much smaller available car pool. (Oh, Jan...)

And while most of their older Motorsport cousins are largely retired, a few of the younger ones are still up to coming out to play. Even FM7 is out of rehab, though still a bit wobbly.

Seriously, though...for whatever it's worth, everyone else is having to play thru the same issues as you. We're all annoyed, dissatisfied, and salty. While there's no guarantee that sticking with it will pay off in the end, via some magical unicorn patch or something else, all bailing out now does is ensure that your investment of time sunk, funds spent, etc is a total loss.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:19:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
😬 Aww, ...I always get a Mom-and-Dad-are-fighting-again knot in my stomach when I read FN-Breem back-and-forths... 😖



It isn't like that as far as I'm concerned, just a discussion :shrug:

It's pretty obviously common sense that you don't need to have arcane knowledge about adjusting obscure router settings in order to play on Xbox live properly.

*obscure to most people.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:24:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
It's pretty obviously common sense that you don't need to have arcane knowledge about adjusting obscure router settings in order to play on Xbox live properly.

So why do Microsoft themselves tell people to do it?

https://support.microsof...c-1982-7163-6e12a4d9e981

Note, though, that whoever wrote that article is confused about the difference between incoming and outgoing traffic. The only port that needs forwarding on the router is 3074, unless you have something blocking outgoing traffic, in which case the other ports need to be opened (not forwarded).
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:43:46 AM(UTC)
Well it says you 'might' need to, presumably if you have an ancient router? I have no idea. The cause of most people's Forza connection problems is at Microsoft's end.

I think the blanket advice that people need to set up port forwarding is not helpful to most people, who will never need to touch any of those settings. It just blinds people with science.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:44:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:48:08 AM(UTC)
😬😖😩
Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 9:01:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well it says you 'might' need to, presumably if you have an ancient router? I have no idea. The cause of most people's Forza connection problems is at Microsoft's end.

I think the blanket advice that people need to set up port forwarding is not helpful to most people, who will never need to touch any of those settings. It just blinds people with science.

The concept of port forwarding has nothing to do with the age of the router, it's simply a fundamental networking concept. A computer cannot connect to another computer unless one of them has a listening port open. One acts as the client, the other as the server, it's just how networking works.

The person who wrote that article is clueless. The port MUST be open for another player to connect to you. The only "might" that is involved is because someone might have UPnP turned on, in which case the game will automatically tell the router to forward the port. Either way, the port is forwarded, another player cannot possibly connect to you if it isn't. There is no "might" involved in that, it's 100% certain that another player cannot connect to you if port 3074 is not forwarded on your router.

It used to be very common to have to forward specific ports for specific games, here is a huge list:
https://portforward.com/ports.htm
Xbox Live improves on this by reducing it to one port for all games that use it. Games that are entirely server based improve it further by not requiring any ports to be forwarded by users.

Microsoft tells people to open the port. If you have UPnP on, the game will configure your router to forward the port. I had many connection issues that have reduced to zero since forwarding the port. Why would someone not spend, like, one minute to check that either they have UPnP on, or add the port if not. But if people would rather spend their time ranting about it than fixing the problem, that's up them.

Notification

Icon
Error